|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ties to calm down Caliban in Act II, Scene II?
2. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
(a) Because she has always asked him about it.
(b) Because she is concerned about the people on the ship.
(c) Because she wants to hear a story.
(d) Because she wants to know where they came from.
3. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) He tells him that they can combine powers once he is king of Naples.
(b) He tells him how much fun it is to be a king.
(c) He describes the riches he will gain as the king of Naples.
(d) He explains how much he benefited from taking Prospero's throne.
4. When Miranda first meets Ferdinand, she believes he is
(a) A spirit.
(b) A peasant.
(c) A king.
(d) A thief.
5. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
(a) Free him.
(b) Let him marry Miranda.
(c) Teach him his magic.
(d) Knight him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lulls the lords searching for Ferdinand into a deep sleep during their banter?
2. Prospero seeks revenge against
3. Why does Stephano believe that Caliban and Trinculo are some sort of wild beasts when he sees them under the blanket?
4. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
5. The two men who retreat to their cabins during the storm are
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)