|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Caliban believes the island is
(d) His birthright.
2. Ferdinand is surprised by Miranda, because she
(a) Is so beautiful.
(b) Speaks his language.
(c) Has a magical father.
(d) Thinks he is a spirit.
3. Who leads Ferdinand to Prospero?
4. Prospero gained his power from his books and
(a) The boat.
(d) The island.
5. The beginning of The Tempest takes place
(a) At a wedding ceremony.
(b) At sea.
(c) In Milan.
(d) In Tunis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
2. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero turned his duties over to
3. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
4. Antonio thinks the Boatswain is being rude by not adhering to his
5. What does Ferdinand protest when Prospero accuses him of wanting to take over the island?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)