|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act III, Scene I, what does Prospero have Ferdinand doing?
(a) Stacking firewood.
(b) Preparing food.
(c) Mending his clothes.
(d) Building a fire.
2. Who does Caliban talk about at length to Stephano?
3. What does Miranda offer to Ferdinand while he is working?
(a) To bring him some food and water.
(b) To talk to Prospero for him.
(c) To work in Ferdinand's place.
(d) To show him Prospero's magical books.
4. Alonso is the king of
5. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
(a) Because she wants to hear a story.
(b) Because she has always asked him about it.
(c) Because she is concerned about the people on the ship.
(d) Because she wants to know where they came from.
Short Answer Questions
1. Caliban believes the island is
2. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
3. Who provides music and sings along with Stephano and Trinculo?
4. In the false banquet scene, Gonzalo catches on to Antonio's and Sebastian's plan but identifies the wrong motivation for it. What does he believe their motivation to be?
5. When Act II, Scene II opens, what is Caliban doing?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)