|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Increasing trade with Europe.
(b) Ignoring European politics.
(c) Reducing trade with Europe.
(d) Getting too involved with European politics.
2. When did Adams think even an aristocracy of virtue could be corrupted?
(a) If elected.
(b) If elected for long periods of time.
(c) If elected for short periods of time.
(d) If elected or unelected.
3. Along with the Dutch loan that Adams secured, what was the percentage to transfer the debt from France to Holland?
(a) Five percent.
(b) Ten percent.
(c) Fourteen percent.
(d) One percent.
4. How did France respond to the complications and complaints of the whale-oil fishery?
(a) They increased whaling.
(b) They banned oil trading.
(c) They banned whaling.
(d) They increased oil trading.
5. Leading to his support of the Bill of Rights, what was Adams' initial concern during the Federal Convention?
(a) That the senate would have too much power.
(b) That the people would not have their say.
(c) That the senate would be ineffective.
(d) That the people would not be represented.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time did Adams and Abigail return to Boston?
2. Where did Adams negotiate with the Portuguese?
3. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
4. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
5. Based on Adams' explanation, when did aristocracies exist?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)