|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Megan plan to make for Patrick for Christmas?
2. What date does Megan joke will be her wedding day?
3. What news does Patrick tell Dave about Megan in Chapter 9?
4. What movie did Patrick rent for he and Megan to watch?
5. What do Dave and Patrick play to decide who will marry Megan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Megan justify the TV being located in Pat's room?
2. What does Megan do on Thanksgiving morning?
3. Why does Dave challenge Patrick to a competition?
4. What does Megan admit to looking at the night of her first date with Patrick?
5. Why does Patrick put the animated film on the TV first?
6. What assumption do Patrick and Megan's families make about their relationship?
7. What has Megan felt a compulsion to do since she was a child?
8. How does Patrick manage to get soaked in the rain shower?
9. How does Megan wake Patrick up when she realizes he is late for work?
10. What does Megan think Patrick's house would be a perfect setting for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel "Thanksgiving", there are two protagonists; Megan Murphy and Patrick Hunter. Describe these two characters in detail and the relationship between them.
Essay Topic 2
The novel "Thanksgiving" is written in third-person point of view, from the perspectives of Megan and Patrick. Discuss how this point of view affects the reader's understanding of the characters, as well as their motivations in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
A few situations in the novel can be deemed as improbable or far-fetched. Discuss the reader's need to suspend disbelief to appreciate the story. Also, what are some examples of improbable situations in the novel?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)