|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
(a) They resented Britain's navigation acts.
(b) They resented Britain's policies with the U.S.
(c) They resented Britain's politics.
(d) They resented Britain's economic acts.
2. Where did Adams travel as a Diplomat in 1778?
3. What was Jefferson's response to Abigail's correspondence, in Chapter 8?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He was surprised.
(c) He was not surprised.
(d) He was happy.
4. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
(a) They were both trained in the law.
(b) They both taught at the same schools.
(c) They were both trained by the same person.
(d) They both went to the same schools.
5. What was the profession of Maria Cosway's husband?
(a) Business owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Adams and Jefferson begin reading voraciously?
2. Which year were the letters in Chapter 8 written?
3. How many letters were exchanged between Adams and Jefferson between 1796 and 1801?
4. In 1784, how much experience did Adams have in diplomacy?
5. How much was the Dutch loan that Adams secured?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)