|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prior to Prospero's arrival on the island, Ariel was imprisoned by
2. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
(a) Romantic works.
(b) Later works.
(c) Earlier works.
(d) Modern works.
3. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero was more interested in
4. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
(a) That it is a good union that will bring Naples and Milan together.
(b) That it will spite Alonso and any plans he had for his son.
(c) It is not specifically defined.
(d) That it will finally get him and his daughter off of the island.
5. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
(a) Teach him how to sing.
(b) Teach him how to read.
(c) Teach him how to write.
(d) Teach him how to speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero turned his duties over to
2. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
3. Antonio's treatment of Prospero when they were in Milan mirrors
4. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
5. Ferdinand is the prince of
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)