|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only nobleman who has a calm and positive attitude during the storm at sea is
2. Why does Ariel leave Antonio and Sebastian awake?
(a) Ariel took pity on them.
(b) Prospero forgot about them.
(c) Ariel wanted to go against Prospero's orders.
(d) Prospero meant for them to be awake.
3. Prospero accuses Ferdinand of
(a) Wanting to rape Miranda.
(b) Polluting the island.
(d) Wanting to steal the island.
4. When Miranda first meets Ferdinand, she believes he is
(a) A spirit.
(b) A thief.
(c) A peasant.
(d) A king.
5. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) He tells him that they can combine powers once he is king of Naples.
(b) He describes the riches he will gain as the king of Naples.
(c) He explains how much he benefited from taking Prospero's throne.
(d) He tells him how much fun it is to be a king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sets Alonso apart from Antonio in Prospero's eyes?
2. By the beginning of Act III, Scene II, what is the state of Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
3. What does Caliban ask Stephano to do?
4. What does Prospero do at the end of Act III, Scene I?
5. In order to render Ferdinand defenseless after he draws his sword, Prospero
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)