|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When awakened, Alonso asks Sebastian and Antonio why they have their swords drawn. What is their excuse?
(a) They were seeing whose sword was bigger.
(b) They were practicing their swordsmanship.
(c) They heard something and were preparing to protect everyone.
(d) They were having a heated argument.
2. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
(a) Tell the kingdom the king is dead.
(b) Tell everyone where Prospero is.
(c) Preserve their secret.
(d) Spare their lives.
3. What does Miranda offer to Ferdinand while he is working?
(a) To work in Ferdinand's place.
(b) To bring him some food and water.
(c) To talk to Prospero for him.
(d) To show him Prospero's magical books.
4. Why do Sebastian and Antonio vow to help Alonso find Ferdinand following the banquet?
(a) They want to make amends for past deeds.
(b) They wish to carry out their murderous plan.
(c) They feel guilty and now wish to help him.
(d) They do not want to separate from the group.
5. What is Caliban happiest about after he meets Trinculo and Stephano?
(a) That he has made new friends.
(b) That he now knows what wine is.
(c) That he is free from Prospero.
(d) That the two men are not more torturous spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alonso's daughter was married in
2. The ship passengers' increasing fear and anxiety are the result of
3. What does Miranda impulsively do in Act III, Scene I?
4. What does Miranda do in response to Ferdinand's declaration of his love for her?
5. Who does Prospero feel betrayed by in Act IV, Scene I?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)