|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Patrick say he can't be left with the baby?
2. At dinner, what does Megan say she's been waiting for Patrick to do?
3. Why does Megan insist that Patrick not hire a babysitter?
4. How many sisters does Patrick have?
5. What word does Timmy say on his first day with Megan?
Short Essay Questions
1. By Chapter 4, what had become a daily ritual for Megan and Timmy?
2. What leads Megan to believe Tilly Coogan must lead a lonely existence?
3. Why is Megan agitated by the fact that Patrick brought her a rose?
4. Why does Patrick liken himself to Prince Charming at one point in Chapter 3?
5. Describe Patrick's house.
6. Why does Megan think it's a good thing that her parents have moved to Florida?
7. What does Megan wear to the door when Patrick comes by to drop off Timmy in Chapter 3?
8. What does Patrick tease Megan about when they first meet?
9. How does Megan feel about Patrick frequently touching her?
10. What are Patrick's plans for Thanksgiving?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What moment in the novel is considered the climax of the novel "Thanksgiving" and why?
Essay Topic 2
The novel, "Thanksgiving" is set in present-day Williamsburg, Virgina. Discuss how the setting contributes to and influences the plot of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In the novel "Thanksgiving", there are two protagonists; Megan Murphy and Patrick Hunter. Describe these two characters in detail and the relationship between them.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)