|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
(a) Its supplies were limited.
(b) Its markets expanded too quickly.
(c) Its markets shrank.
(d) Its supplies were unavailable.
2. What alarmed Adams and Jefferson about the looting by the Barbary States?
(a) The lack of solutions to stop it.
(b) The Europeans' encouragement of it.
(c) The lack of awareness of it.
(d) The Europeans' tolerance of it.
3. What year was it when Jefferson attempted to renew his correspondence with Abigail?
4. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
(a) Both during and after the War of 1812.
(b) During the War of 1812.
(c) Before the War of 1812.
(d) After the War of 1812.
5. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
(a) Whale oil and candles.
(b) Candles and fishing supplies.
(c) Whale oil, fishing supplies, and candles.
(d) Whale oil and fishing supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Adams return to France in 1780?
2. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
3. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
4. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
5. Where did Adams negotiate with the Portuguese?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)