|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jefferson live after retiring from the secretary of state position?
2. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
(a) It would not begin trading with other countries.
(b) It would honor the agreements with the United States.
(c) It would not honor the agreements with the United States.
(d) It would begin trading with other countries.
3. What did the British do while Jefferson was trying to secure the commercial treaty, in Chapter 4?
(a) They showed indifference, but did not delay.
(b) They delayed, but did not show indifference.
(c) They neither delayed nor showed indifference.
(d) They delayed and showed indifference.
4. Where did Adams travel as a Diplomat in 1778?
5. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
(a) They thought the moderates did not love liberty enough.
(b) They thought the moderates were trying to stop the war.
(c) They thought the moderates were dangerous to the country.
(d) They thought the moderates were wrong about every issue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 4, when did Jefferson visit England on Adams' request?
3. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
4. How did Adams respond to Jefferson's suggestion to Congress about solving the situation with the Barbary pirates?
5. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)