|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4 where does Megan drive to on a Friday afternoon?
2. What becomes a ritual for Timmy and Megan over their few days together?
3. How many siblings does Megan have?
4. What had Patrick imagined Megan doing all day in Chapter 2?
5. Who is Martha Greenwald?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Megan do for a living?
2. What are Patrick's plans for Thanksgiving?
3. Why does Megan want Patrick to look after Timmy?
4. Where did Patrick get the playpen?
5. Why does Megan carry the rabbit in her cloak?
6. Why is Megan agitated by the fact that Patrick brought her a rose?
7. Describe Patrick's house.
8. What does Patrick tell Megan about Tilly Coogan?
9. What does Megan wear to the door when Patrick comes by to drop off Timmy in Chapter 3?
10. Why does Megan think Patrick is a bad "pet parent"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evanovich uses humorous dialogue and situations often in the novel "Thanksgiving". What effect does this humorous tone have on the novel and how would it be different if the novel were told in a more serious light?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Dave as Patrick's foil.
Essay Topic 3
Marriage is a constant element of the novel "Thanksgiving." Discuss the idea of marriage in the novel and how Megan and Patrick deal with the ever- present pressure associated with marriage.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)