|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
(a) His people are peaceful and not aggressive.
(b) His people would have then killed Antonio.
(c) His people are sympathetic and pitied them.
(d) His people loved him and would resent Antonio for the murder.
2. Antonio is the brother of
3. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
(a) Because she is concerned about the people on the ship.
(b) Because she wants to hear a story.
(c) Because she wants to know where they came from.
(d) Because she has always asked him about it.
4. Prospero seeks revenge against
(a) Antonio and Gonzalo.
(b) Alonso and Ferdinand.
(c) Antonio, Alonso and Sebastian.
(d) Antonio and Sebastian.
5. Prior to Prospero's arrival on the island, Ariel was imprisoned by
Short Answer Questions
1. Alonso's son is
2. Caliban is the offspring of
3. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero was more interested in
4. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
5. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)