|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ariel and Prospero do to disguise themselves from Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
(a) They float into the air.
(b) They become invisible.
(c) They dress up in camouflage clothing.
(d) They hide in the tree tops.
2. Who thwarts Antonio's and Sebastian's plan in Act II, Scene I?
3. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
4. What is Caliban happiest about after he meets Trinculo and Stephano?
(a) That he now knows what wine is.
(b) That he is free from Prospero.
(c) That he has made new friends.
(d) That the two men are not more torturous spirits.
5. Why does Alonso believe, following the false banquet, that Ferdinand is dead?
(a) Because he is a corrupt and evil king.
(b) Because the dancing spirits showed him Ferdinand's dead body.
(c) Because they would have found him by now.
(d) Because he played a role in Prospero's and Miranda's banishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miranda regret doing while talking to Ferdinand?
2. Why does Ferdinand prefer not to do Prospero's work?
3. What does Prospero conjure in order to derange Alonso, Gonzalo, Antonio and Sebastian while they are resting?
4. What is one of Sebastian's reservations about Antonio's plan in Act II, Scene I?
5. Prospero's magical power comes from
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)