|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Adams observe Jefferson's presidency?
(a) New York.
2. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
(a) The American Representatives.
(b) The American Delegation.
(c) The American Commission.
(d) The American Ambassadors.
3. How long were Adams and Jefferson apart before they met on August 7th of 1784?
(a) Four and a half years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Five and a half years.
(d) Four years.
4. Which of the following was not included in Jefferson's description in the Introduction?
5. When did Adams and Jefferson begin reading voraciously?
(a) After their presidencies.
(b) At a young age.
(c) During college.
(d) During their presidencies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
2. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
3. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
4. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
5. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)