|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
(a) The American Commission.
(b) The American Representatives.
(c) The American Delegation.
(d) The American Ambassadors.
2. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
(a) The only concern.
(b) A major concern.
(c) No concern.
(d) A minor concern.
3. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Increasing trade with Europe.
(b) Reducing trade with Europe.
(c) Getting too involved with European politics.
(d) Ignoring European politics.
4. Which queen protected American vessels from the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
5. Where did Adams negotiate with the Portuguese?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
2. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
3. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
4. Leading to his support of the Bill of Rights, what was Adams' initial concern during the Federal Convention?
5. What things did Jefferson think governed Algiers?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)