|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one way in which Ferdinand's life differs from Miranda's?
(a) He is more educated than Miranda.
(b) He understands what it means to be royalty, while she does not.
(c) He has encountered many women, while she has encountered few men.
(d) He is not used to manual labor as much as she is.
2. What keeps Ferdinand going as he does Prospero's work?
(a) The possibility of being let go and leaving the island.
(b) The promise of being reunited with his father.
(c) His desire to prove that he is good at everything.
(d) His willingness to do anything for Miranda.
3. At the beginning of Act IV, Scene I, what does Prospero tell Ferdinand?
(a) He will never be allowed to marry Miranda.
(b) He has more chores for him to do.
(c) He will teach him magic from his books.
(d) The trials he has endured were tests of love.
4. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
(a) That it is part of his grand plan.
(b) That it is foolish.
(c) That it will destroy his grand plan.
(d) That it is immoral.
5. What does Miranda do in response to Ferdinand's declaration of his love for her?
(a) She offers to marry him.
(b) She lets him go free.
(c) She tells him that she does not feel the same.
(d) She becomes frightened and calls Prospero.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ferdinand prefer not to do Prospero's work?
2. When Miranda first meets Ferdinand, she believes he is
3. In order to render Ferdinand defenseless after he draws his sword, Prospero
4. In Act IV, Scene I, Prospero's speech mirrors that of which other character?
5. Ferdinand is the prince of
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)