|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miranda tell Ferdinand after he meets Prospero for the first time?
(a) Prospero wants them to marry.
(b) Prospero is usually much kinder.
(c) Prospero wants to kill Ferdinand's father.
(d) Prospero is planning to kill him.
2. Alonso's daughter was married in
3. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise Ariel yet again?
(a) The island.
4. Prospero gives Ferdinand a hard time in order to
(a) Anger Alonso.
(b) See his true character.
(c) Gain his respect.
(d) Keep him away from Miranda.
5. Antonio is the brother of
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ferdinand sees Miranda for the first time, he believes she is a
2. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
3. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
4. Prospero's magical power comes from
5. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)