|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was the Dutch loan that Adams secured?
(a) One hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Four hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Two hundred thousand dollars.
2. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
3. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
(a) July 4th.
(b) July 7th.
(c) June 4th.
(d) June 7th.
4. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
(a) No concern.
(b) A major concern.
(c) The only concern.
(d) A minor concern.
5. When did Adams and Jefferson meet to talk about a new loan for the U.S.?
(a) Late 1788.
(b) Late 1789.
(c) Early 1789.
(d) Early 1788.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Consular Convention with France that Jefferson discussed in a letter to Adams?
2. What things did Jefferson think governed Algiers?
3. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
4. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
5. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)