|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
(a) Cases from history and other people's opinions.
(b) Literature and other people's opinions.
(c) Cases from history and literature.
(d) Cases from history, other people's opinions, and literature.
2. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
(a) The letters before 1801.
(b) The letters both before and after 1801.
(c) The letters during 1801.
(d) The letters after 1801.
3. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
(a) Minister plenipotentiary.
(b) Minister resident.
(c) Second Secretary.
(d) First Secretary.
4. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
(a) The War was ongoing.
(b) Peace was near.
(c) Jefferson was too far away.
(d) The job could not be funded.
5. In 1784, how much experience did Adams have in diplomacy?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Five months.
(d) Seven months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after the Declaration of Independence did Adams and Jefferson pass away?
2. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
3. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
4. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
5. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)