|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does a minstrel play in the restaurant?
2. Where do Megan's parents live?
3. Who says, "I'm not a morning person"?
4. What becomes a ritual for Timmy and Megan over their few days together?
5. What does Megan listen to briefly outside Bruton Parish Church?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Megan end up promising to have supper with Patrick every night?
2. What does Patrick tell Megan about Tilly Coogan?
3. Why doesn't Megan know much about babies?
4. What does Megan resolve to do in preparation for Thanksgiving dinner?
5. Why does Megan think Patrick is a bad "pet parent"?
6. What does Tilly Coogan tell Megan when Tilly leaves her son with her?
7. Why does Megan want Patrick to look after Timmy?
8. Where did Patrick get the playpen?
9. How does Megan feel about Patrick frequently touching her?
10. Why does Patrick liken himself to Prince Charming at one point in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dave as Patrick's foil.
Essay Topic 2
Marriage is a constant element of the novel "Thanksgiving." Discuss the idea of marriage in the novel and how Megan and Patrick deal with the ever- present pressure associated with marriage.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme that love overcomes all obstacles in regards to the novel "Thanksgiving". In what way does Megan's and Patrick's love overcome obstacles, and what obstacles do they overcome?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)