|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the lords is the only person who tries comforting Alonso, who believes his son is gone?
2. Prior to Prospero's arrival on the island, Ariel was imprisoned by
3. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
4. Trinculo wants to take Caliban back to where?
5. What part of the scene in which Caliban plans the assassination is somewhat poetic and shows the depth of Caliban?
(a) His anger and spite against Prospero.
(b) His speech about the magic of the island.
(c) His request for Trinculo and Stephano to sing.
(d) His wish to marry Miranda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alonso is the king of
2. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
3. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
4. At the beginning of Act III, Scene I, what does Prospero have Ferdinand doing?
5. Gonzalo's attempt to comfort his king are mocked by whom?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)