|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leigh-Cheri learn Bernard is staying?
2. What is one of the contraception methods Bernard considered that has to do with the moon phases?
3. What does Leigh-Cheri ask the frog in the beginning of Chapter Two?
4. What does the writer want to send his readers?
5. Where does the writer sense the novel of his dreams is located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who recognizes Bernard as the bomber of the Care Fest? Who makes a citizens arrest?
2. What are the concerns King Max and Queen Tilli discuss about their daughter while she is away at the conference?
3. What is the rat/mongoose-crime/cop analogy?
4. What is wrong with the color of the writer's typewriter?
5. What does the reader learn about the writer's typing ability?
6. How do they say, "Have a nice day," in the writer's country?
7. In Chapter Thirty-Six there is a lengthy explanation about the difference between ideas and objects. In summary, what is said about the two?
8. What does his use of metaphors tell about the writer's expectations for his new electric typewriter?
9. Where did Bernard Hickey Wrangle, a.k.a. "The Woodpecker", set off a bomb that injured someone? What did Bernard do to make amends?
10. What groups, many of which make their home on Maui, want to participate in the Care Fest and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolism of the bedtime story that was read to Leigh-Cheri every night until she was fifteen?
Essay Topic 2
What are the King and Queen's reactions to Leigh-Cheri's self-imposed imprisonment in the attic? What do they say to each other about it? What do they say to her? Are they more concerned for their daughter's well being or for maintaining the monarchy? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of the word CHOICE? How does Leigh-Cheri interpret the deep meaning of the word?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)