|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Prospero conjure the spirits to dance for Ferdinand and Miranda?
(a) He wanted to display his power to Ferdinand.
(b) He saw Ferdinand getting too close to Miranda.
(c) He was bored and wanted the entertainment.
(d) He wanted to surprise them with an early wedding gift.
2. What subplot comes to an end at the completion of Act IV, Scene I?
(a) Ariel's dedication to Prospero.
(b) The deal between Prospero and Ariel.
(c) Prospero's use of his magical powers.
(d) The plan by Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano to kill Prospero.
3. What are Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban arguing about in their drunken stupor?
(a) How they will kill Prospero.
(b) Which one of them will marry Miranda.
(c) Where the ship has gone.
(d) Whether or not they have been fooled by the island spirit.
4. Who listens in on Caliban's and Stephano's conversation?
5. Why do Trinculo and Stephano threaten to beat Caliban?
(a) They believe he lost their bottles of wine.
(b) They think he will back out of their plan to murder Prospero.
(c) They think he is leading them in circles.
(d) They believe he is lying to them about the island spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the beginning of Act III, Scene II, what is the state of Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
2. Why do Sebastian and Antonio vow to help Alonso find Ferdinand following the banquet?
3. Under what circumstances will Prospero curse Ferdinand's and Miranda's marriage?
4. In Act IV, Scene I, how is Prospero feeling toward Caliban?
5. What spirits does Prospero conjure after blessing Ferdinand and Miranda's marriage?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)