|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antonio's treatment of Prospero when they were in Milan mirrors
(a) Stephano's treatment of Caliban.
(b) Prospero's treatment of Miranda.
(c) Prospero's treatment of Caliban.
(d) Prospero's treatment of Ferdinand.
2. Antonio thinks the Boatswain is being rude by not adhering to his
3. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero was more interested in
4. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
(a) Let him marry Miranda.
(b) Teach him his magic.
(c) Free him.
(d) Knight him.
5. Caliban is the offspring of
Short Answer Questions
1. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
2. Prior to Prospero's arrival on the island, Ariel was imprisoned by
3. Caliban believes the island is
4. Prospero gained his power from his books and
5. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)