|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hangs on the walls of Leigh-Cheri's room?
2. Who is the juggler mentioned by the writer?
3. In Chapter Thirty-Three Leigh-Cheri awakens from a dream where Ralph Nader does what?
4. What is the similarity between juggling and composing on a typewriter?
5. In Chapter Thirty-Eight, what does Bernard say he stands for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Leigh-Cheri described by the local media?
2. What is learned about Leigh-Cheri during the incident with the frog on the plane?
3. What do the metaphors used in the Prologue tell the reader about what the writer wants to provide for them?
4. What problem does the writer seem to have with his new typewriter?
5. What is the writer's expectation for the typewriter?
6. What is learned about Leigh-Cheri by her crush on Ralph Nader?
7. Who is the person that insults Leigh-Cheri while she is already upset over the bombing that ruined the Care Fest? What does that person say?
8. What are the concerns King Max and Queen Tilli discuss about their daughter while she is away at the conference?
9. Why does Bernard tell Leigh-Cheri he understands why she needs to get out of the sun?
10. In Chapter Thirty-Six there is a lengthy explanation about the difference between ideas and objects. In summary, what is said about the two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened when word got out about Leigh-Cheri's symbolic act of her self-imposed imprisonment in her attic? Was this an act of protest over his being arrested or unity in support of the man she loves? What was the action supposed to prove? What was Bernard's reaction to it? Why? Shouldn't he have been honored that she loved him so much to do what she did, instead returning to life as normal?
Essay Topic 2
How does the writer finally explain "How to make love stay?" Do you agree with him?
Essay Topic 3
After the explosion when Leigh-Cheri and Bernard were together again, what did they remember about their time after the blast? Was it a dream? Did it really happen? How can it be explained?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)