|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Chuck?
2. What does Leigh-Cheri learn when she goes into the Pioneer bar?
3. What does Bernard Mickey Wrangle eat while on the airplane?
4. In the story the writer tells about the Second World War, what happens to the American pilot?
5. What happens when the Care Fest combines the panel on birth control with the one on child care?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem does the writer seem to have with his new typewriter?
2. What question does the People magazine journalist, Reed Jarvis, ask Leigh-Cheri that ends up bringing tears to her eyes as she responds?
3. What happens when a writer publishes an open letter to Bernard calling him a victim of the Vietnam War?
4. What goes wrong with the conference in Chapter Thirty-Six?
5. What are the concerns King Max and Queen Tilli discuss about their daughter while she is away at the conference?
6. Why are the the Furstengerg-Barcalonas in exile?
7. Why does Bernard Mickey Wrangle go by so many names?
8. What does Robbins humorously determine will eventually happen to typewriters?
9. Why is Leigh-Cheri so upset when she returns to the boat where Bernard was staying?
10. What groups, many of which make their home on Maui, want to participate in the Care Fest and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The story speaks about a large number of UFO sightings in Hawaii, in particular Maui. It also discusses the "Red Beards" of South and Central America and Mexico. Consider the discussion Leigh-Cheri and Bernard have about these subjects. What are their feelings about UFOs, aliens and Red Beards? Do they believe in them? This is a work of fiction, however, much of fiction is based on fact. Research each of these topics and note what you learn. Were any of these topics based on factual information?
Essay Topic 2
What are Right Wing and Left Wing government? How does Right Wing government pertain to the taking over of the Furstenberg-Barcalona's home country?
Essay Topic 3
What are the King and Queen's reactions to Leigh-Cheri's self-imposed imprisonment in the attic? What do they say to each other about it? What do they say to her? Are they more concerned for their daughter's well being or for maintaining the monarchy? Explain your answers.
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)