|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prospero and Miranda were given provisions and books on the boat by
2. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
(a) Later works.
(b) Romantic works.
(c) Modern works.
(d) Earlier works.
3. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
4. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
(a) Spare their lives.
(b) Preserve their secret.
(c) Tell everyone where Prospero is.
(d) Tell the kingdom the king is dead.
5. Prospero seeks revenge against
(a) Antonio and Sebastian.
(b) Antonio and Gonzalo.
(c) Antonio, Alonso and Sebastian.
(d) Alonso and Ferdinand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prior to Prospero's arrival on the island, Ariel was imprisoned by
2. Caliban wanted to populate the island with
3. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
4. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
5. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)