|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
2. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
(a) A major concern.
(b) No concern.
(c) The only concern.
(d) A minor concern.
3. What type of a letter did Adams write after meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
4. How did France respond to the complications and complaints of the whale-oil fishery?
(a) They increased oil trading.
(b) They increased whaling.
(c) They banned whaling.
(d) They banned oil trading.
5. What happened to the letter that Jefferson wrote to congratulate Adams when the election was over, before the results were known?
(a) It was never mailed.
(b) It was read by Adams quickly.
(c) It was lost in the mail.
(d) It was intercepted by Madison.
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
2. At what time did Adams and Abigail return to Boston?
3. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
4. How did Adams respond to Jefferson's suggestion to Congress about solving the situation with the Barbary pirates?
5. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)