|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the Prologue?
2. What does the king do for a career?
3. What does Bernard say when he interrupts Leigh-Cheri's conversation with the other man?
4. How does Bernard respond when he is called a "Victim of the Vietnam war?"
5. Who does Leigh-Cheri miss when she stays with Bernard in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bernard Mickey Wrangle go by so many names?
2. How is Leigh-Cheri described by the local media?
3. What groups, many of which make their home on Maui, want to participate in the Care Fest and why?
4. What problem does the writer seem to have with his new typewriter?
5. What are the concerns King Max and Queen Tilli discuss about their daughter while she is away at the conference?
6. In Chapter Thirty-Six there is a lengthy explanation about the difference between ideas and objects. In summary, what is said about the two?
7. What kind of relationship does Leigh-Cheri have with Gulietta?
8. What idea does Leigh-Cheri talk about when she is interviewed for People magazine?
9. Who is the person that insults Leigh-Cheri while she is already upset over the bombing that ruined the Care Fest? What does that person say?
10. What is wrong with the color of the writer's typewriter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What leads Leigh-Cheri to use the metaphor of a smoker's lung as a naked virgin sacrificed into godfire? Why does she use this example? Explain her reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
What does Leigh-Cheri learn from her solitary existence in the attic?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Bernard want to have his day in court? What was he hoping to prove?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)