|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Adams described in the Introduction?
(a) Short, slender, and jovial.
(b) Short, round, and jovial.
(c) Short, round, and reserved.
(d) Short, slender, and reserved.
2. When did Adams and Jefferson work well together at the Continental Congress?
3. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
(a) The letters both before and after 1801.
(b) The letters before 1801.
(c) The letters after 1801.
(d) The letters during 1801.
4. When did the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson resume?
5. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
(a) No concern.
(b) A minor concern.
(c) The only concern.
(d) A major concern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
2. How many years after the Declaration of Independence did Adams and Jefferson pass away?
3. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
4. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
5. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)