|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
(a) Modern works.
(b) Romantic works.
(c) Earlier works.
(d) Later works.
2. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
3. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
(a) His people would have then killed Antonio.
(b) His people loved him and would resent Antonio for the murder.
(c) His people are peaceful and not aggressive.
(d) His people are sympathetic and pitied them.
4. Prospero gained his power from his books and
(b) The boat.
(d) The island.
5. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
(a) Tell the kingdom the king is dead.
(b) Spare their lives.
(c) Tell everyone where Prospero is.
(d) Preserve their secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
2. Alonso is the king of
3. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
4. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
5. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero was more interested in
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)