|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alonso's daughter was married in
2. Prospero seeks revenge against
(a) Antonio, Alonso and Sebastian.
(b) Antonio and Sebastian.
(c) Antonio and Gonzalo.
(d) Alonso and Ferdinand.
3. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
(a) Later works.
(b) Earlier works.
(c) Romantic works.
(d) Modern works.
4. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
(a) Because she is concerned about the people on the ship.
(b) Because she has always asked him about it.
(c) Because she wants to hear a story.
(d) Because she wants to know where they came from.
5. Prospero's magical power comes from
(b) His books.
(c) The trees.
(d) His staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
2. Caliban wanted to populate the island with
3. Prospero gained his power from his books and
4. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
5. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)