|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miranda offer to Ferdinand while he is working?
(a) To talk to Prospero for him.
(b) To bring him some food and water.
(c) To show him Prospero's magical books.
(d) To work in Ferdinand's place.
2. What does Prospero conjure in order to derange Alonso, Gonzalo, Antonio and Sebastian while they are resting?
(a) A banquet table of food.
(c) Their ship.
(d) The rest of the men.
3. Prior to Prospero's arrival on the island, Ariel was imprisoned by
4. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
(a) He will force Ferdinand into servitude.
(b) He is too old for his daughter.
(c) He is everything he had hoped he would be.
(d) He will have him duel with Caliban.
5. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
(a) Later works.
(b) Earlier works.
(c) Romantic works.
(d) Modern works.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miranda tell Ferdinand after he meets Prospero for the first time?
2. What does Alonso do when Prospero reveals Ferdinand and Miranda to him?
3. What motif does the scene between Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano and their assassination plan reflect?
4. Who ties to calm down Caliban in Act II, Scene II?
5. Caliban wanted to populate the island with
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)