|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the last letter in Chapter 4 written?
(a) July, 1787.
(b) January, 1787.
(c) February, 1787.
(d) October, 1787.
2. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
(a) First Secretary.
(b) Minister resident.
(c) Second Secretary.
(d) Minister plenipotentiary.
3. In 1784, how much experience did Adams have in diplomacy?
(a) Five months.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Five years.
4. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
5. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
(a) A list of three commodities that could be exchanged.
(b) A detailed list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(c) A list of two commodities that could be exchanged.
(d) A vague list of commodities that could be exchanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson resume?
2. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
3. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
4. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
5. Where did Adams negotiate with the Portuguese?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)