|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Act II, Scene II opens, what is Caliban doing?
(a) Carrying jugs of water.
(b) Cursing Prospero.
(c) Looking for Miranda.
(d) Running from torturous spirits.
2. Who is watching Ferdinand and Miranda from a distance in Act III, Scene I?
3. What is one way in which Ferdinand's life differs from Miranda's?
(a) He is more educated than Miranda.
(b) He understands what it means to be royalty, while she does not.
(c) He has encountered many women, while she has encountered few men.
(d) He is not used to manual labor as much as she is.
4. Who assures Miranda that Ferdinand is a man and not a spirit?
5. How does one character finally get Caliban to calm down in Act II, Scene II?
(a) By giving Caliban wine.
(b) By saying nice things to Caliban.
(c) By giving him money.
(d) By singing him a song.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero and Miranda were given provisions and books on the boat by
2. Why does Ferdinand prefer not to do Prospero's work?
3. Why does Trinculo hide underneath Caliban's robes?
4. How long ago was Antonio's usurpation of Prospero's throne in Milan?
5. In order to render Ferdinand defenseless after he draws his sword, Prospero
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)