|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jefferson react to Adams' election to the vice-presidency?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He had no reaction.
(c) He was pleased.
(d) He was surprised.
2. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
(a) They were unaware of the piracy.
(b) They hired the pirates and dictated their activity.
(c) They were afraid of the pirates.
(d) They thought they would benefit from the destruction of trade between other nations.
3. Which year did Adams and Jefferson battle each other for the presidency?
4. Where did Adams travel as a Diplomat in 1778?
5. Where was Jefferson the governor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
2. Where did Jefferson live after retiring from the secretary of state position?
3. When did Adams and Jefferson meet to talk about a new loan for the U.S.?
4. Why were few letters written between Adams and Jefferson early in their association?
5. When did Jefferson return to France in Chapter 4 and begin writing to Adams again?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)