|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
2. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
(a) His writing ability and temperament.
(b) His oratorical ability and temperament.
(c) His oratorical ability.
(d) His writing ability.
3. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
(a) Its supplies were unavailable.
(b) Its markets shrank.
(c) Its markets expanded too quickly.
(d) Its supplies were limited.
4. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
(a) The letters after 1801.
(b) The letters both before and after 1801.
(c) The letters during 1801.
(d) The letters before 1801.
5. Where did Adams observe Jefferson's presidency?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
2. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
3. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
4. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
5. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)