|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero was more interested in
2. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
3. Alonso's daughter was married in
4. The ship passengers' increasing fear and anxiety are the result of
(a) The ship breaking apart.
(b) Ariel's illusions.
(c) Landing on a strange island.
(d) Something they ate.
5. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
(a) His people loved him and would resent Antonio for the murder.
(b) His people would have then killed Antonio.
(c) His people are peaceful and not aggressive.
(d) His people are sympathetic and pitied them.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
2. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
3. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
4. Caliban is the offspring of
5. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)