|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ferdinand sees Miranda for the first time, he believes she is a
2. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
(a) Let him marry Miranda.
(b) Teach him his magic.
(c) Knight him.
(d) Free him.
3. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
(a) He is intelligent and understands her.
(b) She has only ever seen Prospero and Caliban before him.
(c) He is a prince and will inherit the kingdom of Naples.
(d) He treats her well and loves her.
4. Miranda dislikes Caliban, because
(a) He is malformed.
(b) He tries to trick her with magic.
(c) He tried to rape her.
(d) He is rude.
5. What does Caliban beg of Stephano when he first meets him?
(a) To be left alone.
(b) To get Trinculo out from under his robes.
(c) To help him off the island.
(d) To sing for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assures Miranda that Ferdinand is a man and not a spirit?
2. The beginning of The Tempest takes place
3. Why does Trinculo hide underneath Caliban's robes?
4. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
5. What does Trinculo want to do with Caliban in order to make money?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)