|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
(a) Tell the kingdom the king is dead.
(b) Spare their lives.
(c) Tell everyone where Prospero is.
(d) Preserve their secret.
2. Caliban is the offspring of
3. Caliban believes the island is
(a) His birthright.
4. Although the ship passengers believe the ship is gone, it is actually
(a) On fire.
(b) At the bottom of the sea.
(d) At another island.
5. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
(a) Teach him how to sing.
(b) Teach him how to write.
(c) Teach him how to read.
(d) Teach him how to speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero turned his duties over to
2. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
3. The beginning of The Tempest takes place
4. Prospero's magical power comes from
5. Antonio's treatment of Prospero when they were in Milan mirrors
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)