|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bernard at the conference?
2. What does Bernard say about when freedom is outlawed?
3. What is the writer thinking about the Remington SL3 during the first "Interlude" in the novel?
4. What does the writer have under lock and key?
5. In Chapter Thirty-Eight, what does Bernard say he stands for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the metaphors used in the Prologue tell the reader about what the writer wants to provide for them?
2. Why are the the Furstengerg-Barcalonas in exile?
3. What goes wrong with the conference in Chapter Thirty-Six?
4. Why does Bernard tell Leigh-Cheri he understands why she needs to get out of the sun?
5. What kind of relationship does Leigh-Cheri have with Gulietta?
6. In Chapter Thirty-Six there is a lengthy explanation about the difference between ideas and objects. In summary, what is said about the two?
7. Where did Bernard Hickey Wrangle, a.k.a. "The Woodpecker", set off a bomb that injured someone? What did Bernard do to make amends?
8. What is the rat/mongoose-crime/cop analogy?
9. Why does Montana Judy, Bernard's outlaw girlfriend, turn him in to the police? What happens to him because he was turned in?
10. What does Robbins humorously determine will eventually happen to typewriters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of the word CHOICE? How does Leigh-Cheri interpret the deep meaning of the word?
Essay Topic 2
In the beginning of the story, Leigh-Cheri is infatuated with Ralph Nader. Who is he? What does he stand for? Why do you think he was chosen to be the recipient of her devotion?
Essay Topic 3
What are the King and Queen's reactions to Leigh-Cheri's self-imposed imprisonment in the attic? What do they say to each other about it? What do they say to her? Are they more concerned for their daughter's well being or for maintaining the monarchy? Explain your answers.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)