|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trinculo wonder about Caliban after listening to his drunken speech?
(a) How quickly Caliban became drunk.
(b) How he could have been afraid of someone so weak.
(c) How Caliban came to look the way he does.
(d) Why Caliban is on the island.
2. What does Prospero throw into the ocean?
(a) His king's robe.
(b) His old crown.
(c) His magic book.
(d) His magical staff.
3. What part of the scene in which Caliban plans the assassination is somewhat poetic and shows the depth of Caliban?
(a) His request for Trinculo and Stephano to sing.
(b) His speech about the magic of the island.
(c) His wish to marry Miranda.
(d) His anger and spite against Prospero.
4. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) He describes the riches he will gain as the king of Naples.
(b) He tells him how much fun it is to be a king.
(c) He explains how much he benefited from taking Prospero's throne.
(d) He tells him that they can combine powers once he is king of Naples.
5. What does Prospero say about Caliban's distorted looks?
(a) That his manners are equally as distorted.
(b) That they are not his true visage.
(c) That they parallel the ugliness of the other men's actions.
(d) That they are not his fault.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
2. What does Prospero order Ariel to fetch when he is ready to reveal his identity to the men?
3. The beginning of The Tempest takes place
4. What sound does Prospero conjure to frighten Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban?
5. Where are the other men, following the drunken scene with Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)