|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to take over the throne of Naples?
2. Prospero seeks revenge against
(a) Alonso and Ferdinand.
(b) Antonio and Sebastian.
(c) Antonio, Alonso and Sebastian.
(d) Antonio and Gonzalo.
3. What subplot comes to an end at the completion of Act IV, Scene I?
(a) The deal between Prospero and Ariel.
(b) Ariel's dedication to Prospero.
(c) Prospero's use of his magical powers.
(d) The plan by Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano to kill Prospero.
4. Antonio is the brother of
5. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
(a) It is not specifically defined.
(b) That it will spite Alonso and any plans he had for his son.
(c) That it is a good union that will bring Naples and Milan together.
(d) That it will finally get him and his daughter off of the island.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does one character finally get Caliban to calm down in Act II, Scene II?
2. What part of the scene in which Caliban plans the assassination is somewhat poetic and shows the depth of Caliban?
3. Who provides music and sings along with Stephano and Trinculo?
4. What does Prospero do at the end of Act III, Scene I?
5. Why does Prospero abruptly stop the marriage ceremony and change his mood?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)