|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio offer to do in order to persuade Sebastian to go along with the plan?
(a) He promises he will not try to assassinate Sebastian once he is king.
(b) He offers to kill Gonzalo and have Sebastian kill Alonso.
(c) He offers to kill Alonso and have Sebastian kill Gonzalo.
(d) He promises to keep it a secret and never tell anyone.
2. What does Trinculo want to do with Caliban in order to make money?
(a) Have him steal from Antonio.
(b) Have him steal from Prospero.
(c) Sell him off as a slave.
(d) Show him off to the public.
3. Prospero's magical power comes from
(a) The trees.
(b) His books.
(c) His staff.
4. Who is not lulled to sleep in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Gonzalo and Sebastian.
(b) Alonso and Sebastian.
(c) Antonio and Sebastian.
(d) Antonio and Gonzalo.
5. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
Short Answer Questions
1. While discussing the plan with Caliban, what is Stephano's main objective?
2. Who is watching Ferdinand and Miranda from a distance in Act III, Scene I?
3. By the beginning of Act III, Scene II, what is the state of Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
4. Gonzalo's attempt to comfort his king are mocked by whom?
5. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)