|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who thwarts Antonio's and Sebastian's plan in Act II, Scene I?
2. Why does Ferdinand not want Miranda to help him with his work?
(a) Because he wants to show off for her.
(b) Because she is too young.
(c) Because she has never done it before.
(d) Because it is too hard for her.
3. What does Miranda impulsively do in Act III, Scene I?
(a) Tells Ferdinand her name.
(b) Tells Ferdinand to run away.
(c) Kisses Ferdinand.
(d) Tells Ferdinand the secrets of the island.
4. What does Antonio offer to do in order to persuade Sebastian to go along with the plan?
(a) He promises to keep it a secret and never tell anyone.
(b) He promises he will not try to assassinate Sebastian once he is king.
(c) He offers to kill Alonso and have Sebastian kill Gonzalo.
(d) He offers to kill Gonzalo and have Sebastian kill Alonso.
5. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
2. Who listens in on Caliban's and Stephano's conversation?
3. Although coming from different worlds, Miranda and Ferdinand are similar because of their
4. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
5. Why does Ariel leave Antonio and Sebastian awake?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)