|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Adams observe Jefferson's presidency?
(d) New York.
2. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
(a) 1778 and 1882.
(b) 1777 and 1881.
(c) 1774 and 1879.
(d) 1775 and 1880.
3. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
(a) Peace was near.
(b) The job could not be funded.
(c) Jefferson was too far away.
(d) The War was ongoing.
4. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
5. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
(a) His writing ability.
(b) His oratorical ability and temperament.
(c) His writing ability and temperament.
(d) His oratorical ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
2. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
3. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
4. How many years after the Declaration of Independence did Adams and Jefferson pass away?
5. When did Adams move to London?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)