|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
(a) He will have him duel with Caliban.
(b) He will force Ferdinand into servitude.
(c) He is everything he had hoped he would be.
(d) He is too old for his daughter.
2. When awakened, Alonso asks Sebastian and Antonio why they have their swords drawn. What is their excuse?
(a) They were having a heated argument.
(b) They were seeing whose sword was bigger.
(c) They heard something and were preparing to protect everyone.
(d) They were practicing their swordsmanship.
3. Why does Trinculo hide underneath Caliban's robes?
(a) He hears thunder and thinks another storm is coming.
(b) He wants to be safe from the island's spirits.
(c) He heard noises in the distance and is afraid.
(d) Caliban promises to protect him.
4. Ferdinand is surprised by Miranda, because she
(a) Has a magical father.
(b) Thinks he is a spirit.
(c) Is so beautiful.
(d) Speaks his language.
5. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
(a) Preserve their secret.
(b) Tell the kingdom the king is dead.
(c) Spare their lives.
(d) Tell everyone where Prospero is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miranda dislikes Caliban, because
2. Prospero gained his power from his books and
3. Prospero accuses Ferdinand of
4. Although coming from different worlds, Miranda and Ferdinand are similar because of their
5. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)