|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson resume?
2. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
(a) No concern.
(b) The only concern.
(c) A minor concern.
(d) A major concern.
3. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
(a) Before the War of 1812.
(b) During the War of 1812.
(c) After the War of 1812.
(d) Both during and after the War of 1812.
4. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
(a) Literature and other people's opinions.
(b) Cases from history and literature.
(c) Cases from history, other people's opinions, and literature.
(d) Cases from history and other people's opinions.
5. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
(a) Minister resident.
(b) Minister plenipotentiary.
(c) First Secretary.
(d) Second Secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which queen protected American vessels from the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
2. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
3. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
4. In the order of the U.S. Presidents, when did John Adams and Thomas Jefferson hold the office respectively?
5. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)