|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
(a) The American Ambassadors.
(b) The American Representatives.
(c) The American Delegation.
(d) The American Commission.
2. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
(a) Financing the war, public opinion, and regulating trade.
(b) Public opinion and regulating trade.
(c) Financing the war and regulating trade.
(d) Financing the war and public opinion.
3. When did the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson resume?
4. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
(a) June 7th.
(b) June 4th.
(c) July 7th.
(d) July 4th.
5. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
(a) Literature and other people's opinions.
(b) Cases from history, other people's opinions, and literature.
(c) Cases from history and literature.
(d) Cases from history and other people's opinions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
2. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
3. Where was Jefferson the governor?
4. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
5. How long were Adams and Jefferson apart before they met on August 7th of 1784?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)