|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite the Wars, what did Adams and Jefferson think about the century?
(a) That it understood human nature well.
(b) That it treated human nature better than previous centuries.
(c) That it treated human nature well.
(d) That it understood human nature better than previous centuries.
2. Which queen protected American vessels from the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
3. How long after Adams established a friendly relationship with the Dutch would it help the U.S. alleviate debt?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Four years.
4. What year was the "revolution" that the differences in the rival parties were leading to, in Chapter 8?
5. When did Vergennes pass away?
(a) February, 1788.
(b) February, 1787.
(c) April, 1788.
(d) April, 1787.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Adams give up in order to focus on the classics?
2. How long was Adams the Commissioner to France?
3. How did Jefferson meet Mrs. Maria Cosway?
4. What did Adams and Jefferson blame Napoleon for?
5. As mentioned in Chapter 11, why did Adams and Jefferson want the American people to understand the Revolution?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)