|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Caliban is the offspring of
2. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
3. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
(a) He is too old for his daughter.
(b) He will have him duel with Caliban.
(c) He will force Ferdinand into servitude.
(d) He is everything he had hoped he would be.
4. Alonso's daughter was married in
5. Antonio is the brother of
6. Why does Ariel leave Antonio and Sebastian awake?
(a) Ariel took pity on them.
(b) Prospero forgot about them.
(c) Prospero meant for them to be awake.
(d) Ariel wanted to go against Prospero's orders.
7. What does Ferdinand say he is willing to do to win Miranda?
(a) Renounce his kingdom.
(c) Pay Prospero off.
8. Although coming from different worlds, Miranda and Ferdinand are similar because of their
(b) Moral beliefs.
9. Prospero seeks revenge against
(a) Antonio, Alonso and Sebastian.
(b) Antonio and Gonzalo.
(c) Alonso and Ferdinand.
(d) Antonio and Sebastian.
10. Caliban believes the island is
(a) His birthright.
11. What does Antonio offer to do in order to persuade Sebastian to go along with the plan?
(a) He offers to kill Gonzalo and have Sebastian kill Alonso.
(b) He promises to keep it a secret and never tell anyone.
(c) He offers to kill Alonso and have Sebastian kill Gonzalo.
(d) He promises he will not try to assassinate Sebastian once he is king.
12. What does Sebastian wonder about Antonio and his usurpation of Prospero's throne?
(a) If Antonio will do it to him.
(b) If it plagues his conscience.
(c) If he is as courageous as Antonio.
(d) How hard it is to be the king.
13. Which of the lords is the only person who tries comforting Alonso, who believes his son is gone?
14. Gonzalo's attempt to comfort his king are mocked by whom?
(a) Antonio, Sebastian and Adrian
(b) Sebastian, Adrian and Alonso.
(c) Antonio, Sebastian and Alonso.
(d) Antonio, Adrian and Alonso.
15. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
(a) That it is a good union that will bring Naples and Milan together.
(b) That it will finally get him and his daughter off of the island.
(c) That it will spite Alonso and any plans he had for his son.
(d) It is not specifically defined.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
2. When Act II, Scene II opens, what is Caliban doing?
3. Prospero gives Ferdinand a hard time in order to
4. What is Caliban happiest about after he meets Trinculo and Stephano?
5. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)