|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion are the villagers where the pilot ends up?
2. What hangs on the walls of Leigh-Cheri's room?
3. While Leigh-Cheri and Gulietta are gone, what are the King and Queen struggling with in Chapter Thirty?
4. Why does Bernard Mickey Wrangle use an assumed name?
5. What does Bernard compare outlaws to in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the writer dissatisfied with his new typewriter?
2. What do you learn about the writer's creative mind as he tries to imagine a new typewriter design?
3. What does Leigh-Cheri learn when she goes on Bernard's boat?
4. In Chapter Eleven, what is revealed about Leigh-Cheri's relationship with her parents?
5. What kind of relationship does Leigh-Cheri have with Gulietta?
6. As her plane lands in Maui, what thoughts does Leigh-Cheri have about herself?
7. Why is Leigh-Cheri so upset when she returns to the boat where Bernard was staying?
8. Who recognizes Bernard as the bomber of the Care Fest? Who makes a citizens arrest?
9. What symbolism is there in Leigh-Cheri using the attic for her escape?
10. What do the metaphors used in the Prologue tell the reader about what the writer wants to provide for them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What leads Leigh-Cheri to use the metaphor of a smoker's lung as a naked virgin sacrificed into godfire? Why does she use this example? Explain her reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
What happened when word got out about Leigh-Cheri's symbolic act of her self-imposed imprisonment in her attic? Was this an act of protest over his being arrested or unity in support of the man she loves? What was the action supposed to prove? What was Bernard's reaction to it? Why? Shouldn't he have been honored that she loved him so much to do what she did, instead returning to life as normal?
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of the word CHOICE? How does Leigh-Cheri interpret the deep meaning of the word?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)