|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alonso do when Prospero reveals Ferdinand and Miranda to him?
(a) He blesses their marriage.
(b) He tries to kill Prospero for hiding him.
(c) He tells Ferdinand that he will not wed Miranda.
(d) He falls in love with Miranda.
2. Who does Ariel bring back at Prospero's request?
(c) The Boatswain.
3. Prospero distracts the three men from their plan of revenge; who distracts Prospero from his?
4. What distracts Trinculo and Stephano from their original plan?
(a) The clothes Prospero set out, which they try on.
(b) The mysterious sounds in the forest.
(c) Caliban's distorted visage.
(d) Their fear of the island spirit Caliban spoke of.
5. What do Antonio, Alonso, Sebastian and Gonzalo learn about the ship in Act V, Scene I?
(a) That the ship has been destroyed.
(b) That the ship and crew are safe.
(c) That the ship and crew set sail without them.
(d) That all of the crew are dead.
6. Why do Sebastian and Antonio vow to help Alonso find Ferdinand following the banquet?
(a) They wish to carry out their murderous plan.
(b) They want to make amends for past deeds.
(c) They do not want to separate from the group.
(d) They feel guilty and now wish to help him.
7. What does the banquet scene reveal about Alonso, Sebastian and Antonio?
(a) That Alonso, Antonio and Sebastian do not feel guilt for what they did.
(b) That Antonio and Sebastian feel guilt for what they did, while Alonso does not.
(c) That Alonso feels guilt for what he did, while the other two do not.
(d) That the men are easily fooled.
8. Who listens in on Caliban's and Stephano's conversation?
9. What does Prospero comment on in regard to Antonio and Sebastian?
(a) Their sincerity.
(b) Their ambition.
(c) Their kindness.
(d) Their ingenuity.
10. What does Prospero say to Antonio and Sebastian on the side?
(a) That they are evil people.
(b) That he will kill them if they kill Alonso.
(c) That he does not really forgive them.
(d) That he knows about their assassination plan.
11. Who does Caliban talk about at length to Stephano?
12. Why does Alonso believe, following the false banquet, that Ferdinand is dead?
(a) Because he played a role in Prospero's and Miranda's banishment.
(b) Because the dancing spirits showed him Ferdinand's dead body.
(c) Because he is a corrupt and evil king.
(d) Because they would have found him by now.
13. By the beginning of Act III, Scene II, what is the state of Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
14. While discussing the plan with Caliban, what is Stephano's main objective?
(a) To escape back to the ship.
(b) To kill Caliban.
(c) To marry Miranda.
(d) To find his shipmates.
15. What spirits does Prospero conjure after blessing Ferdinand and Miranda's marriage?
(a) Ariel, Iris and Ceres.
(b) Sycorax, Juno and Iris.
(c) Juno, Iris and Ceres.
(d) Sycoraz, Ceres and Iris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ariel ask Prospero before going to fetch Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
2. What does Prospero bury in the earth?
3. What does Stephano admit to Prospero at the end of the play?
4. What story does Prospero tell Alonso, Gonzalo, Sebastian and Antonio?
5. What motif does the scene between Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano and their assassination plan reflect?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)