|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
(a) Chief advisor.
(b) Secretary of state.
(c) Secretary of Treasury.
(d) Speaker of the house.
2. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
(a) It would not begin trading with other countries.
(b) It would not honor the agreements with the United States.
(c) It would honor the agreements with the United States.
(d) It would begin trading with other countries.
3. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
(a) They thought the moderates were dangerous to the country.
(b) They thought the moderates did not love liberty enough.
(c) They thought the moderates were trying to stop the war.
(d) They thought the moderates were wrong about every issue.
4. When did Jefferson join Adams and Benjamin Franklin in France?
5. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
2. Besides letters, what else did Adams and Jefferson write?
3. What alarmed Adams and Jefferson about the looting by the Barbary States?
4. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
5. Why did Adams return to France in 1780?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)