|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Prospero abruptly stop the marriage ceremony and change his mood?
(a) The spirits' message has no affect on Miranda and Ferdinand.
(b) He remembers his plan for Antonio, Alonso and Sebastian.
(c) He is angered by the spirits.
(d) He remembers his plan for Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban.
2. What does Prospero do at the end of Act III, Scene I?
(a) Returns to studying his magic book.
(b) Tells Ariel he will free him.
(c) Goes looking for Antonio.
(d) Sends torturous spirits to Caliban.
3. When Trinculo and Stephano wonder where the music is coming from, what is Caliban's reasoning?
(a) Singing causes nymphs to play their instruments.
(b) It is coming from a nearby island.
(c) That the island is magical.
(d) They are simply imagining it.
4. Prior to Prospero's arrival on the island, Ariel was imprisoned by
5. In his soliloquy in Act IV, Scene I, what does Prospero insinuate a personal connection to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assures Miranda that Ferdinand is a man and not a spirit?
2. Antonio is the brother of
3. What does Miranda tell Ferdinand after he meets Prospero for the first time?
4. Why does Stephano believe that Caliban and Trinculo are some sort of wild beasts when he sees them under the blanket?
5. What subplot comes to an end at the completion of Act IV, Scene I?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)