|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two men who retreat to their cabins during the storm are
(a) Alonso and Gonzalo.
(b) Alonso and Ferdinand.
(c) Antonio and Gonzalo.
(d) Alonso and Antonio.
2. How does Ariel appear to the men during the banquet?
(a) Dressed like a nymph.
(b) In a monstrous disguise.
(c) Dressed like Prospero.
(d) As himself.
3. When Miranda first meets Ferdinand, she believes he is
(a) A peasant.
(b) A king.
(c) A thief.
(d) A spirit.
4. What does the banquet scene reveal about Alonso, Sebastian and Antonio?
(a) That Antonio and Sebastian feel guilt for what they did, while Alonso does not.
(b) That Alonso feels guilt for what he did, while the other two do not.
(c) That Alonso, Antonio and Sebastian do not feel guilt for what they did.
(d) That the men are easily fooled.
5. Why does Trinculo hide underneath Caliban's robes?
(a) Caliban promises to protect him.
(b) He hears thunder and thinks another storm is coming.
(c) He heard noises in the distance and is afraid.
(d) He wants to be safe from the island's spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero gained his power from his books and
2. Who thwarts Antonio's and Sebastian's plan in Act II, Scene I?
3. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
4. What part of the scene in which Caliban plans the assassination is somewhat poetic and shows the depth of Caliban?
5. When Ferdinand sees Miranda for the first time, he believes she is a
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)