|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Bernard in Algeria?
(a) He is allowed to go free.
(b) He is shot and killed.
(c) He is in solitary confinement.
(d) He finds a new girlfriend.
2. What does Bernard do when Leigh-Cheri insults him?
(a) He storms out of the bar they are in.
(b) He lights a stick of dynamite.
(c) He calls her a "spoiled princess."
(d) He tries to burn the building.
3. Where does Leigh-Cheri go at midnight the night before her wedding?
(a) To bed.
(b) The pyramid.
(c) To a night club.
(d) Home to her parents.
4. What does Bernard say about love?
(a) Love is the real outlaw.
(b) Love is an impossible dream.
(c) Love isn't possible alone.
(d) Love needs a spark to ignite just like dynamite.
5. After Leigh-Cheri tells Bernard her favorite bedtime story what does he ask?
(a) Whatever happens to the golden ball?
(b) How does the frog change into a Prince?
(c) Who writes the story?
(d) What happens to the frog?
6. Why can't Leigh-Cheri follow Bernard to the ends of the earth?
(a) Because she doesn't know where he is to follow him.
(b) She is grounded and can't leave home.
(c) She will never be able to walk that far.
(d) The earth doesn't have any ends.
7. What word does Leigh-Cheri realize looks the same in a mirror?
8. What does Leigh-Cheri do while Bernard is in jail?
(a) Makes her room in the attic identical to Bernard's cell and lives like him.
(b) She moves into her attic where she practices yoga to help her relax.
(c) She pickets the jail where Bernard is inprisoned.
(d) She takes up smoking.
9. What does Leigh-Cheri begin to study and analyze?
(a) A pack of Camel cigarettes.
(b) The behavior of her family.
(c) A box of Fruit Loops.
(d) The birds outside her windows.
10. From what box of cereal does Leigh-Cheri read a satisfaction guarantee?
(a) Captain Crunch.
(c) Fruit Loops.
11. Who is named queen of the Furstenberg-Barcalona's home country after the family was returned to power?
(c) King Max.
(d) Queen Tilli.
12. What question does Leigh-Cheri ask at the end of Chapter Eighty-One?
(a) "Why does the frog turn into a prince?"
(b) "Whatever happens to the golden ball?"
(c) "Why can't I sleep?"
(d) "Where's Prince Charming?"
13. What is in the note Queen Tilli gives Leigh-Cheri the night before her wedding to A'ben Fizel?
(a) The newspaper article telling of Bernard's death.
(b) A check for one million dollars from her father.
(c) A letter explaining why King Max couldn't come to her wedding.
(d) A picture of her parents.
14. What does Leigh-Cheri do when the food and champagne run out?
(a) She sets a fire and hopes to send smoke signals through the air vents.
(b) She tries using champagne as fuel to burn through the door.
(c) She tries to use the frosting from the cake to grease the lock on the door.
(d) She decides to blow open the door, hoping they'd get out or die together.
15. When does Leigh-Cheri bathe while Bernard is in jail?
(a) Saturday nights.
(b) Every night.
(c) She didn't take a bath.
(d) Saturday nights and when needed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Bernard as a toddler?
2. What happens when A'ben Fizel sees Leigh-Cheri and Bernard hugging?
3. In the second "Interlude", what does the writer do to the typewriter he is using to write this novel?
4. What doesLeigh-Cheri and Bernard eat and drink in order to survive after A'ben Fizel leaves them alone?
5. While on the boat in Chapter Forty-Four, what does Leigh-Cheri and Bernard see?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)