|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
(a) Cases from history, other people's opinions, and literature.
(b) Literature and other people's opinions.
(c) Cases from history and literature.
(d) Cases from history and other people's opinions.
2. Where did Adams travel as a Diplomat in 1778?
3. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
(a) They both taught at the same schools.
(b) They were both trained in the law.
(c) They both went to the same schools.
(d) They were both trained by the same person.
4. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
(a) 1775 and 1880.
(b) 1774 and 1879.
(c) 1777 and 1881.
(d) 1778 and 1882.
5. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
2. In what country was Adams a diplomat in the 1780s?
3. Where did Adams observe Jefferson's presidency?
4. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
5. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)