|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which documents did Adams and Jefferson want to preserve?
(a) The documents about their correspondence.
(b) The documents about the elections.
(c) The documents about the revolution.
(d) The documents about the Congress.
2. What was Jefferson's opinion of Adams' philosophy of government, in Chapter 8?
(a) That he was too complicated.
(b) That he was too vague.
(c) That he was too elitist.
(d) That he was not an elitist.
3. When was the Consular Convention with France that Jefferson discussed in a letter to Adams?
4. Based on Adams' explanation, when did aristocracies exist?
(a) In the present.
(b) In all times.
(c) In specific times of the past.
(d) In the past.
5. How did Jefferson consider Adams' midnight appointments?
(a) He appreciated them.
(b) He understood them.
(c) He was unaware of them.
(d) He was furious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
2. In what country was Adams a diplomat in the 1780s?
3. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
4. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
5. How many pieces of "Homespun" did Adams send in a letter to Jefferson?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)