|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leading to his support of the Bill of Rights, what was Adams' initial concern during the Federal Convention?
(a) That the people would not be represented.
(b) That the people would not have their say.
(c) That the senate would have too much power.
(d) That the senate would be ineffective.
2. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Increasing trade with Europe.
(b) Getting too involved with European politics.
(c) Reducing trade with Europe.
(d) Ignoring European politics.
3. Which political concern did Adams have, in Chapter 10?
(a) How to control aristocracy.
(b) How to end aristocracy.
(c) How to discourage aristocracy.
(d) How to change aristocracy.
4. Which future system(s) did Jefferson have high hopes for?
(a) Public education, but not science.
(b) Neither public education nor science.
(c) Public education and science.
(d) Science, but not public education.
5. When did Adams and Jefferson meet to talk about a new loan for the U.S.?
(a) Late 1788.
(b) Early 1788.
(c) Early 1789.
(d) Late 1789.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how was Jefferson's outlook on the future dealings with aristocracy?
2. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
3. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
4. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
5. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)