|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
(a) A list of two commodities that could be exchanged.
(b) A detailed list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(c) A list of three commodities that could be exchanged.
(d) A vague list of commodities that could be exchanged.
2. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
(a) The loan was approved, but the transfer was rejected.
(b) Both the loan and the transfer were approved.
(c) Neither the loan nor the transfer were approved.
(d) The transfer was approved, but the loan was rejected.
3. As Adams recognized, where did aristocracies exist?
(a) Only certain places.
(b) All places.
(c) Most places.
(d) Not very many places.
4. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
5. At what time did Adams and Abigail return to Boston?
(b) Early 1789.
(c) Late 1788.
(d) Early 1788.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jefferson think the electorate had the ability to select?
2. When did Adams and Jefferson meet to talk about a new loan for the U.S.?
3. Why did Jefferson think that Adams had requested to leave his position as diplomat and return to the U.S.?
4. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
5. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)