|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prior to Prospero's arrival on the island, Ariel was imprisoned by
2. Why does Ariel leave Antonio and Sebastian awake?
(a) Ariel wanted to go against Prospero's orders.
(b) Prospero forgot about them.
(c) Ariel took pity on them.
(d) Prospero meant for them to be awake.
3. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
(a) He is intelligent and understands her.
(b) He is a prince and will inherit the kingdom of Naples.
(c) She has only ever seen Prospero and Caliban before him.
(d) He treats her well and loves her.
4. Who does Caliban talk about at length to Stephano?
5. What does the scene between Stephano, Trinculo and Caliban provide to the reader?
(b) Comic relief.
(c) Frightening tension.
(d) Enlightening insight.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act III, Scene I, what does Prospero have Ferdinand doing?
2. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
3. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
4. What does Trinculo believe Caliban to be?
5. Alonso is the king of
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)