|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Adams and Jefferson begin reading voraciously?
(a) During college.
(b) During their presidencies.
(c) At a young age.
(d) After their presidencies.
2. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
(a) Cases from history, other people's opinions, and literature.
(b) Cases from history and other people's opinions.
(c) Cases from history and literature.
(d) Literature and other people's opinions.
3. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
(a) A list of three commodities that could be exchanged.
(b) A vague list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(c) A detailed list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(d) A list of two commodities that could be exchanged.
4. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
(a) The letters before 1801.
(b) The letters both before and after 1801.
(c) The letters after 1801.
(d) The letters during 1801.
5. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
(a) The job could not be funded.
(b) Jefferson was too far away.
(c) The War was ongoing.
(d) Peace was near.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
2. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
3. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
4. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
5. How was Adams described in the Introduction?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)