|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Jefferson the governor?
2. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
(a) Its markets shrank.
(b) Its markets expanded too quickly.
(c) Its supplies were unavailable.
(d) Its supplies were limited.
3. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
(a) July 7th.
(b) June 4th.
(c) July 4th.
(d) June 7th.
4. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
(a) They thought the moderates did not love liberty enough.
(b) They thought the moderates were trying to stop the war.
(c) They thought the moderates were dangerous to the country.
(d) They thought the moderates were wrong about every issue.
5. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
2. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
3. When did Adams move to London?
4. Where did Adams travel as a Diplomat in 1778?
5. What alarmed Adams and Jefferson about the looting by the Barbary States?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)