|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Getting too involved with European politics.
(b) Reducing trade with Europe.
(c) Increasing trade with Europe.
(d) Ignoring European politics.
2. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
(a) Financing the war and public opinion.
(b) Public opinion and regulating trade.
(c) Financing the war, public opinion, and regulating trade.
(d) Financing the war and regulating trade.
3. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
(a) They were afraid of the pirates.
(b) They were unaware of the piracy.
(c) They hired the pirates and dictated their activity.
(d) They thought they would benefit from the destruction of trade between other nations.
4. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
(a) Many years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) A few years.
5. When did Vergennes pass away?
(a) April, 1787.
(b) April, 1788.
(c) February, 1787.
(d) February, 1788.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Jefferson's daughter that was sent to England to study with Abigail?
2. In what country was Adams a diplomat in the 1780s?
3. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
4. Which future system(s) did Jefferson have high hopes for?
5. Which year was the last letter in Chapter 11 written?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)