|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Megan say she has never seen up close?
2. How does Megan describe Patrick's bedroom?
3. Who is Dave?
4. Where do Megan's parents live?
5. What does Megan find Patrick has left for her in the kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Patrick liken himself to Prince Charming at one point in Chapter 3?
2. What does Patrick tease Megan about when they first meet?
3. What question does Megan think Patrick is going to ask her after in Chapter 4?
4. What does Patrick say he would do with Timmy if Tilly never returned?
5. Describe Patrick's house.
6. Why does Megan want Patrick to look after Timmy?
7. How does Megan feel about Patrick frequently touching her?
8. What does Patrick tell Megan about Tilly Coogan?
9. What leads Megan to believe Tilly Coogan must lead a lonely existence?
10. Why is Megan agitated by the fact that Patrick brought her a rose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme that love overcomes all obstacles in regards to the novel "Thanksgiving". In what way does Megan's and Patrick's love overcome obstacles, and what obstacles do they overcome?
Essay Topic 2
The novel "Thanksgiving" is written in third-person point of view, from the perspectives of Megan and Patrick. Discuss how this point of view affects the reader's understanding of the characters, as well as their motivations in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In the novel "Thanksgiving", there are two protagonists; Megan Murphy and Patrick Hunter. Describe these two characters in detail and the relationship between them.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)