|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does the color of the typewriter have on the writer?
2. In Chapter Thirty-Three Leigh-Cheri awakens from a dream where Ralph Nader does what?
3. What does her chaperon purchase for the trip?
4. What is the writer thinking about the Remington SL3 during the first "Interlude" in the novel?
5. What does the yogi do to try to bring serenity to the conference?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea does Leigh-Cheri talk about when she is interviewed for People magazine?
2. In Chapter Eleven, what is revealed about Leigh-Cheri's relationship with her parents?
3. Why are the the Furstengerg-Barcalonas in exile?
4. What do the metaphors used in the Prologue tell the reader about what the writer wants to provide for them?
5. What is wrong with the color of the writer's typewriter?
6. In what way does the writer begin Chapter Eighteen?
7. How do they say, "Have a nice day," in the writer's country?
8. What is the rat/mongoose-crime/cop analogy?
9. What does the time period of the story have to do with the Princess Leigh-Cheri's search for love that stays?
10. Where did Bernard Hickey Wrangle, a.k.a. "The Woodpecker", set off a bomb that injured someone? What did Bernard do to make amends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What leads Leigh-Cheri to use the metaphor of a smoker's lung as a naked virgin sacrificed into godfire? Why does she use this example? Explain her reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose of the writer telling the readers about his new Remington SL3? Does it hold some type of symbolism for the story?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Gulietta's claim to the throne of the Furstenberg-Barcalona's home country. Why was Leigh-Cheri by-passed?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)