|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alonso believe, following the false banquet, that Ferdinand is dead?
(a) Because he is a corrupt and evil king.
(b) Because he played a role in Prospero's and Miranda's banishment.
(c) Because the dancing spirits showed him Ferdinand's dead body.
(d) Because they would have found him by now.
2. Prospero's magical power comes from
(b) His staff.
(c) His books.
(d) The trees.
3. What does Caliban beg of Stephano when he first meets him?
(a) To be left alone.
(b) To get Trinculo out from under his robes.
(c) To sing for him.
(d) To help him off the island.
4. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
(a) his sanity.
(b) his men.
(c) his kingdom.
(d) his daughter.
5. Alonso is the king of
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
2. The only nobleman who has a calm and positive attitude during the storm at sea is
3. Why does Prospero want the men to see a banquet and then have it taken away?
4. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
5. At the beginning of Act III, Scene I, what does Prospero have Ferdinand doing?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)