|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferdinand protest when Prospero accuses him of wanting to take over the island?
(a) His social status.
(b) His innocence.
(c) His right to the island as Prince of Naples.
(d) His intelligence.
2. Alonso's son is
3. What is the parallel to Trinculo and Stephano dressing up in borrowed clothes?
(a) Ariel borrowing Prospero's magical powers.
(b) Antonio's and Sebastian's borrowed power.
(c) Prospero's borrowing of Ferdinand.
(d) Caliban borrowing the men's wine.
4. What does Alonso do when Prospero reveals Ferdinand and Miranda to him?
(a) He falls in love with Miranda.
(b) He tries to kill Prospero for hiding him.
(c) He blesses their marriage.
(d) He tells Ferdinand that he will not wed Miranda.
5. At the beginning of Act IV, Scene I, what does Prospero tell Ferdinand?
(a) The trials he has endured were tests of love.
(b) He will never be allowed to marry Miranda.
(c) He will teach him magic from his books.
(d) He has more chores for him to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miranda urge Ferdinand not to work so hard?
2. Prospero seeks revenge against
3. What does Sebastian wonder about Antonio and his usurpation of Prospero's throne?
4. What does Caliban beg of Stephano when he first meets him?
5. Miranda dislikes Caliban, because
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)