|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Megan's possessions does the animal in the park chew on?
2. What does Megan find Patrick has left for her in the kitchen?
3. What becomes a ritual for Timmy and Megan over their few days together?
4. What does Patrick say he will do if Timmy's mother Tilly doesn't return?
5. What is Megan preparing when Patrick returns from work in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Megan end up promising to have supper with Patrick every night?
2. What does Megan mean by saying Patrick's nose is "bogus"?
3. What does Megan do for a living?
4. Why does Megan think it's a good thing that her parents have moved to Florida?
5. How does Megan feel about Patrick frequently touching her?
6. What does Megan wear to the door when Patrick comes by to drop off Timmy in Chapter 3?
7. Why is Megan agitated by the fact that Patrick brought her a rose?
8. What does Patrick tease Megan about when they first meet?
9. By Chapter 4, what had become a daily ritual for Megan and Timmy?
10. Where did Patrick get the playpen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evanovich uses humorous dialogue and situations often in the novel "Thanksgiving". What effect does this humorous tone have on the novel and how would it be different if the novel were told in a more serious light?
Essay Topic 2
Thanksgiving is not only the title of the book, but a central event in the novel as well. Discuss the holiday and traditions associated with Thanksgiving, and how the holiday is used to further the plot in the novel "Thanksgiving".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conclusion of the novel "Thanksgiving". How did you react to the ending? Is it predictable? Surprising?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)