Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After sending Ariel to release the men from the cave, what does Prospero vow to do?
(a) Kill Antonio, Sebastian and Alonso.
(b) Not to rest until his revenge is complete.
(c) Break up the union between Miranda and Ferdinand.
(d) Let go of his power and release the spirits.
2. What does Prospero order Ariel to fetch when he is ready to reveal his identity to the men?
(a) Miranda and Ferdnand.
(b) His magical staff.
(c) His magic book.
(d) His old clothes from Milan.
3. In Act IV, Scene I, how is Prospero feeling toward Caliban?
(a) Prospero feels betrayed by Caliban.
(b) Prospero wants to befriend Caliban.
(c) Prospero feels sorry for Caliban.
(d) Prospero is disgusted with Caliban.
4. What does Gonzalo contrast to the character of his present company during the banquet?
(b) The dancing spirits Prospero conjures.
(c) Miranda and Ferdinand.
(d) Trinculo, Caliban and Stephano.
5. What is Prospero surprised at when Ariel tells him that Antonio, Alonso, Sebastian and Gonzalo are upset and remorseful?
(a) That Ariel has not enjoyed inflicting pain on them.
(b) That Ariel, a spirit, feels compassion for them.
(c) That Ariel does not care about them.
(d) That Ariel did not follow his orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prospero tell the spirits to do?
2. What does Prospero say about Caliban's distorted looks?
3. What does Stephano admit to Prospero at the end of the play?
4. What does Prospero ask in his soliloquy at the play's end?
5. Why does Prospero abruptly stop the marriage ceremony and change his mood?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)