|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Remains of the Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mary Roach touched by at the event at UCSF?
(a) A demonstration on a cadaver.
(b) A tribute to a cadaver.
(c) A cadaver's family's satisfaction.
(d) A cadaver's apparent patience.
2. What are researchers trying to determine by studying impacts?
(a) How much force a soldier can withstand.
(b) How to design helmets.
(c) How rescue techniques can save lives.
(d) How to prevent side-impact injuries.
3. What causes bloat in cadavers?
(a) Release of stomach gases.
(c) Tissue decomposition.
(d) Bacteria digesting internal organs.
4. What was the original advantage of cremation when it was first advocated?
(b) More efficient.
(d) Less pollution.
5. Why was it hard for Shanahan to investigate the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) The bodies were still intact, and lifelike.
(b) The bodies covered a large area.
(c) The bodies were unrecognizable.
(d) There were so many young people on board.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of water reduction?
2. Who is Mike Walsh?
3. What did Dr. Joseph Ignace Guillotin say about the guillotine?
4. What did the passengers' burns rule out for Shanahan?
5. What does Mary Roach say patients at teaching hospitals would get, before 1800?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)