|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Caliban is the offspring of
2. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
(a) Modern works.
(b) Romantic works.
(c) Later works.
(d) Earlier works.
3. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
(a) Teach him how to write.
(b) Teach him how to speak.
(c) Teach him how to read.
(d) Teach him how to sing.
4. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
(a) In three days.
(b) In a week.
(c) In one day.
(d) Two days.
5. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
(a) Because she wants to hear a story.
(b) Because she wants to know where they came from.
(c) Because she has always asked him about it.
(d) Because she is concerned about the people on the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
2. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
3. Alonso is the king of
4. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
5. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero turned his duties over to
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)