|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
(a) That it is part of his grand plan.
(b) That it is immoral.
(c) That it will destroy his grand plan.
(d) That it is foolish.
2. Antonio's treatment of Prospero when they were in Milan mirrors
(a) Prospero's treatment of Miranda.
(b) Stephano's treatment of Caliban.
(c) Prospero's treatment of Ferdinand.
(d) Prospero's treatment of Caliban.
3. When Miranda first meets Ferdinand, she believes he is
(a) A king.
(b) A thief.
(c) A spirit.
(d) A peasant.
4. Prospero seeks revenge against
(a) Antonio and Sebastian.
(b) Antonio, Alonso and Sebastian.
(c) Antonio and Gonzalo.
(d) Alonso and Ferdinand.
5. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
(a) Teach him how to sing.
(b) Teach him how to speak.
(c) Teach him how to read.
(d) Teach him how to write.
Short Answer Questions
1. Caliban is the offspring of
2. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
3. Although the ship passengers believe the ship is gone, it is actually
4. What sets Alonso apart from Antonio in Prospero's eyes?
5. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)