|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
(a) Chief advisor.
(b) Secretary of state.
(c) Speaker of the house.
(d) Secretary of Treasury.
2. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
(a) By a Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(b) By a Native and Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(c) By an Original Member of the House of Burgesses.
(d) By a Native and Member of the House of Burgesses.
3. Where was Jefferson the governor?
4. How was Adams described in the Introduction?
(a) Short, slender, and jovial.
(b) Short, slender, and reserved.
(c) Short, round, and reserved.
(d) Short, round, and jovial.
5. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Adams observe Jefferson's presidency?
2. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
3. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
4. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
5. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)