|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which future system(s) did Jefferson have high hopes for?
(a) Neither public education nor science.
(b) Science, but not public education.
(c) Public education and science.
(d) Public education, but not science.
2. Along with the Dutch loan that Adams secured, what was the percentage to transfer the debt from France to Holland?
(a) Five percent.
(b) Fourteen percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) One percent.
3. What year were the letters in Chapter 10 written?
4. At what time did Adams and Abigail return to Boston?
(a) Late 1788.
(c) Early 1788.
(d) Early 1789.
5. Which of the following did Adams give up in order to focus on the classics?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Adams and Jefferson meet to talk about a new loan for the U.S.?
2. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
3. What happened to the interest payments on the debt that America had acquired during the war to France?
4. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
5. How did France respond to the complications and complaints of the whale-oil fishery?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)