|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Gonzalo's comments about the dancing nymphs important during the banquet scene?
(a) They show that Gonzalo is capable of lust.
(b) They help introduce new characters.
(c) They illuminate the contrasting characteristics of Antonio and Sebastian.
(d) They illuminate characteristics about the dancing nymphs.
2. When awakened, Alonso asks Sebastian and Antonio why they have their swords drawn. What is their excuse?
(a) They heard something and were preparing to protect everyone.
(b) They were having a heated argument.
(c) They were seeing whose sword was bigger.
(d) They were practicing their swordsmanship.
3. At the beginning of Act III, Scene II, who does Caliban vow to serve?
4. How does one character finally get Caliban to calm down in Act II, Scene II?
(a) By singing him a song.
(b) By giving Caliban wine.
(c) By giving him money.
(d) By saying nice things to Caliban.
5. What does Caliban ask Stephano to do?
(a) Help kidnap Miranda.
(b) Take him with him off of the island.
(c) Kill Prospero.
(d) Kill Trinculo.
Short Answer Questions
1. In speaking to Stephano, what does Caliban describe as very important?
2. Although the ship passengers believe the ship is gone, it is actually
3. Why do Sebastian and Antonio vow to help Alonso find Ferdinand following the banquet?
4. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
5. In the false banquet scene, what characteristic of Gonzalo is revealed that he shares with Miranda and Ferdinand?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)