|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise Ariel yet again?
(c) The island.
2. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
3. Caliban is the offspring of
4. Alonso's daughter was married in
5. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
(a) That it will spite Alonso and any plans he had for his son.
(b) That it is a good union that will bring Naples and Milan together.
(c) It is not specifically defined.
(d) That it will finally get him and his daughter off of the island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero and Miranda were given provisions and books on the boat by
2. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
3. Who chastises Alonso for allowing his daughter to marry an African?
4. How long ago was Antonio's usurpation of Prospero's throne in Milan?
5. The only nobleman who has a calm and positive attitude during the storm at sea is
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)