|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
(a) Chief advisor.
(b) Secretary of state.
(c) Secretary of Treasury.
(d) Speaker of the house.
2. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
(a) The only concern.
(b) A major concern.
(c) A minor concern.
(d) No concern.
3. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
4. In the order of the U.S. Presidents, when did John Adams and Thomas Jefferson hold the office respectively?
(a) They were the second and third Presidents.
(b) They were the third and fourth Presidents.
(c) They were the fourth and eighth Presidents.
(d) They were the second and eighth Presidents.
5. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
(a) The letters during 1801.
(b) The letters after 1801.
(c) The letters before 1801.
(d) The letters both before and after 1801.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
2. When did Jefferson's wife pass away?
3. How long was Adams the Commissioner to France?
4. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
5. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)