|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
2. What assumption was the starting point of Adams' work about political theory?
(a) Politicians were not self-interested.
(b) Politicians were self-interested.
(c) Laws were not irreversible.
(d) Laws were irreversible.
3. What type of a letter did Adams write after meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
4. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
5. What happened to the interest payments on the debt that America had acquired during the war to France?
(a) They were suspended.
(b) They were increased.
(c) They were eliminated.
(d) They were reduced.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the time that Jefferson served as secretary of state, how many letters did he write to Adams about foreign policy?
2. How old was Adams when he met Jefferson?
3. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
4. How was Jefferson received in the England court as he tried to secure a commercial treaty?
5. How did France respond to the complications and complaints of the whale-oil fishery?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)