|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stopped the correspondence, at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Neither Abigail nor Jefferson.
(b) It was mutual.
2. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
(a) The American Representatives.
(b) The American Ambassadors.
(c) The American Delegation.
(d) The American Commission.
3. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
(a) The economic status.
(b) The authority to resist British oppression.
(c) The trade agreements.
(d) The decision to have elections.
4. What was Dr. Rush's view of the estrangement of Adams and Jefferson?
(a) He thought it was necessary for the two to become better friends.
(b) He thought it was a tragedy.
(c) He thought it was most likely irreconcilable.
(d) He thought it was necessary for the two to understand each other better.
5. What did Dr. Rush do in an attempt to convince Adams and Jefferson to begin corresponding again?
(a) He wrote letters to the other friends of Adams and Jefferson.
(b) He wrote letters only to Jefferson.
(c) He wrote letters only to Adams.
(d) He wrote letters to both Adams and Jefferson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of effect did Adams think Shay's Rebellion would have on government?
2. When did Jefferson's wife pass away?
3. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
4. How did Jefferson meet Mrs. Maria Cosway?
5. When did Jefferson join Adams and Benjamin Franklin in France?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)