|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antonio is the brother of
2. At the beginning of Act IV, Scene I, what does Prospero tell Ferdinand?
(a) He has more chores for him to do.
(b) The trials he has endured were tests of love.
(c) He will teach him magic from his books.
(d) He will never be allowed to marry Miranda.
3. Miranda dislikes Caliban, because
(a) He is malformed.
(b) He is rude.
(c) He tries to trick her with magic.
(d) He tried to rape her.
4. What does the banquet scene reveal about Alonso, Sebastian and Antonio?
(a) That Alonso feels guilt for what he did, while the other two do not.
(b) That the men are easily fooled.
(c) That Alonso, Antonio and Sebastian do not feel guilt for what they did.
(d) That Antonio and Sebastian feel guilt for what they did, while Alonso does not.
5. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
(a) To bring him back to Milan with Prospero.
(b) To free him once he completes Prospero's orders.
(c) To put him back in the tree if he does not obey.
(d) To allow him to marry Miranda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gonzalo contrast to the character of his present company during the banquet?
2. What are Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban arguing about in their drunken stupor?
3. What does Miranda do when Ferdinand confesses his love for her?
4. Why does Stephano believe that Caliban and Trinculo are some sort of wild beasts when he sees them under the blanket?
5. Who does Prospero feel betrayed by in Act IV, Scene I?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)