|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
(a) That it is immoral.
(b) That it is foolish.
(c) That it is part of his grand plan.
(d) That it will destroy his grand plan.
2. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
(a) Teach him how to write.
(b) Teach him how to speak.
(c) Teach him how to sing.
(d) Teach him how to read.
3. Ferdinand is the prince of
4. The two men who retreat to their cabins during the storm are
(a) Alonso and Gonzalo.
(b) Antonio and Gonzalo.
(c) Alonso and Antonio.
(d) Alonso and Ferdinand.
5. What sets Alonso apart from Antonio in Prospero's eyes?
(a) His strength as a king.
(b) His age, as he is much older than Antonio.
(c) His emotional, regretful side.
(d) His lack of interest in being a king.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
2. The only nobleman who has a calm and positive attitude during the storm at sea is
3. What is the strange noise that Gonzalo claims he heard?
4. What does Ferdinand protest when Prospero accuses him of wanting to take over the island?
5. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise Ariel yet again?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)