|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Thomas Paine's published works divided Adams and Jefferson in opinion?
(a) Common Sense.
(b) Rights of Man.
(c) Agrarian Justice.
(d) The Crisis Papers.
2. What did the British do while Jefferson was trying to secure the commercial treaty, in Chapter 4?
(a) They neither delayed nor showed indifference.
(b) They delayed and showed indifference.
(c) They delayed, but did not show indifference.
(d) They showed indifference, but did not delay.
3. When was the Consular Convention with France that Jefferson discussed in a letter to Adams?
4. Where was Jefferson the governor?
5. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
(a) February, 1774.
(b) January, 1775.
(c) February, 1775.
(d) January, 1774.
Short Answer Questions
1. What assumption was the starting point of Adams' work about political theory?
2. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
3. Where did Adams negotiate with the Portuguese?
4. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
5. When did Jefferson return to France in Chapter 4 and begin writing to Adams again?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)