|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
(a) New York.
2. How did Adams and Jefferson think the conditions were in the eighteenth century?
(a) Changed drastically.
(b) Improved in some ways.
(c) Improved for all.
(d) Changed slightly.
3. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
(a) January, 1775.
(b) January, 1774.
(c) February, 1775.
(d) February, 1774.
4. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
(a) June 4th.
(b) July 4th.
(c) July 7th.
(d) June 7th.
5. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Increasing trade with Europe.
(b) Ignoring European politics.
(c) Getting too involved with European politics.
(d) Reducing trade with Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jefferson step down as secretary of state?
2. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
3. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
4. In Chapter 10, how was Jefferson's outlook on the future dealings with aristocracy?
5. What happened to the letter that Jefferson wrote to congratulate Adams when the election was over, before the results were known?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)