|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Adams respond to Jefferson's suggestion to Congress about solving the situation with the Barbary pirates?
(a) He supported it in a practical way.
(b) He only supported it slightly.
(c) He did not support it.
(d) He supported it entirely.
2. Where did Adams observe Jefferson's presidency?
(a) New York.
3. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Increasing trade with Europe.
(b) Ignoring European politics.
(c) Reducing trade with Europe.
(d) Getting too involved with European politics.
4. How many years after the Declaration of Independence did Adams and Jefferson pass away?
(d) Twenty five.
5. How long were Adams and Jefferson apart before they met on August 7th of 1784?
(a) Five and a half years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Four and a half years.
(d) Four years.
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 4, when did Jefferson visit England on Adams' request?
2. In the order of the U.S. Presidents, when did John Adams and Thomas Jefferson hold the office respectively?
3. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
4. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
5. How was Adams described in the Introduction?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)