|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
(a) A detailed list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(b) A list of three commodities that could be exchanged.
(c) A list of two commodities that could be exchanged.
(d) A vague list of commodities that could be exchanged.
2. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
(a) Whale oil and fishing supplies.
(b) Whale oil, fishing supplies, and candles.
(c) Whale oil and candles.
(d) Candles and fishing supplies.
3. Which of Thomas Paine's published works divided Adams and Jefferson in opinion?
(a) Rights of Man.
(b) Common Sense.
(c) Agrarian Justice.
(d) The Crisis Papers.
4. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
(a) Public opinion and regulating trade.
(b) Financing the war and regulating trade.
(c) Financing the war and public opinion.
(d) Financing the war, public opinion, and regulating trade.
5. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
2. When did Jefferson return to France in Chapter 4 and begin writing to Adams again?
3. How did France respond to the complications and complaints of the whale-oil fishery?
4. Where did Jefferson live after retiring from the secretary of state position?
5. When was Jefferson a governor?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)