|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to render Ferdinand defenseless after he draws his sword, Prospero
(a) uses his magic to send him back to the ship.
(b) talks to him sensibly.
(c) uses his magic to immobilize him.
(d) threatens to take Miranda away.
2. Who wants to take over the throne of Naples?
3. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) He tells him that they can combine powers once he is king of Naples.
(b) He describes the riches he will gain as the king of Naples.
(c) He explains how much he benefited from taking Prospero's throne.
(d) He tells him how much fun it is to be a king.
4. What does Miranda tell Ferdinand after he meets Prospero for the first time?
(a) Prospero is usually much kinder.
(b) Prospero wants them to marry.
(c) Prospero wants to kill Ferdinand's father.
(d) Prospero is planning to kill him.
5. Who chastises Alonso for allowing his daughter to marry an African?
Short Answer Questions
1. Although the ship passengers believe the ship is gone, it is actually
2. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
3. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
4. When Miranda first meets Ferdinand, she believes he is
5. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)