|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prospero do at the end of Act III, Scene I?
(a) Tells Ariel he will free him.
(b) Returns to studying his magic book.
(c) Sends torturous spirits to Caliban.
(d) Goes looking for Antonio.
2. In his soliloquy in Act IV, Scene I, what does Prospero insinuate a personal connection to?
3. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
(a) She has only ever seen Prospero and Caliban before him.
(b) He treats her well and loves her.
(c) He is intelligent and understands her.
(d) He is a prince and will inherit the kingdom of Naples.
4. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
(a) He will force Ferdinand into servitude.
(b) He will have him duel with Caliban.
(c) He is everything he had hoped he would be.
(d) He is too old for his daughter.
5. What does Ferdinand say he is willing to do to win Miranda?
(a) Renounce his kingdom.
(c) Pay Prospero off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are "the rabble"?
2. In Act IV, Scene I, Prospero's speech mirrors that of which other character?
3. Why does Prospero abruptly stop the marriage ceremony and change his mood?
4. In order to render Ferdinand defenseless after he draws his sword, Prospero
5. Who assures Miranda that Ferdinand is a man and not a spirit?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)