|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Jefferson return to France in Chapter 4 and begin writing to Adams again?
(a) The end of April.
(b) The beginning of October.
(c) The end of October.
(d) The beginning of April.
2. When did Jefferson step down as secretary of state?
3. Leading to his support of the Bill of Rights, what was Adams' initial concern during the Federal Convention?
(a) That the people would not have their say.
(b) That the senate would be ineffective.
(c) That the senate would have too much power.
(d) That the people would not be represented.
4. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
(a) Whale oil, fishing supplies, and candles.
(b) Whale oil and fishing supplies.
(c) Whale oil and candles.
(d) Candles and fishing supplies.
5. How did Adams respond to Jefferson's suggestion to Congress about solving the situation with the Barbary pirates?
(a) He did not support it.
(b) He supported it in a practical way.
(c) He only supported it slightly.
(d) He supported it entirely.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
2. Why were few letters written between Adams and Jefferson early in their association?
3. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
4. When was the last letter in Chapter 4 written?
5. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)