|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Reducing trade with Europe.
(b) Ignoring European politics.
(c) Getting too involved with European politics.
(d) Increasing trade with Europe.
2. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
(a) His oratorical and writing ability.
(b) His oratorical ability and sound head.
(c) His writing ability and sound head.
(d) His oratorical and writing ability, and sound head.
3. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
4. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
(a) Financing the war and regulating trade.
(b) Financing the war, public opinion, and regulating trade.
(c) Public opinion and regulating trade.
(d) Financing the war and public opinion.
5. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
2. What things did Jefferson think governed Algiers?
3. How was Adams described in the Introduction?
4. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
5. When did the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson resume?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)