|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the strange noise that Gonzalo claims he heard?
(a) Alonso talking in his sleep.
(b) Antonio's and Sebastian's whispering.
(c) Ariel's singing.
(d) Twigs breaking.
2. What does Miranda regret doing while talking to Ferdinand?
(a) Going against her father's wishes.
(b) Telling him her name.
(c) Offering to help him.
(d) Not acting ladylike.
3. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
(a) Teach him how to read.
(b) Teach him how to write.
(c) Teach him how to speak.
(d) Teach him how to sing.
4. Caliban wanted to populate the island with
(a) His children.
(b) Coconut trees.
(c) Other spirits.
5. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
(a) Caliban and Ariel.
(b) Trinculo and Ariel.
(c) Caliban and Trinculo.
(d) Trinculo and Stephano.
6. Prospero and Miranda were given provisions and books on the boat by
7. Why does Miranda urge Ferdinand not to work so hard?
(a) He will hurt himself.
(b) It upsets her seeing him like that.
(c) She wants him to spend time with her.
(d) He will overtire too soon.
8. What does Miranda tell Ferdinand after he meets Prospero for the first time?
(a) Prospero is usually much kinder.
(b) Prospero wants them to marry.
(c) Prospero is planning to kill him.
(d) Prospero wants to kill Ferdinand's father.
9. What does Caliban believe Trinculo to be?
(a) A pillager come to ruin the island.
(b) Miranda's new suitor.
(c) One of the sailors washed ashore.
(d) Another torturous spirit.
10. As Caliban becomes drunk, what is one of the things he promises to Trinculo and Stephano?
(a) He promises to help them off of the island.
(b) He promises to serve them.
(c) He promises to leave them alone.
(d) He promises to help mend their clothes.
11. What keeps Ferdinand going as he does Prospero's work?
(a) The promise of being reunited with his father.
(b) The possibility of being let go and leaving the island.
(c) His desire to prove that he is good at everything.
(d) His willingness to do anything for Miranda.
12. Prior to Prospero releasing him, Ariel was stuck for twelve years in a
13. Alonso's son is
14. Who lulls the lords searching for Ferdinand into a deep sleep during their banter?
15. What does Miranda urge Ferdinand to do while he is working?
(a) To run away.
(b) To not work so hard.
(c) To leave her alone.
(d) To work harder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although the ship passengers believe the ship is gone, it is actually
2. What does Ferdinand protest when Prospero accuses him of wanting to take over the island?
3. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
4. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
5. What does Miranda do when Ferdinand confesses his love for her?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)