|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bernard feel about TNT?
2. What does Bernard compare outlaws to in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
3. What is strapped to Bernard Mickey Wrangle as he sits in the rear of the airplane?
4. What is the writer thinking about the Remington SL3 during the first "Interlude" in the novel?
5. Why doesn't Leigh-Cherie like Sunday brunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the writer's expectation for the typewriter?
2. What are the concerns King Max and Queen Tilli discuss about their daughter while she is away at the conference?
3. Who recognizes Bernard as the bomber of the Care Fest? Who makes a citizens arrest?
4. Why are the the Furstengerg-Barcalonas in exile?
5. What does the time period of the story have to do with the Princess Leigh-Cheri's search for love that stays?
6. In Chapters Seven and Eight, what is learned about the people around Leigh-Cheri?
7. Where did Bernard Hickey Wrangle, a.k.a. "The Woodpecker", set off a bomb that injured someone? What did Bernard do to make amends?
8. How do they say, "Have a nice day," in the writer's country?
9. What is the Geo-Therapy Care Fest?
10. What do the metaphors used in the Prologue tell the reader about what the writer wants to provide for them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Gulietta's claim to the throne of the Furstenberg-Barcalona's home country. Why was Leigh-Cheri by-passed?
Essay Topic 2
After the explosion when Leigh-Cheri and Bernard were together again, what did they remember about their time after the blast? Was it a dream? Did it really happen? How can it be explained?
Essay Topic 3
What are the King and Queen's reactions to Leigh-Cheri's self-imposed imprisonment in the attic? What do they say to each other about it? What do they say to her? Are they more concerned for their daughter's well being or for maintaining the monarchy? Explain your answers.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)