|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
(a) 1777 and 1881.
(b) 1778 and 1882.
(c) 1774 and 1879.
(d) 1775 and 1880.
2. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
(a) February, 1774.
(b) February, 1775.
(c) January, 1775.
(d) January, 1774.
3. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
(a) The War was ongoing.
(b) The job could not be funded.
(c) Jefferson was too far away.
(d) Peace was near.
4. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
(a) Thirty two.
(b) Thirty eight.
(c) Thirty six.
(d) Thirty four.
5. Which queen protected American vessels from the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
2. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
3. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
4. What type of a letter did Adams write after meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
5. Where did Adams go to help secure formal recognition of American independence?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)