|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
(a) June 4.
(b) July 10.
(c) June 10.
(d) July 4.
2. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
(a) A list of two commodities that could be exchanged.
(b) A list of three commodities that could be exchanged.
(c) A detailed list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(d) A vague list of commodities that could be exchanged.
3. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
(a) February, 1774.
(b) January, 1774.
(c) February, 1775.
(d) January, 1775.
4. Which of the following was not included in Jefferson's description in the Introduction?
5. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
(a) His oratorical and writing ability.
(b) His oratorical and writing ability, and sound head.
(c) His oratorical ability and sound head.
(d) His writing ability and sound head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
2. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
3. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
4. When did Jefferson join Adams and Benjamin Franklin in France?
5. How long after Adams established a friendly relationship with the Dutch would it help the U.S. alleviate debt?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)