|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferdinand protest when Prospero accuses him of wanting to take over the island?
(a) His innocence.
(b) His right to the island as Prince of Naples.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His social status.
2. The ship passengers' increasing fear and anxiety are the result of
(a) The ship breaking apart.
(b) Something they ate.
(c) Ariel's illusions.
(d) Landing on a strange island.
3. When awakened, Alonso asks Sebastian and Antonio why they have their swords drawn. What is their excuse?
(a) They were having a heated argument.
(b) They were practicing their swordsmanship.
(c) They were seeing whose sword was bigger.
(d) They heard something and were preparing to protect everyone.
4. Why does Prospero tell the story of their past to Miranda?
(a) Because she has always asked him about it.
(b) Because she is concerned about the people on the ship.
(c) Because she wants to know where they came from.
(d) Because she wants to hear a story.
5. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
(a) To bring him back to Milan with Prospero.
(b) To free him once he completes Prospero's orders.
(c) To allow him to marry Miranda.
(d) To put him back in the tree if he does not obey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antonio's treatment of Prospero when they were in Milan mirrors
2. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
3. Ferdinand is the prince of
4. Although coming from different worlds, Miranda and Ferdinand are similar because of their
5. Prospero tells Miranda that in order to usurp his power, Antonio allied himself with
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)