|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Adams recognized, where did aristocracies exist?
(a) Not very many places.
(b) All places.
(c) Most places.
(d) Only certain places.
2. Which future system(s) did Jefferson have high hopes for?
(a) Neither public education nor science.
(b) Science, but not public education.
(c) Public education and science.
(d) Public education, but not science.
3. When did Jefferson return to the United States?
(a) Fall of 1789.
(b) Winter of 1789.
(c) Summer of 1789.
(d) Fall of 1789.
4. In Chapter 10, how was Jefferson's outlook on the future dealings with aristocracy?
(a) He was uncertain.
(b) He was optimistic.
(c) He was concerned.
(d) He was skeptical.
5. What happened to the interest payments on the debt that America had acquired during the war to France?
(a) They were eliminated.
(b) They were reduced.
(c) They were increased.
(d) They were suspended.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
2. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
3. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
4. Where did Adams negotiate with the Portuguese?
5. At what time did Adams and Abigail return to Boston?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)