|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Prospero abruptly stop the marriage ceremony and change his mood?
(a) The spirits' message has no affect on Miranda and Ferdinand.
(b) He remembers his plan for Antonio, Alonso and Sebastian.
(c) He remembers his plan for Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban.
(d) He is angered by the spirits.
2. What spirits does Prospero conjure after blessing Ferdinand and Miranda's marriage?
(a) Ariel, Iris and Ceres.
(b) Sycoraz, Ceres and Iris.
(c) Sycorax, Juno and Iris.
(d) Juno, Iris and Ceres.
3. What does Miranda do when Ferdinand confesses his love for her?
(c) Runs away.
4. In Act IV, Scene I, Prospero's speech mirrors that of which other character?
5. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
(a) It is not specifically defined.
(b) That it will spite Alonso and any plans he had for his son.
(c) That it will finally get him and his daughter off of the island.
(d) That it is a good union that will bring Naples and Milan together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
2. What does Miranda impulsively do in Act III, Scene I?
3. What does Ariel ask Prospero before going to fetch Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
4. What is one way in which Ferdinand's life differs from Miranda's?
5. What does Miranda regret doing while talking to Ferdinand?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)