|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the third "Interlude," what does the writer say his typewriter needs?
2. In Chapter Thirty-Eight, what does Bernard say he stands for?
3. According to the novelist, what is used to write this novel?
4. In Chapter Thirty-One, why does Leigh-Cheri say she can't miss the Care Fest on the following evening?
5. Who is Chuck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea does Leigh-Cheri talk about when she is interviewed for People magazine?
2. What kind of relationship does Leigh-Cheri have with Gulietta?
3. What is wrong with the color of the writer's typewriter?
4. What do you learn about the writer's creative mind as he tries to imagine a new typewriter design?
5. What do the metaphors used in the Prologue tell the reader about what the writer wants to provide for them?
6. What symbolism is there in Leigh-Cheri using the attic for her escape?
7. What is the rat/mongoose-crime/cop analogy?
8. Prior to being given the name of Bernard Mickey Wrangle, what was Bernard's name?
9. Why does Bernard tell Leigh-Cheri he understands why she needs to get out of the sun?
10. What does Robbins humorously determine will eventually happen to typewriters?
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of the Geo-Therapy Care Fest to Leigh-Cheri? What interests her most about it?
Essay Topic 2
After the explosion when Leigh-Cheri and Bernard were together again, what did they remember about their time after the blast? Was it a dream? Did it really happen? How can it be explained?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the effectiveness of the way Chapter Thrity-Nine is written by jumping back and forth between two difference scenes.
This section contains 1,365 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)