|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along with the Dutch loan that Adams secured, what was the percentage to transfer the debt from France to Holland?
(a) One percent.
(b) Fourteen percent.
(c) Five percent.
(d) Ten percent.
2. How did France respond to the complications and complaints of the whale-oil fishery?
(a) They banned oil trading.
(b) They banned whaling.
(c) They increased whaling.
(d) They increased oil trading.
3. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
4. When did Jefferson return to the United States?
(a) Fall of 1789.
(b) Fall of 1789.
(c) Winter of 1789.
(d) Summer of 1789.
5. When did Adams think even an aristocracy of virtue could be corrupted?
(a) If elected for long periods of time.
(b) If elected.
(c) If elected for short periods of time.
(d) If elected or unelected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
2. At what time did Adams and Abigail return to Boston?
3. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
4. In Chapter 10, how was Adams' outlook on the future dealings with aristocracy?
5. When was Adams released from his position as diplomat?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)