|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Ferdinand to Prospero?
2. What does Miranda do when Ferdinand confesses his love for her?
(b) Runs away.
3. Why does Prospero abruptly stop the marriage ceremony and change his mood?
(a) He is angered by the spirits.
(b) The spirits' message has no affect on Miranda and Ferdinand.
(c) He remembers his plan for Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban.
(d) He remembers his plan for Antonio, Alonso and Sebastian.
4. What does Prospero tell the spirits to do?
(a) Distract Ferdinand while he speaks with Miranda.
(b) Lecture Ferdinand and Miranda about chastity.
(c) Teach Ferdinand and Miranda how to dance.
(d) Distract Ferdinand from seeing Alonso.
5. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
(a) He is intelligent and understands her.
(b) He is a prince and will inherit the kingdom of Naples.
(c) He treats her well and loves her.
(d) She has only ever seen Prospero and Caliban before him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is watching Ferdinand and Miranda from a distance in Act III, Scene I?
2. What spirits does Prospero conjure after blessing Ferdinand and Miranda's marriage?
3. What does Ferdinand protest when Prospero accuses him of wanting to take over the island?
4. What does Prospero do at the end of Act III, Scene I?
5. At the beginning of Act IV, Scene I, what does Prospero tell Ferdinand?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)