|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Patrick imagined Megan doing all day in Chapter 2?
2. What does Patrick Hunter do for a living?
3. Why does Megan track down Patrick Hunter?
4. What does Patrick mention stealing in med school?
5. Where was Patrick raised?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Megan resolve to do in preparation for Thanksgiving dinner?
2. What does Patrick tease Megan about when they first meet?
3. Where do Patrick and Megan go on their first date?
4. Why does Megan think it's a good thing that her parents have moved to Florida?
5. Why is Megan agitated by the fact that Patrick brought her a rose?
6. What does Patrick tell Megan about Tilly Coogan?
7. What are Patrick's plans for Thanksgiving?
8. What question does Megan think Patrick is going to ask her after in Chapter 4?
9. What leads Megan to believe Tilly Coogan must lead a lonely existence?
10. Why does Megan want Patrick to look after Timmy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thanksgiving is not only the title of the book, but a central event in the novel as well. Discuss the holiday and traditions associated with Thanksgiving, and how the holiday is used to further the plot in the novel "Thanksgiving".
Essay Topic 2
Marriage is a constant element of the novel "Thanksgiving." Discuss the idea of marriage in the novel and how Megan and Patrick deal with the ever- present pressure associated with marriage.
Essay Topic 3
The author of "Thanksgiving", Janet Evanovich, is more well-known for her mystery novels, rather than her work in the romance novel genre. Discuss her previous work and how "Thanksgiving" compares to her other work.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)