|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Gonzalo's comments about the dancing nymphs important during the banquet scene?
(a) They illuminate characteristics about the dancing nymphs.
(b) They help introduce new characters.
(c) They show that Gonzalo is capable of lust.
(d) They illuminate the contrasting characteristics of Antonio and Sebastian.
2. Antonio's treatment of Prospero when they were in Milan mirrors
(a) Prospero's treatment of Miranda.
(b) Prospero's treatment of Ferdinand.
(c) Stephano's treatment of Caliban.
(d) Prospero's treatment of Caliban.
3. What is one of Sebastian's reservations about Antonio's plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) That they will never get off the island anyway.
(b) That Alonso will soon wake up.
(c) That Alonso's daughter would then inherit the throne.
(d) That Antonio is tricking him.
4. Caliban believes the island is
(b) His birthright.
5. What is the parallel to Trinculo and Stephano dressing up in borrowed clothes?
(a) Antonio's and Sebastian's borrowed power.
(b) Ariel borrowing Prospero's magical powers.
(c) Caliban borrowing the men's wine.
(d) Prospero's borrowing of Ferdinand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Antonio and Sebastian plan to do in Act II, Scene I?
2. Why does Prospero want the men to see a banquet and then have it taken away?
3. Trinculo wants to take Caliban back to where?
4. Although the ship passengers believe the ship is gone, it is actually
5. What does Caliban ask Stephano to do?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)