|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the false banquet scene, Gonzalo catches on to Antonio's and Sebastian's plan but identifies the wrong motivation for it. What does he believe their motivation to be?
(a) Guilt for past deeds.
(b) Lust for Miranda.
(c) Desire for power.
(d) Desire for blood.
2. Who chastises Alonso for allowing his daughter to marry an African?
3. At the beginning of Act IV, Scene I, what does Prospero tell Ferdinand?
(a) He will teach him magic from his books.
(b) The trials he has endured were tests of love.
(c) He has more chores for him to do.
(d) He will never be allowed to marry Miranda.
4. How long ago was Antonio's usurpation of Prospero's throne in Milan?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Seventeen years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Ten years.
5. What sound does Prospero conjure to frighten Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban?
(a) The sound of hunting dogs.
(b) Whispers in the forest.
(c) The sound of cracking thunder.
(d) Screams of the other men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miranda dislikes Caliban, because
2. When awakened, Alonso asks Sebastian and Antonio why they have their swords drawn. What is their excuse?
3. Who provides music and sings along with Stephano and Trinculo?
4. Who are "the rabble"?
5. What does Miranda offer to Ferdinand while he is working?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)