|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
(a) Two days.
(b) In a week.
(c) In three days.
(d) In one day.
2. Prior to Prospero releasing him, Ariel was stuck for twelve years in a
3. Antonio is the brother of
4. The two men who retreat to their cabins during the storm are
(a) Alonso and Ferdinand.
(b) Antonio and Gonzalo.
(c) Alonso and Gonzalo.
(d) Alonso and Antonio.
5. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
(a) Because she wants to know where they came from.
(b) Because she is concerned about the people on the ship.
(c) Because she has always asked him about it.
(d) Because she wants to hear a story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
2. The beginning of The Tempest takes place
3. Prospero seeks revenge against
4. Alonso's son is
5. Prospero gained his power from his books and
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)