|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barker sends Daisy how much money?
(a) One thousnad dollars.
(b) Twenty thousand dollars.
(c) Five thousand dollars.
(d) Ten thousand dollars.
2. Mr. Flett got to his destination by doing mostly what?
(d) Taking a boat.
3. What is Cuyler's new wife's name?
4. What is Mrs. Flett's son's name?
5. What is the title of chapter five?
(a) Baby, 1950.
(b) Motherhood, 1947.
(c) Motherhood, 1950.
(d) Baby, 1947.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cuyler plan to turn into a time capsule?
2. What did Daisy's father do in memory of Daisy's mother?
3. What is the name of the town Cuyler and Daisy are going to?
4. Daisy comes down with two illnesses around the time that she turns eleven, and the first illness is what?
5. What is the supposed point of Daisy's trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Barker's reaction to Daisy's wedding?
2. In chapter five, Daisy doesn't seem to talk about any major events for once. What do the sudden change in feel and attitude in chapter five indicate?
3. Does Cuyler respect his late wife, Mercy?
4. How do you feel about the layout of the book so far, particularly the large time gaps between chapters?
5. Describe Daisy's change of residence when she turns eleven.
6. Why might Daisy have not described the first eleven years of her life?
7. How do Daisy's various illnesses influence her?
8. Has Magnus Flett forgiven his late wife in chapter three? What actions of Magnus' support that opinion?
9. Describe Cuyler Goodwill.
10. Why do you think that Daisy and her family are restless, in chapter five?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)