|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Bernard rebels against behavioral codes, what does he do?
(a) He throws his last stick of dynamite in the ocean.
(b) He goes to charm school.
(c) He turns himself in to the police.
(d) He goes to Leigh-Cheri's home to meet her parents.
2. What is the pea under Leigh-Cheri's mattress?
(a) All the social ills she has come to the conference to learn about.
(b) It is actually a large rock beneath her sleeping bag.
(c) Fear that she will become an outlaw like Bernard.
(d) Fear that if she returns to the conference she may get caught up in the fighting.
3. When does Leigh-Cheri bathe while Bernard is in jail?
(a) Saturday nights.
(b) She didn't take a bath.
(c) Saturday nights and when needed.
(d) Every night.
4. Who gets Leigh-Cheri and Bernard out of the country?
(a) Ralph Nader.
(b) King Max.
(c) Queen Gulietta.
(d) Queen Tilli.
5. What question does Leigh-Cheri ask at the end of Chapter Eighty-One?
(a) "Where's Prince Charming?"
(b) "Why can't I sleep?"
(c) "Whatever happens to the golden ball?"
(d) "Why does the frog turn into a prince?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leigh-Cheri do when the food and champagne run out?
2. What does Bernard say about love?
3. What happens to King Max because of all his worry over Leigh-Cheri?
4. What is happening to King Max after he moves from Pugent Sound?
5. In the second "Interlude", what questions does the writer ask about the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leigh-Cheri do on her birthday?
2. Why is Leigh-Cheri only permitted to tell a story when she visits Bernard in prison?
3. Who are the "Red Beards" Bernard tells Leigh-Cheri about?
4. What is Leigh-Cheri's shocking find when she goes to the pyramid?
5. What happened that coincided with what looked to Leigh-Cheri, Bernard, and their companions to be a space ship flying by them?
6. How does Bernard explain what is wrong with the way most people look at pyramids?
7. What is Bernard's reaction to Leigh-Cheri's self-imposed solitary confinement?
8. What kind of ending did this novel have?
9. What did Bernard do to his attorney when he learned he was not going to have a trial and would only finish his original sentence?
10. How do the authorities finally find Bernard to arrest him?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)