|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Jefferson received in the England court as he tried to secure a commercial treaty?
2. When was the last letter in Chapter 4 written?
(a) October, 1787.
(b) July, 1787.
(c) February, 1787.
(d) January, 1787.
3. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
(b) New York.
4. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
(a) A vague list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(b) A detailed list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(c) A list of two commodities that could be exchanged.
(d) A list of three commodities that could be exchanged.
5. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
(a) The letters before 1801.
(b) The letters during 1801.
(c) The letters after 1801.
(d) The letters both before and after 1801.
Short Answer Questions
1. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
2. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
3. What did the British do while Jefferson was trying to secure the commercial treaty, in Chapter 4?
4. How many years after the Declaration of Independence did Adams and Jefferson pass away?
5. Which queen protected American vessels from the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)