|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prospero gives Ferdinand a hard time in order to
(a) Keep him away from Miranda.
(b) See his true character.
(c) Gain his respect.
(d) Anger Alonso.
2. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
(a) To put him back in the tree if he does not obey.
(b) To allow him to marry Miranda.
(c) To free him once he completes Prospero's orders.
(d) To bring him back to Milan with Prospero.
3. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
(a) His people are peaceful and not aggressive.
(b) His people would have then killed Antonio.
(c) His people loved him and would resent Antonio for the murder.
(d) His people are sympathetic and pitied them.
4. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
5. Although the ship passengers believe the ship is gone, it is actually
(b) At another island.
(c) At the bottom of the sea.
(d) On fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alonso's daughter was married in
2. Who lulls the lords searching for Ferdinand into a deep sleep during their banter?
3. Alonso's son is
4. What sets Alonso apart from Antonio in Prospero's eyes?
5. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)