|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Eat Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would Sir Astley Cooper have dug up?
(a) His old friends.
(b) His enemies.
(c) His former patients.
(d) His former professors.
2. How did Barbet test his skepticism?
(a) He strapped volunteers to crosses to see how much movement they could make.
(b) He performed a chemical analysis of the Shroud of Turin.
(c) He crucified monkeys and other animals.
(d) He attached weights to amputated arms to see how much a nail could hold.
3. What did Dr. Duncan McDougal try to measure?
(a) The shape and color of the soul.
(b) The smell of the soul.
(c) The weight of the soul.
(d) The moment when the soul leaves the body.
4. What does Mike Walsh say he typically tells families?
(b) All the details of the study including long-term follow-up.
(c) More than they need to know about their loved one.
(d) Just the minimum facts.
5. Why does Duncan McPherson of the LA Police Department believe people fall down when shot?
(a) Because they know they have been shot.
(b) Because the bullet affects the brain's balancing ability.
(c) Because the bullet knocks them over.
(d) Because the pain is debilitating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is H in when she arrives at UCSF medical center?
2. What did Frederick Zugibe say about Dr. Pierre Barbet's work?
3. What does the intensive care unit (ICU) staff do for H?
4. The University of Tennessee Medical Center is the home to the only facility that does what?
5. Whom does Mary Roach say British surgeons began to dissect, when cadaver supply ran low?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)