|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Tilly unable to contact Lenny when she found out she was pregnant?
2. Who does Patrick begin to doubt he would trust to care for Timmy?
3. What is the only way Patrick can get Timmy to sleep?
4. What piece of equipment is located in Patrick's bedroom?
5. How does Megan describe her engagements in comparison to her relationship with Patrick?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Megan justify the TV being located in Pat's room?
2. How does Timmy interrupt Megan and Pat's romantic evening, and why?
3. Why does Dave challenge Patrick to a competition?
4. How does Megan wake Patrick up when she realizes he is late for work?
5. The day after his date with Megan, what does Patrick find is the only way to get Timmy to sleep?
6. What does Megan do on Thanksgiving morning?
7. Explain Megan's failed college engagement.
8. What does Megan admit to looking at the night of her first date with Patrick?
9. What does Megan think Patrick's house would be a perfect setting for?
10. What has Megan felt a compulsion to do since she was a child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thanksgiving is not only the title of the book, but a central event in the novel as well. Discuss the holiday and traditions associated with Thanksgiving, and how the holiday is used to further the plot in the novel "Thanksgiving".
Essay Topic 2
The novel, "Thanksgiving" is set in present-day Williamsburg, Virgina. Discuss how the setting contributes to and influences the plot of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
What is your overall opinion of the novel "Thanksgiving"? What are its strengths and weaknesses?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)