|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ariel bring back at Prospero's request?
(c) The Boatswain.
2. Who does Prospero feel betrayed by in Act IV, Scene I?
3. In Act IV, Scene I, Prospero's speech mirrors that of which other character?
4. What does Prospero comment on in regard to Alonso and Antonio?
(a) Their kindness.
(b) Their cruelty.
(c) Their penitence.
(d) Their stupidity.
5. What does Ariel ask Prospero before going to fetch Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
(a) If Prospero loves Ariel.
(b) Why Prospero is doing all of this.
(c) What should Ariel dress up as this time.
(d) If Prospero will teach Ariel magic.
6. What is Prospero surprised at when Ariel tells him that Antonio, Alonso, Sebastian and Gonzalo are upset and remorseful?
(a) That Ariel did not follow his orders.
(b) That Ariel has not enjoyed inflicting pain on them.
(c) That Ariel, a spirit, feels compassion for them.
(d) That Ariel does not care about them.
7. What do Antonio, Alonso, Sebastian and Gonzalo learn about the ship in Act V, Scene I?
(a) That the ship and crew set sail without them.
(b) That the ship and crew are safe.
(c) That the ship has been destroyed.
(d) That all of the crew are dead.
8. While discussing the plan with Caliban, what is Stephano's main objective?
(a) To kill Caliban.
(b) To escape back to the ship.
(c) To marry Miranda.
(d) To find his shipmates.
9. What does Prospero bury in the earth?
(a) A map of the island.
(b) His magic book.
(c) Letters he has written.
(d) His magical staff.
10. How does Ariel appear to the men during the banquet?
(a) Dressed like a nymph.
(b) In a monstrous disguise.
(c) As himself.
(d) Dressed like Prospero.
11. What sound does Prospero conjure to frighten Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban?
(a) Screams of the other men.
(b) Whispers in the forest.
(c) The sound of hunting dogs.
(d) The sound of cracking thunder.
12. What does the banquet scene reveal about Alonso, Sebastian and Antonio?
(a) That Antonio and Sebastian feel guilt for what they did, while Alonso does not.
(b) That Alonso feels guilt for what he did, while the other two do not.
(c) That the men are easily fooled.
(d) That Alonso, Antonio and Sebastian do not feel guilt for what they did.
13. Who are "the rabble"?
(a) Gonzalo, Miranda and Ferdinand.
(b) Alonso, Antonio and Sebastian.
(c) Stephano, Trinculo and Caliban.
(d) Ariel, Prospero and Miranda.
14. What does Caliban curse himself for foolishly believing?
(a) That he would own the island.
(b) That Miranda would marry him.
(c) That Prospero will release him from servitude.
(d) That Stephano is a god.
15. Who provides music and sings along with Stephano and Trinculo?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alonso do when Prospero reveals Ferdinand and Miranda to him?
2. Who listens in on Caliban's and Stephano's conversation?
3. What part of the scene in which Caliban plans the assassination is somewhat poetic and shows the depth of Caliban?
4. What is the banquet supposed to elicit in the men?
5. Why does Prospero want the men to see a banquet and then have it taken away?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)