|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who assures Miranda that Ferdinand is a man and not a spirit?
2. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
(a) Teach him his magic.
(b) Knight him.
(c) Free him.
(d) Let him marry Miranda.
3. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
(a) His people are sympathetic and pitied them.
(b) His people are peaceful and not aggressive.
(c) His people loved him and would resent Antonio for the murder.
(d) His people would have then killed Antonio.
4. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
(a) Prospero and Gonzalo.
(b) Prospero and Ferdinand.
(c) Prospero and Trinculo.
(d) Prospero and Caliban.
5. Caliban believes the island is
(c) His birthright.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
2. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
3. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
4. Prospero seeks revenge against
5. Prior to Prospero releasing him, Ariel was stuck for twelve years in a
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)