|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time did Megan have to get ready for dinner with Patrick in Chapter 4?
2. What is Megan wearing at the beginning of the novel?
3. How long does Tilly say she'll be gone for?
4. How is Megan helping a college faculty member?
5. In what month did Megan move to Williamsburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. By Chapter 4, what had become a daily ritual for Megan and Timmy?
2. What does Megan resolve to do in preparation for Thanksgiving dinner?
3. How does Megan end up promising to have supper with Patrick every night?
4. What does Patrick say he would do with Timmy if Tilly never returned?
5. What are Patrick's plans for Thanksgiving?
6. Why does Megan carry the rabbit in her cloak?
7. What does Tilly Coogan tell Megan when Tilly leaves her son with her?
8. Describe Patrick's house.
9. Why doesn't Megan know much about babies?
10. Why does Megan think Patrick is a bad "pet parent"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Megan and Patrick invite their families over for a joint Thanksgiving meal. Both sets of parents quickly begin to meddle in the affairs of their children, encouraging marriage. Discuss the parents' role in the issues faced by Megan and Patrick concerning marriage.
Essay Topic 2
What is your overall opinion of the novel "Thanksgiving"? What are its strengths and weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of the novel, Megan is thrust into a situation where she is compelled to look after a young infant. Prior to this experience, Megan was uncomfortable around babies and had not thought about motherhood. Discuss how the experience with Timmy changes Megan and awakens her maternal instincts.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)