|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the scene between Stephano, Trinculo and Caliban provide to the reader?
(a) Frightening tension.
(b) Comic relief.
(c) Enlightening insight.
2. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
(a) Teach him how to sing.
(b) Teach him how to speak.
(c) Teach him how to write.
(d) Teach him how to read.
3. What does Caliban believe Trinculo to be?
(a) One of the sailors washed ashore.
(b) Another torturous spirit.
(c) Miranda's new suitor.
(d) A pillager come to ruin the island.
4. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
(a) Caliban and Trinculo.
(b) Trinculo and Stephano.
(c) Caliban and Ariel.
(d) Trinculo and Ariel.
5. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) He describes the riches he will gain as the king of Naples.
(b) He explains how much he benefited from taking Prospero's throne.
(c) He tells him how much fun it is to be a king.
(d) He tells him that they can combine powers once he is king of Naples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things Caliban promises to Stephano and Trinculo in his drunken state?
2. Caliban believes the island is
3. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
4. When Ferdinand sees Miranda for the first time, he believes she is a
5. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)