|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio offer to do in order to persuade Sebastian to go along with the plan?
(a) He offers to kill Gonzalo and have Sebastian kill Alonso.
(b) He promises to keep it a secret and never tell anyone.
(c) He promises he will not try to assassinate Sebastian once he is king.
(d) He offers to kill Alonso and have Sebastian kill Gonzalo.
2. What is one thing about Caliban that Stephano finds amazing?
(a) His garish robe.
(b) His ability to talk.
(c) His willingness to serve.
(d) His stupidity.
3. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
(a) Let him marry Miranda.
(b) Free him.
(c) Teach him his magic.
(d) Knight him.
4. Prior to Prospero releasing him, Ariel was stuck for twelve years in a
5. What does Sebastian wonder about Antonio and his usurpation of Prospero's throne?
(a) How hard it is to be the king.
(b) If he is as courageous as Antonio.
(c) If Antonio will do it to him.
(d) If it plagues his conscience.
6. Who ties to calm down Caliban in Act II, Scene II?
7. Who lulls the lords searching for Ferdinand into a deep sleep during their banter?
8. Trinculo views Caliban's willingness to serve as a sign of what?
9. Gonzalo's attempt to comfort his king are mocked by whom?
(a) Antonio, Sebastian and Alonso.
(b) Sebastian, Adrian and Alonso.
(c) Antonio, Sebastian and Adrian
(d) Antonio, Adrian and Alonso.
10. What does the scene between Stephano, Trinculo and Caliban provide to the reader?
(b) Comic relief.
(c) Enlightening insight.
(d) Frightening tension.
11. What does Miranda tell Ferdinand after he meets Prospero for the first time?
(a) Prospero is usually much kinder.
(b) Prospero wants to kill Ferdinand's father.
(c) Prospero wants them to marry.
(d) Prospero is planning to kill him.
12. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
(a) his men.
(b) his daughter.
(c) his sanity.
(d) his kingdom.
13. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
(a) That it will finally get him and his daughter off of the island.
(b) That it is a good union that will bring Naples and Milan together.
(c) It is not specifically defined.
(d) That it will spite Alonso and any plans he had for his son.
14. What is Caliban happiest about after he meets Trinculo and Stephano?
(a) That the two men are not more torturous spirits.
(b) That he has made new friends.
(c) That he is free from Prospero.
(d) That he now knows what wine is.
15. The two men who retreat to their cabins during the storm are
(a) Alonso and Gonzalo.
(b) Alonso and Ferdinand.
(c) Alonso and Antonio.
(d) Antonio and Gonzalo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Caliban is the offspring of
2. What does Ferdinand say he is willing to do to win Miranda?
3. Why does Miranda urge Ferdinand not to work so hard?
4. Why does Ferdinand not want Miranda to help him with his work?
5. Why does Stephano believe that Caliban and Trinculo are some sort of wild beasts when he sees them under the blanket?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)