|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
(a) The job could not be funded.
(b) Peace was near.
(c) The War was ongoing.
(d) Jefferson was too far away.
2. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
(a) His oratorical ability.
(b) His writing ability and temperament.
(c) His oratorical ability and temperament.
(d) His writing ability.
3. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
(a) First Secretary.
(b) Minister resident.
(c) Minister plenipotentiary.
(d) Second Secretary.
4. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
(a) The American Commission.
(b) The American Ambassadors.
(c) The American Representatives.
(d) The American Delegation.
5. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Adams the Commissioner to France?
2. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
3. In the order of the U.S. Presidents, when did John Adams and Thomas Jefferson hold the office respectively?
4. In 1784, how much experience did Adams have in diplomacy?
5. When did Adams and Jefferson begin reading voraciously?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)