|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Patrick liken himself to when he realizes he has to wake Megan up?
2. What does Patrick say he will do if Timmy's mother Tilly doesn't return?
3. In Chapter 3, what does Megan think Patrick's living room is perfect for?
4. What is the book Megan reads to Timmy about?
5. What kind of relationship does Megan want with Patrick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Megan to believe Tilly Coogan must lead a lonely existence?
2. Why does Patrick dismiss any possibility of living with Megan before marriage?
3. Why does Patrick put the animated film on the TV first?
4. What does Megan do for a living?
5. What does Megan think Patrick's house would be a perfect setting for?
6. Why does Megan want Patrick to look after Timmy?
7. Describe Patrick's house.
8. How does Megan justify the TV being located in Pat's room?
9. What does Tilly Coogan tell Megan when Tilly leaves her son with her?
10. What are Patrick's thoughts about his pretend family when he wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conclusion of the novel "Thanksgiving". How did you react to the ending? Is it predictable? Surprising?
Essay Topic 2
What is your overall opinion of the novel "Thanksgiving"? What are its strengths and weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
In the novel "Thanksgiving", there are two protagonists; Megan Murphy and Patrick Hunter. Describe these two characters in detail and the relationship between them.
This section contains 1,245 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)