|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Jefferson join Adams and Benjamin Franklin in France?
2. Where did Adams go to help secure formal recognition of American independence?
3. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
(a) By a Native and Member of the House of Burgesses.
(b) By a Native and Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(c) By an Original Member of the House of Burgesses.
(d) By a Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
4. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
(a) They resented Britain's navigation acts.
(b) They resented Britain's politics.
(c) They resented Britain's policies with the U.S.
(d) They resented Britain's economic acts.
5. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
2. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
3. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
4. Where was Jefferson the governor?
5. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)