|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country was Adams a diplomat in the 1780s?
2. In the order of the U.S. Presidents, when did John Adams and Thomas Jefferson hold the office respectively?
(a) They were the second and third Presidents.
(b) They were the third and fourth Presidents.
(c) They were the fourth and eighth Presidents.
(d) They were the second and eighth Presidents.
3. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
(a) July 4th.
(b) June 4th.
(c) July 7th.
(d) June 7th.
4. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
(a) February, 1775.
(b) January, 1774.
(c) February, 1774.
(d) January, 1775.
5. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
(a) A list of two commodities that could be exchanged.
(b) A vague list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(c) A list of three commodities that could be exchanged.
(d) A detailed list of commodities that could be exchanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
2. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
3. Why did Adams return to France in 1780?
4. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
5. Where did Adams go to help secure formal recognition of American independence?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)