|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the novel take place?
2. What does the writer feel might make the Remington a better typewriter?
3. What does the writer want to leave with his readers?
4. Why doesn't the writer switch machines?
5. What is strapped to Bernard Mickey Wrangle as he sits in the rear of the airplane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea does Leigh-Cheri talk about when she is interviewed for People magazine?
2. What is the writer's expectation for the typewriter?
3. What does his use of metaphors tell about the writer's expectations for his new electric typewriter?
4. What does Leigh-Cheri learn when she goes on Bernard's boat?
5. What is wrong with the color of the writer's typewriter?
6. Where did Bernard Hickey Wrangle, a.k.a. "The Woodpecker", set off a bomb that injured someone? What did Bernard do to make amends?
7. Who is the person that insults Leigh-Cheri while she is already upset over the bombing that ruined the Care Fest? What does that person say?
8. Why is the writer dissatisfied with his new typewriter?
9. What does the reader learn about the writer's typing ability?
10. Who recognizes Bernard as the bomber of the Care Fest? Who makes a citizens arrest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What leads Leigh-Cheri to use the metaphor of a smoker's lung as a naked virgin sacrificed into godfire? Why does she use this example? Explain her reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
What are Right Wing and Left Wing government? How does Right Wing government pertain to the taking over of the Furstenberg-Barcalona's home country?
Essay Topic 3
How does the writer finally explain "How to make love stay?" Do you agree with him?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)