|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Prospero conjure the spirits to dance for Ferdinand and Miranda?
(a) He was bored and wanted the entertainment.
(b) He saw Ferdinand getting too close to Miranda.
(c) He wanted to surprise them with an early wedding gift.
(d) He wanted to display his power to Ferdinand.
2. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
(a) Two days.
(b) In a week.
(c) In three days.
(d) In one day.
3. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
(a) Spare their lives.
(b) Preserve their secret.
(c) Tell the kingdom the king is dead.
(d) Tell everyone where Prospero is.
4. What does Miranda do when Ferdinand confesses his love for her?
(b) Runs away.
5. At the end of Act IV, Scene I, what does Prospero promise to Ariel after asking him to pursue Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban?
Short Answer Questions
1. What motif does the scene between Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano and their assassination plan reflect?
2. What does Sebastian wonder about Antonio and his usurpation of Prospero's throne?
3. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
4. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
5. What does Ferdinand protest when Prospero accuses him of wanting to take over the island?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)