|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chastises Alonso for allowing his daughter to marry an African?
2. When Ferdinand sees Miranda for the first time, he believes she is a
3. What are Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban arguing about in their drunken stupor?
(a) How they will kill Prospero.
(b) Which one of them will marry Miranda.
(c) Where the ship has gone.
(d) Whether or not they have been fooled by the island spirit.
4. By the beginning of Act III, Scene II, what is the state of Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
5. Although the ship passengers believe the ship is gone, it is actually
(a) At the bottom of the sea.
(c) On fire.
(d) At another island.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Act II, Scene II opens, what is Caliban doing?
2. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
3. What sets Alonso apart from Antonio in Prospero's eyes?
4. What does Prospero comment on in regard to Gonzalo?
5. What is one way in which Ferdinand's life differs from Miranda's?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)