|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Megan say was the last time she got "dressed up"?
2. What do Patrick and Megan have for dinner on their first date?
3. How long does Tilly say she'll be gone for?
4. When they first meet, who does Tilly Coogan believe Megan to be?
5. What is Megan Murphy doing in the park at the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Patrick's plans for Thanksgiving?
2. What does Megan mean by saying Patrick's nose is "bogus"?
3. By Chapter 4, what had become a daily ritual for Megan and Timmy?
4. Why doesn't Megan know much about babies?
5. What leads Megan to believe Tilly Coogan must lead a lonely existence?
6. Where do Patrick and Megan go on their first date?
7. Why does Patrick liken himself to Prince Charming at one point in Chapter 3?
8. What does Patrick tell Megan about Tilly Coogan?
9. Why does Megan think Patrick is a bad "pet parent"?
10. How does Megan feel about Patrick frequently touching her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marriage is a constant element of the novel "Thanksgiving." Discuss the idea of marriage in the novel and how Megan and Patrick deal with the ever- present pressure associated with marriage.
Essay Topic 2
The novel "Thanksgiving" is an example of a romance novel. Discuss the characteristics of the romance novel and why "Thanksgiving" is an example of this genre.
Essay Topic 3
A few situations in the novel can be deemed as improbable or far-fetched. Discuss the reader's need to suspend disbelief to appreciate the story. Also, what are some examples of improbable situations in the novel?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)