|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
(a) His people would have then killed Antonio.
(b) His people loved him and would resent Antonio for the murder.
(c) His people are peaceful and not aggressive.
(d) His people are sympathetic and pitied them.
2. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
(a) Caliban and Ariel.
(b) Caliban and Trinculo.
(c) Trinculo and Ariel.
(d) Trinculo and Stephano.
3. Although coming from different worlds, Miranda and Ferdinand are similar because of their
(d) Moral beliefs.
4. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
(a) He will have him duel with Caliban.
(b) He is too old for his daughter.
(c) He will force Ferdinand into servitude.
(d) He is everything he had hoped he would be.
5. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
(a) Two days.
(b) In a week.
(c) In one day.
(d) In three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
2. Prospero gives Ferdinand a hard time in order to
3. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
4. The beginning of The Tempest takes place
5. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)