|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What novel is hard to read while listening to Stevie Wonder?
2. What are the writer's final words?
3. According to the novelist, what is used to write this novel?
4. Why is Bernard at the conference?
5. How does the writer describe the Hawaii sun?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about the writer's typing ability?
2. What question does the People magazine journalist, Reed Jarvis, ask Leigh-Cheri that ends up bringing tears to her eyes as she responds?
3. What is the writer's expectation for the typewriter?
4. What is the Geo-Therapy Care Fest?
5. What idea does Leigh-Cheri talk about when she is interviewed for People magazine?
6. What kind of ending did this novel have?
7. Why is the writer dissatisfied with his new typewriter?
8. What mishaps do not endear Bernard to Queen Tilli?
9. Why are the the Furstengerg-Barcalonas in exile?
10. How does Bernard explain what is wrong with the way most people look at pyramids?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Bernard want to have his day in court? What was he hoping to prove?
Essay Topic 2
Leigh-Cheri's bedtime story causes much ado when Bernard wants to know what happened to the golden ball. Is this a normal curiosity or a ploy used in the plot so that the writer can bring up the golden ball again later in the story? Where in the story is the golden ball misused as a metaphor for something else? Is the golden ball a metaphor or something in the story? If so, what?
Essay Topic 3
What are Right Wing and Left Wing government? How does Right Wing government pertain to the taking over of the Furstenberg-Barcalona's home country?
This section contains 1,280 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)