|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Eat Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Barbet skeptical about?
(a) The blood patterns on the Shroud of Turin.
(b) The notion that crucifixion kills a man by asphyxiation.
(c) The ability of a crucified person to reposition himself.
(d) The weight-bearing ability of a nail through the palm.
2. What is a mellified man used for?
(a) Gastric disorders.
(c) Topical application for wounded limbs.
(d) Spiritual uses.
3. What does Rick Lowden study?
(a) The corrosion of bullets in human flesh.
(b) The effects of the temporary stretch cavity.
(c) The legality of cadaver and animal tests.
(d) The ethics of using cadavers in tests.
4. When were mummies used medicinally?
(a) 8th - 6th centuries BCE.
(b) 4th - 8th centuries AD.
(c) 8th - 12th centuries AD.
(d) 16th - 18th centuries AD.
5. Whom does Mary Roach say British surgeons began to dissect, when cadaver supply ran low?
(b) Street people.
(c) Their dead relatives.
(d) Their students.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shanahan cope with his work?
2. What does objectification provide surgeons with, in Mary Roach's account?
3. What does Mary Roach say is the least acceptable thing you can do with a cadaver?
4. Why does technology emulate the smell of dead bodies?
5. How were early anatomists supposed to dispose of human remains?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)