|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the false banquet scene, Gonzalo catches on to Antonio's and Sebastian's plan but identifies the wrong motivation for it. What does he believe their motivation to be?
(a) Guilt for past deeds.
(b) Desire for power.
(c) Desire for blood.
(d) Lust for Miranda.
2. Prospero distracts the three men from their plan of revenge; who distracts Prospero from his?
3. In Act V, Scene I, who do Sebastian and Antonio make jokes about after Ariel brings everyone back?
4. What does Prospero conjure in order to derange Alonso, Gonzalo, Antonio and Sebastian while they are resting?
(a) A banquet table of food.
(b) The rest of the men.
(d) Their ship.
5. What does Prospero throw into the ocean?
(a) His king's robe.
(b) His magic book.
(c) His old crown.
(d) His magical staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prospero conjure the spirits to dance for Ferdinand and Miranda?
2. What distracts Trinculo and Stephano from their original plan?
3. At the beginning of Act III, Scene II, who does Caliban vow to serve?
4. What does Alonso wonder about when he sees that Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban are intoxicated?
5. What is the banquet supposed to elicit in the men?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)