|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
2. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
(a) The letters after 1801.
(b) The letters during 1801.
(c) The letters before 1801.
(d) The letters both before and after 1801.
3. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
(a) By an Original Member of the House of Burgesses.
(b) By a Native and Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(c) By a Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(d) By a Native and Member of the House of Burgesses.
4. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
(a) It would begin trading with other countries.
(b) It would honor the agreements with the United States.
(c) It would not honor the agreements with the United States.
(d) It would not begin trading with other countries.
5. As mentioned in Chapter 4, when did Jefferson visit England on Adams' request?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Jefferson received in the England court as he tried to secure a commercial treaty?
2. How many years after the Declaration of Independence did Adams and Jefferson pass away?
3. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
4. How many missions were made to Algiers to deal with the Barbary pirates?
5. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)