|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Caliban is the offspring of
2. Who is not lulled to sleep in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Antonio and Gonzalo.
(b) Antonio and Sebastian.
(c) Gonzalo and Sebastian.
(d) Alonso and Sebastian.
3. Ferdinand is surprised by Miranda, because she
(a) Has a magical father.
(b) Speaks his language.
(c) Thinks he is a spirit.
(d) Is so beautiful.
4. What does Ferdinand protest when Prospero accuses him of wanting to take over the island?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His right to the island as Prince of Naples.
(c) His social status.
(d) His innocence.
5. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero was more interested in
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
2. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
3. Caliban wanted to populate the island with
4. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
5. The only nobleman who has a calm and positive attitude during the storm at sea is
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)