|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Sebastian and Antonio vow to help Alonso find Ferdinand following the banquet?
(a) They want to make amends for past deeds.
(b) They wish to carry out their murderous plan.
(c) They feel guilty and now wish to help him.
(d) They do not want to separate from the group.
2. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
(a) Prospero and Caliban.
(b) Prospero and Ferdinand.
(c) Prospero and Gonzalo.
(d) Prospero and Trinculo.
3. What does Miranda urge Ferdinand to do while he is working?
(a) To leave her alone.
(b) To work harder.
(c) To not work so hard.
(d) To run away.
4. Why does Ariel leave Antonio and Sebastian awake?
(a) Prospero meant for them to be awake.
(b) Prospero forgot about them.
(c) Ariel wanted to go against Prospero's orders.
(d) Ariel took pity on them.
5. Who listens in on Caliban's and Stephano's conversation?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
2. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
3. What does Antonio offer to do in order to persuade Sebastian to go along with the plan?
4. In the false banquet scene, what characteristic of Gonzalo is revealed that he shares with Miranda and Ferdinand?
5. Although the ship passengers believe the ship is gone, it is actually
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)