|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
(a) That it is part of his grand plan.
(b) That it will destroy his grand plan.
(c) That it is foolish.
(d) That it is immoral.
2. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
(a) He is too old for his daughter.
(b) He is everything he had hoped he would be.
(c) He will force Ferdinand into servitude.
(d) He will have him duel with Caliban.
3. The two men who retreat to their cabins during the storm are
(a) Alonso and Gonzalo.
(b) Alonso and Antonio.
(c) Antonio and Gonzalo.
(d) Alonso and Ferdinand.
4. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
5. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
(a) Trinculo and Stephano.
(b) Trinculo and Ariel.
(c) Caliban and Trinculo.
(d) Caliban and Ariel.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
2. The beginning of The Tempest takes place
3. The ship passengers' increasing fear and anxiety are the result of
4. Prospero and Miranda were given provisions and books on the boat by
5. Prior to Prospero releasing him, Ariel was stuck for twelve years in a
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)