|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ties to calm down Caliban in Act II, Scene II?
2. What does Miranda regret doing while talking to Ferdinand?
(a) Telling him her name.
(b) Going against her father's wishes.
(c) Offering to help him.
(d) Not acting ladylike.
3. Alonso's daughter was married in
4. When Trinculo and Stephano wonder where the music is coming from, what is Caliban's reasoning?
(a) Singing causes nymphs to play their instruments.
(b) It is coming from a nearby island.
(c) That the island is magical.
(d) They are simply imagining it.
5. Why does Prospero abruptly stop the marriage ceremony and change his mood?
(a) He is angered by the spirits.
(b) He remembers his plan for Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban.
(c) The spirits' message has no affect on Miranda and Ferdinand.
(d) He remembers his plan for Antonio, Alonso and Sebastian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prospero tell the spirits to do?
2. What does Miranda urge Ferdinand to do while he is working?
3. What does Miranda tell Ferdinand after he meets Prospero for the first time?
4. What distracts Trinculo and Stephano from their original plan?
5. What does Ferdinand protest when Prospero accuses him of wanting to take over the island?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)