|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Eat Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does neurologist Dennis Tobin believe people fall down when shot?
(a) Because the brain registers the wound and shuts down momentarily.
(b) Because the body's electrochemical balance is thrown off.
(c) Because the force of even a small caliber shot is disorienting.
(d) Because well-placed shots can destroy nerve centers.
2. What does Mary Roach say, in commenting on Frederick Zugibe's work, is the highest office?
(a) Spreading religion.
(b) Relieving pain.
(c) Spreading democracy.
(d) Having faith.
3. What was Mary Roach touched by at the event at UCSF?
(a) A demonstration on a cadaver.
(b) A cadaver's apparent patience.
(c) A tribute to a cadaver.
(d) A cadaver's family's satisfaction.
4. What do researchers risk if they omit details of their research on cadavers?
(a) Perjuring themselves.
(b) Losing cadavers to work with in the future.
(c) Violating ethics laws.
(d) Offending families later.
5. What kind of resistance did DeMaio meet over using cadavers, according to Mary Roach?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which event happened first, in Shanahan's explanation of TWA Flight 800?
2. What did Mary Roach attend at UCSF?
3. What does Marliena Marignani say is the advantage of working on cadavers?
4. When does 'human wreckage' become useful to an investigation?
5. What did dummies prove to investigators?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)