|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What things did Jefferson think governed Algiers?
(a) Money and cowardice.
(b) Fear and cowardice.
(c) Money, fear, and cowardice.
(d) Money and fear.
2. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
(a) By a Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(b) By an Original Member of the House of Burgesses.
(c) By a Native and Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(d) By a Native and Member of the House of Burgesses.
3. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
4. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
(a) They were afraid of the pirates.
(b) They were unaware of the piracy.
(c) They hired the pirates and dictated their activity.
(d) They thought they would benefit from the destruction of trade between other nations.
5. How old was Adams when he met Jefferson?
(a) Thirty seven.
(b) Thirty two.
(c) Thirty nine.
(d) Thirty four.
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
2. When was the Consular Convention with France that Jefferson discussed in a letter to Adams?
3. Why did Jefferson think that Adams had requested to leave his position as diplomat and return to the U.S.?
4. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
5. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)