|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
(a) To bring him back to Milan with Prospero.
(b) To allow him to marry Miranda.
(c) To put him back in the tree if he does not obey.
(d) To free him once he completes Prospero's orders.
2. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero turned his duties over to
(a) His loyal subjects.
(c) The queen.
(d) His council.
3. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
(a) his daughter.
(b) his sanity.
(c) his kingdom.
(d) his men.
4. Who thwarts Antonio's and Sebastian's plan in Act II, Scene I?
5. Why does Ariel leave Antonio and Sebastian awake?
(a) Prospero meant for them to be awake.
(b) Ariel wanted to go against Prospero's orders.
(c) Ariel took pity on them.
(d) Prospero forgot about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
2. Ferdinand is the prince of
3. Alonso's son is
4. What does Trinculo believe Caliban to be?
5. The two men who retreat to their cabins during the storm are
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)