|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Adams established a friendly relationship with the Dutch would it help the U.S. alleviate debt?
(a) Six years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
2. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
(a) Peace was near.
(b) The War was ongoing.
(c) The job could not be funded.
(d) Jefferson was too far away.
3. Where did Adams travel as a Diplomat in 1778?
4. When was Jefferson a governor?
(a) From 1779 to 1781.
(b) From 1778 to 1780.
(c) From 1780 to 1782.
(d) From 1777 to 1778.
5. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
(a) The decision to have elections.
(b) The economic status.
(c) The trade agreements.
(d) The authority to resist British oppression.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
2. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
3. How long was Adams the Commissioner to France?
4. Why did Adams return to France in 1780?
5. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)