|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ferdinand sees Miranda for the first time, he believes she is a
2. What spirits does Prospero conjure after blessing Ferdinand and Miranda's marriage?
(a) Ariel, Iris and Ceres.
(b) Juno, Iris and Ceres.
(c) Sycorax, Juno and Iris.
(d) Sycoraz, Ceres and Iris.
3. Prior to Prospero's arrival on the island, Ariel was imprisoned by
4. What part of the scene in which Caliban plans the assassination is somewhat poetic and shows the depth of Caliban?
(a) His request for Trinculo and Stephano to sing.
(b) His anger and spite against Prospero.
(c) His wish to marry Miranda.
(d) His speech about the magic of the island.
5. What are Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban arguing about in their drunken stupor?
(a) Where the ship has gone.
(b) Which one of them will marry Miranda.
(c) How they will kill Prospero.
(d) Whether or not they have been fooled by the island spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
2. What does Miranda impulsively do in Act III, Scene I?
3. In order to render Ferdinand defenseless after he draws his sword, Prospero
4. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise Ariel yet again?
5. What does Caliban ask Stephano to do?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)