|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
(a) Jefferson was too far away.
(b) Peace was near.
(c) The War was ongoing.
(d) The job could not be funded.
2. Why did Jefferson think that Adams had requested to leave his position as diplomat and return to the U.S.?
(a) Because he did not like the behavior of the English.
(b) Because he did not like the economy in England.
(c) Because he did not think there was a point in working with the English.
(d) Because he did not want to be a diplomat anymore.
3. When did the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson resume?
4. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
(a) Eighteen years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Fourteen years.
(d) Sixteen years.
5. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in a letter, which office did John Quincy Adams have before being removed by Jefferson?
2. When did Jefferson return to the United States?
3. What was Jefferson's opinion of Adams' philosophy of government, in Chapter 8?
4. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
5. Why were few letters written between Adams and Jefferson early in their association?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)