|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Adams recognized, where did aristocracies exist?
(a) Not very many places.
(b) All places.
(c) Only certain places.
(d) Most places.
2. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
(a) The transfer was approved, but the loan was rejected.
(b) Both the loan and the transfer were approved.
(c) Neither the loan nor the transfer were approved.
(d) The loan was approved, but the transfer was rejected.
3. Why did the friendship between Adams and Jefferson begin to strain severely?
(a) They were writing too many letters.
(b) They were in disagreement over the country's overall direction.
(c) They were not writing enough letters.
(d) They were members of different parties.
4. When did Jefferson return to the United States?
(a) Winter of 1789.
(b) Fall of 1789.
(c) Summer of 1789.
(d) Fall of 1789.
5. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time did Adams and Abigail return to Boston?
2. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
3. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
4. What did Jefferson think the electorate had the ability to select?
5. When was the last letter in Chapter 4 written?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)