|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ariel leave Antonio and Sebastian awake?
(a) Ariel took pity on them.
(b) Prospero forgot about them.
(c) Ariel wanted to go against Prospero's orders.
(d) Prospero meant for them to be awake.
2. What is one of Sebastian's reservations about Antonio's plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) That Antonio is tricking him.
(b) That Alonso will soon wake up.
(c) That Alonso's daughter would then inherit the throne.
(d) That they will never get off the island anyway.
3. When Miranda first meets Ferdinand, she believes he is
(a) A spirit.
(b) A king.
(c) A peasant.
(d) A thief.
4. Who lulls the lords searching for Ferdinand into a deep sleep during their banter?
5. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
(a) He is everything he had hoped he would be.
(b) He will have him duel with Caliban.
(c) He is too old for his daughter.
(d) He will force Ferdinand into servitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago was Antonio's usurpation of Prospero's throne in Milan?
2. The ship passengers' increasing fear and anxiety are the result of
3. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
4. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
5. Caliban is the offspring of
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)