|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill do both Megan and Patrick lack?
2. What kind of relationship does Megan want with Patrick?
3. What is Megan Murphy doing in the park at the beginning of the novel?
4. What becomes a ritual for Timmy and Megan over their few days together?
5. How old is Tilly Coogan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Megan carry the rabbit in her cloak?
2. Why does Patrick liken himself to Prince Charming at one point in Chapter 3?
3. What does Patrick tell Megan about Tilly Coogan?
4. Why doesn't Megan know much about babies?
5. What does Megan mean by saying Patrick's nose is "bogus"?
6. Why does Megan think Patrick is a bad "pet parent"?
7. Where did Patrick get the playpen?
8. What does Megan wear to the door when Patrick comes by to drop off Timmy in Chapter 3?
9. What does Megan do for a living?
10. What does Tilly Coogan tell Megan when Tilly leaves her son with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conclusion of the novel "Thanksgiving". How did you react to the ending? Is it predictable? Surprising?
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the novel, Megan is thrust into a situation where she is compelled to look after a young infant. Prior to this experience, Megan was uncomfortable around babies and had not thought about motherhood. Discuss how the experience with Timmy changes Megan and awakens her maternal instincts.
Essay Topic 3
The novel "Thanksgiving" is written in third-person point of view, from the perspectives of Megan and Patrick. Discuss how this point of view affects the reader's understanding of the characters, as well as their motivations in the novel.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)