Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday do Megan and Patrick discuss?
2. What subject does Megan have an interest in?
3. In what month did Megan move to Williamsburg?
4. Of whom does Megan say, "I think he's magic"?
5. Why does Megan say it's a good thing her parents moved away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Megan's relationship with the horse like?
2. What does Patrick have delivered to Megan's house and how can he afford it?
3. Why does Dave challenge Patrick to a competition?
4. Describe Patrick's house.
5. Why does Megan want Patrick to look after Timmy?
6. What complicates the delivery of the horse's foal?
7. Why does Megan think it's a good thing that her parents have moved to Florida?
8. Describe Dave, Megan's former fiance.
9. Without a car, what does Megan end up eating and why?
10. Explain Megan's failed college engagement.
Essay Topic 1
Evanovich uses humorous dialogue and situations often in the novel "Thanksgiving". What effect does this humorous tone have on the novel and how would it be different if the novel were told in a more serious light?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme that love overcomes all obstacles in regards to the novel "Thanksgiving". In what way does Megan's and Patrick's love overcome obstacles, and what obstacles do they overcome?
Essay Topic 3
Megan and Patrick have many ups and downs throughout the narrative. Discuss conflict in the novel "Thanksgiving". What are some common reasons for conflict between the leads? How do they resolve them?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)