|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
(a) The American Delegation.
(b) The American Representatives.
(c) The American Commission.
(d) The American Ambassadors.
2. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
(a) A vague list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(b) A list of three commodities that could be exchanged.
(c) A detailed list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(d) A list of two commodities that could be exchanged.
3. In what country was Adams a diplomat in the 1780s?
4. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
(a) They were both trained in the law.
(b) They both taught at the same schools.
(c) They both went to the same schools.
(d) They were both trained by the same person.
5. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
2. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
3. Why did Adams return to France in 1780?
4. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
5. How long after Adams established a friendly relationship with the Dutch would it help the U.S. alleviate debt?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)