|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship does Megan want with Patrick?
2. What holiday do Megan and Patrick discuss?
3. What color is Megan's hair?
4. What does Megan listen to briefly outside Bruton Parish Church?
5. What does Patrick do to Megan after he drops Timmy off at her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Megan resolve to do in preparation for Thanksgiving dinner?
2. What does Patrick tell Megan about Tilly Coogan?
3. Why does Megan want Patrick to look after Timmy?
4. Describe Patrick's house.
5. Why didn't Lenny know about Tilly's pregnancy?
6. Who do Megan and Patrick make toasts to in Chapter 6?
7. How does Megan react to "The Bridges of Madison County"?
8. Describe Dave, Megan's former fiance.
9. Why does Patrick liken himself to Prince Charming at one point in Chapter 3?
10. Why does Dave challenge Patrick to a competition?
Essay Topic 1
The novel "Thanksgiving" is written in third-person point of view, from the perspectives of Megan and Patrick. Discuss how this point of view affects the reader's understanding of the characters, as well as their motivations in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Evanovich uses humorous dialogue and situations often in the novel "Thanksgiving". What effect does this humorous tone have on the novel and how would it be different if the novel were told in a more serious light?
Essay Topic 3
The largest hurdle that Megan and Patrick must overcome in their relationship is their fear of commitment. Discuss why both Megan and Patrick are afraid to commit to the relationship and how they go about overcoming their fears.
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)