|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Adams move to London?
(b) Mid 1785.
(c) Early 1785.
(d) Late 1785.
2. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
(a) After the War of 1812.
(b) Before the War of 1812.
(c) During the War of 1812.
(d) Both during and after the War of 1812.
3. How was Jefferson received in the England court as he tried to secure a commercial treaty?
4. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
(a) The letters both before and after 1801.
(b) The letters after 1801.
(c) The letters before 1801.
(d) The letters during 1801.
5. What alarmed Adams and Jefferson about the looting by the Barbary States?
(a) The lack of awareness of it.
(b) The lack of solutions to stop it.
(c) The Europeans' encouragement of it.
(d) The Europeans' tolerance of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Adams return to France in 1780?
2. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
3. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
4. How many years after the Declaration of Independence did Adams and Jefferson pass away?
5. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)