|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time did Adams and Abigail return to Boston?
(b) Late 1788.
(c) Early 1789.
(d) Early 1788.
2. When did Adams think even an aristocracy of virtue could be corrupted?
(a) If elected for long periods of time.
(b) If elected for short periods of time.
(c) If elected or unelected.
(d) If elected.
3. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
(a) It would honor the agreements with the United States.
(b) It would not honor the agreements with the United States.
(c) It would begin trading with other countries.
(d) It would not begin trading with other countries.
4. In Chapter 10, how was Jefferson's outlook on the future dealings with aristocracy?
(a) He was concerned.
(b) He was uncertain.
(c) He was skeptical.
(d) He was optimistic.
5. When did Adams and Jefferson meet to talk about a new loan for the U.S.?
(a) Early 1789.
(b) Late 1789.
(c) Early 1788.
(d) Late 1788.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
2. What war was ongoing as Adams and Jefferson began to write to each other again?
3. What year were the letters in Chapter 10 written?
4. Based on Adams' explanation, when did aristocracies exist?
5. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)