|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
(a) Secretary of state.
(b) Secretary of Treasury.
(c) Speaker of the house.
(d) Chief advisor.
2. When did Adams and Jefferson work well together at the Continental Congress?
3. Which year was the last letter in Chapter 11 written?
4. What was Jefferson's opinion of Adams' philosophy of government, in Chapter 8?
(a) That he was too complicated.
(b) That he was too vague.
(c) That he was not an elitist.
(d) That he was too elitist.
5. What was the name of Jefferson's daughter that was sent to England to study with Abigail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
2. How was Jefferson received in the England court as he tried to secure a commercial treaty?
3. Which month was the last letter in Chapter 10 written?
4. How did France respond to the complications and complaints of the whale-oil fishery?
5. Leading to his support of the Bill of Rights, what was Adams' initial concern during the Federal Convention?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)