|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
(a) Knight him.
(b) Free him.
(c) Teach him his magic.
(d) Let him marry Miranda.
2. Prior to Prospero's arrival on the island, Ariel was imprisoned by
3. The only nobleman who has a calm and positive attitude during the storm at sea is
4. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
(a) Tell everyone where Prospero is.
(b) Tell the kingdom the king is dead.
(c) Spare their lives.
(d) Preserve their secret.
5. Alonso is the king of
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
2. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
3. Caliban is the offspring of
4. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero turned his duties over to
5. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)