|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which political concern did Adams have, in Chapter 10?
(a) How to end aristocracy.
(b) How to control aristocracy.
(c) How to discourage aristocracy.
(d) How to change aristocracy.
2. When did Adams think even an aristocracy of virtue could be corrupted?
(a) If elected or unelected.
(b) If elected.
(c) If elected for long periods of time.
(d) If elected for short periods of time.
3. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
4. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
(a) Its supplies were unavailable.
(b) Its supplies were limited.
(c) Its markets expanded too quickly.
(d) Its markets shrank.
5. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Eighteen years.
(c) Sixteen years.
(d) Fourteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
2. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
3. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
4. When was Adams released from his position as diplomat?
5. Why did Jefferson think that Adams had requested to leave his position as diplomat and return to the U.S.?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)