|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miranda tell Ferdinand after he meets Prospero for the first time?
(a) Prospero wants to kill Ferdinand's father.
(b) Prospero is planning to kill him.
(c) Prospero is usually much kinder.
(d) Prospero wants them to marry.
2. What does Miranda regret doing while talking to Ferdinand?
(a) Going against her father's wishes.
(b) Offering to help him.
(c) Not acting ladylike.
(d) Telling him her name.
3. What does Prospero tell the spirits to do?
(a) Teach Ferdinand and Miranda how to dance.
(b) Distract Ferdinand while he speaks with Miranda.
(c) Lecture Ferdinand and Miranda about chastity.
(d) Distract Ferdinand from seeing Alonso.
4. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
(a) He is too old for his daughter.
(b) He is everything he had hoped he would be.
(c) He will have him duel with Caliban.
(d) He will force Ferdinand into servitude.
5. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise Ariel yet again?
(a) The island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says: "We are such stuff/As dreams are made on"?
2. What does Ferdinand say he is willing to do to win Miranda?
3. What does Miranda offer to Ferdinand while he is working?
4. Why does Prospero abruptly stop the marriage ceremony and change his mood?
5. In his soliloquy, what does Ferdinand say makes his job easier?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)