|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prior to Prospero's arrival on the island, Ariel was imprisoned by
2. Prospero gives Ferdinand a hard time in order to
(a) Gain his respect.
(b) Keep him away from Miranda.
(c) See his true character.
(d) Anger Alonso.
3. Antonio is the brother of
4. Miranda dislikes Caliban, because
(a) He is malformed.
(b) He is rude.
(c) He tried to rape her.
(d) He tries to trick her with magic.
5. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
(a) his kingdom.
(b) his sanity.
(c) his daughter.
(d) his men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although the ship passengers believe the ship is gone, it is actually
2. Prospero accuses Ferdinand of
3. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
4. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
5. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)