Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Megan's possessions does the animal in the park chew on?
2. How much time did Megan have to get ready for dinner with Patrick in Chapter 4?
3. At dinner, what does Megan say she's been waiting for Patrick to do?
4. Of whom does Megan say, "I think he's magic"?
5. In which city does the novel take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Megan think it's a good thing that her parents have moved to Florida?
2. What happens when Patrick pursues Megan in his car?
3. What does Megan decide she needs soon after Timmy leaves?
4. What does Patrick give Megan in hopes of relieving her grief over Timmy leaving?
5. Why does Patrick put the animated film on the TV first?
6. What does Megan do for a living?
7. Why is Megan agitated by the fact that Patrick brought her a rose?
8. How does Dave act as he's laid-up on Megan's couch?
9. What does Megan think Patrick's house would be a perfect setting for?
10. Why does Megan want Patrick to look after Timmy?
The largest hurdle that Megan and Patrick must overcome in their relationship is their fear of commitment. Discuss why both Megan and Patrick are afraid to commit to the relationship and how they go about overcoming their fears.
A few situations in the novel can be deemed as improbable or far-fetched. Discuss the reader's need to suspend disbelief to appreciate the story. Also, what are some examples of improbable situations in the novel?
Discuss the conclusion of the novel "Thanksgiving". How did you react to the ending? Is it predictable? Surprising?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)