|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did France respond to the complications and complaints of the whale-oil fishery?
(a) They increased oil trading.
(b) They banned oil trading.
(c) They banned whaling.
(d) They increased whaling.
2. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
(a) Whale oil and fishing supplies.
(b) Whale oil and candles.
(c) Candles and fishing supplies.
(d) Whale oil, fishing supplies, and candles.
3. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
4. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
(a) A list of three commodities that could be exchanged.
(b) A vague list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(c) A detailed list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(d) A list of two commodities that could be exchanged.
5. In Chapter 10, how was Adams' outlook on the future dealings with aristocracy?
(a) He was skeptical.
(b) He was optimisitc.
(c) He was concerned.
(d) He was uncertain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the Dutch loan that Adams secured?
2. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
3. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
4. Where did Adams negotiate with the Portuguese?
5. What happened to the interest payments on the debt that America had acquired during the war to France?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)