|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
(a) July 10.
(b) July 4.
(c) June 10.
(d) June 4.
2. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
(a) Thirty eight.
(b) Thirty two.
(c) Thirty six.
(d) Thirty four.
3. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
(a) The letters before 1801.
(b) The letters after 1801.
(c) The letters both before and after 1801.
(d) The letters during 1801.
4. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
(a) The American Delegation.
(b) The American Ambassadors.
(c) The American Commission.
(d) The American Representatives.
5. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
(a) They thought the moderates were wrong about every issue.
(b) They thought the moderates were trying to stop the war.
(c) They thought the moderates did not love liberty enough.
(d) They thought the moderates were dangerous to the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
2. Besides letters, what else did Adams and Jefferson write?
3. Where was Jefferson the governor?
4. When did the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson resume?
5. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)