|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the banquet supposed to elicit in the men?
2. Why does Miranda urge Ferdinand not to work so hard?
(a) She wants him to spend time with her.
(b) It upsets her seeing him like that.
(c) He will hurt himself.
(d) He will overtire too soon.
3. Who are "the rabble"?
(a) Ariel, Prospero and Miranda.
(b) Gonzalo, Miranda and Ferdinand.
(c) Stephano, Trinculo and Caliban.
(d) Alonso, Antonio and Sebastian.
4. What does Prospero do at the end of Act III, Scene I?
(a) Returns to studying his magic book.
(b) Tells Ariel he will free him.
(c) Goes looking for Antonio.
(d) Sends torturous spirits to Caliban.
5. What motif does the scene between Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano and their assassination plan reflect?
(a) The magic motif.
(b) The conspiracy motif.
(c) The Ariel motif.
(d) The tempest motif.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
2. Why is Gonzalo's comments about the dancing nymphs important during the banquet scene?
3. Caliban is the offspring of
4. What does Prospero tell the spirits to do?
5. Prospero accuses Ferdinand of
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)