|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what will be at the Care Fest?
2. In the third "Interlude," what does the writer say his typewriter needs?
3. Who wins when Chuck and the King play poker?
4. Why doesn't the writer switch machines?
5. What does the queen keep close to her bosom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea does Leigh-Cheri talk about when she is interviewed for People magazine?
2. What is the Geo-Therapy Care Fest?
3. Where did Bernard Hickey Wrangle, a.k.a. "The Woodpecker", set off a bomb that injured someone? What did Bernard do to make amends?
4. What is learned about Leigh-Cheri during the incident with the frog on the plane?
5. What do the metaphors used in the Prologue tell the reader about what the writer wants to provide for them?
6. Why are the the Furstengerg-Barcalonas in exile?
7. What does the reader learn about the writer's typing ability?
8. How is Leigh-Cheri described by the local media?
9. What symbolism is there in Leigh-Cheri using the attic for her escape?
10. Why is Leigh-Cheri so upset when she returns to the boat where Bernard was staying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolism of the pyramids on the pack of Camels and the dollar bill? What is the symbolism of the man and the camel on the pack of Camel cigarettes?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Gulietta's claim to the throne of the Furstenberg-Barcalona's home country. Why was Leigh-Cheri by-passed?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Bernard want to have his day in court? What was he hoping to prove?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)