Act 1, Scene 1
1. Antonio castigates the Boatswain during the storm, because he believes the sailors are
2. The tempest is a symbolic form of an upheaval from a state of
3. The only nobleman who has a calm and positive attitude during the storm at sea is
4. The two spirits who reside on the island with Prospero and Miranda are
(a) Caliban and Trinculo.
(b) Trinculo and Stephano.
(c) Trinculo and Ariel.
(d) Caliban and Ariel.
5. Prospero was formerly the Duke of
6. The Tempest is considered one of Shakespeare's
(a) Modern works.
(b) Earlier works.
(c) Romantic works.
(d) Later works.
7. Prospero's magical power comes from
(b) His books.
(c) His staff.
(d) The trees.
8. Prior to Prospero releasing him, Ariel was stuck for twelve years in a
9. Caliban is the offspring of
This section contains 5,044 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)