|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Sebastian and Antonio vow to help Alonso find Ferdinand following the banquet?
(a) They wish to carry out their murderous plan.
(b) They want to make amends for past deeds.
(c) They feel guilty and now wish to help him.
(d) They do not want to separate from the group.
2. What does Ferdinand say he is willing to do to win Miranda?
(b) Pay Prospero off.
(c) Renounce his kingdom.
3. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
(a) To put him back in the tree if he does not obey.
(b) To free him once he completes Prospero's orders.
(c) To bring him back to Milan with Prospero.
(d) To allow him to marry Miranda.
4. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
5. At the end of Act II, Scene II, what is Caliban doing?
(a) Building a fire.
(c) Cursing Stephano and Trinculo.
(d) Singing happily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prospero conjure in order to derange Alonso, Gonzalo, Antonio and Sebastian while they are resting?
2. The only nobleman who has a calm and positive attitude during the storm at sea is
3. Who lulls the lords searching for Ferdinand into a deep sleep during their banter?
4. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
5. Why is Gonzalo's comments about the dancing nymphs important during the banquet scene?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)