|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prospero accuses Ferdinand of
(b) Wanting to steal the island.
(c) Wanting to rape Miranda.
(d) Polluting the island.
2. What does Miranda tell Ferdinand after he meets Prospero for the first time?
(a) Prospero wants to kill Ferdinand's father.
(b) Prospero wants them to marry.
(c) Prospero is usually much kinder.
(d) Prospero is planning to kill him.
3. When awakened, Alonso asks Sebastian and Antonio why they have their swords drawn. What is their excuse?
(a) They heard something and were preparing to protect everyone.
(b) They were seeing whose sword was bigger.
(c) They were having a heated argument.
(d) They were practicing their swordsmanship.
4. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
(a) She has only ever seen Prospero and Caliban before him.
(b) He is intelligent and understands her.
(c) He is a prince and will inherit the kingdom of Naples.
(d) He treats her well and loves her.
5. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero turned his duties over to
(a) His loyal subjects.
(b) His council.
(d) The queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. The two men who retreat to their cabins during the storm are
2. How long ago was Antonio's usurpation of Prospero's throne in Milan?
3. Antonio thinks the Boatswain is being rude by not adhering to his
4. Who lulls the lords searching for Ferdinand into a deep sleep during their banter?
5. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)