Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday do Megan and Patrick discuss?
2. What subject does Megan have an interest in?
3. In what month did Megan move to Williamsburg?
4. Of whom does Megan say, "I think he's magic"?
5. Why does Megan say it's a good thing her parents moved away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Megan's relationship with the horse like?
2. What does Patrick have delivered to Megan's house and how can he afford it?
3. Why does Dave challenge Patrick to a competition?
4. Describe Patrick's house.
5. Why does Megan want Patrick to look after Timmy?
6. What complicates the delivery of the horse's foal?
7. Why does Megan think it's a good thing that her parents have moved to Florida?
8. Describe Dave, Megan's former fiance.
9. Without a car, what does Megan end up eating and why?
10. Explain Megan's failed college engagement.
The largest hurdle that Megan and Patrick must overcome in their relationship is their fear of commitment. Discuss why both Megan and Patrick are afraid to commit to the relationship and how they go about overcoming their fears.
Megan and Patrick have many ups and downs throughout the narrative. Discuss conflict in the novel "Thanksgiving". What are some common reasons for conflict between the leads? How do they resolve them?
Marriage is a constant element of the novel "Thanksgiving." Discuss the idea of marriage in the novel and how Megan and Patrick deal with the ever- present pressure associated with marriage.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)