|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Prospero conjure the spirits to dance for Ferdinand and Miranda?
(a) He was bored and wanted the entertainment.
(b) He wanted to display his power to Ferdinand.
(c) He wanted to surprise them with an early wedding gift.
(d) He saw Ferdinand getting too close to Miranda.
2. Why does Prospero abruptly stop the marriage ceremony and change his mood?
(a) He remembers his plan for Antonio, Alonso and Sebastian.
(b) The spirits' message has no affect on Miranda and Ferdinand.
(c) He remembers his plan for Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban.
(d) He is angered by the spirits.
3. Ferdinand is the prince of
4. Who leads Ferdinand to Prospero?
5. How does Prospero's speech differ from his normal speech?
(a) It is more poetic.
(b) It is forthcoming.
(c) It is deluded and illogical.
(d) It does not differ from his normal speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is watching Ferdinand and Miranda from a distance in Act III, Scene I?
2. Prospero gives Ferdinand a hard time in order to
3. What does Miranda do in response to Ferdinand's declaration of his love for her?
4. Prospero accuses Ferdinand of
5. What keeps Ferdinand going as he does Prospero's work?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)