|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Adams go to help secure formal recognition of American independence?
2. Which of the following was not included in Jefferson's description in the Introduction?
3. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
(a) They resented Britain's navigation acts.
(b) They resented Britain's economic acts.
(c) They resented Britain's policies with the U.S.
(d) They resented Britain's politics.
4. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
5. In what country was Adams a diplomat in the 1780s?
Short Answer Questions
1. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
2. What alarmed Adams and Jefferson about the looting by the Barbary States?
3. How old was Adams when he met Jefferson?
4. Where did Adams travel as a Diplomat in 1778?
5. How was Adams described in the Introduction?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)