|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Daisy plans to visit whose grave?
2. What is the newspaper editor's last name?
3. What relation is Beverly to Barker?
4. Who was haunted by Daisy's birth until they died, according to chapter 7?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) The peddler.
(c) The paper boy.
(d) The milkman.
5. Who thinks the loss of the column is the reason for the depression?
Short Answer Questions
1. As predicted, Daisy has lived for many years after what?
2. Who has recently died, in chapter 8?
3. What is Daisy's group known as?
4. Cuyler died lying where?
5. Daisy is frequently visited by whom, in chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Daisy seem comfortable with her life when she is in her early 70s?
2. Describe how Alice decides to change the course of her life, in chapter seven, and what theme it continues.
3. How does Daisy seem to feel about dying?
4. What interesting thing does Daisy foresee her children learning about for the first time after she is gone?
5. What changes about the way Daisy handles her own mental state in chapter seven?
6. Why do you think Daisy changed her mind and took Beverly in?
7. What seemingly strange behavior does Cuyler exhibit on the day of his death?
8. Describe what sort of attitude Daisy has and how this is shown in what she leaves behind.
9. In chapter nine, it seems like everyone is married and has children. What is the symbolism of that?
10. How does stone play a role in chapter ten?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)