|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
2. When Ferdinand sees Miranda for the first time, he believes she is a
3. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
(a) He is too old for his daughter.
(b) He will force Ferdinand into servitude.
(c) He will have him duel with Caliban.
(d) He is everything he had hoped he would be.
4. Trinculo wants to take Caliban back to where?
5. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
(a) Knight him.
(b) Free him.
(c) Teach him his magic.
(d) Let him marry Miranda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gonzalo's attempt to comfort his king are mocked by whom?
2. Prospero gained his power from his books and
3. Ferdinand is the prince of
4. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
5. What does Trinculo believe Caliban to be?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)