|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
2. When was the last letter in Chapter 4 written?
(a) February, 1787.
(b) January, 1787.
(c) October, 1787.
(d) July, 1787.
3. Which queen protected American vessels from the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
4. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
5. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
(a) They were afraid of the pirates.
(b) They thought they would benefit from the destruction of trade between other nations.
(c) They were unaware of the piracy.
(d) They hired the pirates and dictated their activity.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jefferson join Adams and Benjamin Franklin in France?
2. Besides letters, what else did Adams and Jefferson write?
3. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
4. What year was it when Jefferson attempted to renew his correspondence with Abigail?
5. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)