|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the false banquet scene, Gonzalo catches on to Antonio's and Sebastian's plan but identifies the wrong motivation for it. What does he believe their motivation to be?
(a) Desire for blood.
(b) Desire for power.
(c) Guilt for past deeds.
(d) Lust for Miranda.
2. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
(a) his men.
(b) his sanity.
(c) his daughter.
(d) his kingdom.
3. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
(a) Prospero and Trinculo.
(b) Prospero and Ferdinand.
(c) Prospero and Caliban.
(d) Prospero and Gonzalo.
4. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
(a) To put him back in the tree if he does not obey.
(b) To free him once he completes Prospero's orders.
(c) To allow him to marry Miranda.
(d) To bring him back to Milan with Prospero.
5. What is one of Sebastian's reservations about Antonio's plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) That they will never get off the island anyway.
(b) That Alonso's daughter would then inherit the throne.
(c) That Antonio is tricking him.
(d) That Alonso will soon wake up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miranda urge Ferdinand not to work so hard?
2. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
3. Where are the other men, following the drunken scene with Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban?
4. Why does Ferdinand not want Miranda to help him with his work?
5. Why does Alonso believe, following the false banquet, that Ferdinand is dead?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)