|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Many years.
(d) A few years.
2. When did Adams and Jefferson meet to talk about a new loan for the U.S.?
(a) Late 1788.
(b) Early 1788.
(c) Early 1789.
(d) Late 1789.
3. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
(a) His oratorical ability.
(b) His writing ability and temperament.
(c) His oratorical ability and temperament.
(d) His writing ability.
4. Which of Thomas Paine's published works divided Adams and Jefferson in opinion?
(a) Rights of Man.
(b) Agrarian Justice.
(c) The Crisis Papers.
(d) Common Sense.
5. Along with the Dutch loan that Adams secured, what was the percentage to transfer the debt from France to Holland?
(a) Five percent.
(b) One percent.
(c) Fourteen percent.
(d) Ten percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
2. Where was Jefferson the governor?
3. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
4. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
5. When did Jefferson return to the United States?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)