|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assumption was the starting point of Adams' work about political theory?
(a) Politicians were self-interested.
(b) Politicians were not self-interested.
(c) Laws were not irreversible.
(d) Laws were irreversible.
2. Along with the Dutch loan that Adams secured, what was the percentage to transfer the debt from France to Holland?
(a) Fourteen percent.
(b) Five percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) One percent.
3. What happened to the interest payments on the debt that America had acquired during the war to France?
(a) They were eliminated.
(b) They were suspended.
(c) They were increased.
(d) They were reduced.
4. When was Jefferson a governor?
(a) From 1779 to 1781.
(b) From 1778 to 1780.
(c) From 1780 to 1782.
(d) From 1777 to 1778.
5. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jefferson react to Adams' election to the vice-presidency?
2. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
3. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
4. When did Adams and Jefferson meet to talk about a new loan for the U.S.?
5. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)