|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alarmed Adams and Jefferson about the looting by the Barbary States?
(a) The Europeans' tolerance of it.
(b) The lack of solutions to stop it.
(c) The Europeans' encouragement of it.
(d) The lack of awareness of it.
2. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
(a) Minister resident.
(b) Second Secretary.
(c) First Secretary.
(d) Minister plenipotentiary.
3. Where did Adams negotiate with the Portuguese?
4. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
(a) They were both trained in the law.
(b) They both taught at the same schools.
(c) They were both trained by the same person.
(d) They both went to the same schools.
5. In 1784, how much experience did Adams have in diplomacy?
(a) Five years.
(b) Five months.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Seven months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
2. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
3. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
4. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
5. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)