Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does one character finally get Caliban to calm down in Act II, Scene II?
(a) By saying nice things to Caliban.
(b) By giving him money.
(c) By singing him a song.
(d) By giving Caliban wine.
2. Why does Trinculo hide underneath Caliban's robes?
(a) He wants to be safe from the island's spirits.
(b) He heard noises in the distance and is afraid.
(c) Caliban promises to protect him.
(d) He hears thunder and thinks another storm is coming.
3. Gonzalo's attempt to comfort his king are mocked by whom?
(a) Antonio, Adrian and Alonso.
(b) Antonio, Sebastian and Adrian
(c) Sebastian, Adrian and Alonso.
(d) Antonio, Sebastian and Alonso.
4. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
(a) His people are sympathetic and pitied them.
(b) His people would have then killed Antonio.
(c) His people loved him and would resent Antonio for the murder.
(d) His people are peaceful and not aggressive.
5. Why does Stephano believe that Caliban and Trinculo are some sort of wild beasts when he sees them under the blanket?
(a) He has little education.
(b) He has bad vision.
(c) He is ignorant.
(d) He is drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
2. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
3. Prospero and Miranda were given provisions and books on the boat by
4. What is one thing about Caliban that Stephano finds amazing?
5. Who assures Miranda that Ferdinand is a man and not a spirit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Prospero will actually give up his magic? He only talks of it, but does not actually do it. Why or why not?
2. What is the tempest in Ariel's and Prospero's relationship?
3. How does Prospero's treatment of Caliban mirror Antonio's past treatment of Prospero?
4. In Act II, Scene I, Ariel lulls Gonzalo, Adrian and Alonso to sleep. Why not Antonio and Sebastian?
5. In Act III, Scene I, Ferdinand recites a soliloquy as he stacks wood. What does he talk about?
6. How are Miranda and Ferdinand different, but also the same?
7. Describe the tempest and how it is developed metaphorically throughout the play and eventually ended.
8. Describe Prospero's journey that leads to his transformation at the end of the play.
9. What is the basic understanding of Antonio's and Prospero's history?
10. What spirits does Prospero summon for the magical performance when he sees Ferdinand getting too close to Miranda?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)