|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
(a) Trinculo and Ariel.
(b) Caliban and Trinculo.
(c) Caliban and Ariel.
(d) Trinculo and Stephano.
2. Which of the lords is the only person who tries comforting Alonso, who believes his son is gone?
3. At the end of Act II, Scene II, what is Caliban doing?
(a) Singing happily.
(c) Cursing Stephano and Trinculo.
(d) Building a fire.
4. Antonio's treatment of Prospero when they were in Milan mirrors
(a) Prospero's treatment of Caliban.
(b) Prospero's treatment of Miranda.
(c) Prospero's treatment of Ferdinand.
(d) Stephano's treatment of Caliban.
5. When awakened, Alonso asks Sebastian and Antonio why they have their swords drawn. What is their excuse?
(a) They heard something and were preparing to protect everyone.
(b) They were seeing whose sword was bigger.
(c) They were practicing their swordsmanship.
(d) They were having a heated argument.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alonso believe, following the false banquet, that Ferdinand is dead?
2. Who thwarts Antonio's and Sebastian's plan in Act II, Scene I?
3. What does Sebastian wonder about Antonio and his usurpation of Prospero's throne?
4. When Trinculo and Stephano wonder where the music is coming from, what is Caliban's reasoning?
5. What motif does the scene between Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano and their assassination plan reflect?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)