|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caliban believe Trinculo to be?
(a) A pillager come to ruin the island.
(b) One of the sailors washed ashore.
(c) Miranda's new suitor.
(d) Another torturous spirit.
2. Prospero gained his power from his books and
(a) The boat.
(b) The island.
3. Why does Trinculo hide underneath Caliban's robes?
(a) He wants to be safe from the island's spirits.
(b) Caliban promises to protect him.
(c) He hears thunder and thinks another storm is coming.
(d) He heard noises in the distance and is afraid.
4. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
(a) He will have him duel with Caliban.
(b) He is too old for his daughter.
(c) He will force Ferdinand into servitude.
(d) He is everything he had hoped he would be.
5. Alonso is the king of
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
2. Prospero gives Ferdinand a hard time in order to
3. The beginning of The Tempest takes place
4. Alonso's daughter was married in
5. The only nobleman who has a calm and positive attitude during the storm at sea is
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)