|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Patrick reference as being so stupid they'd drown in the rain?
2. Who is Laurie?
3. What does Patrick suggest he and Megan prepare for their Thanksgiving meal instead of the traditional fare?
4. What do Megan and Patrick plan to cook in Chapter 5?
5. What does Patrick order for dinner in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Timmy interrupt Megan and Pat's romantic evening, and why?
2. Describe Dave, Megan's former fiance.
3. Why does Patrick dismiss any possibility of living with Megan before marriage?
4. What does Patrick give Megan in hopes of relieving her grief over Timmy leaving?
5. Though she has been engaged twice before, in Chapter 6 what does Megan note she has never done before?
6. Why did Tilly move to Williamsburg?
7. Why does Patrick put the animated film on the TV first?
8. What does Megan decide she needs soon after Timmy leaves?
9. The day after his date with Megan, what does Patrick find is the only way to get Timmy to sleep?
10. Why doesn't Megan kiss Timmy good-bye?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thanksgiving is not only the title of the book, but a central event in the novel as well. Discuss the holiday and traditions associated with Thanksgiving, and how the holiday is used to further the plot in the novel "Thanksgiving".
Essay Topic 2
What is your overall opinion of the novel "Thanksgiving"? What are its strengths and weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
Both Megan's and Patrick's families gather for a special holiday. Discuss the relationships that the protagonists have with their families in the novel "Thanksgiving".
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)