|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
2. Who is not lulled to sleep in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Antonio and Gonzalo.
(b) Gonzalo and Sebastian.
(c) Antonio and Sebastian.
(d) Alonso and Sebastian.
3. Miranda dislikes Caliban, because
(a) He is rude.
(b) He tried to rape her.
(c) He is malformed.
(d) He tries to trick her with magic.
4. Caliban believes the island is
(b) His birthright.
5. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
(a) Prospero and Caliban.
(b) Prospero and Gonzalo.
(c) Prospero and Ferdinand.
(d) Prospero and Trinculo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
2. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
3. Although coming from different worlds, Miranda and Ferdinand are similar because of their
4. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
5. What is the strange noise that Gonzalo claims he heard?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)