|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
(a) They thought the moderates were trying to stop the war.
(b) They thought the moderates did not love liberty enough.
(c) They thought the moderates were dangerous to the country.
(d) They thought the moderates were wrong about every issue.
2. When did Adams and Jefferson work well together at the Continental Congress?
3. In what country was Adams a diplomat in the 1780s?
4. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
(a) By an Original Member of the House of Burgesses.
(b) By a Native and Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(c) By a Native and Member of the House of Burgesses.
(d) By a Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
5. Where did Adams observe Jefferson's presidency?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
2. What year was it when Jefferson attempted to renew his correspondence with Abigail?
3. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
4. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
5. Besides letters, what else did Adams and Jefferson write?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)