|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jefferson think the electorate had the ability to select?
(a) The good and wise.
(b) The good and experienced.
(c) The good, wise, and experienced.
(d) The wise and experienced.
2. When did Adams think even an aristocracy of virtue could be corrupted?
(a) If elected for short periods of time.
(b) If elected or unelected.
(c) If elected.
(d) If elected for long periods of time.
3. How much was the Dutch loan that Adams secured?
(a) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(c) One hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Four hundred thousand dollars.
4. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
(a) It would not begin trading with other countries.
(b) It would not honor the agreements with the United States.
(c) It would honor the agreements with the United States.
(d) It would begin trading with other countries.
5. Why did Jefferson think that Adams had requested to leave his position as diplomat and return to the U.S.?
(a) Because he did not want to be a diplomat anymore.
(b) Because he did not like the economy in England.
(c) Because he did not think there was a point in working with the English.
(d) Because he did not like the behavior of the English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
2. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
3. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
4. What year were the letters in Chapter 10 written?
5. Which future system(s) did Jefferson have high hopes for?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)