|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jefferson live after retiring from the secretary of state position?
2. What happened to the letter that Jefferson wrote to congratulate Adams when the election was over, before the results were known?
(a) It was lost in the mail.
(b) It was read by Adams quickly.
(c) It was never mailed.
(d) It was intercepted by Madison.
3. During the time that Jefferson served as secretary of state, how many letters did he write to Adams about foreign policy?
4. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
(a) They resented Britain's politics.
(b) They resented Britain's navigation acts.
(c) They resented Britain's economic acts.
(d) They resented Britain's policies with the U.S.
5. How was France's old regime described in 1787?
(a) Near collapse.
(c) Halfway collapsed.
(d) Just starting to collapse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
2. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
3. How many years after the Declaration of Independence did Adams and Jefferson pass away?
4. What did Jefferson think the electorate had the ability to select?
5. What did Adams and Jefferson blame Napoleon for?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)