|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
(a) Its supplies were limited.
(b) Its markets shrank.
(c) Its supplies were unavailable.
(d) Its markets expanded too quickly.
2. What happened to the interest payments on the debt that America had acquired during the war to France?
(a) They were increased.
(b) They were reduced.
(c) They were eliminated.
(d) They were suspended.
3. When did Jefferson return to the United States?
(a) Fall of 1789.
(b) Fall of 1789.
(c) Summer of 1789.
(d) Winter of 1789.
4. In Chapter 10, how was Adams' outlook on the future dealings with aristocracy?
(a) He was concerned.
(b) He was optimisitc.
(c) He was skeptical.
(d) He was uncertain.
5. Where did Adams negotiate with the Portuguese?
Short Answer Questions
1. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
2. What war was ongoing as Adams and Jefferson began to write to each other again?
3. Which month was the last letter in Chapter 10 written?
4. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
5. Leading to his support of the Bill of Rights, what was Adams' initial concern during the Federal Convention?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)