|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ship passengers' increasing fear and anxiety are the result of
(a) Ariel's illusions.
(b) The ship breaking apart.
(c) Landing on a strange island.
(d) Something they ate.
2. When Miranda first meets Ferdinand, she believes he is
(a) A spirit.
(b) A king.
(c) A peasant.
(d) A thief.
3. Prior to Prospero's arrival on the island, Ariel was imprisoned by
4. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
(a) To put him back in the tree if he does not obey.
(b) To allow him to marry Miranda.
(c) To bring him back to Milan with Prospero.
(d) To free him once he completes Prospero's orders.
5. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
(a) Teach him how to speak.
(b) Teach him how to read.
(c) Teach him how to sing.
(d) Teach him how to write.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ferdinand is surprised by Miranda, because she
2. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
3. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
4. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
5. What does Miranda tell Ferdinand after he meets Prospero for the first time?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)