|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1784, how much experience did Adams have in diplomacy?
(a) Five months.
(b) Five years.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Seven years.
2. Where did Adams observe Jefferson's presidency?
(a) New York.
3. When was Jefferson a governor?
(a) From 1778 to 1780.
(b) From 1779 to 1781.
(c) From 1777 to 1778.
(d) From 1780 to 1782.
4. When did Jefferson join Adams and Benjamin Franklin in France?
5. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
(a) They thought the moderates were dangerous to the country.
(b) They thought the moderates were wrong about every issue.
(c) They thought the moderates were trying to stop the war.
(d) They thought the moderates did not love liberty enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
2. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
3. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
4. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
5. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)