|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Prospero want the men to see a banquet and then have it taken away?
(a) To exert his own power over them.
(b) So that they will starve.
(c) To show them that their power is fleeting.
(d) To allow Ariel to feel what power is like.
2. Although the ship passengers believe the ship is gone, it is actually
(b) At the bottom of the sea.
(c) At another island.
(d) On fire.
3. What sets Alonso apart from Antonio in Prospero's eyes?
(a) His emotional, regretful side.
(b) His age, as he is much older than Antonio.
(c) His lack of interest in being a king.
(d) His strength as a king.
4. What does Prospero do at the end of Act III, Scene I?
(a) Sends torturous spirits to Caliban.
(b) Tells Ariel he will free him.
(c) Goes looking for Antonio.
(d) Returns to studying his magic book.
5. Prior to Prospero's arrival on the island, Ariel was imprisoned by
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prospero conjure the spirits to dance for Ferdinand and Miranda?
2. What does Miranda offer to Ferdinand while he is working?
3. When awakened, Alonso asks Sebastian and Antonio why they have their swords drawn. What is their excuse?
4. Who ties to calm down Caliban in Act II, Scene II?
5. What does Prospero throw into the ocean?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)