|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act IV, Scene I, Prospero's speech mirrors that of which other character?
2. When Act II, Scene II opens, what is Caliban doing?
(a) Cursing Prospero.
(b) Carrying jugs of water.
(c) Looking for Miranda.
(d) Running from torturous spirits.
3. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
(a) His people loved him and would resent Antonio for the murder.
(b) His people are peaceful and not aggressive.
(c) His people are sympathetic and pitied them.
(d) His people would have then killed Antonio.
4. What are Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban arguing about in their drunken stupor?
(a) Which one of them will marry Miranda.
(b) How they will kill Prospero.
(c) Where the ship has gone.
(d) Whether or not they have been fooled by the island spirit.
5. What is one of the things Caliban promises to Stephano and Trinculo in his drunken state?
(a) To show them the magical secrets of the island.
(b) That he will take them to their ship.
(c) That he will protect them from harm.
(d) To lead them back home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonio offer to do in order to persuade Sebastian to go along with the plan?
2. Why does Prospero conjure the spirits to dance for Ferdinand and Miranda?
3. Who ties to calm down Caliban in Act II, Scene II?
4. When Miranda first meets Ferdinand, she believes he is
5. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)