|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
(a) Trinculo and Ariel.
(b) Trinculo and Stephano.
(c) Caliban and Trinculo.
(d) Caliban and Ariel.
2. Who leads Ferdinand to Prospero?
3. When Act II, Scene II opens, what is Caliban doing?
(a) Looking for Miranda.
(b) Running from torturous spirits.
(c) Cursing Prospero.
(d) Carrying jugs of water.
4. Gonzalo's attempt to comfort his king are mocked by whom?
(a) Sebastian, Adrian and Alonso.
(b) Antonio, Sebastian and Adrian
(c) Antonio, Adrian and Alonso.
(d) Antonio, Sebastian and Alonso.
5. The only nobleman who has a calm and positive attitude during the storm at sea is
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the scene between Stephano, Trinculo and Caliban provide to the reader?
2. Caliban believes the island is
3. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
4. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
5. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)