|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Adams and Jefferson begin reading voraciously?
(a) At a young age.
(b) After their presidencies.
(c) During their presidencies.
(d) During college.
2. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
(a) The American Delegation.
(b) The American Ambassadors.
(c) The American Commission.
(d) The American Representatives.
3. How long was Adams the Commissioner to France?
(a) From 1774 to 1776.
(b) From 1775 to 1779.
(c) From 1774 to 1778.
(d) From 1777 to 1779.
4. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
5. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
2. Where did Adams negotiate with the Portuguese?
3. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
4. In what country was Adams a diplomat in the 1780s?
5. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)