|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Eat Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jean Baptiste Vincent Laborde attempt?
(a) Making a severed head blink.
(b) Electrifying severed heads.
(c) Measuring the decrease of electrical activity in a severed head.
(d) Infusing blood into severed heads.
2. What was the measure of death before brain death was understood?
(a) Absence of brain activity.
(b) Absence of breathing.
(c) Absence of a heartbeat.
(d) A coma that lasted more than six months.
3. When does Mary Roach say patients were better off ignoring doctors' advice?
(a) When advised to eat their own flesh.
(b) When advised to eat excrement.
(c) When advised to be bled.
(d) When advised to use ancestors for medicines.
4. For how long after death can internal organs be identified?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) A week.
(d) A month.
5. Who permitted anatomists to cut open executed criminals, in Mary Roach's account?
(c) Ptolemy I.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fear did people have before modern science clarified brain death?
2. What did Frederick Zugibe say about Dr. Pierre Barbet's work?
3. What is a mellified man?
4. Who does Mary Roach say was often in attendance at surgeries?
5. What does Mary Roach say is the least acceptable thing you can do with a cadaver?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)