|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to render Ferdinand defenseless after he draws his sword, Prospero
(a) threatens to take Miranda away.
(b) talks to him sensibly.
(c) uses his magic to send him back to the ship.
(d) uses his magic to immobilize him.
2. Caliban believes the island is
(a) His birthright.
3. Caliban is the offspring of
4. What does Ferdinand protest when Prospero accuses him of wanting to take over the island?
(a) His right to the island as Prince of Naples.
(b) His innocence.
(c) His social status.
(d) His intelligence.
5. What is one of Sebastian's reservations about Antonio's plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) That they will never get off the island anyway.
(b) That Alonso will soon wake up.
(c) That Alonso's daughter would then inherit the throne.
(d) That Antonio is tricking him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ariel leave Antonio and Sebastian awake?
2. What sets Alonso apart from Antonio in Prospero's eyes?
3. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
4. When awakened, Alonso asks Sebastian and Antonio why they have their swords drawn. What is their excuse?
5. The only nobleman who has a calm and positive attitude during the storm at sea is
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)