|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
(a) His writing ability.
(b) His oratorical ability and temperament.
(c) His oratorical ability.
(d) His writing ability and temperament.
2. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
(a) The American Representatives.
(b) The American Commission.
(c) The American Delegation.
(d) The American Ambassadors.
3. How old was Adams when he met Jefferson?
(a) Thirty two.
(b) Thirty four.
(c) Thirty nine.
(d) Thirty seven.
4. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
(c) New York.
5. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
(a) His oratorical and writing ability, and sound head.
(b) His writing ability and sound head.
(c) His oratorical ability and sound head.
(d) His oratorical and writing ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
2. How long after Adams established a friendly relationship with the Dutch would it help the U.S. alleviate debt?
3. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
4. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
5. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)