|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war was ongoing as Adams and Jefferson began to write to each other again?
(a) The First Barbary War.
(b) The War of 1812.
(c) The Second Barbary War.
(d) The First Seminole War.
2. What was Jefferson's response to Abigail's correspondence, in Chapter 8?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He was not surprised.
(c) He was surprised.
(d) He was happy.
3. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
(a) They thought the moderates did not love liberty enough.
(b) They thought the moderates were trying to stop the war.
(c) They thought the moderates were wrong about every issue.
(d) They thought the moderates were dangerous to the country.
4. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
(a) A detailed list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(b) A list of three commodities that could be exchanged.
(c) A vague list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(d) A list of two commodities that could be exchanged.
5. How did Adams consider the U.S. Constitution?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
2. In what country was Adams a diplomat in the 1780s?
3. What aspects of history did Adams and Jefferson emphasize in their letters?
4. When did Jefferson join Adams and Benjamin Franklin in France?
5. When was Adams released from his position as diplomat?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)