Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While visiting him in his hideaway, what disclosure does Leigh-Cheri make to Bernard about how he makes her feel?
2. What is the only serious question mentioned in Chapter Two?
3. What happens to the writer's finger last week?
4. Who is the juggler mentioned by the writer?
5. Who does Leigh-Cheri miss when she stays with Bernard in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goes wrong with the conference in Chapter Thirty-Six?
2. What question does the People magazine journalist, Reed Jarvis, ask Leigh-Cheri that ends up bringing tears to her eyes as she responds?
3. Why does Leigh-Cheri visit the pyramid the night before her wedding to A'ben Fizel?
4. In what way does the writer begin Chapter Eighteen?
5. What mishaps do not endear Bernard to Queen Tilli?
6. How do the authorities finally find Bernard to arrest him?
7. How did Gulietta become queen of the Furstenberg-Barcalonas' homeland?
8. Why does Montana Judy, Bernard's outlaw girlfriend, turn him in to the police? What happens to him because he was turned in?
9. What are the concerns King Max and Queen Tilli discuss about their daughter while she is away at the conference?
10. What kind of ending did this novel have?
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of the writer telling the readers about his new Remington SL3? Does it hold some type of symbolism for the story?
Essay Topic 2
What happened when word got out about Leigh-Cheri's symbolic act of her self-imposed imprisonment in her attic? Was this an act of protest over his being arrested or unity in support of the man she loves? What was the action supposed to prove? What was Bernard's reaction to it? Why? Shouldn't he have been honored that she loved him so much to do what she did, instead returning to life as normal?
Essay Topic 3
What are Right Wing and Left Wing government? How does Right Wing government pertain to the taking over of the Furstenberg-Barcalona's home country?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)