|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only nobleman who has a calm and positive attitude during the storm at sea is
2. What is the strange noise that Gonzalo claims he heard?
(a) Alonso talking in his sleep.
(b) Ariel's singing.
(c) Twigs breaking.
(d) Antonio's and Sebastian's whispering.
3. Why does Prospero want the men to see a banquet and then have it taken away?
(a) To show them that their power is fleeting.
(b) To allow Ariel to feel what power is like.
(c) To exert his own power over them.
(d) So that they will starve.
4. What does Prospero order Ariel to do when Stephano, Trinculo and Caliban run off?
(a) To make a deal with them so that they do not kill Prospero.
(b) To follow them with the imagined hunting dogs.
(c) To kill the three when he catches them.
(d) To run them off a cliff.
5. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
(a) Caliban and Trinculo.
(b) Caliban and Ariel.
(c) Trinculo and Ariel.
(d) Trinculo and Stephano.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assures Miranda that Ferdinand is a man and not a spirit?
2. Why does Prospero conjure the spirits to dance for Ferdinand and Miranda?
3. When Trinculo and Stephano wonder where the music is coming from, what is Caliban's reasoning?
4. Why does Stephano believe that Caliban and Trinculo are some sort of wild beasts when he sees them under the blanket?
5. What does Prospero do at the end of Act III, Scene I?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)