|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prospero gives Ferdinand a hard time in order to
(a) Gain his respect.
(b) Keep him away from Miranda.
(c) See his true character.
(d) Anger Alonso.
2. Why does Alonso believe, following the false banquet, that Ferdinand is dead?
(a) Because he played a role in Prospero's and Miranda's banishment.
(b) Because he is a corrupt and evil king.
(c) Because they would have found him by now.
(d) Because the dancing spirits showed him Ferdinand's dead body.
3. Why does Prospero want the men to see a banquet and then have it taken away?
(a) To allow Ariel to feel what power is like.
(b) So that they will starve.
(c) To show them that their power is fleeting.
(d) To exert his own power over them.
4. What does Prospero say in his soliloquy about Miranda and Ferdinand?
(a) He does not care about their relationship.
(b) He is displeased with their growing relationship.
(c) He is pleased with their growing relationship.
(d) They are young and foolish.
5. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
(a) Teach him how to speak.
(b) Teach him how to write.
(c) Teach him how to read.
(d) Teach him how to sing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In speaking to Stephano, what does Caliban describe as very important?
2. What does Antonio offer to do in order to persuade Sebastian to go along with the plan?
3. When Act II, Scene II opens, what is Caliban doing?
4. Caliban believes the island is
5. In the false banquet scene, what characteristic of Gonzalo is revealed that he shares with Miranda and Ferdinand?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)