|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ship passengers' increasing fear and anxiety are the result of
(a) The ship breaking apart.
(b) Landing on a strange island.
(c) Something they ate.
(d) Ariel's illusions.
2. Trinculo views Caliban's willingness to serve as a sign of what?
3. The beginning of The Tempest takes place
(a) At sea.
(b) At a wedding ceremony.
(c) In Milan.
(d) In Tunis.
4. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero turned his duties over to
(a) His council.
(b) The queen.
(d) His loyal subjects.
5. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
(a) Because she has always asked him about it.
(b) Because she is concerned about the people on the ship.
(c) Because she wants to hear a story.
(d) Because she wants to know where they came from.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trinculo want to do with Caliban in order to make money?
2. Who chastises Alonso for allowing his daughter to marry an African?
3. Caliban is the offspring of
4. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
5. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)