|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Adams negotiate with the Portuguese?
2. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
(a) By an Original Member of the House of Burgesses.
(b) By a Native and Member of the House of Burgesses.
(c) By a Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(d) By a Native and Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
3. Which year did Adams and Jefferson battle each other for the presidency?
4. What assumption was the starting point of Adams' work about political theory?
(a) Politicians were not self-interested.
(b) Laws were irreversible.
(c) Politicians were self-interested.
(d) Laws were not irreversible.
5. When was Adams released from his position as diplomat?
(a) Fall of 1789.
(b) Fall of 1788.
(c) Spring of 1788.
(d) Spring of 1789.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
2. When was the last letter in Chapter 4 written?
3. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
4. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
5. As mentioned in Chapter 4, when did Jefferson visit England on Adams' request?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)