|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the similarity between juggling and composing on a typewriter?
2. Who is Chuck?
3. For what magazine does Reed Jarvis write?
4. In the story the writer tells about the Second World War, what happens to the American pilot?
5. Why doesn't the writer switch machines?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Montana Judy, Bernard's outlaw girlfriend, turn him in to the police? What happens to him because he was turned in?
2. What problem does the writer seem to have with his new typewriter?
3. As her plane lands in Maui, what thoughts does Leigh-Cheri have about herself?
4. How is Leigh-Cheri described by the local media?
5. How do they say, "Have a nice day," in the writer's country?
6. What is the writer's expectation for the typewriter?
7. Who recognizes Bernard as the bomber of the Care Fest? Who makes a citizens arrest?
8. What does his use of metaphors tell about the writer's expectations for his new electric typewriter?
9. Who is the person that insults Leigh-Cheri while she is already upset over the bombing that ruined the Care Fest? What does that person say?
10. Why does Bernard Mickey Wrangle go by so many names?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Right Wing and Left Wing government? How does Right Wing government pertain to the taking over of the Furstenberg-Barcalona's home country?
Essay Topic 2
How does Bernard explain the difference between a criminal and an outlaw? Is there really a difference?
Essay Topic 3
How does the writer finally explain "How to make love stay?" Do you agree with him?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)