|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antonio's treatment of Prospero when they were in Milan mirrors
(a) Prospero's treatment of Caliban.
(b) Stephano's treatment of Caliban.
(c) Prospero's treatment of Miranda.
(d) Prospero's treatment of Ferdinand.
2. The ship passengers' increasing fear and anxiety are the result of
(a) Ariel's illusions.
(b) The ship breaking apart.
(c) Landing on a strange island.
(d) Something they ate.
3. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
(a) Because she has always asked him about it.
(b) Because she wants to know where they came from.
(c) Because she is concerned about the people on the ship.
(d) Because she wants to hear a story.
4. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
(a) Free him.
(b) Knight him.
(c) Teach him his magic.
(d) Let him marry Miranda.
5. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
Short Answer Questions
1. Antonio is the brother of
2. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
3. Caliban is the offspring of
4. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
5. The beginning of The Tempest takes place
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)