|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
(a) The decision to have elections.
(b) The authority to resist British oppression.
(c) The economic status.
(d) The trade agreements.
2. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
3. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
4. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
(a) His oratorical ability.
(b) His oratorical ability and temperament.
(c) His writing ability.
(d) His writing ability and temperament.
5. In the order of the U.S. Presidents, when did John Adams and Thomas Jefferson hold the office respectively?
(a) They were the second and third Presidents.
(b) They were the fourth and eighth Presidents.
(c) They were the second and eighth Presidents.
(d) They were the third and fourth Presidents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Adams return to France in 1780?
2. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
3. When did Jefferson join Adams and Benjamin Franklin in France?
4. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
5. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)