|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Patrick liken himself to when he realizes he has to wake Megan up?
2. What subject does Megan have an interest in?
3. Who is Martha Greenwald?
4. In Chapter 3, what does Megan think Patrick's living room is perfect for?
5. What animal does Megan encounter in the Park?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Megan resolve to do in preparation for Thanksgiving dinner?
2. What are Patrick's plans for Thanksgiving?
3. What leads Megan to believe Tilly Coogan must lead a lonely existence?
4. Where do Patrick and Megan go on their first date?
5. By Chapter 4, what had become a daily ritual for Megan and Timmy?
6. What does Patrick tease Megan about when they first meet?
7. How does Megan end up promising to have supper with Patrick every night?
8. What does Tilly Coogan tell Megan when Tilly leaves her son with her?
9. What does Megan do for a living?
10. Why does Patrick liken himself to Prince Charming at one point in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the dialogue used in the novel "Thanksgiving". How would you describe the dialogue and what effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme that love overcomes all obstacles in regards to the novel "Thanksgiving". In what way does Megan's and Patrick's love overcome obstacles, and what obstacles do they overcome?
Essay Topic 3
The novel "Thanksgiving" is an example of a romance novel. Discuss the characteristics of the romance novel and why "Thanksgiving" is an example of this genre.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)