|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernard compare outlaws to in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
2. What happens to the writer's finger last week?
3. How do the villagers learn about Christian burials?
4. What hangs on the walls of Leigh-Cheri's room?
5. Why does Bernard Mickey Wrangle use an assumed name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you learn about the writer's creative mind as he tries to imagine a new typewriter design?
2. What are the concerns King Max and Queen Tilli discuss about their daughter while she is away at the conference?
3. How is Leigh-Cheri described by the local media?
4. Why is Leigh-Cheri so upset when she returns to the boat where Bernard was staying?
5. What does the reader learn about the writer's typing ability?
6. What does the time period of the story have to do with the Princess Leigh-Cheri's search for love that stays?
7. What idea does Leigh-Cheri talk about when she is interviewed for People magazine?
8. What groups, many of which make their home on Maui, want to participate in the Care Fest and why?
9. What goes wrong with the conference in Chapter Thirty-Six?
10. What question does the People magazine journalist, Reed Jarvis, ask Leigh-Cheri that ends up bringing tears to her eyes as she responds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolism of the bedtime story that was read to Leigh-Cheri every night until she was fifteen?
Essay Topic 2
What is the symbolism of the pyramids on the pack of Camels and the dollar bill? What is the symbolism of the man and the camel on the pack of Camel cigarettes?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Gulietta's claim to the throne of the Furstenberg-Barcalona's home country. Why was Leigh-Cheri by-passed?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)