|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
(a) Preserve their secret.
(b) Tell the kingdom the king is dead.
(c) Tell everyone where Prospero is.
(d) Spare their lives.
2. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
(a) Knight him.
(b) Free him.
(c) Let him marry Miranda.
(d) Teach him his magic.
3. Ferdinand is the prince of
4. Although the ship passengers believe the ship is gone, it is actually
(a) At another island.
(b) At the bottom of the sea.
(c) On fire.
5. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
(a) He will force Ferdinand into servitude.
(b) He is everything he had hoped he would be.
(c) He is too old for his daughter.
(d) He will have him duel with Caliban.
Short Answer Questions
1. Caliban is the offspring of
2. Alonso's son is
3. Prospero seeks revenge against
4. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
5. Who assures Miranda that Ferdinand is a man and not a spirit?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)