|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caliban happiest about after he meets Trinculo and Stephano?
(a) That he has made new friends.
(b) That he is free from Prospero.
(c) That he now knows what wine is.
(d) That the two men are not more torturous spirits.
2. What does Prospero realize about himself when Ariel tells him about the men in the cave?
(a) That he is delighted the men are so miserable.
(b) That he is mad with power.
(c) That all he desired was their apology.
(d) That he does not want to leave the island.
3. Under what circumstances will Prospero curse Ferdinand's and Miranda's marriage?
(a) If they have premarital sex.
(b) If Miranda has any communication with Caliban.
(c) If they try to elope.
(d) If Ferdinand thwarts Prospero's plan of revenge.
4. Why does Ferdinand not want Miranda to help him with his work?
(a) Because he wants to show off for her.
(b) Because it is too hard for her.
(c) Because she is too young.
(d) Because she has never done it before.
5. By the beginning of Act III, Scene II, what is the state of Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
Short Answer Questions
1. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
2. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
3. What does Prospero order Ariel to do when Stephano, Trinculo and Caliban run off?
4. Who wants to take over the throne of Naples?
5. What does Miranda do in response to Ferdinand's declaration of his love for her?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)