|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do resident surgeons treat cadavers, in Mary Roach's account?
2. Who did Robert Knox buy corpses from?
3. What does evidence suggest killed the passengers on TWA Flight 800?
4. Why was it hard for Shanahan to investigate the crash of TWA Flight 800?
5. What position is UM006 placed in for the study?
Short Essay Questions
1. What projects has the military used cadavers for, in Mary Roach's account?
2. How does Mary Roach say cadavers have been treated, historically?
3. What are the three stages of decay, as Mary Roach describes them?
4. When did injury analysis begin?
5. What were Shanahan's conclusions about the cause of the Flight 800 disaster?
6. What does Mary Roach say was the practice with dead soldiers in the Civil War?
7. When did dissections of cadavers begin?
8. How does Mary Roach say cadavers were treated in early dissections?
9. What is the advantage of practicing surgery on a cadaver?
10. How were morticians preparing bodies at the San Francisco College of Mortuary Science?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the primary audience for Mary Roach's book? Who is she writing for? Whose questions is she answering?
Essay Topic 2
How would you characterize Mary Roach's religious views and sensibility? What do you think are her religious beliefs, based on the book?
Essay Topic 3
How would you characterize Mary Roach's intellect, in regard to how she navigates this challenging and sensitive topic? What kind of a person is she, and how do you think she would handle other challenging situations or topics?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)