|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Sebastian and Antonio vow to help Alonso find Ferdinand following the banquet?
(a) They wish to carry out their murderous plan.
(b) They do not want to separate from the group.
(c) They want to make amends for past deeds.
(d) They feel guilty and now wish to help him.
2. Prior to Prospero releasing him, Ariel was stuck for twelve years in a
3. Who else does Prospero ask Ariel to bring back in Act V, Scene I?
(a) The ship's crew.
(b) No one.
(c) Juno, Iris and Ceres.
(d) Trinculo, Caliban and Stephano.
4. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
5. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
(a) Because she wants to know where they came from.
(b) Because she has always asked him about it.
(c) Because she is concerned about the people on the ship.
(d) Because she wants to hear a story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prospero bury in the earth?
2. The ship passengers' increasing fear and anxiety are the result of
3. Who chastises Alonso for allowing his daughter to marry an African?
4. What is one way in which Ferdinand's life differs from Miranda's?
5. How long ago was Antonio's usurpation of Prospero's throne in Milan?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)