|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prospero accuses Ferdinand of
(a) Wanting to rape Miranda.
(c) Wanting to steal the island.
(d) Polluting the island.
2. Why does Stephano believe that Caliban and Trinculo are some sort of wild beasts when he sees them under the blanket?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He has little education.
(c) He is ignorant.
(d) He has bad vision.
3. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero turned his duties over to
(a) The queen.
(b) His loyal subjects.
(d) His council.
4. What do Antonio and Sebastian plan to do in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Look for Ferdinand
(b) Assassinate Alonso.
(c) Run away.
(d) Assassinate Gonzalo.
5. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
(a) Earlier works.
(b) Modern works.
(c) Romantic works.
(d) Later works.
Short Answer Questions
1. Caliban believes the island is
2. What sets Alonso apart from Antonio in Prospero's eyes?
3. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
4. Prior to Prospero's arrival on the island, Ariel was imprisoned by
5. Gonzalo's attempt to comfort his king are mocked by whom?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)