|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two men who retreat to their cabins during the storm are
(a) Alonso and Antonio.
(b) Antonio and Gonzalo.
(c) Alonso and Gonzalo.
(d) Alonso and Ferdinand.
2. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero turned his duties over to
(a) The queen.
(c) His loyal subjects.
(d) His council.
3. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
(a) To free him once he completes Prospero's orders.
(b) To allow him to marry Miranda.
(c) To put him back in the tree if he does not obey.
(d) To bring him back to Milan with Prospero.
4. Alonso is the king of
5. Miranda dislikes Caliban, because
(a) He is rude.
(b) He tried to rape her.
(c) He is malformed.
(d) He tries to trick her with magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. The beginning of The Tempest takes place
2. Who assures Miranda that Ferdinand is a man and not a spirit?
3. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
4. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
5. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise Ariel yet again?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)