|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ferdinand is surprised by Miranda, because she
(a) Speaks his language.
(b) Is so beautiful.
(c) Thinks he is a spirit.
(d) Has a magical father.
2. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
(a) Prospero and Trinculo.
(b) Prospero and Ferdinand.
(c) Prospero and Gonzalo.
(d) Prospero and Caliban.
3. What does Prospero comment on in regard to Antonio and Sebastian?
(a) Their ingenuity.
(b) Their kindness.
(c) Their ambition.
(d) Their sincerity.
4. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
(a) his men.
(b) his kingdom.
(c) his sanity.
(d) his daughter.
5. When Act II, Scene II opens, what is Caliban doing?
(a) Looking for Miranda.
(b) Carrying jugs of water.
(c) Cursing Prospero.
(d) Running from torturous spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero's magical power comes from
2. What does Prospero order Ariel to fetch when he is ready to reveal his identity to the men?
3. Prior to Prospero's arrival on the island, Ariel was imprisoned by
4. What does Caliban ask Stephano to do?
5. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)