|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miranda do when Ferdinand confesses his love for her?
(b) Runs away.
2. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
(a) That it is foolish.
(b) That it is part of his grand plan.
(c) That it will destroy his grand plan.
(d) That it is immoral.
3. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise Ariel yet again?
(b) The island.
4. What keeps Ferdinand going as he does Prospero's work?
(a) The possibility of being let go and leaving the island.
(b) His desire to prove that he is good at everything.
(c) The promise of being reunited with his father.
(d) His willingness to do anything for Miranda.
5. What does Prospero tell the spirits to do?
(a) Lecture Ferdinand and Miranda about chastity.
(b) Teach Ferdinand and Miranda how to dance.
(c) Distract Ferdinand while he speaks with Miranda.
(d) Distract Ferdinand from seeing Alonso.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says: "We are such stuff/As dreams are made on"?
2. What does Ariel ask Prospero before going to fetch Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
3. Prospero gives Ferdinand a hard time in order to
4. Ferdinand is the prince of
5. When Ferdinand sees Miranda for the first time, he believes she is a
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)