|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
(a) They were both trained by the same person.
(b) They were both trained in the law.
(c) They both taught at the same schools.
(d) They both went to the same schools.
2. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
(a) Thirty two.
(b) Thirty eight.
(c) Thirty six.
(d) Thirty four.
3. Where did Adams travel as a Diplomat in 1778?
4. When was Jefferson a governor?
(a) From 1778 to 1780.
(b) From 1777 to 1778.
(c) From 1780 to 1782.
(d) From 1779 to 1781.
5. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
(a) Financing the war and regulating trade.
(b) Public opinion and regulating trade.
(c) Financing the war, public opinion, and regulating trade.
(d) Financing the war and public opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides letters, what else did Adams and Jefferson write?
2. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
3. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
4. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
5. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)