|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only way Patrick can get Timmy to sleep?
2. How does Megan define 'Hmmm'?
3. What did Megan plan to make for Patrick for Christmas?
4. What does Patrick suggest he and Megan prepare for their Thanksgiving meal instead of the traditional fare?
5. What does Megan order at the hot dog joint?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Megan admit to looking at the night of her first date with Patrick?
2. What does Megan decide she needs soon after Timmy leaves?
3. The day after his date with Megan, what does Patrick find is the only way to get Timmy to sleep?
4. What has Megan felt a compulsion to do since she was a child?
5. Describe Dave, Megan's former fiance.
6. Why does Patrick dismiss any possibility of living with Megan before marriage?
7. What does Patrick tell Dave is the reason Megan wanted to marry him?
8. What does Patrick give Megan in hopes of relieving her grief over Timmy leaving?
9. Though she has been engaged twice before, in Chapter 6 what does Megan note she has never done before?
10. How does Megan justify the TV being located in Pat's room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A few situations in the novel can be deemed as improbable or far-fetched. Discuss the reader's need to suspend disbelief to appreciate the story. Also, what are some examples of improbable situations in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Both Megan's and Patrick's families gather for a special holiday. Discuss the relationships that the protagonists have with their families in the novel "Thanksgiving".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme that love overcomes all obstacles in regards to the novel "Thanksgiving". In what way does Megan's and Patrick's love overcome obstacles, and what obstacles do they overcome?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)