|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
(a) The authority to resist British oppression.
(b) The economic status.
(c) The trade agreements.
(d) The decision to have elections.
2. What year was it when Jefferson attempted to renew his correspondence with Abigail?
3. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
4. In the order of the U.S. Presidents, when did John Adams and Thomas Jefferson hold the office respectively?
(a) They were the second and third Presidents.
(b) They were the second and eighth Presidents.
(c) They were the fourth and eighth Presidents.
(d) They were the third and fourth Presidents.
5. When did Adams and Jefferson work well together at the Continental Congress?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
2. How was Adams described in the Introduction?
3. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
4. How many years after the Declaration of Independence did Adams and Jefferson pass away?
5. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)