|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the letter that Jefferson wrote to congratulate Adams when the election was over, before the results were known?
(a) It was intercepted by Madison.
(b) It was lost in the mail.
(c) It was read by Adams quickly.
(d) It was never mailed.
2. What happened to the interest payments on the debt that America had acquired during the war to France?
(a) They were increased.
(b) They were suspended.
(c) They were eliminated.
(d) They were reduced.
3. Leading to his support of the Bill of Rights, what was Adams' initial concern during the Federal Convention?
(a) That the people would not have their say.
(b) That the people would not be represented.
(c) That the senate would have too much power.
(d) That the senate would be ineffective.
4. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
(a) They thought the moderates did not love liberty enough.
(b) They thought the moderates were wrong about every issue.
(c) They thought the moderates were dangerous to the country.
(d) They thought the moderates were trying to stop the war.
5. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
(a) A major concern.
(b) A minor concern.
(c) The only concern.
(d) No concern.
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 4, when did Jefferson visit England on Adams' request?
2. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
3. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
4. Where did Adams negotiate with the Portuguese?
5. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)