|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dave?
2. When does Megan say was the last time she got "dressed up"?
3. What do Patrick and Megan eat while they discuss what to do about Timmy?
4. What vehicle passes Megan as she is sitting on a bench?
5. What does Megan listen to briefly outside Bruton Parish Church?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Megan feel about Patrick frequently touching her?
2. Where did Patrick get the playpen?
3. What does Patrick tease Megan about when they first meet?
4. What are Patrick's plans for Thanksgiving?
5. What does Megan resolve to do in preparation for Thanksgiving dinner?
6. Where do Patrick and Megan go on their first date?
7. What does Patrick tell Megan about Tilly Coogan?
8. By Chapter 4, what had become a daily ritual for Megan and Timmy?
9. What does Megan mean by saying Patrick's nose is "bogus"?
10. Why does Megan think it's a good thing that her parents have moved to Florida?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The novel "Thanksgiving" is written in third-person point of view, from the perspectives of Megan and Patrick. Discuss how this point of view affects the reader's understanding of the characters, as well as their motivations in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Evanovich uses humorous dialogue and situations often in the novel "Thanksgiving". What effect does this humorous tone have on the novel and how would it be different if the novel were told in a more serious light?
Essay Topic 3
The author of "Thanksgiving", Janet Evanovich, is more well-known for her mystery novels, rather than her work in the romance novel genre. Discuss her previous work and how "Thanksgiving" compares to her other work.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)