|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not included in Jefferson's description in the Introduction?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
(a) His oratorical ability and sound head.
(b) His oratorical and writing ability, and sound head.
(c) His writing ability and sound head.
(d) His oratorical and writing ability.
3. When did the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson resume?
4. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
(a) The letters after 1801.
(b) The letters both before and after 1801.
(c) The letters before 1801.
(d) The letters during 1801.
5. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
(a) Financing the war, public opinion, and regulating trade.
(b) Financing the war and regulating trade.
(c) Financing the war and public opinion.
(d) Public opinion and regulating trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country was Adams a diplomat in the 1780s?
2. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
3. When did Adams and Jefferson work well together at the Continental Congress?
4. How was Adams described in the Introduction?
5. Where was Jefferson the governor?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)