|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the publication mentioned in the chapter?
(a) The Gavel.
(b) The Ledger.
(c) The Reader.
(d) The Recorder.
2. The housekeeper says she has known for years that Daisy could never do what?
(a) Have children.
(b) Hold a job.
(c) Get married.
(d) Find her way in life.
3. It will be revealed to Daisy's children that Daisy's first husband died by jumping from a what?
4. Before she dies, Daisy spends hours doing what?
(a) Explaining her history to her children.
(b) Rambling about nothing in particular.
(c) Foretelling what will happen after her death.
(d) Apologizing to friends and family.
5. Who has twins in chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. The grandson of the village peddler's first name is what?
2. What did Cuyler die from?
3. What is the newspaper editor's first name?
4. Daisy has taken over her husband's what?
5. What is the name of Victoria's professor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Daisy and her daughter, Alice?
2. Which of Daisy's children comes to care for her, in chapter nine, and is that unusual?
3. How does Daisy make use of her imagination in chapter ten?
4. What changes about the way Daisy handles her own mental state in chapter seven?
5. Who is Skoot Skutari and how does he relate to the story?
6. What does Reverend Rick seem to symbolize?
7. In what positive way is the image of stone used in chapter eight?
8. In what negative way is the image of stone used in chapter eight?
9. Based on everything you've read up to the end of chapter nine, do you feel that Daisy was a good wife and mother?
10. What person's possible reason for Daisy's depression makes the most sense to you and why?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)