|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero turned his duties over to
(a) His loyal subjects.
(b) The queen.
(d) His council.
2. The only nobleman who has a calm and positive attitude during the storm at sea is
3. What does Miranda do when Ferdinand confesses his love for her?
(d) Runs away.
4. The ship passengers' increasing fear and anxiety are the result of
(a) The ship breaking apart.
(b) Landing on a strange island.
(c) Something they ate.
(d) Ariel's illusions.
5. Prospero's magical power comes from
(a) The trees.
(c) His books.
(d) His staff.
6. Who leads Ferdinand to Prospero?
7. Why does Ferdinand not want Miranda to help him with his work?
(a) Because she has never done it before.
(b) Because he wants to show off for her.
(c) Because it is too hard for her.
(d) Because she is too young.
8. What is one thing about Caliban that Stephano finds amazing?
(a) His willingness to serve.
(b) His stupidity.
(c) His garish robe.
(d) His ability to talk.
9. Caliban believes the island is
(c) His birthright.
10. Why does Stephano believe that Caliban and Trinculo are some sort of wild beasts when he sees them under the blanket?
(a) He has little education.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is ignorant.
(d) He has bad vision.
11. What does Trinculo want to do with Caliban in order to make money?
(a) Sell him off as a slave.
(b) Have him steal from Prospero.
(c) Show him off to the public.
(d) Have him steal from Antonio.
12. Why does Ferdinand prefer not to do Prospero's work?
(a) Because he is a prince of Naples.
(b) Because he is not strong enough.
(c) Because he does not want to take over the island.
(d) Because he does not want to marry Miranda.
13. What does Prospero do at the end of Act III, Scene I?
(a) Returns to studying his magic book.
(b) Sends torturous spirits to Caliban.
(c) Tells Ariel he will free him.
(d) Goes looking for Antonio.
14. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
(a) Teach him how to write.
(b) Teach him how to sing.
(c) Teach him how to speak.
(d) Teach him how to read.
15. Who wants to take over the throne of Naples?
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero accuses Ferdinand of
2. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
3. Trinculo views Caliban's willingness to serve as a sign of what?
4. At the beginning of Act III, Scene I, what does Prospero have Ferdinand doing?
5. Prospero and Miranda were given provisions and books on the boat by
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)