|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
(a) He is intelligent and understands her.
(b) She has only ever seen Prospero and Caliban before him.
(c) He is a prince and will inherit the kingdom of Naples.
(d) He treats her well and loves her.
2. Which character says: "We are such stuff/As dreams are made on"?
3. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
(a) That it is a good union that will bring Naples and Milan together.
(b) That it will finally get him and his daughter off of the island.
(c) That it will spite Alonso and any plans he had for his son.
(d) It is not specifically defined.
4. Ferdinand is surprised by Miranda, because she
(a) Is so beautiful.
(b) Has a magical father.
(c) Speaks his language.
(d) Thinks he is a spirit.
5. What does Miranda impulsively do in Act III, Scene I?
(a) Tells Ferdinand her name.
(b) Tells Ferdinand to run away.
(c) Tells Ferdinand the secrets of the island.
(d) Kisses Ferdinand.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise Ariel yet again?
2. Who is watching Ferdinand and Miranda from a distance in Act III, Scene I?
3. What does Miranda do when Ferdinand confesses his love for her?
4. What does Ariel ask Prospero before going to fetch Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
5. Who assures Miranda that Ferdinand is a man and not a spirit?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)