|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adams and Jefferson think their age would help?
(b) Protecting Independence.
(d) Preventing future wars.
2. Leading to his support of the Bill of Rights, what was Adams' initial concern during the Federal Convention?
(a) That the people would not have their say.
(b) That the people would not be represented.
(c) That the senate would have too much power.
(d) That the senate would be ineffective.
3. Which future system(s) did Jefferson have high hopes for?
(a) Public education, but not science.
(b) Public education and science.
(c) Neither public education nor science.
(d) Science, but not public education.
4. Overall, how did Adams and Jefferson view the world?
(a) As generating only pleasure.
(b) As generating more pleasure than pain.
(c) As generating equal amounts of pleasure and pain.
(d) As generating pleasure in order to replace pain.
5. Based on Adams' explanation, when did aristocracies exist?
(a) In specific times of the past.
(b) In the past.
(c) In the present.
(d) In all times.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how was Adams' outlook on the future dealings with aristocracy?
2. How many abdications did Napoleon have?
3. At what time did Adams and Abigail return to Boston?
4. Where did Adams go to help secure formal recognition of American independence?
5. How many missions were made to Algiers to deal with the Barbary pirates?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)