|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Megan preparing when Patrick returns from work in Chapter 3?
2. What has Patrick received from his parents for his birthday?
3. What word does Timmy say on his first day with Megan?
4. What color is Megan's hair?
5. How long does Tilly say she'll be gone for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Patrick and Megan go on their first date?
2. What does Megan do for a living?
3. What does Tilly Coogan tell Megan when Tilly leaves her son with her?
4. What does Patrick say he would do with Timmy if Tilly never returned?
5. Why doesn't Megan know much about babies?
6. What leads Megan to believe Tilly Coogan must lead a lonely existence?
7. Why is Megan agitated by the fact that Patrick brought her a rose?
8. Where did Patrick get the playpen?
9. Why does Megan think it's a good thing that her parents have moved to Florida?
10. What does Patrick tease Megan about when they first meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Megan's and Patrick's families gather for a special holiday. Discuss the relationships that the protagonists have with their families in the novel "Thanksgiving".
Essay Topic 2
Thanksgiving is not only the title of the book, but a central event in the novel as well. Discuss the holiday and traditions associated with Thanksgiving, and how the holiday is used to further the plot in the novel "Thanksgiving".
Essay Topic 3
The novel, "Thanksgiving" is set in present-day Williamsburg, Virgina. Discuss how the setting contributes to and influences the plot of the novel.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)