|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
2. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
(a) To free him once he completes Prospero's orders.
(b) To put him back in the tree if he does not obey.
(c) To allow him to marry Miranda.
(d) To bring him back to Milan with Prospero.
3. The beginning of The Tempest takes place
(a) At a wedding ceremony.
(b) In Milan.
(c) In Tunis.
(d) At sea.
4. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
(a) Tell the kingdom the king is dead.
(b) Spare their lives.
(c) Preserve their secret.
(d) Tell everyone where Prospero is.
5. Antonio is the brother of
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferdinand protest when Prospero accuses him of wanting to take over the island?
2. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
3. Ferdinand is the prince of
4. What does Miranda tell Ferdinand after he meets Prospero for the first time?
5. Caliban is the offspring of
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)