|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom does Megan say, "I think he's magic"?
2. At dinner, how does Megan describe Patrick?
3. Where do Patrick and Megan go out for their first date?
4. Where did Megan grow up?
5. What does Patrick mention stealing in med school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tilly Coogan tell Megan when Tilly leaves her son with her?
2. What are Patrick's plans for Thanksgiving?
3. What does Patrick tease Megan about when they first meet?
4. Why does Patrick liken himself to Prince Charming at one point in Chapter 3?
5. How does Megan feel about Patrick frequently touching her?
6. By Chapter 4, what had become a daily ritual for Megan and Timmy?
7. What does Patrick tell Megan about Tilly Coogan?
8. What does Megan wear to the door when Patrick comes by to drop off Timmy in Chapter 3?
9. What does Megan resolve to do in preparation for Thanksgiving dinner?
10. Why is Megan agitated by the fact that Patrick brought her a rose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Megan and Patrick have many ups and downs throughout the narrative. Discuss conflict in the novel "Thanksgiving". What are some common reasons for conflict between the leads? How do they resolve them?
Essay Topic 2
Evanovich uses humorous dialogue and situations often in the novel "Thanksgiving". What effect does this humorous tone have on the novel and how would it be different if the novel were told in a more serious light?
Essay Topic 3
The author of "Thanksgiving", Janet Evanovich, is more well-known for her mystery novels, rather than her work in the romance novel genre. Discuss her previous work and how "Thanksgiving" compares to her other work.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)