|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) He tells him how much fun it is to be a king.
(b) He tells him that they can combine powers once he is king of Naples.
(c) He describes the riches he will gain as the king of Naples.
(d) He explains how much he benefited from taking Prospero's throne.
2. Why does Ariel leave Antonio and Sebastian awake?
(a) Ariel took pity on them.
(b) Prospero forgot about them.
(c) Ariel wanted to go against Prospero's orders.
(d) Prospero meant for them to be awake.
3. Why does Prospero want the men to see a banquet and then have it taken away?
(a) So that they will starve.
(b) To show them that their power is fleeting.
(c) To allow Ariel to feel what power is like.
(d) To exert his own power over them.
4. Ferdinand is the prince of
5. What is one of Sebastian's reservations about Antonio's plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) That Alonso's daughter would then inherit the throne.
(b) That Antonio is tricking him.
(c) That Alonso will soon wake up.
(d) That they will never get off the island anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. The beginning of The Tempest takes place
2. What does Sebastian wonder about Antonio and his usurpation of Prospero's throne?
3. Who is watching Ferdinand and Miranda from a distance in Act III, Scene I?
4. What does Prospero conjure in order to derange Alonso, Gonzalo, Antonio and Sebastian while they are resting?
5. How does Ariel appear to the men during the banquet?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)