|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero turned his duties over to
(a) His loyal subjects.
(b) The queen.
(d) His council.
2. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
(a) Trinculo and Stephano.
(b) Trinculo and Ariel.
(c) Caliban and Ariel.
(d) Caliban and Trinculo.
3. Caliban wanted to populate the island with
(a) Coconut trees.
(c) His children.
(d) Other spirits.
4. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
(a) He is everything he had hoped he would be.
(b) He will force Ferdinand into servitude.
(c) He is too old for his daughter.
(d) He will have him duel with Caliban.
5. Ferdinand is surprised by Miranda, because she
(a) Speaks his language.
(b) Is so beautiful.
(c) Thinks he is a spirit.
(d) Has a magical father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
2. When Ferdinand sees Miranda for the first time, he believes she is a
3. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
4. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
5. Alonso's son is
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)