|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
2. How was Adams described in the Introduction?
(a) Short, slender, and jovial.
(b) Short, round, and reserved.
(c) Short, round, and jovial.
(d) Short, slender, and reserved.
3. Where did Adams travel as a Diplomat in 1778?
4. Besides letters, what else did Adams and Jefferson write?
(c) Books, poems, and other documents.
(d) Other documents.
5. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
(a) The decision to have elections.
(b) The trade agreements.
(c) The economic status.
(d) The authority to resist British oppression.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
2. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
3. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
4. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
5. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)