|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miranda tell Ferdinand after he meets Prospero for the first time?
(a) Prospero is planning to kill him.
(b) Prospero wants them to marry.
(c) Prospero wants to kill Ferdinand's father.
(d) Prospero is usually much kinder.
2. Why does Ferdinand prefer not to do Prospero's work?
(a) Because he is not strong enough.
(b) Because he is a prince of Naples.
(c) Because he does not want to take over the island.
(d) Because he does not want to marry Miranda.
3. What is one of the things Caliban promises to Stephano and Trinculo in his drunken state?
(a) That he will take them to their ship.
(b) To lead them back home.
(c) That he will protect them from harm.
(d) To show them the magical secrets of the island.
4. What does Trinculo wonder about Caliban after listening to his drunken speech?
(a) Why Caliban is on the island.
(b) How Caliban came to look the way he does.
(c) How quickly Caliban became drunk.
(d) How he could have been afraid of someone so weak.
5. What is Caliban happiest about after he meets Trinculo and Stephano?
(a) That he is free from Prospero.
(b) That he has made new friends.
(c) That the two men are not more torturous spirits.
(d) That he now knows what wine is.
Short Answer Questions
1. When awakened, Alonso asks Sebastian and Antonio why they have their swords drawn. What is their excuse?
2. Caliban wanted to populate the island with
3. Who lulls the lords searching for Ferdinand into a deep sleep during their banter?
4. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
5. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)