|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
(a) A few years.
(b) Many years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
2. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
3. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
(a) They were afraid of the pirates.
(b) They were unaware of the piracy.
(c) They hired the pirates and dictated their activity.
(d) They thought they would benefit from the destruction of trade between other nations.
4. When did Adams and Jefferson begin reading voraciously?
(a) After their presidencies.
(b) During their presidencies.
(c) During college.
(d) At a young age.
5. When did Adams move to London?
(a) Late 1785.
(b) Mid 1785.
(c) Early 1785.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alarmed Adams and Jefferson about the looting by the Barbary States?
2. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
3. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
4. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
5. How old was Adams when he met Jefferson?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)