|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what box of cereal does Leigh-Cheri read a satisfaction guarantee?
(a) Fruit Loops.
(d) Captain Crunch.
2. What does Leigh-Cheri begin to study and analyze?
(a) The birds outside her windows.
(b) A pack of Camel cigarettes.
(c) The behavior of her family.
(d) A box of Fruit Loops.
3. When does Leigh-Cheri bathe while Bernard is in jail?
(a) Saturday nights and when needed.
(b) Saturday nights.
(c) Every night.
(d) She didn't take a bath.
4. What language does the writer say he is now teaching himself?
5. What does Bernard suggest to the King about blackberries?
(a) That the plants be burned to get rid of them.
(b) That they go into the blackberry pie baking business together.
(c) That they be planted on top of every building in Seattle.
(d) That they become the Washington state fruit.
6. Where does Leigh-Cheri and Bernard live at the end of the story?
(a) They live in the cave behind the waterfall.
(b) They move to the house at Puget Sound.
(c) They move to Hawaii.
(d) The move in with Ralph Nader.
7. What happens to Chuck when Leigh-Cheri finally opens her window?
(a) He runs into the house to tell everyone.
(b) He falls off a ladder into the blackberries.
(c) He stops painting to welcome her back to the world.
(d) He waves to her.
8. What happens to Leigh-Cheri after the blast?
(a) She is killed in the blast.
(b) She has some injuries and was deaf.
(c) She is not found.
(d) She is with her mother and Gulietta.
9. Who is named queen of the Furstenberg-Barcalona's home country after the family was returned to power?
(a) King Max.
(d) Queen Tilli.
10. What does the writer tell the readers the Cuban children asked him for?
11. What is happening to King Max after he moves from Pugent Sound?
(a) He is reading the newspaper daily.
(b) He's a big winner gambling in Reno.
(c) He's retired and doing volunteer work.
(d) He is playing the lottery.
12. In the second "Interlude", what questions does the writer ask about the story?
(a) How do you fall in love?
(b) Are redheads funnier people?
(c) Is the moon made of green cheese?
(d) None of the answers are correct.
13. What doesLeigh-Cheri and Bernard eat and drink in order to survive after A'ben Fizel leaves them alone?
(a) Wedding cake and wine coolers.
(b) Birthday cake and champagne.
(c) Bread and water.
(d) Wedding cake and champagne.
14. What does Gulietta start to wear when she comes to visit Leigh-Cheri?
(a) Her bikini.
(b) And "I'm on Strike" tee shirt.
(d) Jeans and a sweatshirt.
15. After Leigh-Cheri tells Bernard her favorite bedtime story what does he ask?
(a) How does the frog change into a Prince?
(b) Whatever happens to the golden ball?
(c) Who writes the story?
(d) What happens to the frog?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do King Max and Queen Tillie think about Bernard?
2. Who is arrested in Algeria and detained in prison because of A'ben Fizel's bribery?
3. What unusual thing happens as Leigh-Cheri and Bernard describe their dream or hallucination?
4. What does the writer say might happen during the rest of the story?
5. What word does Leigh-Cheri realize looks the same in a mirror?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)