|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ariel ask Prospero before going to fetch Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
(a) If Prospero will teach Ariel magic.
(b) Why Prospero is doing all of this.
(c) What should Ariel dress up as this time.
(d) If Prospero loves Ariel.
2. What does Miranda do when Ferdinand confesses his love for her?
(a) Runs away.
3. Who assures Miranda that Ferdinand is a man and not a spirit?
4. Which character says: "We are such stuff/As dreams are made on"?
5. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
(a) That it is a good union that will bring Naples and Milan together.
(b) That it will finally get him and his daughter off of the island.
(c) That it will spite Alonso and any plans he had for his son.
(d) It is not specifically defined.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act III, Scene I, what does Prospero have Ferdinand doing?
2. What keeps Ferdinand going as he does Prospero's work?
3. In his soliloquy in Act IV, Scene I, what does Prospero insinuate a personal connection to?
4. What does Ferdinand say about Miranda in comparison to all of the women he has encountered?
5. What is one way in which Ferdinand's life differs from Miranda's?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)