|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the contraception methods Bernard considered that has to do with the moon phases?
2. What metaphor does the writer use to say he hopes to make it to the end of the novel?
3. Where does the writer sense the novel of his dreams is located?
4. Why is the Care Fest organized?
5. Who does Leigh-Cheri miss when she stays with Bernard in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leigh-Cheri learn when she goes on Bernard's boat?
2. What are the concerns King Max and Queen Tilli discuss about their daughter while she is away at the conference?
3. What do the metaphors used in the Prologue tell the reader about what the writer wants to provide for them?
4. In what way does the writer begin Chapter Eighteen?
5. What is the writer's expectation for the typewriter?
6. What is learned about Leigh-Cheri during the incident with the frog on the plane?
7. Why does Montana Judy, Bernard's outlaw girlfriend, turn him in to the police? What happens to him because he was turned in?
8. What problem does the writer seem to have with his new typewriter?
9. What kind of relationship does Leigh-Cheri have with Gulietta?
10. What happens when a writer publishes an open letter to Bernard calling him a victim of the Vietnam War?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of the Geo-Therapy Care Fest to Leigh-Cheri? What interests her most about it?
Essay Topic 2
What happened when word got out about Leigh-Cheri's symbolic act of her self-imposed imprisonment in her attic? Was this an act of protest over his being arrested or unity in support of the man she loves? What was the action supposed to prove? What was Bernard's reaction to it? Why? Shouldn't he have been honored that she loved him so much to do what she did, instead returning to life as normal?
Essay Topic 3
How did Leigh-Cheri sell A'ben Fizel on the idea of building a pyramid? Wasn't it a far-fetched idea? Why did he agree, knowing the project would take a long time and a lot of money to complete? Was it a loving gesture or a business deal? What kind of relationship did they have? Were they in love or business partners with fringe benefits?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)