|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
(a) Secretary of state.
(b) Secretary of Treasury.
(c) Speaker of the house.
(d) Chief advisor.
2. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
(a) June 7th.
(b) July 4th.
(c) July 7th.
(d) June 4th.
3. What alarmed Adams and Jefferson about the looting by the Barbary States?
(a) The lack of solutions to stop it.
(b) The Europeans' tolerance of it.
(c) The lack of awareness of it.
(d) The Europeans' encouragement of it.
4. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
5. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
(a) Whale oil and candles.
(b) Candles and fishing supplies.
(c) Whale oil, fishing supplies, and candles.
(d) Whale oil and fishing supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
2. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
3. What year was it when Jefferson attempted to renew his correspondence with Abigail?
4. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
5. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)