|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Jefferson the governor?
2. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
3. When was Jefferson a governor?
(a) From 1778 to 1780.
(b) From 1777 to 1778.
(c) From 1780 to 1782.
(d) From 1779 to 1781.
4. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
(a) The American Ambassadors.
(b) The American Representatives.
(c) The American Commission.
(d) The American Delegation.
5. In what country was Adams a diplomat in the 1780s?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
2. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
3. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
4. How was Adams described in the Introduction?
5. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)