|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Remains of the Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marliena Marignani say is the advantage of working on cadavers?
(a) They cannot sue for malpractice.
(b) They let you try the procedure over and over again.
(c) She does not have to interact with them.
(d) They do not bleed.
2. What did Robert White have some success with?
(a) Transplanting dog heads.
(b) Transplanting dog hearts.
(c) Transplanting monkey heads.
(d) Transplanting human heads.
3. How does Mary Roach say the modern medical community feels about the definition of death as brain death?
4. What do researchers risk if they omit details of their research on cadavers?
(a) Perjuring themselves.
(b) Violating ethics laws.
(c) Losing cadavers to work with in the future.
(d) Offending families later.
5. Who would Sir Astley Cooper have dug up?
(a) His former professors.
(b) His old friends.
(c) His former patients.
(d) His enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did dummies prove to investigators?
2. What distinguishes corpses in disasters caused by explosions?
3. Who permitted anatomists to cut open executed criminals, in Mary Roach's account?
4. What is the purpose of acetone in the University of Michigan Medical School process that Mary Roach observes?
5. What led Shanahan away from thinking that TWA Flight 800 was an explosion?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)