|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Adams when he met Jefferson?
(a) Thirty two.
(b) Thirty seven.
(c) Thirty four.
(d) Thirty nine.
2. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
(a) Literature and other people's opinions.
(b) Cases from history and literature.
(c) Cases from history and other people's opinions.
(d) Cases from history, other people's opinions, and literature.
3. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
(a) They were both trained in the law.
(b) They both taught at the same schools.
(c) They both went to the same schools.
(d) They were both trained by the same person.
4. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
(a) A few years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Many years.
(d) One year.
5. How was Adams described in the Introduction?
(a) Short, slender, and reserved.
(b) Short, round, and reserved.
(c) Short, slender, and jovial.
(d) Short, round, and jovial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
2. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
3. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
4. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
5. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)