|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time did Megan have to get ready for dinner with Patrick in Chapter 4?
2. What does Megan decide would be "totally painful"?
3. Who is Dave?
4. How is Megan helping a college faculty member?
5. Who is Timmy Coogan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Patrick get the playpen?
2. Why does Megan think Patrick is a bad "pet parent"?
3. Why does Megan want Patrick to look after Timmy?
4. What does Patrick say he would do with Timmy if Tilly never returned?
5. Why is Megan agitated by the fact that Patrick brought her a rose?
6. What does Patrick tell Megan about Tilly Coogan?
7. By Chapter 4, what had become a daily ritual for Megan and Timmy?
8. Why does Patrick liken himself to Prince Charming at one point in Chapter 3?
9. How does Megan feel about Patrick frequently touching her?
10. Describe Patrick's house.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A few situations in the novel can be deemed as improbable or far-fetched. Discuss the reader's need to suspend disbelief to appreciate the story. Also, what are some examples of improbable situations in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the novel, Megan is thrust into a situation where she is compelled to look after a young infant. Prior to this experience, Megan was uncomfortable around babies and had not thought about motherhood. Discuss how the experience with Timmy changes Megan and awakens her maternal instincts.
Essay Topic 3
The novel "Thanksgiving" is an example of a romance novel. Discuss the characteristics of the romance novel and why "Thanksgiving" is an example of this genre.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)