|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Adams when he met Jefferson?
(a) Thirty two.
(b) Thirty four.
(c) Thirty seven.
(d) Thirty nine.
2. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
(a) By a Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(b) By a Native and Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(c) By a Native and Member of the House of Burgesses.
(d) By an Original Member of the House of Burgesses.
3. Where did Adams go to help secure formal recognition of American independence?
4. How long were Adams and Jefferson apart before they met on August 7th of 1784?
(a) Five and a half years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Four and a half years.
5. What year was it when Jefferson attempted to renew his correspondence with Abigail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
2. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
3. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
4. When did Adams and Jefferson work well together at the Continental Congress?
5. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)