|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
(a) The American Delegation.
(b) The American Ambassadors.
(c) The American Commission.
(d) The American Representatives.
2. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
(a) They thought the moderates did not love liberty enough.
(b) They thought the moderates were dangerous to the country.
(c) They thought the moderates were wrong about every issue.
(d) They thought the moderates were trying to stop the war.
3. How long after Adams established a friendly relationship with the Dutch would it help the U.S. alleviate debt?
(a) Six years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Eight years.
4. Besides letters, what else did Adams and Jefferson write?
(c) Other documents.
(d) Books, poems, and other documents.
5. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
(a) Two years.
(b) Many years.
(c) A few years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jefferson's wife pass away?
2. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
3. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
4. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
5. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)