|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferdinand say about Miranda in comparison to all of the women he has encountered?
(a) That she would not understand royal life.
(b) That she is simple-minded and not as exotic.
(c) That she is much nicer than the other women.
(d) That he has never met one as beautiful as she.
2. Trinculo views Caliban's willingness to serve as a sign of what?
3. What does Miranda do in response to Ferdinand's declaration of his love for her?
(a) She lets him go free.
(b) She becomes frightened and calls Prospero.
(c) She offers to marry him.
(d) She tells him that she does not feel the same.
4. Prospero accuses Ferdinand of
(a) Wanting to steal the island.
(b) Polluting the island.
(c) Wanting to rape Miranda.
5. Prospero gained his power from his books and
(a) The boat.
(c) The island.
6. Why does Miranda urge Ferdinand not to work so hard?
(a) It upsets her seeing him like that.
(b) She wants him to spend time with her.
(c) He will hurt himself.
(d) He will overtire too soon.
7. When Act II, Scene II opens, what is Caliban doing?
(a) Looking for Miranda.
(b) Running from torturous spirits.
(c) Cursing Prospero.
(d) Carrying jugs of water.
8. What do Antonio and Sebastian plan to do in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Assassinate Alonso.
(b) Run away.
(c) Assassinate Gonzalo.
(d) Look for Ferdinand
9. Who leads Ferdinand to Prospero?
10. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero was more interested in
11. The ship passengers' increasing fear and anxiety are the result of
(a) Landing on a strange island.
(b) Ariel's illusions.
(c) Something they ate.
(d) The ship breaking apart.
12. Why does Ferdinand not want Miranda to help him with his work?
(a) Because he wants to show off for her.
(b) Because it is too hard for her.
(c) Because she is too young.
(d) Because she has never done it before.
13. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
(a) Trinculo and Ariel.
(b) Caliban and Ariel.
(c) Trinculo and Stephano.
(d) Caliban and Trinculo.
14. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
(a) He is intelligent and understands her.
(b) She has only ever seen Prospero and Caliban before him.
(c) He is a prince and will inherit the kingdom of Naples.
(d) He treats her well and loves her.
15. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
(a) That it will spite Alonso and any plans he had for his son.
(b) It is not specifically defined.
(c) That it is a good union that will bring Naples and Milan together.
(d) That it will finally get him and his daughter off of the island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assures Miranda that Ferdinand is a man and not a spirit?
2. Who lulls the lords searching for Ferdinand into a deep sleep during their banter?
3. Trinculo wants to take Caliban back to where?
4. Caliban wanted to populate the island with
5. Caliban is the offspring of
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)