|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
2. How long were Adams and Jefferson apart before they met on August 7th of 1784?
(a) Five and a half years.
(b) Four and a half years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Five years.
3. When was Jefferson a governor?
(a) From 1779 to 1781.
(b) From 1780 to 1782.
(c) From 1777 to 1778.
(d) From 1778 to 1780.
4. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
(a) They were both trained by the same person.
(b) They both went to the same schools.
(c) They were both trained in the law.
(d) They both taught at the same schools.
5. Which of the following was not included in Jefferson's description in the Introduction?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1784, how much experience did Adams have in diplomacy?
2. How long after Adams established a friendly relationship with the Dutch would it help the U.S. alleviate debt?
3. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
4. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
5. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)