|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
(a) 1774 and 1879.
(b) 1777 and 1881.
(c) 1775 and 1880.
(d) 1778 and 1882.
2. How long after Adams established a friendly relationship with the Dutch would it help the U.S. alleviate debt?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Six years.
3. When did Adams move to London?
(a) Late 1785.
(b) Early 1785.
(c) Mid 1785.
4. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
(a) They thought the moderates were wrong about every issue.
(b) They thought the moderates were dangerous to the country.
(c) They thought the moderates did not love liberty enough.
(d) They thought the moderates were trying to stop the war.
5. Where did Adams travel as a Diplomat in 1778?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after the Declaration of Independence did Adams and Jefferson pass away?
2. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
3. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
4. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
5. Where did Adams observe Jefferson's presidency?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)