|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Getting too involved with European politics.
(b) Ignoring European politics.
(c) Reducing trade with Europe.
(d) Increasing trade with Europe.
2. What year were the letters in Chapter 10 written?
3. As Adams recognized, where did aristocracies exist?
(a) Most places.
(b) Not very many places.
(c) All places.
(d) Only certain places.
4. Why did Jefferson think that Adams had requested to leave his position as diplomat and return to the U.S.?
(a) Because he did not think there was a point in working with the English.
(b) Because he did not want to be a diplomat anymore.
(c) Because he did not like the behavior of the English.
(d) Because he did not like the economy in England.
5. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
(a) A major concern.
(b) The only concern.
(c) A minor concern.
(d) No concern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which political concern did Adams have, in Chapter 10?
2. What war was ongoing as Adams and Jefferson began to write to each other again?
3. At what time did Adams and Abigail return to Boston?
4. How much was the Dutch loan that Adams secured?
5. How did France respond to the complications and complaints of the whale-oil fishery?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)