|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Jefferson received in the England court as he tried to secure a commercial treaty?
2. Where did Adams observe Jefferson's presidency?
(d) New York.
3. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Increasing trade with Europe.
(b) Reducing trade with Europe.
(c) Getting too involved with European politics.
(d) Ignoring European politics.
4. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
5. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
(a) By a Native and Member of the House of Burgesses.
(b) By an Original Member of the House of Burgesses.
(c) By a Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(d) By a Native and Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Adams travel as a Diplomat in 1778?
2. When did Jefferson return to France in Chapter 4 and begin writing to Adams again?
3. What did the British do while Jefferson was trying to secure the commercial treaty, in Chapter 4?
4. What year was it when Jefferson attempted to renew his correspondence with Abigail?
5. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)