|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prospero tell the spirits to do?
(a) Distract Ferdinand from seeing Alonso.
(b) Lecture Ferdinand and Miranda about chastity.
(c) Teach Ferdinand and Miranda how to dance.
(d) Distract Ferdinand while he speaks with Miranda.
2. Under what circumstances will Prospero curse Ferdinand's and Miranda's marriage?
(a) If they have premarital sex.
(b) If they try to elope.
(c) If Ferdinand thwarts Prospero's plan of revenge.
(d) If Miranda has any communication with Caliban.
3. Which character says: "We are such stuff/As dreams are made on"?
4. What does Prospero do at the end of Act III, Scene I?
(a) Sends torturous spirits to Caliban.
(b) Returns to studying his magic book.
(c) Tells Ariel he will free him.
(d) Goes looking for Antonio.
5. What does Ferdinand say he is willing to do to win Miranda?
(b) Pay Prospero off.
(c) Renounce his kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise Ariel yet again?
2. How does Prospero's speech differ from his normal speech?
3. In Act IV, Scene I, Prospero's speech mirrors that of which other character?
4. What does Miranda urge Ferdinand to do while he is working?
5. In his soliloquy in Act IV, Scene I, what does Prospero insinuate a personal connection to?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)