|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
(a) He is a prince and will inherit the kingdom of Naples.
(b) She has only ever seen Prospero and Caliban before him.
(c) He is intelligent and understands her.
(d) He treats her well and loves her.
2. What does Miranda offer to Ferdinand while he is working?
(a) To talk to Prospero for him.
(b) To bring him some food and water.
(c) To work in Ferdinand's place.
(d) To show him Prospero's magical books.
3. Why does Ferdinand prefer not to do Prospero's work?
(a) Because he does not want to marry Miranda.
(b) Because he does not want to take over the island.
(c) Because he is not strong enough.
(d) Because he is a prince of Naples.
4. What does Ferdinand say he is willing to do to win Miranda?
(b) Pay Prospero off.
(c) Renounce his kingdom.
5. What does Miranda regret doing while talking to Ferdinand?
(a) Telling him her name.
(b) Offering to help him.
(c) Going against her father's wishes.
(d) Not acting ladylike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Ferdinand going as he does Prospero's work?
2. What does Miranda tell Ferdinand after he meets Prospero for the first time?
3. What does Prospero say in his soliloquy about Miranda and Ferdinand?
4. Why does Ferdinand not want Miranda to help him with his work?
5. What does Miranda impulsively do in Act III, Scene I?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)