|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Sebastian and Antonio vow to help Alonso find Ferdinand following the banquet?
(a) They do not want to separate from the group.
(b) They wish to carry out their murderous plan.
(c) They want to make amends for past deeds.
(d) They feel guilty and now wish to help him.
2. What is one of the things Caliban promises to Stephano and Trinculo in his drunken state?
(a) That he will protect them from harm.
(b) To show them the magical secrets of the island.
(c) That he will take them to their ship.
(d) To lead them back home.
3. Who chastises Alonso for allowing his daughter to marry an African?
4. Why do Trinculo and Stephano threaten to beat Caliban?
(a) They believe he is lying to them about the island spirit.
(b) They believe he lost their bottles of wine.
(c) They think he will back out of their plan to murder Prospero.
(d) They think he is leading them in circles.
5. Although coming from different worlds, Miranda and Ferdinand are similar because of their
(b) Moral beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Caliban is the offspring of
2. Which character says: "We are such stuff/As dreams are made on"?
3. What is the banquet supposed to elicit in the men?
4. Why does Prospero conjure the spirits to dance for Ferdinand and Miranda?
5. How does one character finally get Caliban to calm down in Act II, Scene II?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)