|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Caliban is the offspring of
2. Prior to Prospero's arrival on the island, Ariel was imprisoned by
3. In order to render Ferdinand defenseless after he draws his sword, Prospero
(a) uses his magic to send him back to the ship.
(b) uses his magic to immobilize him.
(c) talks to him sensibly.
(d) threatens to take Miranda away.
4. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
(a) Knight him.
(b) Teach him his magic.
(c) Let him marry Miranda.
(d) Free him.
5. Although the ship passengers believe the ship is gone, it is actually
(a) At the bottom of the sea.
(c) At another island.
(d) On fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero accuses Ferdinand of
2. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise Ariel yet again?
3. Prospero and Miranda were given provisions and books on the boat by
4. Miranda dislikes Caliban, because
5. Prior to Prospero releasing him, Ariel was stuck for twelve years in a
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)