|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caliban beg of Stephano when he first meets him?
(a) To get Trinculo out from under his robes.
(b) To help him off the island.
(c) To be left alone.
(d) To sing for him.
2. What does Sebastian wonder about Antonio and his usurpation of Prospero's throne?
(a) If he is as courageous as Antonio.
(b) How hard it is to be the king.
(c) If it plagues his conscience.
(d) If Antonio will do it to him.
3. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
(a) Teach him how to write.
(b) Teach him how to read.
(c) Teach him how to speak.
(d) Teach him how to sing.
4. Ferdinand is surprised by Miranda, because she
(a) Has a magical father.
(b) Speaks his language.
(c) Is so beautiful.
(d) Thinks he is a spirit.
5. The only nobleman who has a calm and positive attitude during the storm at sea is
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
2. Antonio's treatment of Prospero when they were in Milan mirrors
3. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
4. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
5. What is one of Sebastian's reservations about Antonio's plan in Act II, Scene I?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)