|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which year did Adams and Jefferson battle each other for the presidency?
2. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
(a) The letters during 1801.
(b) The letters before 1801.
(c) The letters both before and after 1801.
(d) The letters after 1801.
3. What did Jefferson do to upset the Adamses?
(a) He transferred Callendar to a better prison.
(b) He released Callendar from prison.
(c) He gave Callendar a loan.
(d) He gave Callendar a job.
4. What assumption was the starting point of Adams' work about political theory?
(a) Laws were irreversible.
(b) Politicians were not self-interested.
(c) Laws were not irreversible.
(d) Politicians were self-interested.
5. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
(a) By a Native and Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(b) By an Original Member of the House of Burgesses.
(c) By a Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(d) By a Native and Member of the House of Burgesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Adams and Jefferson begin reading voraciously?
2. When did Adams move to London?
3. What things did Jefferson think governed Algiers?
4. Which of the following did Adams give up in order to focus on the classics?
5. Which year were the letters in Chapter 8 written?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)