|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years after the Declaration of Independence did Adams and Jefferson pass away?
(a) Twenty five.
2. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
3. When did Adams and Jefferson begin reading voraciously?
(a) During their presidencies.
(b) During college.
(c) After their presidencies.
(d) At a young age.
4. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
(a) 1777 and 1881.
(b) 1778 and 1882.
(c) 1775 and 1880.
(d) 1774 and 1879.
5. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
(a) Before the War of 1812.
(b) After the War of 1812.
(c) Both during and after the War of 1812.
(d) During the War of 1812.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
2. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
3. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
4. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
5. How long after Adams established a friendly relationship with the Dutch would it help the U.S. alleviate debt?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)