|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
(a) 1775 and 1880.
(b) 1774 and 1879.
(c) 1778 and 1882.
(d) 1777 and 1881.
2. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
(a) February, 1775.
(b) January, 1774.
(c) February, 1774.
(d) January, 1775.
3. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
(a) Many years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) A few years.
4. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
5. What year was it when Jefferson attempted to renew his correspondence with Abigail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jefferson the governor?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
3. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
4. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
5. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)