|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prospero and Miranda were given provisions and books on the boat by
2. Who thwarts Antonio's and Sebastian's plan in Act II, Scene I?
3. Alonso's daughter was married in
4. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
(a) Earlier works.
(b) Romantic works.
(c) Later works.
(d) Modern works.
5. Who leads Ferdinand to Prospero?
6. Who chastises Alonso for allowing his daughter to marry an African?
7. What keeps Ferdinand going as he does Prospero's work?
(a) The promise of being reunited with his father.
(b) His willingness to do anything for Miranda.
(c) The possibility of being let go and leaving the island.
(d) His desire to prove that he is good at everything.
8. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) He tells him how much fun it is to be a king.
(b) He describes the riches he will gain as the king of Naples.
(c) He tells him that they can combine powers once he is king of Naples.
(d) He explains how much he benefited from taking Prospero's throne.
9. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
(a) Teach him how to write.
(b) Teach him how to read.
(c) Teach him how to speak.
(d) Teach him how to sing.
10. What does Miranda urge Ferdinand to do while he is working?
(a) To leave her alone.
(b) To work harder.
(c) To not work so hard.
(d) To run away.
11. Why does Stephano believe that Caliban and Trinculo are some sort of wild beasts when he sees them under the blanket?
(a) He has bad vision.
(b) He is ignorant.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He has little education.
12. Why does Ferdinand prefer not to do Prospero's work?
(a) Because he does not want to take over the island.
(b) Because he is not strong enough.
(c) Because he does not want to marry Miranda.
(d) Because he is a prince of Naples.
13. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
(a) Trinculo and Ariel.
(b) Caliban and Trinculo.
(c) Trinculo and Stephano.
(d) Caliban and Ariel.
14. Who is watching Ferdinand and Miranda from a distance in Act III, Scene I?
15. What does Trinculo believe Caliban to be?
(a) A boar.
(b) A prisoner.
(c) A spirit.
(d) A fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Act II, Scene II opens, what is Caliban doing?
2. What does the scene between Stephano, Trinculo and Caliban provide to the reader?
3. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
4. The beginning of The Tempest takes place
5. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)