|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patrick agree to let Megan do if she joins him for dinner every night?
2. At what Time does Patrick drop Timmy off at Megan's in the morning?
3. What instrument does a minstrel play in the restaurant?
4. What does Megan change into before answering Patrick at her door?
5. Who is Timmy Coogan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Patrick's plans for Thanksgiving?
2. By Chapter 4, what had become a daily ritual for Megan and Timmy?
3. What does Patrick tease Megan about when they first meet?
4. How does Megan feel about Patrick frequently touching her?
5. What question does Megan think Patrick is going to ask her after in Chapter 4?
6. What does Tilly Coogan tell Megan when Tilly leaves her son with her?
7. Why doesn't Megan know much about babies?
8. What leads Megan to believe Tilly Coogan must lead a lonely existence?
9. What does Patrick say he would do with Timmy if Tilly never returned?
10. Where do Patrick and Megan go on their first date?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dave as Patrick's foil.
Essay Topic 2
The novel "Thanksgiving" is an example of a romance novel. Discuss the characteristics of the romance novel and why "Thanksgiving" is an example of this genre.
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of the novel, Megan is thrust into a situation where she is compelled to look after a young infant. Prior to this experience, Megan was uncomfortable around babies and had not thought about motherhood. Discuss how the experience with Timmy changes Megan and awakens her maternal instincts.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)