|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For his payment after injuring someone in a blast, what does Barnard do?
(a) Gets a job rebuilding the place he blows up.
(b) He doesn't do anything.
(c) He pays the man's medical bills.
(d) Continues the man's work.
2. For what magazine does Reed Jarvis write?
(c) Ladies Home Journal.
3. What metaphor does the writer use to say he hopes to make it to the end of the novel?
(a) Auto racing.
(b) Wine drinking.
(c) Paper hanging.
(d) Fire eating.
4. What does the yogi do to try to bring serenity to the conference?
(a) All of the above.
(b) He swallows three butterflies then burps them up again unharmed.
(c) He puts a cobweb together with no parts left over.
(d) He takes a cobweb apart.
5. What is disclosed when Bernard smiles?
(a) Bad teeth.
(c) Bad breath.
(d) A gold tooth.
6. What is Bernard Mickey Wrangle known to millions as?
(a) The Uni-Bomber.
(b) The Woodpecker.
(c) The mad bomber.
(d) Boom Boom Firecracker.
7. What does Bernard say he is not?
(a) An outlaw.
(b) A scientist.
(c) A lover.
(d) A hero.
8. Who also wants to participate in the Care Fest?
(a) Flying saucer groups.
(b) Ralph Nader's brother Darth.
(c) The Medical Doctor's Association of Hawaii.
(d) Darth Vader.
9. What is the writer's old typewriter named?
(b) Smith and Corona.
(c) Remington Quick Tab.
(d) Remington SL2.
10. Who does Leigh-Cheri make a citizen's arrest on?
(a) Bernard the Woodpecker.
(b) Boom Boom Firecracker.
(d) Ralph Nader.
11. How long were the Furstenberg-Barcalona's exiled?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
12. Who is Gulietta?
(a) A deaf mute servant who needed a home.
(b) The last servant to put up with Princess Leigh-Cheri.
(c) A woman that Max and Tilli hired to work for them after coming to the U.S..
(d) The last living servant who accompanied Max and Tilli into exile.
13. In Chapter Thirty-Eight, what does Bernard say he stands for?
(a) Uncertainty, insecurity, surprise and disorder.
(b) Unlawfulness, bad taste and fun.
(c) All of the answers are correct..
(d) Things that go boom in the night.
14. What does Leigh-Cherie read about in the Sunday paper?
(a) The Geo-Therapy Care Fest.
(b) The government of her family's county has been overthrown.
(c) A free trip to Hawaii.
(d) A story about her is on the front page.
15. Who does Leigh-Cheri miss when she stays with Bernard in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
(a) Darth Vader.
(c) Ralph Nader.
(d) Her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the Care Fest combines the panel on birth control with the one on child care?
2. What does Bernard say about when freedom is outlawed?
3. What does Bernard say about cigarettes?
4. What effect does the color of the typewriter have on the writer?
5. What does the writer have under lock and key?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)