|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago was Antonio's usurpation of Prospero's throne in Milan?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Seventeen years.
2. Who are "the rabble"?
(a) Alonso, Antonio and Sebastian.
(b) Stephano, Trinculo and Caliban.
(c) Gonzalo, Miranda and Ferdinand.
(d) Ariel, Prospero and Miranda.
3. Who accuses Alonso, Antonio and Sebastian of being the men of sin?
(c) The dancing spirits.
4. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
(a) Prospero and Ferdinand.
(b) Prospero and Caliban.
(c) Prospero and Trinculo.
(d) Prospero and Gonzalo.
5. The only nobleman who has a calm and positive attitude during the storm at sea is
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
2. In Act IV, Scene I, Prospero's speech mirrors that of which other character?
3. By the beginning of Act III, Scene II, what is the state of Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
4. Gonzalo's attempt to comfort his king are mocked by whom?
5. Prospero gained his power from his books and
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)