|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago was Antonio's usurpation of Prospero's throne in Milan?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Seventeen years.
2. What does Miranda regret doing while talking to Ferdinand?
(a) Telling him her name.
(b) Offering to help him.
(c) Going against her father's wishes.
(d) Not acting ladylike.
3. Who is not lulled to sleep in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Gonzalo and Sebastian.
(b) Antonio and Sebastian.
(c) Alonso and Sebastian.
(d) Antonio and Gonzalo.
4. Who thwarts Antonio's and Sebastian's plan in Act II, Scene I?
5. Trinculo views Caliban's willingness to serve as a sign of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In his soliloquy, what does Ferdinand say makes his job easier?
2. What does Miranda do when Ferdinand confesses his love for her?
3. Caliban is the offspring of
4. What does Sebastian wonder about Antonio and his usurpation of Prospero's throne?
5. What does Antonio offer to do in order to persuade Sebastian to go along with the plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act II, Scene I, Ariel lulls Gonzalo, Adrian and Alonso to sleep. Why not Antonio and Sebastian?
2. What is the reason Prospero gives for Miranda's attraction to Ferdinand?
3. What is the tempest in Ariel's and Prospero's relationship?
4. How does the audience learn about Ariel's past on the island?
5. How do you think Miranda's and Ferdinand's union can positively affect Prospero?
6. How does Antonio persuade Sebastian to go along with the plan to assassinate Alonso and take over Naples?
7. What is the basic understanding of Antonio's and Prospero's history?
8. Why does Prospero create the tempest? What is his initial incentive?
9. Why does Prospero render Ferdinand immobile during Act I, Scene II?
10. How does the audience learn about Caliban's past on the island?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)