|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Megan wake Patrick up at after their date?
2. Who is Laurie?
3. What does a neighbor keep at the house Megan is staying at?
4. What did Megan sell her sports car to buy?
5. Why does Megan make a pot of coffee when she arrives at Pat's house at the beginning of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Megan kiss Timmy good-bye?
2. Why does Dave challenge Patrick to a competition?
3. Why does Patrick dismiss any possibility of living with Megan before marriage?
4. What does Megan decide she needs soon after Timmy leaves?
5. What does Megan do on Thanksgiving morning?
6. Why does Patrick put the animated film on the TV first?
7. Describe Dave, Megan's former fiance.
8. How does Timmy interrupt Megan and Pat's romantic evening, and why?
9. Who do Megan and Patrick make toasts to in Chapter 6?
10. Why didn't Lenny know about Tilly's pregnancy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The novel "Thanksgiving" is an example of a romance novel. Discuss the characteristics of the romance novel and why "Thanksgiving" is an example of this genre.
Essay Topic 2
The novel "Thanksgiving" is written in third-person point of view, from the perspectives of Megan and Patrick. Discuss how this point of view affects the reader's understanding of the characters, as well as their motivations in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Both Megan's and Patrick's families gather for a special holiday. Discuss the relationships that the protagonists have with their families in the novel "Thanksgiving".
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)