|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero was more interested in
2. Prospero gained his power from his books and
(b) The boat.
(d) The island.
3. What does Miranda tell Ferdinand after he meets Prospero for the first time?
(a) Prospero wants to kill Ferdinand's father.
(b) Prospero wants them to marry.
(c) Prospero is planning to kill him.
(d) Prospero is usually much kinder.
4. Prospero accuses Ferdinand of
(a) Wanting to rape Miranda.
(b) Polluting the island.
(d) Wanting to steal the island.
5. Miranda dislikes Caliban, because
(a) He is malformed.
(b) He tried to rape her.
(c) He tries to trick her with magic.
(d) He is rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ferdinand is surprised by Miranda, because she
2. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
3. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
4. The two men who retreat to their cabins during the storm are
5. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise Ariel yet again?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)