|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country was Adams a diplomat in the 1780s?
2. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
(a) Its supplies were unavailable.
(b) Its markets shrank.
(c) Its supplies were limited.
(d) Its markets expanded too quickly.
3. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
(a) His oratorical and writing ability, and sound head.
(b) His writing ability and sound head.
(c) His oratorical and writing ability.
(d) His oratorical ability and sound head.
4. How long were Adams and Jefferson apart before they met on August 7th of 1784?
(a) Five and a half years.
(b) Four and a half years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Five years.
5. In 1784, how much experience did Adams have in diplomacy?
(a) Five years.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Seven years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Adams move to London?
2. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
3. How long was Adams the Commissioner to France?
4. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
5. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)