|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alonso is the king of
2. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
(a) She has only ever seen Prospero and Caliban before him.
(b) He is a prince and will inherit the kingdom of Naples.
(c) He treats her well and loves her.
(d) He is intelligent and understands her.
3. What motif does the scene between Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano and their assassination plan reflect?
(a) The Ariel motif.
(b) The magic motif.
(c) The conspiracy motif.
(d) The tempest motif.
4. Why does Stephano believe that Caliban and Trinculo are some sort of wild beasts when he sees them under the blanket?
(a) He has little education.
(b) He has bad vision.
(c) He is ignorant.
(d) He is drunk.
5. What is Prospero surprised at when Ariel tells him that Antonio, Alonso, Sebastian and Gonzalo are upset and remorseful?
(a) That Ariel did not follow his orders.
(b) That Ariel does not care about them.
(c) That Ariel, a spirit, feels compassion for them.
(d) That Ariel has not enjoyed inflicting pain on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distracts Trinculo and Stephano from their original plan?
2. Who pretends to be Trinculo and interrupts Stephano's and Caliban's conversation?
3. What does Ferdinand say about Miranda in comparison to all of the women he has encountered?
4. What is one thing about Caliban that Stephano finds amazing?
5. What does Alonso wonder about when he sees that Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban are intoxicated?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)