|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the scene in which Caliban plans the assassination is somewhat poetic and shows the depth of Caliban?
(a) His anger and spite against Prospero.
(b) His wish to marry Miranda.
(c) His speech about the magic of the island.
(d) His request for Trinculo and Stephano to sing.
2. The only nobleman who has a calm and positive attitude during the storm at sea is
3. At the beginning of Act III, Scene I, what does Prospero have Ferdinand doing?
(a) Stacking firewood.
(b) Preparing food.
(c) Building a fire.
(d) Mending his clothes.
4. What sound does Prospero conjure to frighten Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban?
(a) The sound of cracking thunder.
(b) The sound of hunting dogs.
(c) Screams of the other men.
(d) Whispers in the forest.
5. Where are the other men, following the drunken scene with Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban?
(a) Drinking the bottles of wine they found.
(b) Back on the boat, happy to be leaving.
(c) In a cave, grieving and apologetic.
(d) They are dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are "the rabble"?
2. What does Trinculo believe Caliban to be?
3. How does Ariel appear to the men during the banquet?
4. At the end of Act II, Scene II, what is Caliban doing?
5. What does Stephano admit to Prospero at the end of the play?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)