|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
2. The two men who retreat to their cabins during the storm are
(a) Alonso and Gonzalo.
(b) Alonso and Ferdinand.
(c) Antonio and Gonzalo.
(d) Alonso and Antonio.
3. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
(a) Because she is concerned about the people on the ship.
(b) Because she wants to hear a story.
(c) Because she wants to know where they came from.
(d) Because she has always asked him about it.
4. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
(a) his daughter.
(b) his sanity.
(c) his men.
(d) his kingdom.
5. What does Caliban beg of Stephano when he first meets him?
(a) To get Trinculo out from under his robes.
(b) To sing for him.
(c) To help him off the island.
(d) To be left alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
2. Caliban wanted to populate the island with
3. Who is not lulled to sleep in Act II, Scene I?
4. Trinculo wants to take Caliban back to where?
5. What does Antonio offer to do in order to persuade Sebastian to go along with the plan?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)