|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prospero tease Stephano about at the end of the play?
(a) The gaudy apparel he has on.
(b) Wanting to be king.
(c) How easy it was to fool him.
(d) His partnership with Caliban.
2. In Act V, Scene I, who do Sebastian and Antonio make jokes about after Ariel brings everyone back?
3. What motif does the scene between Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano and their assassination plan reflect?
(a) The magic motif.
(b) The conspiracy motif.
(c) The tempest motif.
(d) The Ariel motif.
4. What do Antonio, Alonso, Sebastian and Gonzalo learn about the ship in Act V, Scene I?
(a) That the ship and crew set sail without them.
(b) That the ship has been destroyed.
(c) That all of the crew are dead.
(d) That the ship and crew are safe.
5. What does Prospero realize about himself when Ariel tells him about the men in the cave?
(a) That he is delighted the men are so miserable.
(b) That he is mad with power.
(c) That he does not want to leave the island.
(d) That all he desired was their apology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alonso do when Prospero reveals Ferdinand and Miranda to him?
2. What is the parallel to Trinculo and Stephano dressing up in borrowed clothes?
3. Where are the other men, following the drunken scene with Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban?
4. Who does Caliban talk about at length to Stephano?
5. When Trinculo and Stephano wonder where the music is coming from, what is Caliban's reasoning?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)