|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ferdinand not want Miranda to help him with his work?
(a) Because it is too hard for her.
(b) Because she is too young.
(c) Because she has never done it before.
(d) Because he wants to show off for her.
2. What does Miranda do in response to Ferdinand's declaration of his love for her?
(a) She tells him that she does not feel the same.
(b) She offers to marry him.
(c) She lets him go free.
(d) She becomes frightened and calls Prospero.
3. How does Prospero's speech differ from his normal speech?
(a) It does not differ from his normal speech.
(b) It is more poetic.
(c) It is forthcoming.
(d) It is deluded and illogical.
4. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
(a) That it will finally get him and his daughter off of the island.
(b) That it is a good union that will bring Naples and Milan together.
(c) It is not specifically defined.
(d) That it will spite Alonso and any plans he had for his son.
5. What does Ferdinand protest when Prospero accuses him of wanting to take over the island?
(a) His right to the island as Prince of Naples.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His innocence.
(d) His social status.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miranda offer to Ferdinand while he is working?
2. What does Miranda do when Ferdinand confesses his love for her?
3. At the beginning of Act III, Scene I, what does Prospero have Ferdinand doing?
4. What does Miranda impulsively do in Act III, Scene I?
5. Under what circumstances will Prospero curse Ferdinand's and Miranda's marriage?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)