|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
(a) That it will finally get him and his daughter off of the island.
(b) That it will spite Alonso and any plans he had for his son.
(c) That it is a good union that will bring Naples and Milan together.
(d) It is not specifically defined.
2. Antonio is the brother of
3. Prospero gives Ferdinand a hard time in order to
(a) Keep him away from Miranda.
(b) Gain his respect.
(c) Anger Alonso.
(d) See his true character.
4. Prospero seeks revenge against
(a) Antonio and Sebastian.
(b) Antonio and Gonzalo.
(c) Antonio, Alonso and Sebastian.
(d) Alonso and Ferdinand.
5. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
(a) He will have him duel with Caliban.
(b) He is everything he had hoped he would be.
(c) He is too old for his daughter.
(d) He will force Ferdinand into servitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ferdinand is the prince of
2. What does Miranda tell Ferdinand after he meets Prospero for the first time?
3. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
4. Prospero and Miranda were given provisions and books on the boat by
5. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)