|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Caliban wanted to populate the island with
(a) Other spirits.
(b) His children.
(c) Coconut trees.
2. Gonzalo's attempt to comfort his king are mocked by whom?
(a) Antonio, Adrian and Alonso.
(b) Sebastian, Adrian and Alonso.
(c) Antonio, Sebastian and Adrian
(d) Antonio, Sebastian and Alonso.
3. When awakened, Alonso asks Sebastian and Antonio why they have their swords drawn. What is their excuse?
(a) They were practicing their swordsmanship.
(b) They were having a heated argument.
(c) They heard something and were preparing to protect everyone.
(d) They were seeing whose sword was bigger.
4. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
5. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) He describes the riches he will gain as the king of Naples.
(b) He tells him that they can combine powers once he is king of Naples.
(c) He tells him how much fun it is to be a king.
(d) He explains how much he benefited from taking Prospero's throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero seeks revenge against
2. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise Ariel yet again?
3. The only two men Miranda has seen prior to meeting Ferdinand are
4. What is one of Sebastian's reservations about Antonio's plan in Act II, Scene I?
5. The ship passengers' increasing fear and anxiety are the result of
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)