|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prospero gained his power from his books and
(b) The boat.
(d) The island.
2. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
(a) his sanity.
(b) his kingdom.
(c) his daughter.
(d) his men.
3. Ferdinand is surprised by Miranda, because she
(a) Speaks his language.
(b) Thinks he is a spirit.
(c) Has a magical father.
(d) Is so beautiful.
4. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
(a) Romantic works.
(b) Earlier works.
(c) Later works.
(d) Modern works.
5. Who leads Ferdinand to Prospero?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
2. Caliban is the offspring of
3. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
4. Alonso's son is
5. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)