|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
2. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
(a) Thirty eight.
(b) Thirty two.
(c) Thirty six.
(d) Thirty four.
3. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
(a) The letters during 1801.
(b) The letters before 1801.
(c) The letters both before and after 1801.
(d) The letters after 1801.
4. Where did Adams travel as a Diplomat in 1778?
5. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
(a) They resented Britain's policies with the U.S.
(b) They resented Britain's politics.
(c) They resented Britain's economic acts.
(d) They resented Britain's navigation acts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jefferson the governor?
2. When was Jefferson a governor?
3. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
5. Which of the following was not included in Jefferson's description in the Introduction?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)