|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Megan's hair?
2. What is Megan Murphy doing in the park at the beginning of the novel?
3. What vehicle passes Megan as she is sitting on a bench?
4. What does Patrick say about his parents?
5. What is Megan preparing when Patrick returns from work in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Megan resolve to do in preparation for Thanksgiving dinner?
2. Why is Megan agitated by the fact that Patrick brought her a rose?
3. Why does Megan carry the rabbit in her cloak?
4. What does Tilly Coogan tell Megan when Tilly leaves her son with her?
5. Describe Patrick's house.
6. Where do Patrick and Megan go on their first date?
7. Where did Patrick get the playpen?
8. Why does Megan want Patrick to look after Timmy?
9. Why does Megan think it's a good thing that her parents have moved to Florida?
10. What does Patrick tell Megan about Tilly Coogan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The novel "Thanksgiving" is written in third-person point of view, from the perspectives of Megan and Patrick. Discuss how this point of view affects the reader's understanding of the characters, as well as their motivations in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the dialogue used in the novel "Thanksgiving". How would you describe the dialogue and what effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Thanksgiving is not only the title of the book, but a central event in the novel as well. Discuss the holiday and traditions associated with Thanksgiving, and how the holiday is used to further the plot in the novel "Thanksgiving".
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)