|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Tilly Coogan?
2. How much time did Megan have to get ready for dinner with Patrick in Chapter 4?
3. When does Megan say was the last time she got "dressed up"?
4. What holiday do Megan and Patrick discuss?
5. What has Megan forgot to put on when she answers Patrick at her door?
Short Essay Questions
1. By Chapter 4, what had become a daily ritual for Megan and Timmy?
2. Why does Megan think it's a good thing that her parents have moved to Florida?
3. What does Megan wear to the door when Patrick comes by to drop off Timmy in Chapter 3?
4. Why does Patrick liken himself to Prince Charming at one point in Chapter 3?
5. What does Megan mean by saying Patrick's nose is "bogus"?
6. How does Megan end up promising to have supper with Patrick every night?
7. How does Megan feel about Patrick frequently touching her?
8. What does Tilly Coogan tell Megan when Tilly leaves her son with her?
9. Why does Megan want Patrick to look after Timmy?
10. Why does Megan carry the rabbit in her cloak?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evanovich uses humorous dialogue and situations often in the novel "Thanksgiving". What effect does this humorous tone have on the novel and how would it be different if the novel were told in a more serious light?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme that love overcomes all obstacles in regards to the novel "Thanksgiving". In what way does Megan's and Patrick's love overcome obstacles, and what obstacles do they overcome?
Essay Topic 3
Both Megan's and Patrick's families gather for a special holiday. Discuss the relationships that the protagonists have with their families in the novel "Thanksgiving".
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)