|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the sniper that is shooting at Zombie’s squad in Part VIII: “The Spirit of Vengeance”?
2. How does Evan say Lauren killed herself in Part VII: “The Heart to Kill,” Chapter 53?
(a) She jumped into a river.
(b) She shot herself.
(c) She hung herself.
(d) She jumped off a skyscraper.
3. Cassie thinks to herself when she is ordered to halt in Part XI: “The Infinite Sea,” “There may be some human adults in positions of authority, but knowing Vosch, I doubt it. So if it’s an adult, and especially if it’s an officer, I think you can assume they are” what?
(a) “Not aliens.”
(b) “Not the enemy.”
(c) “Not human.”
(d) “Not friendly.”
4. What does Zombie take from Kistner after knocking him out in Part X: “A Thousand Ways,” Chapter 78?
(a) His microchip.
(b) His jewelry.
(c) His knife.
(d) His clothes.
5. Colonel Vosch tells Cassie in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 85, “During the initial phase, when we were inserting ourselves into you, we often used the screen memory of” what “to hide the fact from the expectant mother”?
(a) “A pigeon.”
(b) “A hawk.”
(c) “An eagle.”
(d) “An owl.”
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the number that Cassie gives when the authority figure demands it in Part XI: “The Infinite Sea”?
2. Who is the medic on Zombie’s squad in Part VIII: “The Spirit of Vengeance”?
3. For how many years does Colonel Vosch say his species has been watching humanity in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 85?
4. Where does Cassie tell Sammy their father is waiting for them in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 83?
5. In the end of Part VII: “The Heart to Kill,” Chapter 55, Evan tells Cassie, “Before I found you, I thought the only way to hold on was to find something to live for. It isn’t. To hold on, you have to find something you’re” what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cassie go about infiltrating Camp Haven in Part IX: “A Flower to the Rain”?
2. How do the protagonists of the novel escape in the ending of Part XIII: “The Black Hole”?
3. How does Cassie progress in making her way into the compound in Part XI: “The Infinite Sea”?
4. What discovery does Ringer and Zombie make on the battlefield in Part VIII: “The Spirit of Vengeance”?
5. What choice is Cassie given in order to save Sammy in Part XIII: “The Black Hole”?
6. How does Evan explain his relationship to the Others in Part IX: “A Flower to the Rain”?
7. What does Cassie find in the barn at Evan’s farm in Part VII: “The Heart to Kill”? How does she react?
8. What does Cassie promise herself as she makes her way toward Sammy in Part XI: “The Infinite Sea”?
9. What theme dominates Part VII: “The Heart to Kill” How is this theme illustrated?
10. What aspect of Evan’s physicality causes Cassie to doubt his intentions in Part VII: “The Heart to Kill”?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)