|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
(a) The letters after 1801.
(b) The letters during 1801.
(c) The letters before 1801.
(d) The letters both before and after 1801.
2. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
(a) By an Original Member of the House of Burgesses.
(b) By a Native and Member of the House of Burgesses.
(c) By a Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(d) By a Native and Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
3. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
(a) His writing ability and sound head.
(b) His oratorical and writing ability, and sound head.
(c) His oratorical ability and sound head.
(d) His oratorical and writing ability.
4. In what country was Adams a diplomat in the 1780s?
5. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
(a) Financing the war and regulating trade.
(b) Financing the war, public opinion, and regulating trade.
(c) Financing the war and public opinion.
(d) Public opinion and regulating trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson resume?
2. When did Adams and Jefferson begin reading voraciously?
3. What year was it when Jefferson attempted to renew his correspondence with Abigail?
4. Which of the following was not included in Jefferson's description in the Introduction?
5. Where was Jefferson the governor?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)