|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miranda regret doing while talking to Ferdinand?
(a) Not acting ladylike.
(b) Going against her father's wishes.
(c) Offering to help him.
(d) Telling him her name.
2. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
3. In Act IV, Scene I, how is Prospero feeling toward Caliban?
(a) Prospero feels sorry for Caliban.
(b) Prospero is disgusted with Caliban.
(c) Prospero wants to befriend Caliban.
(d) Prospero feels betrayed by Caliban.
4. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
(a) Because she wants to know where they came from.
(b) Because she wants to hear a story.
(c) Because she is concerned about the people on the ship.
(d) Because she has always asked him about it.
5. Who is watching Ferdinand and Miranda from a distance in Act III, Scene I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
2. Prospero and Miranda were given provisions and books on the boat by
3. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
4. While discussing the plan with Caliban, what is Stephano's main objective?
5. Ferdinand is the prince of
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)