|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plans to put a wedding ring in the time capsule?
2. What is Daisy's father's name?
3. Mr. Flett got to his destination by doing mostly what?
(b) Taking a boat.
4. What does Cuyler plan to turn into a time capsule?
(a) A glass box.
(b) A giant metal ball.
(c) An old wagon.
(d) A pyramid.
5. Where is Cuyler constructing the pyramid?
(d) Orkney Islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the age of 31 Daisy is what?
2. What does Mrs. Flett's son do for a living?
3. What is Daisy's mother's physical state described as?
4. What is Daisy's husband's first name?
5. What is the title of chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Barker's reaction to Daisy's wedding?
2. How is Barker Flett's personal life described, in chapter four, prior to marrying Daisy?
3. What was Mercy's background?
4. How does stone play a role in chapter five?
5. Has Magnus Flett forgiven his late wife in chapter three? What actions of Magnus' support that opinion?
6. Do you think that Daisy made the right choice in marrying her second husband, Barker Flett?
7. Describe the difference in attitude about the state of Daisy's life between Daisy and her friend, Fraidy.
8. Does Cuyler respect his late wife, Mercy?
9. What do you think the purpose of Magnus Flett's trip to the Orkney Islands was, and did he fulfill that purpose?
10. How do you feel about the layout of the book so far, particularly the large time gaps between chapters?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)