|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero was more interested in
2. What does Trinculo believe Caliban to be?
(a) A spirit.
(b) A fish.
(c) A boar.
(d) A prisoner.
3. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) He tells him that they can combine powers once he is king of Naples.
(b) He tells him how much fun it is to be a king.
(c) He explains how much he benefited from taking Prospero's throne.
(d) He describes the riches he will gain as the king of Naples.
4. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
(a) Prospero and Caliban.
(b) Prospero and Trinculo.
(c) Prospero and Ferdinand.
(d) Prospero and Gonzalo.
5. By the beginning of Act III, Scene II, what is the state of Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miranda tell Ferdinand after he meets Prospero for the first time?
2. Who assures Miranda that Ferdinand is a man and not a spirit?
3. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
4. What is one way in which Ferdinand's life differs from Miranda's?
5. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)