|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alarmed Adams and Jefferson about the looting by the Barbary States?
(a) The Europeans' encouragement of it.
(b) The lack of awareness of it.
(c) The lack of solutions to stop it.
(d) The Europeans' tolerance of it.
2. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
(a) Financing the war and regulating trade.
(b) Financing the war and public opinion.
(c) Financing the war, public opinion, and regulating trade.
(d) Public opinion and regulating trade.
3. When did Jefferson join Adams and Benjamin Franklin in France?
4. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
(a) Chief advisor.
(b) Secretary of state.
(c) Speaker of the house.
(d) Secretary of Treasury.
5. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
(a) First Secretary.
(b) Second Secretary.
(c) Minister plenipotentiary.
(d) Minister resident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Adams negotiate with the Portuguese?
2. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
3. How old was Adams when he met Jefferson?
4. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
5. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)