Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday do Megan and Patrick discuss?
2. What subject does Megan have an interest in?
3. In what month did Megan move to Williamsburg?
4. Of whom does Megan say, "I think he's magic"?
5. Why does Megan say it's a good thing her parents moved away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Megan's relationship with the horse like?
2. What does Patrick have delivered to Megan's house and how can he afford it?
3. Why does Dave challenge Patrick to a competition?
4. Describe Patrick's house.
5. Why does Megan want Patrick to look after Timmy?
6. What complicates the delivery of the horse's foal?
7. Why does Megan think it's a good thing that her parents have moved to Florida?
8. Describe Dave, Megan's former fiance.
9. Without a car, what does Megan end up eating and why?
10. Explain Megan's failed college engagement.
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of the novel, Megan is thrust into a situation where she is compelled to look after a young infant. Prior to this experience, Megan was uncomfortable around babies and had not thought about motherhood. Discuss how the experience with Timmy changes Megan and awakens her maternal instincts.
Essay Topic 2
In the novel "Thanksgiving", there are two protagonists; Megan Murphy and Patrick Hunter. Describe these two characters in detail and the relationship between them.
Essay Topic 3
The largest hurdle that Megan and Patrick must overcome in their relationship is their fear of commitment. Discuss why both Megan and Patrick are afraid to commit to the relationship and how they go about overcoming their fears.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)