|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the similarity between juggling and composing on a typewriter?
2. What does the writer have under lock and key?
3. Who is not on the Twelve Most Famous Redheads list in Chapter Twenty?
4. What do people from Argon think about redheads?
5. How does Bernard feel about TNT?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bernard tell Leigh-Cheri he understands why she needs to get out of the sun?
2. What does the time period of the story have to do with the Princess Leigh-Cheri's search for love that stays?
3. What groups, many of which make their home on Maui, want to participate in the Care Fest and why?
4. Who recognizes Bernard as the bomber of the Care Fest? Who makes a citizens arrest?
5. What is learned about Leigh-Cheri by her crush on Ralph Nader?
6. What is the Geo-Therapy Care Fest?
7. Why does Bernard Mickey Wrangle go by so many names?
8. What do you learn about the writer's creative mind as he tries to imagine a new typewriter design?
9. What goes wrong with the conference in Chapter Thirty-Six?
10. What do the metaphors used in the Prologue tell the reader about what the writer wants to provide for them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Leigh-Cheri learn from her solitary existence in the attic?
Essay Topic 2
In the beginning of the story, Leigh-Cheri is infatuated with Ralph Nader. Who is he? What does he stand for? Why do you think he was chosen to be the recipient of her devotion?
Essay Topic 3
How does the writer finally explain "How to make love stay?" Do you agree with him?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)