|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of the chapter, it is indicated that Daisy was but is no longer doing what for friends and family?
2. Before she dies, Daisy spends hours doing what?
3. What was the peddler's first name?
4. What is the newspaper editor's last name?
5. What are each of Daisy's group named after?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Pinky play in chapter six?
2. How does Daisy seem to feel about dying?
3. How does stone play a role in chapter ten?
4. Why do you think Daisy changed her mind and took Beverly in?
5. What is the relationship between Daisy and Jay Dudley?
6. Describe the change of focus in chapter six.
7. What is the overall feeling that you get from everyone's opinion of the source of Daisy's depression?
8. What person's possible reason for Daisy's depression makes the most sense to you and why?
9. Describe how Alice decides to change the course of her life, in chapter seven, and what theme it continues.
10. Describe Magnus Flett's final years.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose any one of the following characters from the story and explain their role in the book. When and how were they introduced? How did they evolve as the story progressed? Also, what, if anything, do you think they symbolize and why? Be sure to use several examples from the book to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Choose any one of the following characters and explain, using several details from the story, what psychological problems they suffer from. Also, explain how they each deal with their problems and whether or not you agree with their methods, as well as your reason for agreeing or disagreeing with them.
Essay Topic 3
Harold Hoad makes a very brief appearance in the story and, in fact, Daisy doesn't even tell her children that she had a first husband.
Part 1. Why do you think that Harold was in the story?
Part 2. What do you think the story would have been like if Harold didn't exist?
Part 3. Do you think Daisy should have told her children about Harold? Why or why not?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)