|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
(a) They thought the moderates were dangerous to the country.
(b) They thought the moderates did not love liberty enough.
(c) They thought the moderates were wrong about every issue.
(d) They thought the moderates were trying to stop the war.
2. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
(a) During the War of 1812.
(b) Before the War of 1812.
(c) Both during and after the War of 1812.
(d) After the War of 1812.
3. How long were Adams and Jefferson apart before they met on August 7th of 1784?
(a) Five years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Four and a half years.
(d) Five and a half years.
4. How long after Adams established a friendly relationship with the Dutch would it help the U.S. alleviate debt?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Eight years.
5. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
(a) The letters during 1801.
(b) The letters both before and after 1801.
(c) The letters after 1801.
(d) The letters before 1801.
Short Answer Questions
1. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
2. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
3. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
4. How did Adams respond to Jefferson's suggestion to Congress about solving the situation with the Barbary pirates?
5. How many years after the Declaration of Independence did Adams and Jefferson pass away?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)