|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Patrick raised?
2. What becomes a ritual for Timmy and Megan over their few days together?
3. What does Patrick Hunter do for a living?
4. When they first meet, who does Tilly Coogan believe Megan to be?
5. What does Patrick suppose Megan has been imagining about him through the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. By Chapter 4, what had become a daily ritual for Megan and Timmy?
2. What does Tilly Coogan tell Megan when Tilly leaves her son with her?
3. What does Megan mean by saying Patrick's nose is "bogus"?
4. Why does Megan think Patrick is a bad "pet parent"?
5. What leads Megan to believe Tilly Coogan must lead a lonely existence?
6. Why does Megan want Patrick to look after Timmy?
7. Where do Patrick and Megan go on their first date?
8. What does Patrick say he would do with Timmy if Tilly never returned?
9. What are Patrick's plans for Thanksgiving?
10. What does Megan do for a living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the dialogue used in the novel "Thanksgiving". How would you describe the dialogue and what effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
A few situations in the novel can be deemed as improbable or far-fetched. Discuss the reader's need to suspend disbelief to appreciate the story. Also, what are some examples of improbable situations in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Thanksgiving is not only the title of the book, but a central event in the novel as well. Discuss the holiday and traditions associated with Thanksgiving, and how the holiday is used to further the plot in the novel "Thanksgiving".
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)