|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Jefferson mention Cosway in his letters to Abigail Adams?
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
2. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
(a) The transfer was approved, but the loan was rejected.
(b) Neither the loan nor the transfer were approved.
(c) Both the loan and the transfer were approved.
(d) The loan was approved, but the transfer was rejected.
3. What type of a letter did Adams write after meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
4. What alarmed Adams and Jefferson about the looting by the Barbary States?
(a) The lack of solutions to stop it.
(b) The Europeans' encouragement of it.
(c) The lack of awareness of it.
(d) The Europeans' tolerance of it.
5. As Adams recognized, where did aristocracies exist?
(a) Most places.
(b) Not very many places.
(c) All places.
(d) Only certain places.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Adams respond to Jefferson's suggestion to Congress about solving the situation with the Barbary pirates?
2. How long were Adams and Jefferson apart before they met on August 7th of 1784?
3. Based on Adams' explanation, when did aristocracies exist?
4. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
5. Which of the following was not included in Jefferson's description in the Introduction?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)