|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the hotel?
(a) Mr. Sinclair.
(b) Mr. Simpson.
(c) Mr. Skinner.
(d) Mr. Sanders.
2. Chapter 6 is composed of letters to whom?
3. By the end of the chapter, it is indicated that Daisy was but is no longer doing what for friends and family?
(a) Writing to them.
(b) Cooking for them.
(c) Taking them in as borders.
(d) Taking them on vacation.
4. The grandson of the village peddler's first name is what?
5. What is the publication mentioned in the chapter?
(a) The Recorder.
(b) The Ledger.
(c) The Gavel.
(d) The Reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the minister's name?
2. Which one of Daisy's children is the middle child?
3. One of Daisy's girlhood friends is named what?
4. Daisy has taken over her husband's what?
5. Daisy will be taking her first trip to Europe since what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what sort of attitude Daisy has and how this is shown in what she leaves behind.
2. In what positive way is the image of stone used in chapter eight?
3. How does stone play a role in chapter ten?
4. What person's possible reason for Daisy's depression makes the most sense to you and why?
5. Which of Daisy's children comes to care for her, in chapter nine, and is that unusual?
6. Describe how Alice decides to change the course of her life, in chapter seven, and what theme it continues.
7. How does Daisy react to losing her job?
8. What do you feel Daisy's bridge group symbolizes?
9. What role does Pinky play in chapter six?
10. What is the relationship between Daisy and her daughter, Alice?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)