|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
(a) Its supplies were limited.
(b) Its supplies were unavailable.
(c) Its markets expanded too quickly.
(d) Its markets shrank.
2. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
3. Where did Adams negotiate with the Portuguese?
4. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
(a) Whale oil and candles.
(b) Whale oil, fishing supplies, and candles.
(c) Whale oil and fishing supplies.
(d) Candles and fishing supplies.
5. Based on Adams' explanation, when did aristocracies exist?
(a) In specific times of the past.
(b) In the past.
(c) In all times.
(d) In the present.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which political concern did Adams have, in Chapter 10?
2. Why did Jefferson think that Adams had requested to leave his position as diplomat and return to the U.S.?
3. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
4. What war was ongoing as Adams and Jefferson began to write to each other again?
5. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)