|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of a letter did Adams write after meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
2. When did Jefferson return to the United States?
(a) Winter of 1789.
(b) Fall of 1789.
(c) Summer of 1789.
(d) Fall of 1789.
3. When did Adams and Jefferson meet to talk about a new loan for the U.S.?
(a) Early 1789.
(b) Late 1788.
(c) Late 1789.
(d) Early 1788.
4. Where did Jefferson live after retiring from the secretary of state position?
5. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Thomas Paine's published works divided Adams and Jefferson in opinion?
2. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
3. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
4. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
5. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)