|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the juggler mentioned by the writer?
2. What does the writer feel might make the Remington a better typewriter?
3. How old is Gulietta?
4. Who is the main character, Leigh-Cheri?
5. What effect does the color of the typewriter have on the writer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Geo-Therapy Care Fest?
2. What does Robbins humorously determine will eventually happen to typewriters?
3. What happens when a writer publishes an open letter to Bernard calling him a victim of the Vietnam War?
4. What does the time period of the story have to do with the Princess Leigh-Cheri's search for love that stays?
5. What is learned about Leigh-Cheri during the incident with the frog on the plane?
6. What are the concerns King Max and Queen Tilli discuss about their daughter while she is away at the conference?
7. Why does Bernard tell Leigh-Cheri he understands why she needs to get out of the sun?
8. In Chapter Thirty-Six there is a lengthy explanation about the difference between ideas and objects. In summary, what is said about the two?
9. What kind of relationship does Leigh-Cheri have with Gulietta?
10. Who recognizes Bernard as the bomber of the Care Fest? Who makes a citizens arrest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leigh-Cheri's bedtime story causes much ado when Bernard wants to know what happened to the golden ball. Is this a normal curiosity or a ploy used in the plot so that the writer can bring up the golden ball again later in the story? Where in the story is the golden ball misused as a metaphor for something else? Is the golden ball a metaphor or something in the story? If so, what?
Essay Topic 2
What does Leigh-Cheri learn from her solitary existence in the attic?
Essay Topic 3
What is the symbolism of the bedtime story that was read to Leigh-Cheri every night until she was fifteen?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)