|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When awakened, Alonso asks Sebastian and Antonio why they have their swords drawn. What is their excuse?
(a) They were having a heated argument.
(b) They were seeing whose sword was bigger.
(c) They were practicing their swordsmanship.
(d) They heard something and were preparing to protect everyone.
2. Gonzalo's attempt to comfort his king are mocked by whom?
(a) Sebastian, Adrian and Alonso.
(b) Antonio, Sebastian and Alonso.
(c) Antonio, Sebastian and Adrian
(d) Antonio, Adrian and Alonso.
3. Why do Sebastian and Antonio vow to help Alonso find Ferdinand following the banquet?
(a) They do not want to separate from the group.
(b) They feel guilty and now wish to help him.
(c) They want to make amends for past deeds.
(d) They wish to carry out their murderous plan.
4. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
(a) his kingdom.
(b) his sanity.
(c) his men.
(d) his daughter.
5. Although coming from different worlds, Miranda and Ferdinand are similar because of their
(b) Moral beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Trinculo wants to take Caliban back to where?
2. At the beginning of Act III, Scene II, who does Caliban vow to serve?
3. Who thwarts Antonio's and Sebastian's plan in Act II, Scene I?
4. Antonio is the brother of
5. What does Miranda do in response to Ferdinand's declaration of his love for her?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)