|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
2. Caliban wanted to populate the island with
(b) Other spirits.
(c) Coconut trees.
(d) His children.
3. Alonso is the king of
4. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
(a) Because she wants to hear a story.
(b) Because she is concerned about the people on the ship.
(c) Because she wants to know where they came from.
(d) Because she has always asked him about it.
5. Although the ship passengers believe the ship is gone, it is actually
(a) At the bottom of the sea.
(c) On fire.
(d) At another island.
Short Answer Questions
1. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
2. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
3. Antonio is the brother of
4. Prior to Prospero's arrival on the island, Ariel was imprisoned by
5. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)