|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
(a) Cases from history and literature.
(b) Cases from history and other people's opinions.
(c) Cases from history, other people's opinions, and literature.
(d) Literature and other people's opinions.
2. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
(a) They resented Britain's economic acts.
(b) They resented Britain's navigation acts.
(c) They resented Britain's politics.
(d) They resented Britain's policies with the U.S.
3. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
4. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
(a) They hired the pirates and dictated their activity.
(b) They thought they would benefit from the destruction of trade between other nations.
(c) They were unaware of the piracy.
(d) They were afraid of the pirates.
5. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
(a) His oratorical and writing ability, and sound head.
(b) His oratorical ability and sound head.
(c) His oratorical and writing ability.
(d) His writing ability and sound head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which queen protected American vessels from the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
2. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
3. What alarmed Adams and Jefferson about the looting by the Barbary States?
4. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
5. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)