|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion are the villagers where the pilot ends up?
2. What does the writer's new typewriter speak?
3. As Leigh-Cheri stands in the sun watching the conference speaker, what is the shadow that falls over her?
4. Who also wants to participate in the Care Fest?
5. What does Leigh-Cheri want to do when she turned twenty-one?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Eleven, what is revealed about Leigh-Cheri's relationship with her parents?
2. How do they say, "Have a nice day," in the writer's country?
3. Why are the the Furstengerg-Barcalonas in exile?
4. Why does Bernard Mickey Wrangle go by so many names?
5. What question does the People magazine journalist, Reed Jarvis, ask Leigh-Cheri that ends up bringing tears to her eyes as she responds?
6. Why does Bernard tell Leigh-Cheri he understands why she needs to get out of the sun?
7. What is learned about Leigh-Cheri during the incident with the frog on the plane?
8. Why is Leigh-Cheri so upset when she returns to the boat where Bernard was staying?
9. What is the Geo-Therapy Care Fest?
10. What is learned about Leigh-Cheri by her crush on Ralph Nader?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the King and Queen's reactions to Leigh-Cheri's self-imposed imprisonment in the attic? What do they say to each other about it? What do they say to her? Are they more concerned for their daughter's well being or for maintaining the monarchy? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the effectiveness of the way Chapter Thrity-Nine is written by jumping back and forth between two difference scenes.
Essay Topic 3
What leads Leigh-Cheri to use the metaphor of a smoker's lung as a naked virgin sacrificed into godfire? Why does she use this example? Explain her reasoning.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)