|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to render Ferdinand defenseless after he draws his sword, Prospero
(a) uses his magic to send him back to the ship.
(b) threatens to take Miranda away.
(c) uses his magic to immobilize him.
(d) talks to him sensibly.
2. Prospero seeks revenge against
(a) Alonso and Ferdinand.
(b) Antonio and Sebastian.
(c) Antonio, Alonso and Sebastian.
(d) Antonio and Gonzalo.
3. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
(a) Trinculo and Ariel.
(b) Caliban and Trinculo.
(c) Trinculo and Stephano.
(d) Caliban and Ariel.
4. When Ferdinand sees Miranda for the first time, he believes she is a
5. Gonzalo's attempt to comfort his king are mocked by whom?
(a) Antonio, Sebastian and Alonso.
(b) Sebastian, Adrian and Alonso.
(c) Antonio, Sebastian and Adrian
(d) Antonio, Adrian and Alonso.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antonio's treatment of Prospero when they were in Milan mirrors
2. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
3. What is one of Sebastian's reservations about Antonio's plan in Act II, Scene I?
4. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero was more interested in
5. The ship passengers' increasing fear and anxiety are the result of
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)