|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Leigh-Cheri realize looks the same in a mirror?
2. What example does Bernard give about myth?
(a) The Man-on-the-Moon.
(b) The Argonites.
(c) The Red Beards.
(d) The Yellow Hairs.
3. Why does Bernard say he is there the night before Leigh-Cheri's wedding?
(a) To take her away.
(b) To blow the top off the pyramid.
(c) To apologize for his note.
(d) To start a new life.
4. What does Leigh-Cheri do while Bernard is in jail?
(a) She takes up smoking.
(b) She moves into her attic where she practices yoga to help her relax.
(c) Makes her room in the attic identical to Bernard's cell and lives like him.
(d) She pickets the jail where Bernard is inprisoned.
5. From what box of cereal does Leigh-Cheri read a satisfaction guarantee?
(b) Captain Crunch.
(c) Fruit Loops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Bernard do that does not get him on the Queen's good side?
2. Where does Leigh-Cheri and Bernard live at the end of the story?
3. What does the writer tell the readers the Cuban children asked him for?
4. How does the writer reply in Spanish to the Cuban children?
5. Who is arrested in Algeria and detained in prison because of A'ben Fizel's bribery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bernard's reaction to Leigh-Cheri's self-imposed solitary confinement?
2. What did Bernard do to his attorney when he learned he was not going to have a trial and would only finish his original sentence?
3. Why is Leigh-Cheri only permitted to tell a story when she visits Bernard in prison?
4. What drastic measure does Leigh-Cheri do to show her support and love for Bernard while he is in prison?
5. How do the authorities finally find Bernard to arrest him?
6. What questions does the writer hope to answer as he finishes the book?
7. Who are the "Red Beards" Bernard tells Leigh-Cheri about?
8. How did Gulietta become queen of the Furstenberg-Barcalonas' homeland?
9. What happened that coincided with what looked to Leigh-Cheri, Bernard, and their companions to be a space ship flying by them?
10. What does Leigh-Cheri begin to do while she is in her self-imposed solitary confinement?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)