|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two men who retreat to their cabins during the storm are
(a) Alonso and Gonzalo.
(b) Alonso and Antonio.
(c) Antonio and Gonzalo.
(d) Alonso and Ferdinand.
2. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero turned his duties over to
(a) The queen.
(b) His loyal subjects.
(d) His council.
3. Alonso is the king of
4. The beginning of The Tempest takes place
(a) In Tunis.
(b) At sea.
(c) At a wedding ceremony.
(d) In Milan.
5. Ferdinand is surprised by Miranda, because she
(a) Speaks his language.
(b) Thinks he is a spirit.
(c) Has a magical father.
(d) Is so beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads Ferdinand to Prospero?
2. Antonio's treatment of Prospero when they were in Milan mirrors
3. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
4. Prospero gained his power from his books and
5. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)