|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Bernard as a toddler?
(a) His parents win the lottery.
(b) His hair turns red.
(c) His parents leave him at a gas station.
(d) His parents are killed in a bombing.
2. What does the writer say might happen during the rest of the story?
(a) He might begin writing in Chinese.
(b) He might lapse into writing Chiclet.
(c) He might have a Spanish speaking character.
(d) He might give the characters a box of Chiclets.
3. In the second "Interlude", what does the writer do to the typewriter he is using to write this novel?
(a) He paints it blue.
(b) He burns it.
(c) He sells it.
(d) He paints it red.
4. What does Chuck think Leigh-Cheri is doing in Chapter Sixty-Two?
(a) Communicating with the dead.
(b) Having a party.
(c) Running a gambling ring.
(d) Operating a radio transmitter.
5. Who gets Leigh-Cheri and Bernard out of the country?
(a) Queen Tilli.
(b) Queen Gulietta.
(c) King Max.
(d) Ralph Nader.
Short Answer Questions
1. While on the boat in Chapter Forty-Four, what does Leigh-Cheri and Bernard see?
2. Where does Leigh-Cheri and Bernard live at the end of the story?
3. Who is Nina Jablonski?
4. What happens to King Max because of all his worry over Leigh-Cheri?
5. What happens when A'ben Fizel sees Leigh-Cheri and Bernard hugging?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the writer say his new typewriter will have to cope with letters, words and sentence structures that no other typewriter has ever had?
2. What happened that coincided with what looked to Leigh-Cheri, Bernard, and their companions to be a space ship flying by them?
3. What is Leigh-Cheri's shocking find when she goes to the pyramid?
4. What drastic measure does Leigh-Cheri do to show her support and love for Bernard while he is in prison?
5. Why does Leigh-Cheri visit the pyramid the night before her wedding to A'ben Fizel?
6. Why is Leigh-Cheri only permitted to tell a story when she visits Bernard in prison?
7. What mishaps do not endear Bernard to Queen Tilli?
8. What kind of ending did this novel have?
9. Who are the "Red Beards" Bernard tells Leigh-Cheri about?
10. What questions does the writer hope to answer as he finishes the book?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)