|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
(a) They resented Britain's economic acts.
(b) They resented Britain's policies with the U.S.
(c) They resented Britain's navigation acts.
(d) They resented Britain's politics.
2. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
(a) Literature and other people's opinions.
(b) Cases from history and literature.
(c) Cases from history and other people's opinions.
(d) Cases from history, other people's opinions, and literature.
3. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
(a) June 4th.
(b) June 7th.
(c) July 7th.
(d) July 4th.
4. When did Jefferson join Adams and Benjamin Franklin in France?
5. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
2. In what country was Adams a diplomat in the 1780s?
3. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
4. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
5. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)