|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Forty-Six, who does Leigh-Cheri refuse to see?
(a) King Max.
(b) Queen Tilli.
(d) A'ben Fizel.
2. What happens to Leigh-Cheri after the blast?
(a) She is with her mother and Gulietta.
(b) She is not found.
(c) She is killed in the blast.
(d) She has some injuries and was deaf.
3. Who is named queen of the Furstenberg-Barcalona's home country after the family was returned to power?
(b) King Max.
(d) Queen Tilli.
4. What happens to King Max because of all his worry over Leigh-Cheri?
(a) He dies in Reno.
(b) He meets a showgirl and wants to divorce Tilli.
(c) He wins the house in Reno.
(d) He wants to hold a party for their return.
5. What does the writer tell the readers the Cuban children asked him for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leigh-Cheri go at midnight the night before her wedding?
2. What does Leigh-Cheri do when the food and champagne run out?
3. When will Leigh-Cheri receive her gift?
4. What does Bernard say about people who limit others?
5. Who is arrested in Algeria and detained in prison because of A'ben Fizel's bribery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the authorities finally find Bernard to arrest him?
2. Why does the writer say his new typewriter will have to cope with letters, words and sentence structures that no other typewriter has ever had?
3. What is Bernard's reaction to Leigh-Cheri's self-imposed solitary confinement?
4. What questions does the writer hope to answer as he finishes the book?
5. What mishaps do not endear Bernard to Queen Tilli?
6. What happened that coincided with what looked to Leigh-Cheri, Bernard, and their companions to be a space ship flying by them?
7. What kind of ending did this novel have?
8. Why does Leigh-Cheri visit the pyramid the night before her wedding to A'ben Fizel?
9. Why is Leigh-Cheri only permitted to tell a story when she visits Bernard in prison?
10. What does Leigh-Cheri begin to do while she is in her self-imposed solitary confinement?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)