|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
(a) They were unaware of the piracy.
(b) They hired the pirates and dictated their activity.
(c) They thought they would benefit from the destruction of trade between other nations.
(d) They were afraid of the pirates.
2. Why were few letters written between Adams and Jefferson early in their association?
(a) They preferred conversations.
(b) They spoke with each other frequently.
(c) They did not have much to say.
(d) They did not know each other's addresses.
3. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
4. Who stopped the correspondence, at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) It was mutual.
(b) Neither Abigail nor Jefferson.
5. What did Adams discover that tested his friendship with Jefferson, after their correspondence had resumed?
(a) Criticisms that Jefferson had made months earlier.
(b) Criticisms that Jefferson had made years earlier.
(c) Criticisms that Jefferson had supported years earlier.
(d) Criticisms that Jefferson had suppoorted months earlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on Adams' explanation, when did aristocracies exist?
2. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
3. Leading to his support of the Bill of Rights, what was Adams' initial concern during the Federal Convention?
4. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
5. Which year did Adams and Jefferson battle each other for the presidency?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)