|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who assures Miranda that Ferdinand is a man and not a spirit?
2. The ship passengers' increasing fear and anxiety are the result of
(a) The ship breaking apart.
(b) Ariel's illusions.
(c) Landing on a strange island.
(d) Something they ate.
3. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
(a) Teach him his magic.
(b) Knight him.
(c) Let him marry Miranda.
(d) Free him.
4. Prospero gives Ferdinand a hard time in order to
(a) See his true character.
(b) Anger Alonso.
(c) Gain his respect.
(d) Keep him away from Miranda.
5. What does Prospero say in his soliloquy about Miranda and Ferdinand?
(a) He does not care about their relationship.
(b) He is displeased with their growing relationship.
(c) He is pleased with their growing relationship.
(d) They are young and foolish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Caliban wanted to populate the island with
2. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
3. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
4. Trinculo views Caliban's willingness to serve as a sign of what?
5. What sets Alonso apart from Antonio in Prospero's eyes?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)