|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
(a) Chief advisor.
(b) Secretary of state.
(c) Secretary of Treasury.
(d) Speaker of the house.
2. What alarmed Adams and Jefferson about the looting by the Barbary States?
(a) The Europeans' tolerance of it.
(b) The Europeans' encouragement of it.
(c) The lack of solutions to stop it.
(d) The lack of awareness of it.
3. How long were Adams and Jefferson apart before they met on August 7th of 1784?
(a) Four years.
(b) Five and a half years.
(c) Four and a half years.
(d) Five years.
4. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
5. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
(a) Literature and other people's opinions.
(b) Cases from history and literature.
(c) Cases from history and other people's opinions.
(d) Cases from history, other people's opinions, and literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
2. When was Jefferson a governor?
3. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
4. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
5. How many years after the Declaration of Independence did Adams and Jefferson pass away?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)