|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did France respond to the complications and complaints of the whale-oil fishery?
(a) They banned whaling.
(b) They banned oil trading.
(c) They increased oil trading.
(d) They increased whaling.
2. Based on Adams' explanation, when did aristocracies exist?
(a) In all times.
(b) In the past.
(c) In specific times of the past.
(d) In the present.
3. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
(a) Neither the loan nor the transfer were approved.
(b) Both the loan and the transfer were approved.
(c) The transfer was approved, but the loan was rejected.
(d) The loan was approved, but the transfer was rejected.
4. Along with the Dutch loan that Adams secured, what was the percentage to transfer the debt from France to Holland?
(a) Fourteen percent.
(b) Five percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) One percent.
5. What year were the letters in Chapter 10 written?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Adams give up in order to focus on the classics?
2. What war was ongoing as Adams and Jefferson began to write to each other again?
3. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
4. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
5. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)