|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which future system(s) did Jefferson have high hopes for?
(a) Public education, but not science.
(b) Neither public education nor science.
(c) Public education and science.
(d) Science, but not public education.
2. Which of the following did Adams give up in order to focus on the classics?
3. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Increasing trade with Europe.
(b) Getting too involved with European politics.
(c) Ignoring European politics.
(d) Reducing trade with Europe.
4. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
(a) The transfer was approved, but the loan was rejected.
(b) Both the loan and the transfer were approved.
(c) The loan was approved, but the transfer was rejected.
(d) Neither the loan nor the transfer were approved.
5. Which month was the last letter in Chapter 10 written?
Short Answer Questions
1. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
2. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
3. When was Adams released from his position as diplomat?
4. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
5. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)