|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who read Leigh-Cheri a bedtime story until she was fifteen?
2. How long does it take Bernard to escape from prison?
3. What is amusing about Benard's bartender job?
4. As Leigh-Cheri stands in the sun watching the conference speaker, what is the shadow that falls over her?
5. What does Bernard say he is not?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the person that insults Leigh-Cheri while she is already upset over the bombing that ruined the Care Fest? What does that person say?
2. Why is the writer dissatisfied with his new typewriter?
3. What goes wrong with the conference in Chapter Thirty-Six?
4. In Chapter Eleven, what is revealed about Leigh-Cheri's relationship with her parents?
5. What is learned about Leigh-Cheri by her crush on Ralph Nader?
6. What symbolism is there in Leigh-Cheri using the attic for her escape?
7. Why does Bernard tell Leigh-Cheri he understands why she needs to get out of the sun?
8. Why are the the Furstengerg-Barcalonas in exile?
9. Where did Bernard Hickey Wrangle, a.k.a. "The Woodpecker", set off a bomb that injured someone? What did Bernard do to make amends?
10. How do they say, "Have a nice day," in the writer's country?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Right Wing and Left Wing government? How does Right Wing government pertain to the taking over of the Furstenberg-Barcalona's home country?
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose of the writer telling the readers about his new Remington SL3? Does it hold some type of symbolism for the story?
Essay Topic 3
What does Leigh-Cheri learn from her solitary existence in the attic?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)