|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sisters does Patrick have?
2. What does Megan decide would be "totally painful"?
3. When they first meet, who does Tilly Coogan believe Megan to be?
4. Where did Megan grow up?
5. How old is Tilly Coogan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Megan resolve to do in preparation for Thanksgiving dinner?
2. Why does Patrick liken himself to Prince Charming at one point in Chapter 3?
3. What does Tilly Coogan tell Megan when Tilly leaves her son with her?
4. Where do Patrick and Megan go on their first date?
5. Describe Patrick's house.
6. Why does Megan think Patrick is a bad "pet parent"?
7. Why does Megan think it's a good thing that her parents have moved to Florida?
8. Where did Patrick get the playpen?
9. What does Megan wear to the door when Patrick comes by to drop off Timmy in Chapter 3?
10. How does Megan end up promising to have supper with Patrick every night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A few situations in the novel can be deemed as improbable or far-fetched. Discuss the reader's need to suspend disbelief to appreciate the story. Also, what are some examples of improbable situations in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the dialogue used in the novel "Thanksgiving". How would you describe the dialogue and what effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Thanksgiving is not only the title of the book, but a central event in the novel as well. Discuss the holiday and traditions associated with Thanksgiving, and how the holiday is used to further the plot in the novel "Thanksgiving".
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)