|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
(a) February, 1775.
(b) February, 1774.
(c) January, 1774.
(d) January, 1775.
2. How many pieces of "Homespun" did Adams send in a letter to Jefferson?
3. As mentioned in Chapter 11, why did Adams and Jefferson want the American people to understand the Revolution?
(a) To improve the representative form of government.
(b) To remember the sacrifices made.
(c) To understand the price of freedom.
(d) To appreciate representative government.
4. What was taking place because of the influence of Adams, Jefferson, and the American Revolution?
(a) Representative government was spreading in countries outside of Europe.
(b) Representative government was spreading in Europe.
(c) Representative government was spreading in Europe and other countries.
(d) Representative government was the only style used in Europe.
5. How many differences were resolved between the Adamses and Jefferson, by the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Some, but not all.
(b) Only one.
(c) All of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was one of the reasons why Adams wrote the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
2. As mentioned in a letter, which office did John Quincy Adams have before being removed by Jefferson?
3. As Adams recognized, where did aristocracies exist?
4. What did Jefferson do to upset the Adamses?
5. Which of the following was not included in Jefferson's description in the Introduction?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)