|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to render Ferdinand defenseless after he draws his sword, Prospero
(a) threatens to take Miranda away.
(b) uses his magic to send him back to the ship.
(c) uses his magic to immobilize him.
(d) talks to him sensibly.
2. Although coming from different worlds, Miranda and Ferdinand are similar because of their
(d) Moral beliefs.
3. What sets Alonso apart from Antonio in Prospero's eyes?
(a) His age, as he is much older than Antonio.
(b) His strength as a king.
(c) His lack of interest in being a king.
(d) His emotional, regretful side.
4. What does Miranda tell Ferdinand after he meets Prospero for the first time?
(a) Prospero wants to kill Ferdinand's father.
(b) Prospero wants them to marry.
(c) Prospero is planning to kill him.
(d) Prospero is usually much kinder.
5. Prior to Prospero's arrival on the island, Ariel was imprisoned by
Short Answer Questions
1. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero was more interested in
2. The only nobleman who has a calm and positive attitude during the storm at sea is
3. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
4. The two men who retreat to their cabins during the storm are
5. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)