|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miranda tell Ferdinand after he meets Prospero for the first time?
(a) Prospero wants to kill Ferdinand's father.
(b) Prospero is planning to kill him.
(c) Prospero is usually much kinder.
(d) Prospero wants them to marry.
2. Alonso's son is
3. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
(a) That it is immoral.
(b) That it will destroy his grand plan.
(c) That it is part of his grand plan.
(d) That it is foolish.
4. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
(a) She has only ever seen Prospero and Caliban before him.
(b) He treats her well and loves her.
(c) He is intelligent and understands her.
(d) He is a prince and will inherit the kingdom of Naples.
5. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
(a) Free him.
(b) Let him marry Miranda.
(c) Knight him.
(d) Teach him his magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Caliban is the offspring of
2. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
3. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
4. When Miranda first meets Ferdinand, she believes he is
5. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)