|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
(a) They thought the moderates did not love liberty enough.
(b) They thought the moderates were dangerous to the country.
(c) They thought the moderates were trying to stop the war.
(d) They thought the moderates were wrong about every issue.
2. When did Jefferson step down as secretary of state?
3. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
4. What did Adams do in response to Jefferson's presidential win?
(a) He appointed one Federalist to office before Jefferson became president.
(b) He appointed a number of Federalists to office while Jefferson was president.
(c) He appointed one Federalist to office while Jefferson was President.
(d) He appointed a number of Federalists to office before Jefferson became president.
5. What happened to the interest payments on the debt that America had acquired during the war to France?
(a) They were reduced.
(b) They were suspended.
(c) They were increased.
(d) They were eliminated.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jefferson react to Adams' election to the vice-presidency?
2. How did France respond to the complications and complaints of the whale-oil fishery?
3. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
4. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
5. Where did Adams negotiate with the Portuguese?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)