|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
(a) Whale oil and candles.
(b) Whale oil and fishing supplies.
(c) Candles and fishing supplies.
(d) Whale oil, fishing supplies, and candles.
2. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
(a) It would not begin trading with other countries.
(b) It would not honor the agreements with the United States.
(c) It would honor the agreements with the United States.
(d) It would begin trading with other countries.
3. What happened to the interest payments on the debt that America had acquired during the war to France?
(a) They were suspended.
(b) They were increased.
(c) They were eliminated.
(d) They were reduced.
4. Which month was the last letter in Chapter 10 written?
5. Which political concern did Adams have, in Chapter 10?
(a) How to discourage aristocracy.
(b) How to end aristocracy.
(c) How to control aristocracy.
(d) How to change aristocracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
2. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
3. At what time did Adams and Abigail return to Boston?
4. What year were the letters in Chapter 10 written?
5. Leading to his support of the Bill of Rights, what was Adams' initial concern during the Federal Convention?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)