|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gulietta observe as she prepares to utilize the outdoors as a bathroom?
2. Who read Leigh-Cheri a bedtime story until she was fifteen?
3. Why does Bernard Mickey Wrangle use an assumed name?
4. What does Leigh-Cheri learn when she goes into the Pioneer bar?
5. What does the queen keep close to her bosom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Leigh-Cheri described by the local media?
2. What is learned about Leigh-Cheri by her crush on Ralph Nader?
3. What do the metaphors used in the Prologue tell the reader about what the writer wants to provide for them?
4. Who is the person that insults Leigh-Cheri while she is already upset over the bombing that ruined the Care Fest? What does that person say?
5. Who recognizes Bernard as the bomber of the Care Fest? Who makes a citizens arrest?
6. What is the rat/mongoose-crime/cop analogy?
7. What do you learn about the writer's creative mind as he tries to imagine a new typewriter design?
8. How do they say, "Have a nice day," in the writer's country?
9. In Chapters Seven and Eight, what is learned about the people around Leigh-Cheri?
10. What kind of relationship does Leigh-Cheri have with Gulietta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened when word got out about Leigh-Cheri's symbolic act of her self-imposed imprisonment in her attic? Was this an act of protest over his being arrested or unity in support of the man she loves? What was the action supposed to prove? What was Bernard's reaction to it? Why? Shouldn't he have been honored that she loved him so much to do what she did, instead returning to life as normal?
Essay Topic 2
What are Right Wing and Left Wing government? How does Right Wing government pertain to the taking over of the Furstenberg-Barcalona's home country?
Essay Topic 3
How does Bernard explain the difference between a criminal and an outlaw? Is there really a difference?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)