|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which future system(s) did Jefferson have high hopes for?
(a) Science, but not public education.
(b) Neither public education nor science.
(c) Public education, but not science.
(d) Public education and science.
2. Which month was the last letter in Chapter 10 written?
3. When was Adams released from his position as diplomat?
(a) Spring of 1789.
(b) Spring of 1788.
(c) Fall of 1788.
(d) Fall of 1789.
4. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
(a) Whale oil and fishing supplies.
(b) Whale oil, fishing supplies, and candles.
(c) Candles and fishing supplies.
(d) Whale oil and candles.
5. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
(a) A vague list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(b) A list of two commodities that could be exchanged.
(c) A detailed list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(d) A list of three commodities that could be exchanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did France respond to the complications and complaints of the whale-oil fishery?
2. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
3. What happened to the interest payments on the debt that America had acquired during the war to France?
4. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
5. When did Adams think even an aristocracy of virtue could be corrupted?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)