|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
(a) Financing the war, public opinion, and regulating trade.
(b) Financing the war and public opinion.
(c) Public opinion and regulating trade.
(d) Financing the war and regulating trade.
2. When did the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson resume?
3. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
(a) Its markets expanded too quickly.
(b) Its markets shrank.
(c) Its supplies were limited.
(d) Its supplies were unavailable.
4. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
(a) Secretary of state.
(b) Chief advisor.
(c) Speaker of the house.
(d) Secretary of Treasury.
5. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
(a) July 10.
(b) July 4.
(c) June 4.
(d) June 10.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
2. How long after Adams established a friendly relationship with the Dutch would it help the U.S. alleviate debt?
3. When was Jefferson a governor?
4. In 1784, how much experience did Adams have in diplomacy?
5. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)