|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
2. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
(a) Jefferson was too far away.
(b) Peace was near.
(c) The job could not be funded.
(d) The War was ongoing.
3. In the order of the U.S. Presidents, when did John Adams and Thomas Jefferson hold the office respectively?
(a) They were the second and eighth Presidents.
(b) They were the third and fourth Presidents.
(c) They were the second and third Presidents.
(d) They were the fourth and eighth Presidents.
4. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
(a) Two years.
(b) Many years.
(c) One year.
(d) A few years.
5. How many years after the Declaration of Independence did Adams and Jefferson pass away?
(d) Twenty five.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
2. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
3. When did the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson resume?
4. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
5. Where was Jefferson the governor?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)