|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alonso is the king of
2. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
(a) Because she is concerned about the people on the ship.
(b) Because she has always asked him about it.
(c) Because she wants to know where they came from.
(d) Because she wants to hear a story.
3. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
(a) Later works.
(b) Modern works.
(c) Romantic works.
(d) Earlier works.
4. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
(a) Teach him how to write.
(b) Teach him how to read.
(c) Teach him how to sing.
(d) Teach him how to speak.
5. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
(a) Tell everyone where Prospero is.
(b) Preserve their secret.
(c) Spare their lives.
(d) Tell the kingdom the king is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
2. Caliban wanted to populate the island with
3. Prospero and Miranda were given provisions and books on the boat by
4. Prospero seeks revenge against
5. Miranda dislikes Caliban, because
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)