|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lulls the lords searching for Ferdinand into a deep sleep during their banter?
2. Who ties to calm down Caliban in Act II, Scene II?
3. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
(a) That it is foolish.
(b) That it is part of his grand plan.
(c) That it is immoral.
(d) That it will destroy his grand plan.
4. The ship passengers' increasing fear and anxiety are the result of
(a) Landing on a strange island.
(b) Ariel's illusions.
(c) The ship breaking apart.
(d) Something they ate.
5. Prospero seeks revenge against
(a) Antonio and Gonzalo.
(b) Alonso and Ferdinand.
(c) Antonio and Sebastian.
(d) Antonio, Alonso and Sebastian.
6. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
(a) Preserve their secret.
(b) Spare their lives.
(c) Tell everyone where Prospero is.
(d) Tell the kingdom the king is dead.
7. Although the ship passengers believe the ship is gone, it is actually
(b) At another island.
(c) On fire.
(d) At the bottom of the sea.
8. Prospero gained his power from his books and
(a) The boat.
(d) The island.
9. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero turned his duties over to
(a) His loyal subjects.
(b) His council.
(d) The queen.
10. How long ago was Antonio's usurpation of Prospero's throne in Milan?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Seventeen years.
11. Trinculo wants to take Caliban back to where?
12. What does Ferdinand say he is willing to do to win Miranda?
(a) Pay Prospero off.
(d) Renounce his kingdom.
13. In his soliloquy, what does Ferdinand say makes his job easier?
(a) The nice weather.
(b) His natural strength.
(c) Prospero's kindness.
(d) Thoughts of Miranda.
14. What does Miranda urge Ferdinand to do while he is working?
(a) To leave her alone.
(b) To work harder.
(c) To not work so hard.
(d) To run away.
15. In order to render Ferdinand defenseless after he draws his sword, Prospero
(a) uses his magic to send him back to the ship.
(b) threatens to take Miranda away.
(c) uses his magic to immobilize him.
(d) talks to him sensibly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
2. Prospero and Miranda were given provisions and books on the boat by
3. What does Caliban beg of Stephano when he first meets him?
4. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise Ariel yet again?
5. Why does Trinculo hide underneath Caliban's robes?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)