|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Megan describe her parents' marriage?
2. What does Patrick Hunter do for a living?
3. What had Patrick imagined Megan doing all day in Chapter 2?
4. Which of Megan's possessions does the animal in the park chew on?
5. How old is Megan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Patrick's house.
2. Why is Megan agitated by the fact that Patrick brought her a rose?
3. Why doesn't Megan know much about babies?
4. What leads Megan to believe Tilly Coogan must lead a lonely existence?
5. Why does Megan think it's a good thing that her parents have moved to Florida?
6. Why does Megan want Patrick to look after Timmy?
7. What does Patrick say he would do with Timmy if Tilly never returned?
8. What does Megan resolve to do in preparation for Thanksgiving dinner?
9. By Chapter 4, what had become a daily ritual for Megan and Timmy?
10. What are Patrick's plans for Thanksgiving?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evanovich uses humorous dialogue and situations often in the novel "Thanksgiving". What effect does this humorous tone have on the novel and how would it be different if the novel were told in a more serious light?
Essay Topic 2
Thanksgiving is not only the title of the book, but a central event in the novel as well. Discuss the holiday and traditions associated with Thanksgiving, and how the holiday is used to further the plot in the novel "Thanksgiving".
Essay Topic 3
The author of "Thanksgiving", Janet Evanovich, is more well-known for her mystery novels, rather than her work in the romance novel genre. Discuss her previous work and how "Thanksgiving" compares to her other work.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)