|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
(a) That it is a good union that will bring Naples and Milan together.
(b) That it will finally get him and his daughter off of the island.
(c) It is not specifically defined.
(d) That it will spite Alonso and any plans he had for his son.
2. What does Prospero comment on in regard to Antonio and Sebastian?
(a) Their ambition.
(b) Their kindness.
(c) Their ingenuity.
(d) Their sincerity.
3. What story does Prospero tell Alonso, Gonzalo, Sebastian and Antonio?
(a) The story about the island.
(b) The story of Caliban's witch mother, Sycorax.
(c) The story about how he learned magic.
(d) The story of how Ferdinand and Miranda met.
4. What does Miranda regret doing while talking to Ferdinand?
(a) Offering to help him.
(b) Telling him her name.
(c) Not acting ladylike.
(d) Going against her father's wishes.
5. Why do Sebastian and Antonio vow to help Alonso find Ferdinand following the banquet?
(a) They feel guilty and now wish to help him.
(b) They do not want to separate from the group.
(c) They wish to carry out their murderous plan.
(d) They want to make amends for past deeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gonzalo's attempt to comfort his king are mocked by whom?
2. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
3. What is one of the things Caliban promises to Stephano and Trinculo in his drunken state?
4. At the beginning of Act IV, Scene I, what does Prospero tell Ferdinand?
5. Alonso's son is
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)