|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gulietta think about indoor plumbing?
(a) It is restricting.
(b) It is the devil's device.
(c) It has not been perfected yet.
(d) It is not the way God intended.
2. What surprises Leigh-Cheri when she sees Bernard again?
(a) His hair cut.
(b) His newly grown red beard.
(c) He'd seen a dentist.
(d) His red hair.
3. Why does Bernard Mickey Wrangle use an assumed name?
(a) He's a secret flyer.
(b) He's playing games with the flight attendents.
(c) He doesn't like his name.
(d) He's a wanted criminal.
4. As Leigh-Cheri stands in the sun watching the conference speaker, what is the shadow that falls over her?
(a) A cloud.
(b) Bernard holding a parasol.
(c) Ralph Nader standing behind her.
(d) Bernard holding an umbrella.
5. Who does Leigh-Cheri make a citizen's arrest on?
(a) Boom Boom Firecracker.
(b) Bernard the Woodpecker.
(c) Ralph Nader.
6. Why doesn't Leigh-Cherie like Sunday brunch?
(a) She is on a diet.
(b) No one makes her eggs correctly.
(c) Pork is served and she is a vegetarian.
(d) She hates Sunday.
7. Who read Leigh-Cheri a bedtime story until she was fifteen?
(a) King Max.
(d) Queen Tilli.
8. In Chapter Thirty-One, why does Leigh-Cheri say she can't miss the Care Fest on the following evening?
(a) Because Ralph Nader is speaking.
(b) Because the people from Argon are speaking.
(c) Because the man from the airplane has his workshop on meditation.
(d) Because she wants to see the recycling demonstration.
9. What is the similarity between juggling and composing on a typewriter?
(a) There is no similarity.
(b) When you spill something, make it look like part of the act.
(c) When you miss, try, try again.
(d) You can juggle a typewriter.
10. What does the writer's new typewriter speak?
(a) Electric Mark Twain.
(b) Spanish and French.
(c) Electric Shakespeare.
(d) Electric linquistics.
11. What is the only serious question mentioned in Chapter Two?
(a) "Whether or not to kill yourself?"
(b) "Who knows how to make love stay?"
(c) "Who knows how to grow blackberries?"
(d) "Whether or not to continue reading?"
12. What frightens the writer about the Remington SL3?
(a) It's speed.
(b) It's size.
(c) It's misspell alarm.
(d) It's mechanical sophistication.
13. Who does Gulietta observe as she prepares to utilize the outdoors as a bathroom?
(a) Ralph Nader.
(c) Darth Vader.
14. What novel is hard to read while listening to Stevie Wonder?
(a) The Brothers Grimm.
(b) The Brothers Karamazov.
(c) Karamazov and Sons.
(d) One Flew Over the Coo-Coo's Nest.
15. What does Leigh-Cheri want to do when she turned twenty-one?
(a) Get married.
(b) Buy the world a Diet Pepsi.
(c) Buy the world a Coke.
(d) Help the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what magazine does Reed Jarvis write?
2. What does Bernard Mickey Wrangle eat while on the airplane?
3. What is the writer thinking about the Remington SL3 during the first "Interlude" in the novel?
4. What does Leigh-Cheri learn when she goes into the Pioneer bar?
5. What happens to the writer's finger last week?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)