|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Adams established a friendly relationship with the Dutch would it help the U.S. alleviate debt?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Six years.
2. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
(a) The American Ambassadors.
(b) The American Delegation.
(c) The American Representatives.
(d) The American Commission.
3. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Reducing trade with Europe.
(b) Increasing trade with Europe.
(c) Getting too involved with European politics.
(d) Ignoring European politics.
4. In what country was Adams a diplomat in the 1780s?
5. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Adams and Jefferson begin reading voraciously?
2. Which of the following was not included in Jefferson's description in the Introduction?
3. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
4. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
5. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)