|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Ferdinand going as he does Prospero's work?
(a) The promise of being reunited with his father.
(b) His desire to prove that he is good at everything.
(c) His willingness to do anything for Miranda.
(d) The possibility of being let go and leaving the island.
2. How does Prospero's speech differ from his normal speech?
(a) It is more poetic.
(b) It is deluded and illogical.
(c) It does not differ from his normal speech.
(d) It is forthcoming.
3. Although coming from different worlds, Miranda and Ferdinand are similar because of their
(b) Moral beliefs.
4. What does Prospero tell the spirits to do?
(a) Lecture Ferdinand and Miranda about chastity.
(b) Distract Ferdinand from seeing Alonso.
(c) Distract Ferdinand while he speaks with Miranda.
(d) Teach Ferdinand and Miranda how to dance.
5. What does Ariel ask Prospero before going to fetch Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
(a) If Prospero loves Ariel.
(b) What should Ariel dress up as this time.
(c) Why Prospero is doing all of this.
(d) If Prospero will teach Ariel magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act IV, Scene I, Prospero's speech mirrors that of which other character?
2. Why does Prospero conjure the spirits to dance for Ferdinand and Miranda?
3. When Ferdinand sees Miranda for the first time, he believes she is a
4. Why does Miranda urge Ferdinand not to work so hard?
5. Who leads Ferdinand to Prospero?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)