|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chastises Alonso for allowing his daughter to marry an African?
2. When Act II, Scene II opens, what is Caliban doing?
(a) Running from torturous spirits.
(b) Cursing Prospero.
(c) Carrying jugs of water.
(d) Looking for Miranda.
3. What is one thing about Caliban that Stephano finds amazing?
(a) His stupidity.
(b) His willingness to serve.
(c) His garish robe.
(d) His ability to talk.
4. What is one of Sebastian's reservations about Antonio's plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) That Alonso's daughter would then inherit the throne.
(b) That Antonio is tricking him.
(c) That they will never get off the island anyway.
(d) That Alonso will soon wake up.
5. As Caliban becomes drunk, what is one of the things he promises to Trinculo and Stephano?
(a) He promises to serve them.
(b) He promises to leave them alone.
(c) He promises to help them off of the island.
(d) He promises to help mend their clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
2. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
3. Why does Stephano believe that Caliban and Trinculo are some sort of wild beasts when he sees them under the blanket?
4. What is Caliban happiest about after he meets Trinculo and Stephano?
5. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)