|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero was more interested in
2. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
(a) Tell the kingdom the king is dead.
(b) Preserve their secret.
(c) Tell everyone where Prospero is.
(d) Spare their lives.
3. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
(a) Teach him how to speak.
(b) Teach him how to sing.
(c) Teach him how to write.
(d) Teach him how to read.
4. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
(a) In one day.
(b) Two days.
(c) In three days.
(d) In a week.
5. Caliban is the offspring of
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
2. Miranda dislikes Caliban, because
3. Prospero gained his power from his books and
4. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
5. Antonio's treatment of Prospero when they were in Milan mirrors
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)