|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Patrick cooking when Megan first visits his house?
2. In Chapter 3, what does Megan think Patrick's living room is perfect for?
3. How old is Tilly Coogan?
4. How many sisters does Patrick have?
5. When does Megan say was the last time she got "dressed up"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Megan mean by saying Patrick's nose is "bogus"?
2. Why does Megan think Patrick is a bad "pet parent"?
3. Where did Patrick get the playpen?
4. Why is Megan agitated by the fact that Patrick brought her a rose?
5. Where do Patrick and Megan go on their first date?
6. Describe Patrick's house.
7. What does Tilly Coogan tell Megan when Tilly leaves her son with her?
8. By Chapter 4, what had become a daily ritual for Megan and Timmy?
9. Why does Megan want Patrick to look after Timmy?
10. How does Megan end up promising to have supper with Patrick every night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conclusion of the novel "Thanksgiving". How did you react to the ending? Is it predictable? Surprising?
Essay Topic 2
The author of "Thanksgiving", Janet Evanovich, is more well-known for her mystery novels, rather than her work in the romance novel genre. Discuss her previous work and how "Thanksgiving" compares to her other work.
Essay Topic 3
Evanovich uses humorous dialogue and situations often in the novel "Thanksgiving". What effect does this humorous tone have on the novel and how would it be different if the novel were told in a more serious light?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)