|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prior to Prospero releasing him, Ariel was stuck for twelve years in a
2. Miranda dislikes Caliban, because
(a) He tries to trick her with magic.
(b) He is malformed.
(c) He tried to rape her.
(d) He is rude.
3. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
4. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
(a) That it will destroy his grand plan.
(b) That it is foolish.
(c) That it is part of his grand plan.
(d) That it is immoral.
5. Antonio's treatment of Prospero when they were in Milan mirrors
(a) Prospero's treatment of Caliban.
(b) Stephano's treatment of Caliban.
(c) Prospero's treatment of Ferdinand.
(d) Prospero's treatment of Miranda.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Miranda first meets Ferdinand, she believes he is
2. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
3. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
4. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
5. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)