|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
(a) Prospero and Ferdinand.
(b) Prospero and Trinculo.
(c) Prospero and Caliban.
(d) Prospero and Gonzalo.
2. Antonio is the brother of
3. Which of the lords is the only person who tries comforting Alonso, who believes his son is gone?
4. Who chastises Alonso for allowing his daughter to marry an African?
5. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
(a) his daughter.
(b) his kingdom.
(c) his men.
(d) his sanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prior to Prospero releasing him, Ariel was stuck for twelve years in a
2. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
3. Prior to Prospero's arrival on the island, Ariel was imprisoned by
4. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
5. What do Antonio and Sebastian plan to do in Act II, Scene I?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)