|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did France respond to the complications and complaints of the whale-oil fishery?
(a) They increased whaling.
(b) They increased oil trading.
(c) They banned whaling.
(d) They banned oil trading.
2. During the time that Jefferson served as secretary of state, how many letters did he write to Adams about foreign policy?
3. What did Adams do in response to Jefferson's presidential win?
(a) He appointed a number of Federalists to office before Jefferson became president.
(b) He appointed one Federalist to office before Jefferson became president.
(c) He appointed a number of Federalists to office while Jefferson was president.
(d) He appointed one Federalist to office while Jefferson was President.
4. How many missions were made to Algiers to deal with the Barbary pirates?
5. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
(a) A detailed list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(b) A vague list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(c) A list of three commodities that could be exchanged.
(d) A list of two commodities that could be exchanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which queen protected American vessels from the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
2. When was the Consular Convention with France that Jefferson discussed in a letter to Adams?
3. How was Jefferson received in the England court as he tried to secure a commercial treaty?
4. Which of Thomas Paine's published works divided Adams and Jefferson in opinion?
5. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)