|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
(a) January, 1775.
(b) February, 1774.
(c) February, 1775.
(d) January, 1774.
2. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
(a) They both went to the same schools.
(b) They both taught at the same schools.
(c) They were both trained in the law.
(d) They were both trained by the same person.
3. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
(a) Chief advisor.
(b) Secretary of Treasury.
(c) Speaker of the house.
(d) Secretary of state.
4. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
(a) After the War of 1812.
(b) Before the War of 1812.
(c) During the War of 1812.
(d) Both during and after the War of 1812.
5. Where did Adams travel as a Diplomat in 1778?
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
2. When did Adams and Jefferson begin reading voraciously?
3. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
4. Where was Jefferson the governor?
5. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)