|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
2. Who assures Miranda that Ferdinand is a man and not a spirit?
3. Caliban wanted to populate the island with
(a) Other spirits.
(c) His children.
(d) Coconut trees.
4. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
(a) His people are sympathetic and pitied them.
(b) His people are peaceful and not aggressive.
(c) His people would have then killed Antonio.
(d) His people loved him and would resent Antonio for the murder.
5. In order to render Ferdinand defenseless after he draws his sword, Prospero
(a) uses his magic to send him back to the ship.
(b) uses his magic to immobilize him.
(c) talks to him sensibly.
(d) threatens to take Miranda away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero accuses Ferdinand of
2. Prospero gained his power from his books and
3. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
4. Although the ship passengers believe the ship is gone, it is actually
5. Antonio's treatment of Prospero when they were in Milan mirrors
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)