|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ferdinand prefer not to do Prospero's work?
(a) Because he is not strong enough.
(b) Because he is a prince of Naples.
(c) Because he does not want to marry Miranda.
(d) Because he does not want to take over the island.
2. The ship passengers' increasing fear and anxiety are the result of
(a) The ship breaking apart.
(b) Ariel's illusions.
(c) Something they ate.
(d) Landing on a strange island.
3. What does Prospero say about Caliban's distorted looks?
(a) That they are not his true visage.
(b) That his manners are equally as distorted.
(c) That they parallel the ugliness of the other men's actions.
(d) That they are not his fault.
4. How does one character finally get Caliban to calm down in Act II, Scene II?
(a) By singing him a song.
(b) By giving Caliban wine.
(c) By saying nice things to Caliban.
(d) By giving him money.
5. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
(a) That it is foolish.
(b) That it will destroy his grand plan.
(c) That it is immoral.
(d) That it is part of his grand plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
2. Who does Caliban talk about at length to Stephano?
3. What is the strange noise that Gonzalo claims he heard?
4. Which character says: "We are such stuff/As dreams are made on"?
5. Under what circumstances will Prospero curse Ferdinand's and Miranda's marriage?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)