|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After sending Ariel to release the men from the cave, what does Prospero vow to do?
(a) Let go of his power and release the spirits.
(b) Break up the union between Miranda and Ferdinand.
(c) Kill Antonio, Sebastian and Alonso.
(d) Not to rest until his revenge is complete.
2. Why does Alonso believe, following the false banquet, that Ferdinand is dead?
(a) Because the dancing spirits showed him Ferdinand's dead body.
(b) Because he is a corrupt and evil king.
(c) Because he played a role in Prospero's and Miranda's banishment.
(d) Because they would have found him by now.
3. In speaking to Stephano, what does Caliban describe as very important?
(a) Learning how to fight.
(c) Prospero's books.
(d) Taking over the island.
4. What does Gonzalo contrast to the character of his present company during the banquet?
(a) The dancing spirits Prospero conjures.
(b) Miranda and Ferdinand.
(c) Trinculo, Caliban and Stephano.
5. What sound does Prospero conjure to frighten Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban?
(a) Screams of the other men.
(b) The sound of hunting dogs.
(c) The sound of cracking thunder.
(d) Whispers in the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What spirits does Prospero conjure after blessing Ferdinand and Miranda's marriage?
2. Why do Trinculo and Stephano threaten to beat Caliban?
3. What does Prospero comment on in regard to Antonio and Sebastian?
4. Who listens in on Caliban's and Stephano's conversation?
5. In the false banquet scene, what characteristic of Gonzalo is revealed that he shares with Miranda and Ferdinand?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)