|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which queen protected American vessels from the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
2. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
(a) A list of three commodities that could be exchanged.
(b) A list of two commodities that could be exchanged.
(c) A detailed list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(d) A vague list of commodities that could be exchanged.
3. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
(a) January, 1775.
(b) February, 1775.
(c) January, 1774.
(d) February, 1774.
4. Leading to his support of the Bill of Rights, what was Adams' initial concern during the Federal Convention?
(a) That the senate would have too much power.
(b) That the senate would be ineffective.
(c) That the people would not be represented.
(d) That the people would not have their say.
5. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jefferson the governor?
2. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
3. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
4. When was the Consular Convention with France that Jefferson discussed in a letter to Adams?
5. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)