|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patrick leave for Timmy in the kitchen?
2. What does Patrick agree to let Megan do if she joins him for dinner every night?
3. When does Megan say was the last time she got "dressed up"?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Megan share isn't her "cup of tea"?
5. How does Megan describe her parents' marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Megan know much about babies?
2. Why did Tilly move to Williamsburg?
3. Why does Megan carry the rabbit in her cloak?
4. What does Patrick give Megan in hopes of relieving her grief over Timmy leaving?
5. What is Megan's relationship with the horse like?
6. In what way was having Dave around the house "just like old times"?
7. What does Megan mean by saying Patrick's nose is "bogus"?
8. How does Megan react to "The Bridges of Madison County"?
9. Though she has been engaged twice before, in Chapter 6 what does Megan note she has never done before?
10. What leads Megan to believe Tilly Coogan must lead a lonely existence?
Essay Topic 1
Megan and Patrick have many ups and downs throughout the narrative. Discuss conflict in the novel "Thanksgiving". What are some common reasons for conflict between the leads? How do they resolve them?
Essay Topic 2
In the novel "Thanksgiving", there are two protagonists; Megan Murphy and Patrick Hunter. Describe these two characters in detail and the relationship between them.
Essay Topic 3
The author of "Thanksgiving", Janet Evanovich, is more well-known for her mystery novels, rather than her work in the romance novel genre. Discuss her previous work and how "Thanksgiving" compares to her other work.
This section contains 1,288 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)