|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act III, Scene II, who does Caliban vow to serve?
2. What does Caliban beg of Stephano when he first meets him?
(a) To help him off the island.
(b) To sing for him.
(c) To get Trinculo out from under his robes.
(d) To be left alone.
3. What does Caliban believe Trinculo to be?
(a) A pillager come to ruin the island.
(b) Another torturous spirit.
(c) Miranda's new suitor.
(d) One of the sailors washed ashore.
4. What motif does the scene between Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano and their assassination plan reflect?
(a) The tempest motif.
(b) The conspiracy motif.
(c) The magic motif.
(d) The Ariel motif.
5. Miranda dislikes Caliban, because
(a) He is rude.
(b) He tried to rape her.
(c) He tries to trick her with magic.
(d) He is malformed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prior to Prospero releasing him, Ariel was stuck for twelve years in a
2. How does one character finally get Caliban to calm down in Act II, Scene II?
3. Which character says: "We are such stuff/As dreams are made on"?
4. Who provides music and sings along with Stephano and Trinculo?
5. What part of the scene in which Caliban plans the assassination is somewhat poetic and shows the depth of Caliban?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)