|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
(a) His writing ability and sound head.
(b) His oratorical and writing ability, and sound head.
(c) His oratorical ability and sound head.
(d) His oratorical and writing ability.
2. Where did Adams travel as a Diplomat in 1778?
3. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
(a) July 7th.
(b) July 4th.
(c) June 4th.
(d) June 7th.
4. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
(a) Thirty eight.
(b) Thirty two.
(c) Thirty six.
(d) Thirty four.
5. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
2. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
3. When was Jefferson a governor?
4. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
5. When did Adams and Jefferson begin reading voraciously?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)