|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
(a) Let him marry Miranda.
(b) Teach him his magic.
(c) Free him.
(d) Knight him.
2. Prospero gained his power from his books and
(a) The island.
(c) The boat.
3. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
(a) Prospero and Caliban.
(b) Prospero and Trinculo.
(c) Prospero and Ferdinand.
(d) Prospero and Gonzalo.
4. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
(a) Because she wants to know where they came from.
(b) Because she has always asked him about it.
(c) Because she is concerned about the people on the ship.
(d) Because she wants to hear a story.
5. The only nobleman who has a calm and positive attitude during the storm at sea is
Short Answer Questions
1. Alonso's son is
2. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
3. Alonso is the king of
4. Miranda dislikes Caliban, because
5. Alonso's daughter was married in
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)