|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Megan wearing at the beginning of the novel?
2. What color is Megan's hair?
3. How much time did Megan have to get ready for dinner with Patrick in Chapter 4?
4. How does Megan describe Patrick Hunter when she first meets him?
5. How many siblings does Megan have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Megan think it's a good thing that her parents have moved to Florida?
2. After Dave leaves, what does Megan announce she will do?
3. What does Patrick tell Megan about Tilly Coogan?
4. What leads Megan to believe Tilly Coogan must lead a lonely existence?
5. Why doesn't Megan kiss Timmy good-bye?
6. What does Patrick have delivered to Megan's house and how can he afford it?
7. By Chapter 4, what had become a daily ritual for Megan and Timmy?
8. What does Tilly Coogan tell Megan when Tilly leaves her son with her?
9. Where did Patrick get the playpen?
10. Why doesn't Megan know much about babies?
Essay Topic 1
A few situations in the novel can be deemed as improbable or far-fetched. Discuss the reader's need to suspend disbelief to appreciate the story. Also, what are some examples of improbable situations in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
In the novel "Thanksgiving", there are two protagonists; Megan Murphy and Patrick Hunter. Describe these two characters in detail and the relationship between them.
Essay Topic 3
Marriage is a constant element of the novel "Thanksgiving." Discuss the idea of marriage in the novel and how Megan and Patrick deal with the ever- present pressure associated with marriage.
This section contains 1,221 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)