|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miranda do in response to Ferdinand's declaration of his love for her?
(a) She becomes frightened and calls Prospero.
(b) She offers to marry him.
(c) She lets him go free.
(d) She tells him that she does not feel the same.
2. Why does Miranda urge Ferdinand not to work so hard?
(a) She wants him to spend time with her.
(b) He will hurt himself.
(c) It upsets her seeing him like that.
(d) He will overtire too soon.
3. What does Miranda urge Ferdinand to do while he is working?
(a) To leave her alone.
(b) To run away.
(c) To not work so hard.
(d) To work harder.
4. What does Miranda tell Ferdinand after he meets Prospero for the first time?
(a) Prospero is planning to kill him.
(b) Prospero wants to kill Ferdinand's father.
(c) Prospero wants them to marry.
(d) Prospero is usually much kinder.
5. What does Ariel ask Prospero before going to fetch Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
(a) If Prospero will teach Ariel magic.
(b) What should Ariel dress up as this time.
(c) If Prospero loves Ariel.
(d) Why Prospero is doing all of this.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his soliloquy in Act IV, Scene I, what does Prospero insinuate a personal connection to?
2. Which character says: "We are such stuff/As dreams are made on"?
3. Ferdinand is the prince of
4. Why does Ferdinand not want Miranda to help him with his work?
5. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)