|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patrick leave for Timmy in the kitchen?
2. In Chapter 4 where does Megan drive to on a Friday afternoon?
3. What becomes a ritual for Timmy and Megan over their few days together?
4. What subject does Megan have an interest in?
5. What does Megan find she must have shut off while sleeping?
Short Essay Questions
1. By Chapter 4, what had become a daily ritual for Megan and Timmy?
2. Why does Megan carry the rabbit in her cloak?
3. Why does Megan think it's a good thing that her parents have moved to Florida?
4. What does Megan resolve to do in preparation for Thanksgiving dinner?
5. Why does Megan think Patrick is a bad "pet parent"?
6. Why doesn't Megan know much about babies?
7. What does Patrick tell Megan about Tilly Coogan?
8. What does Megan mean by saying Patrick's nose is "bogus"?
9. Why is Megan agitated by the fact that Patrick brought her a rose?
10. What does Megan do for a living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thanksgiving is not only the title of the book, but a central event in the novel as well. Discuss the holiday and traditions associated with Thanksgiving, and how the holiday is used to further the plot in the novel "Thanksgiving".
Essay Topic 2
In the novel "Thanksgiving", there are two protagonists; Megan Murphy and Patrick Hunter. Describe these two characters in detail and the relationship between them.
Essay Topic 3
The novel "Thanksgiving" is written in third-person point of view, from the perspectives of Megan and Patrick. Discuss how this point of view affects the reader's understanding of the characters, as well as their motivations in the novel.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)