|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Megan described as feeling "downright bloated" with?
2. Where did Megan's fiance Steve say he was going to do when he dumped her?
3. What disaster befalls the Thanksgiving turkey?
4. As an adult, how many times has Megan been engaged?
5. What had Megan never done with her former lovers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Megan admit to looking at the night of her first date with Patrick?
2. Who do Megan and Patrick make toasts to in Chapter 6?
3. How does Timmy interrupt Megan and Pat's romantic evening, and why?
4. Why did Tilly move to Williamsburg?
5. What does Megan decide she needs soon after Timmy leaves?
6. What does Patrick give Megan in hopes of relieving her grief over Timmy leaving?
7. What assumption do Patrick and Megan's families make about their relationship?
8. What does Patrick tell Dave is the reason Megan wanted to marry him?
9. How does Megan wake Patrick up when she realizes he is late for work?
10. Why didn't Lenny know about Tilly's pregnancy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marriage is a constant element of the novel "Thanksgiving." Discuss the idea of marriage in the novel and how Megan and Patrick deal with the ever- present pressure associated with marriage.
Essay Topic 2
The novel "Thanksgiving" is written in third-person point of view, from the perspectives of Megan and Patrick. Discuss how this point of view affects the reader's understanding of the characters, as well as their motivations in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
The novel, "Thanksgiving" is set in present-day Williamsburg, Virgina. Discuss how the setting contributes to and influences the plot of the novel.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)