|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Gonzalo's comments about the dancing nymphs important during the banquet scene?
(a) They help introduce new characters.
(b) They show that Gonzalo is capable of lust.
(c) They illuminate the contrasting characteristics of Antonio and Sebastian.
(d) They illuminate characteristics about the dancing nymphs.
2. Who listens in on Caliban's and Stephano's conversation?
3. What does Ariel ask Prospero before going to fetch Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
(a) What should Ariel dress up as this time.
(b) If Prospero will teach Ariel magic.
(c) Why Prospero is doing all of this.
(d) If Prospero loves Ariel.
4. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
5. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
(a) Prospero and Gonzalo.
(b) Prospero and Trinculo.
(c) Prospero and Ferdinand.
(d) Prospero and Caliban.
Short Answer Questions
1. After sending Ariel to release the men from the cave, what does Prospero vow to do?
2. Why do Trinculo and Stephano threaten to beat Caliban?
3. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
4. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
5. In his soliloquy in Act IV, Scene I, what does Prospero insinuate a personal connection to?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)