|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
(a) The transfer was approved, but the loan was rejected.
(b) Neither the loan nor the transfer were approved.
(c) The loan was approved, but the transfer was rejected.
(d) Both the loan and the transfer were approved.
2. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
(a) A detailed list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(b) A list of two commodities that could be exchanged.
(c) A vague list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(d) A list of three commodities that could be exchanged.
3. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
(a) The American Commission.
(b) The American Delegation.
(c) The American Representatives.
(d) The American Ambassadors.
4. What type of a letter did Adams write after meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
5. What assumption was the starting point of Adams' work about political theory?
(a) Politicians were not self-interested.
(b) Politicians were self-interested.
(c) Laws were not irreversible.
(d) Laws were irreversible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jefferson react to Adams' election to the vice-presidency?
2. How many missions were made to Algiers to deal with the Barbary pirates?
3. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
4. Which queen protected American vessels from the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
5. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)