|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
(a) Candles and fishing supplies.
(b) Whale oil and fishing supplies.
(c) Whale oil and candles.
(d) Whale oil, fishing supplies, and candles.
2. When did Jefferson's wife pass away?
3. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
(a) Jefferson was too far away.
(b) Peace was near.
(c) The job could not be funded.
(d) The War was ongoing.
4. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
(a) Financing the war and regulating trade.
(b) Financing the war, public opinion, and regulating trade.
(c) Public opinion and regulating trade.
(d) Financing the war and public opinion.
5. Where was Jefferson the governor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
2. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
3. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
4. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
5. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)