|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alonso believe, following the false banquet, that Ferdinand is dead?
(a) Because he played a role in Prospero's and Miranda's banishment.
(b) Because they would have found him by now.
(c) Because the dancing spirits showed him Ferdinand's dead body.
(d) Because he is a corrupt and evil king.
2. What sound does Prospero conjure to frighten Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban?
(a) Screams of the other men.
(b) The sound of hunting dogs.
(c) Whispers in the forest.
(d) The sound of cracking thunder.
3. When Trinculo and Stephano wonder where the music is coming from, what is Caliban's reasoning?
(a) That the island is magical.
(b) They are simply imagining it.
(c) Singing causes nymphs to play their instruments.
(d) It is coming from a nearby island.
4. Gonzalo's attempt to comfort his king are mocked by whom?
(a) Sebastian, Adrian and Alonso.
(b) Antonio, Sebastian and Adrian
(c) Antonio, Adrian and Alonso.
(d) Antonio, Sebastian and Alonso.
5. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) He tells him how much fun it is to be a king.
(b) He describes the riches he will gain as the king of Naples.
(c) He tells him that they can combine powers once he is king of Naples.
(d) He explains how much he benefited from taking Prospero's throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the beginning of Act III, Scene II, what is the state of Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
2. Prospero's magical power comes from
3. Which of the lords is the only person who tries comforting Alonso, who believes his son is gone?
4. Caliban is the offspring of
5. Prospero and Miranda were given provisions and books on the boat by
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)