|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miranda impulsively do in Act III, Scene I?
(a) Kisses Ferdinand.
(b) Tells Ferdinand her name.
(c) Tells Ferdinand the secrets of the island.
(d) Tells Ferdinand to run away.
2. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
(a) He will have him duel with Caliban.
(b) He is too old for his daughter.
(c) He will force Ferdinand into servitude.
(d) He is everything he had hoped he would be.
3. What does Ferdinand say he is willing to do to win Miranda?
(b) Renounce his kingdom.
(d) Pay Prospero off.
4. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
(a) Tell the kingdom the king is dead.
(b) Preserve their secret.
(c) Spare their lives.
(d) Tell everyone where Prospero is.
5. What does the banquet scene reveal about Alonso, Sebastian and Antonio?
(a) That the men are easily fooled.
(b) That Alonso, Antonio and Sebastian do not feel guilt for what they did.
(c) That Antonio and Sebastian feel guilt for what they did, while Alonso does not.
(d) That Alonso feels guilt for what he did, while the other two do not.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
2. What does Caliban believe Trinculo to be?
3. What is one of Sebastian's reservations about Antonio's plan in Act II, Scene I?
4. Caliban believes the island is
5. Who pretends to be Trinculo and interrupts Stephano's and Caliban's conversation?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)