|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prospero seeks revenge against
(a) Antonio, Alonso and Sebastian.
(b) Alonso and Ferdinand.
(c) Antonio and Sebastian.
(d) Antonio and Gonzalo.
2. Antonio's treatment of Prospero when they were in Milan mirrors
(a) Prospero's treatment of Miranda.
(b) Prospero's treatment of Caliban.
(c) Prospero's treatment of Ferdinand.
(d) Stephano's treatment of Caliban.
3. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
(a) Because she wants to hear a story.
(b) Because she wants to know where they came from.
(c) Because she is concerned about the people on the ship.
(d) Because she has always asked him about it.
4. Alonso's son is
5. Prior to Prospero releasing him, Ariel was stuck for twelve years in a
Short Answer Questions
1. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
2. Alonso is the king of
3. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero turned his duties over to
4. Prospero gained his power from his books and
5. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)