|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ariel ask Prospero before going to fetch Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
(a) Why Prospero is doing all of this.
(b) What should Ariel dress up as this time.
(c) If Prospero will teach Ariel magic.
(d) If Prospero loves Ariel.
2. Why does Ferdinand not want Miranda to help him with his work?
(a) Because it is too hard for her.
(b) Because she is too young.
(c) Because he wants to show off for her.
(d) Because she has never done it before.
3. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
(a) That it will finally get him and his daughter off of the island.
(b) It is not specifically defined.
(c) That it will spite Alonso and any plans he had for his son.
(d) That it is a good union that will bring Naples and Milan together.
4. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
(a) He will force Ferdinand into servitude.
(b) He is everything he had hoped he would be.
(c) He will have him duel with Caliban.
(d) He is too old for his daughter.
5. When Ferdinand sees Miranda for the first time, he believes she is a
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prospero abruptly stop the marriage ceremony and change his mood?
2. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
3. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
4. What does Prospero tell the spirits to do?
5. Why does Ferdinand prefer not to do Prospero's work?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)