|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alonso do when Prospero reveals Ferdinand and Miranda to him?
(a) He falls in love with Miranda.
(b) He blesses their marriage.
(c) He tries to kill Prospero for hiding him.
(d) He tells Ferdinand that he will not wed Miranda.
2. What does Caliban ask Stephano to do?
(a) Kill Trinculo.
(b) Help kidnap Miranda.
(c) Kill Prospero.
(d) Take him with him off of the island.
3. At the end of Act II, Scene II, what is Caliban doing?
(a) Cursing Stephano and Trinculo.
(b) Singing happily.
(c) Building a fire.
4. Why does Prospero conjure the spirits to dance for Ferdinand and Miranda?
(a) He saw Ferdinand getting too close to Miranda.
(b) He was bored and wanted the entertainment.
(c) He wanted to display his power to Ferdinand.
(d) He wanted to surprise them with an early wedding gift.
5. Who accuses Alonso, Antonio and Sebastian of being the men of sin?
(b) The dancing spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
2. Why does Ferdinand not want Miranda to help him with his work?
3. In Act V, Scene I, who do Sebastian and Antonio make jokes about after Ariel brings everyone back?
4. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
5. What does Gonzalo contrast to the character of his present company during the banquet?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)