|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Princess live?
2. What mistake does Bernard make as he carried out his intentions for being at the conference?
3. What is the writer's old typewriter named?
4. How does the writer describe the Hawaii sun?
5. What happens when the Care Fest combines the panel on birth control with the one on child care?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the writer say about making love stay?
2. What does the reader learn about the writer's typing ability?
3. As her plane lands in Maui, what thoughts does Leigh-Cheri have about herself?
4. What drastic measure does Leigh-Cheri do to show her support and love for Bernard while he is in prison?
5. What kind of ending did this novel have?
6. What does the time period of the story have to do with the Princess Leigh-Cheri's search for love that stays?
7. Why are the the Furstengerg-Barcalonas in exile?
8. What is the Geo-Therapy Care Fest?
9. What kind of relationship does Leigh-Cheri have with Gulietta?
10. What does Leigh-Cheri begin to do while she is in her self-imposed solitary confinement?
Essay Topic 1
Leigh-Cheri's bedtime story causes much ado when Bernard wants to know what happened to the golden ball. Is this a normal curiosity or a ploy used in the plot so that the writer can bring up the golden ball again later in the story? Where in the story is the golden ball misused as a metaphor for something else? Is the golden ball a metaphor or something in the story? If so, what?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Bernard want to have his day in court? What was he hoping to prove?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the effectiveness of the way Chapter Thrity-Nine is written by jumping back and forth between two difference scenes.
This section contains 1,260 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)