|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
(a) Sixteen years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Fourteen years.
(d) Eighteen years.
2. Which month was the last letter in Chapter 10 written?
3. How much was the Dutch loan that Adams secured?
(a) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(c) One hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Four hundred thousand dollars.
4. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
(a) They resented Britain's economic acts.
(b) They resented Britain's policies with the U.S.
(c) They resented Britain's politics.
(d) They resented Britain's navigation acts.
5. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
(a) It would not honor the agreements with the United States.
(b) It would begin trading with other countries.
(c) It would not begin trading with other countries.
(d) It would honor the agreements with the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Adams released from his position as diplomat?
2. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
3. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
4. As Adams recognized, where did aristocracies exist?
5. Based on Adams' explanation, when did aristocracies exist?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)