Act 1, Scene 1
* Banished by his brother, Antonio, fifteen years ago from his position as Duke of Milan, Prospero sees his enemies at sea from his magical island and creates a storm.
* Antonio, Sebastian, Alonso, Gonzalo, Ferdinand and Adrian are among the passengers on the ship and are ordered by the Boatswain to go below.
* Antonio yells at the Boatswain for losing control of his sailors, while Gonzalo urges his fellow passengers to go below.
* Eventually, the passengers go below deck as the sailors cry out that the ship is breaking apart.
Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1
* Miranda watches the ship from the island and becomes concerned.
* Prospero tells her the story of how they came to the island: Fifteen years ago his brother Antonio, aided by Sebastian and Alonso, the King of Naples, usurped Prospero's position and banished Prospero and Miranda to the sea.
* Alonso gave Prospero his coveted magic...
This section contains 1,350 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)