|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Jefferson a governor?
(a) From 1780 to 1782.
(b) From 1778 to 1780.
(c) From 1779 to 1781.
(d) From 1777 to 1778.
2. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
(a) January, 1775.
(b) February, 1774.
(c) January, 1774.
(d) February, 1775.
3. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
4. Where did Adams go to help secure formal recognition of American independence?
5. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
(a) By an Original Member of the House of Burgesses.
(b) By a Native and Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(c) By a Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(d) By a Native and Member of the House of Burgesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
2. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
3. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
4. Why did Adams return to France in 1780?
5. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)