|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prior to Prospero releasing him, Ariel was stuck for twelve years in a
2. The beginning of The Tempest takes place
(a) At sea.
(b) In Tunis.
(c) At a wedding ceremony.
(d) In Milan.
3. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
(a) That it is immoral.
(b) That it will destroy his grand plan.
(c) That it is part of his grand plan.
(d) That it is foolish.
4. Prospero seeks revenge against
(a) Antonio and Gonzalo.
(b) Alonso and Ferdinand.
(c) Antonio and Sebastian.
(d) Antonio, Alonso and Sebastian.
5. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
Short Answer Questions
1. Caliban believes the island is
2. Prospero gained his power from his books and
3. Who assures Miranda that Ferdinand is a man and not a spirit?
4. Ferdinand is the prince of
5. Alonso's son is
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)