|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many missions were made to Algiers to deal with the Barbary pirates?
2. Who stopped the correspondence, at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) It was mutual.
(d) Neither Abigail nor Jefferson.
3. What was the name of Jefferson's daughter that was sent to England to study with Abigail?
4. What year was the "revolution" that the differences in the rival parties were leading to, in Chapter 8?
5. How did Jefferson consider Adams' midnight appointments?
(a) He was furious.
(b) He appreciated them.
(c) He understood them.
(d) He was unaware of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
2. As Adams recognized, where did aristocracies exist?
3. Which of the following was one of the reasons why Adams wrote the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
4. What month did Jefferson's daughter pass away?
5. How did France respond to the complications and complaints of the whale-oil fishery?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)