|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the parallel to Trinculo and Stephano dressing up in borrowed clothes?
(a) Caliban borrowing the men's wine.
(b) Prospero's borrowing of Ferdinand.
(c) Ariel borrowing Prospero's magical powers.
(d) Antonio's and Sebastian's borrowed power.
2. What does Prospero comment on in regard to Gonzalo?
(a) His courage.
(b) His honor.
(c) His meekness.
(d) His intelligence.
3. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
4. What subplot comes to an end at the completion of Act IV, Scene I?
(a) Prospero's use of his magical powers.
(b) The plan by Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano to kill Prospero.
(c) The deal between Prospero and Ariel.
(d) Ariel's dedication to Prospero.
5. Gonzalo's attempt to comfort his king are mocked by whom?
(a) Antonio, Sebastian and Alonso.
(b) Antonio, Sebastian and Adrian
(c) Sebastian, Adrian and Alonso.
(d) Antonio, Adrian and Alonso.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act IV, Scene I, Prospero's speech mirrors that of which other character?
2. Prior to Prospero's arrival on the island, Ariel was imprisoned by
3. As Caliban becomes drunk, what is one of the things he promises to Trinculo and Stephano?
4. Who provides music and sings along with Stephano and Trinculo?
5. In order to render Ferdinand defenseless after he draws his sword, Prospero
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)