|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antonio is the brother of
2. Prior to Prospero releasing him, Ariel was stuck for twelve years in a
3. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
(a) He treats her well and loves her.
(b) He is intelligent and understands her.
(c) He is a prince and will inherit the kingdom of Naples.
(d) She has only ever seen Prospero and Caliban before him.
4. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
5. Ferdinand is the prince of
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero's magical power comes from
2. Ferdinand is surprised by Miranda, because she
3. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
4. The beginning of The Tempest takes place
5. Prospero gained his power from his books and
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)