|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Megan do while Patrick takes the babysitter home?
2. What does Megan say she has had a compulsion to do since she was a child?
3. What does Patrick ask Megan to get him when he wakes up in the morning?
4. What does Megan ask Patrick at the hot dog joint?
5. What does Dave offer to sell Patrick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Patrick put the animated film on the TV first?
2. How does Timmy interrupt Megan and Pat's romantic evening, and why?
3. Describe Dave, Megan's former fiance.
4. How does Patrick manage to get soaked in the rain shower?
5. Why did Tilly move to Williamsburg?
6. What does Patrick give Megan in hopes of relieving her grief over Timmy leaving?
7. Who do Megan and Patrick make toasts to in Chapter 6?
8. How does Megan react to "The Bridges of Madison County"?
9. Why doesn't Megan kiss Timmy good-bye?
10. Though she has been engaged twice before, in Chapter 6 what does Megan note she has never done before?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is your overall opinion of the novel "Thanksgiving"? What are its strengths and weaknesses?
Essay Topic 2
Thanksgiving is not only the title of the book, but a central event in the novel as well. Discuss the holiday and traditions associated with Thanksgiving, and how the holiday is used to further the plot in the novel "Thanksgiving".
Essay Topic 3
The novel "Thanksgiving" is written in third-person point of view, from the perspectives of Megan and Patrick. Discuss how this point of view affects the reader's understanding of the characters, as well as their motivations in the novel.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)