|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernard Mickey Wrangle eat while on the airplane?
2. What is strapped to Bernard Mickey Wrangle as he sits in the rear of the airplane?
3. What does the writer have under lock and key?
4. What happens to the writer's finger last week?
5. What girlfriend/partner in crime turns Bernard in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea does Leigh-Cheri talk about when she is interviewed for People magazine?
2. Why does Montana Judy, Bernard's outlaw girlfriend, turn him in to the police? What happens to him because he was turned in?
3. What groups, many of which make their home on Maui, want to participate in the Care Fest and why?
4. What goes wrong with the conference in Chapter Thirty-Six?
5. What is learned about Leigh-Cheri by her crush on Ralph Nader?
6. Why is the writer dissatisfied with his new typewriter?
7. Why is Leigh-Cheri so upset when she returns to the boat where Bernard was staying?
8. Why does Bernard Mickey Wrangle go by so many names?
9. How is Leigh-Cheri described by the local media?
10. What symbolism is there in Leigh-Cheri using the attic for her escape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Right Wing and Left Wing government? How does Right Wing government pertain to the taking over of the Furstenberg-Barcalona's home country?
Essay Topic 2
The story speaks about a large number of UFO sightings in Hawaii, in particular Maui. It also discusses the "Red Beards" of South and Central America and Mexico. Consider the discussion Leigh-Cheri and Bernard have about these subjects. What are their feelings about UFOs, aliens and Red Beards? Do they believe in them? This is a work of fiction, however, much of fiction is based on fact. Research each of these topics and note what you learn. Were any of these topics based on factual information?
Essay Topic 3
What does Leigh-Cheri learn from her solitary existence in the attic?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)