|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
(a) She has only ever seen Prospero and Caliban before him.
(b) He treats her well and loves her.
(c) He is a prince and will inherit the kingdom of Naples.
(d) He is intelligent and understands her.
2. What does Ferdinand say he is willing to do to win Miranda?
(b) Pay Prospero off.
(d) Renounce his kingdom.
3. What does Miranda do when Ferdinand confesses his love for her?
(c) Runs away.
4. Why do Sebastian and Antonio vow to help Alonso find Ferdinand following the banquet?
(a) They want to make amends for past deeds.
(b) They wish to carry out their murderous plan.
(c) They feel guilty and now wish to help him.
(d) They do not want to separate from the group.
5. What does Trinculo believe Caliban to be?
(a) A spirit.
(b) A prisoner.
(c) A boar.
(d) A fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prospero say in his soliloquy about Miranda and Ferdinand?
2. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
3. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
4. Antonio's treatment of Prospero when they were in Milan mirrors
5. Who does Prospero feel betrayed by in Act IV, Scene I?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)