|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jefferson think that Adams had requested to leave his position as diplomat and return to the U.S.?
(a) Because he did not like the behavior of the English.
(b) Because he did not like the economy in England.
(c) Because he did not want to be a diplomat anymore.
(d) Because he did not think there was a point in working with the English.
2. Which of the following did Adams give up in order to focus on the classics?
3. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
4. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
(a) Eighteen years.
(b) Sixteen years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fourteen years.
5. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Increasing trade with Europe.
(b) Ignoring European politics.
(c) Getting too involved with European politics.
(d) Reducing trade with Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war was ongoing as Adams and Jefferson began to write to each other again?
2. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
3. Based on Adams' explanation, when did aristocracies exist?
4. When was Adams released from his position as diplomat?
5. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)