|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
(a) Because she is concerned about the people on the ship.
(b) Because she wants to hear a story.
(c) Because she has always asked him about it.
(d) Because she wants to know where they came from.
2. When Ferdinand sees Miranda for the first time, he believes she is a
3. Although the ship passengers believe the ship is gone, it is actually
(a) On fire.
(c) At another island.
(d) At the bottom of the sea.
4. What sets Alonso apart from Antonio in Prospero's eyes?
(a) His lack of interest in being a king.
(b) His emotional, regretful side.
(c) His strength as a king.
(d) His age, as he is much older than Antonio.
5. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
Short Answer Questions
1. Prospero seeks revenge against
2. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise Ariel yet again?
3. Caliban believes the island is
4. In order to render Ferdinand defenseless after he draws his sword, Prospero
5. Antonio thinks the Boatswain is being rude by not adhering to his
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)