|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferdinand say he is willing to do to win Miranda?
(a) Pay Prospero off.
(c) Renounce his kingdom.
2. Who assures Miranda that Ferdinand is a man and not a spirit?
3. What does Miranda do in response to Ferdinand's declaration of his love for her?
(a) She becomes frightened and calls Prospero.
(b) She lets him go free.
(c) She offers to marry him.
(d) She tells him that she does not feel the same.
4. How does Prospero's speech differ from his normal speech?
(a) It is forthcoming.
(b) It does not differ from his normal speech.
(c) It is deluded and illogical.
(d) It is more poetic.
5. What spirits does Prospero conjure after blessing Ferdinand and Miranda's marriage?
(a) Sycoraz, Ceres and Iris.
(b) Juno, Iris and Ceres.
(c) Ariel, Iris and Ceres.
(d) Sycorax, Juno and Iris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miranda urge Ferdinand not to work so hard?
2. At the beginning of Act IV, Scene I, what does Prospero tell Ferdinand?
3. What does Prospero do at the end of Act III, Scene I?
4. Why does Prospero conjure the spirits to dance for Ferdinand and Miranda?
5. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise Ariel yet again?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)