|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war was ongoing as Adams and Jefferson began to write to each other again?
(a) The War of 1812.
(b) The First Seminole War.
(c) The Second Barbary War.
(d) The First Barbary War.
2. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
(a) Cases from history, other people's opinions, and literature.
(b) Literature and other people's opinions.
(c) Cases from history and other people's opinions.
(d) Cases from history and literature.
3. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
(a) They were both trained in the law.
(b) They both went to the same schools.
(c) They both taught at the same schools.
(d) They were both trained by the same person.
4. What was Dr. Rush's view of the estrangement of Adams and Jefferson?
(a) He thought it was a tragedy.
(b) He thought it was most likely irreconcilable.
(c) He thought it was necessary for the two to become better friends.
(d) He thought it was necessary for the two to understand each other better.
5. When did Jefferson return to the United States?
(a) Fall of 1789.
(b) Fall of 1789.
(c) Summer of 1789.
(d) Winter of 1789.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many abdications did Napoleon have?
2. As mentioned in a letter, which office did John Quincy Adams have before being removed by Jefferson?
3. Which type of effect did Adams think Shay's Rebellion would have on government?
4. What caused Adams to be angry with Jefferson before they reconciled?
5. How did Jefferson meet Mrs. Maria Cosway?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)