Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
2. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
(a) Later works.
(b) Romantic works.
(c) Earlier works.
(d) Modern works.
3. What is the strange noise that Gonzalo claims he heard?
(a) Antonio's and Sebastian's whispering.
(b) Ariel's singing.
(c) Twigs breaking.
(d) Alonso talking in his sleep.
4. What does Caliban beg of Stephano when he first meets him?
(a) To be left alone.
(b) To get Trinculo out from under his robes.
(c) To help him off the island.
(d) To sing for him.
5. Who lulls the lords searching for Ferdinand into a deep sleep during their banter?
6. Who chastises Alonso for allowing his daughter to marry an African?
7. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
(a) That it is immoral.
(b) That it is foolish.
(c) That it is part of his grand plan.
(d) That it will destroy his grand plan.
8. When awakened, Alonso asks Sebastian and Antonio why they have their swords drawn. What is their excuse?
(a) They were having a heated argument.
(b) They heard something and were preparing to protect everyone.
(c) They were practicing their swordsmanship.
(d) They were seeing whose sword was bigger.
9. Ferdinand is the prince of
10. What does Miranda do in response to Ferdinand's declaration of his love for her?
(a) She becomes frightened and calls Prospero.
(b) She lets him go free.
(c) She offers to marry him.
(d) She tells him that she does not feel the same.
11. Ferdinand is surprised by Miranda, because she
(a) Has a magical father.
(b) Thinks he is a spirit.
(c) Speaks his language.
(d) Is so beautiful.
12. Why does Miranda urge Ferdinand not to work so hard?
(a) She wants him to spend time with her.
(b) He will hurt himself.
(c) It upsets her seeing him like that.
(d) He will overtire too soon.
13. What does Trinculo want to do with Caliban in order to make money?
(a) Show him off to the public.
(b) Have him steal from Prospero.
(c) Have him steal from Antonio.
(d) Sell him off as a slave.
14. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero was more interested in
15. What do Antonio and Sebastian plan to do in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Assassinate Gonzalo.
(b) Run away.
(c) Look for Ferdinand
(d) Assassinate Alonso.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
2. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
3. Who ties to calm down Caliban in Act II, Scene II?
4. When Act II, Scene II opens, what is Caliban doing?
5. What does Miranda urge Ferdinand to do while he is working?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)