|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Prospero conjure the spirits to dance for Ferdinand and Miranda?
(a) He was bored and wanted the entertainment.
(b) He wanted to surprise them with an early wedding gift.
(c) He wanted to display his power to Ferdinand.
(d) He saw Ferdinand getting too close to Miranda.
2. What distracts Trinculo and Stephano from their original plan?
(a) Caliban's distorted visage.
(b) The mysterious sounds in the forest.
(c) Their fear of the island spirit Caliban spoke of.
(d) The clothes Prospero set out, which they try on.
3. Who lulls the lords searching for Ferdinand into a deep sleep during their banter?
4. Why does Alonso believe, following the false banquet, that Ferdinand is dead?
(a) Because the dancing spirits showed him Ferdinand's dead body.
(b) Because he played a role in Prospero's and Miranda's banishment.
(c) Because they would have found him by now.
(d) Because he is a corrupt and evil king.
5. While discussing the plan with Caliban, what is Stephano's main objective?
(a) To marry Miranda.
(b) To kill Caliban.
(c) To find his shipmates.
(d) To escape back to the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ferdinand prefer not to do Prospero's work?
2. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
3. What are Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban arguing about in their drunken stupor?
4. What does the banquet scene reveal about Alonso, Sebastian and Antonio?
5. When Trinculo and Stephano wonder where the music is coming from, what is Caliban's reasoning?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)