|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferdinand say he is willing to do to win Miranda?
(b) Pay Prospero off.
(d) Renounce his kingdom.
2. Why does Prospero conjure the spirits to dance for Ferdinand and Miranda?
(a) He saw Ferdinand getting too close to Miranda.
(b) He wanted to display his power to Ferdinand.
(c) He wanted to surprise them with an early wedding gift.
(d) He was bored and wanted the entertainment.
3. In Act IV, Scene I, Prospero's speech mirrors that of which other character?
4. What does Prospero tell the spirits to do?
(a) Teach Ferdinand and Miranda how to dance.
(b) Distract Ferdinand while he speaks with Miranda.
(c) Distract Ferdinand from seeing Alonso.
(d) Lecture Ferdinand and Miranda about chastity.
5. What spirits does Prospero conjure after blessing Ferdinand and Miranda's marriage?
(a) Juno, Iris and Ceres.
(b) Sycoraz, Ceres and Iris.
(c) Ariel, Iris and Ceres.
(d) Sycorax, Juno and Iris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assures Miranda that Ferdinand is a man and not a spirit?
2. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
3. At the beginning of Act IV, Scene I, what does Prospero tell Ferdinand?
4. Ferdinand is surprised by Miranda, because she
5. What does Ferdinand say about Miranda in comparison to all of the women he has encountered?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)