|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ferdinand sees Miranda for the first time, he believes she is a
2. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
(a) He is everything he had hoped he would be.
(b) He will have him duel with Caliban.
(c) He will force Ferdinand into servitude.
(d) He is too old for his daughter.
3. The two men who retreat to their cabins during the storm are
(a) Alonso and Gonzalo.
(b) Alonso and Antonio.
(c) Alonso and Ferdinand.
(d) Antonio and Gonzalo.
4. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
(a) Modern works.
(b) Earlier works.
(c) Later works.
(d) Romantic works.
5. Prior to Prospero releasing him, Ariel was stuck for twelve years in a
Short Answer Questions
1. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
2. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero turned his duties over to
3. Prospero seeks revenge against
4. Ferdinand is the prince of
5. Prospero gives Ferdinand a hard time in order to
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)