|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although the ship passengers believe the ship is gone, it is actually
(a) On fire.
(b) At another island.
(c) At the bottom of the sea.
2. What is one of the things Caliban promises to Stephano and Trinculo in his drunken state?
(a) To show them the magical secrets of the island.
(b) That he will take them to their ship.
(c) That he will protect them from harm.
(d) To lead them back home.
3. Alonso's son is
4. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
5. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
(a) That it will spite Alonso and any plans he had for his son.
(b) That it will finally get him and his daughter off of the island.
(c) That it is a good union that will bring Naples and Milan together.
(d) It is not specifically defined.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
2. At the end of Act II, Scene II, what is Caliban doing?
3. Prospero accuses Ferdinand of
4. Trinculo wants to take Caliban back to where?
5. What does Antonio offer to do in order to persuade Sebastian to go along with the plan?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)