|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) He tells him that they can combine powers once he is king of Naples.
(b) He describes the riches he will gain as the king of Naples.
(c) He explains how much he benefited from taking Prospero's throne.
(d) He tells him how much fun it is to be a king.
2. Who leads Ferdinand to Prospero?
3. What does Miranda impulsively do in Act III, Scene I?
(a) Kisses Ferdinand.
(b) Tells Ferdinand to run away.
(c) Tells Ferdinand the secrets of the island.
(d) Tells Ferdinand her name.
4. Although coming from different worlds, Miranda and Ferdinand are similar because of their
(c) Moral beliefs.
5. What is the strange noise that Gonzalo claims he heard?
(a) Twigs breaking.
(b) Alonso talking in his sleep.
(c) Ariel's singing.
(d) Antonio's and Sebastian's whispering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
2. How does Ariel appear to the men during the banquet?
3. What does Prospero order Ariel to do when Stephano, Trinculo and Caliban run off?
4. Why does Trinculo hide underneath Caliban's robes?
5. In his soliloquy, what does Ferdinand say makes his job easier?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)