|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Dead Man Driving.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the bloat stage of decomposition last?
(a) A month.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) A week.
(d) Two weeks.
2. What does Marliena Marignani say is the advantage of working on cadavers?
(a) They do not bleed.
(b) They let you try the procedure over and over again.
(c) She does not have to interact with them.
(d) They cannot sue for malpractice.
3. What was Mary Roach touched by at the event at UCSF?
(a) A tribute to a cadaver.
(b) A cadaver's family's satisfaction.
(c) A cadaver's apparent patience.
(d) A demonstration on a cadaver.
4. When are apes more useful than cadavers in studies?
(a) When functioning organs are required.
(b) When responses are considered.
(c) When studies look at bone fractures.
(d) When language and emotional trauma are being studied.
5. Whom does Mary Roach say British surgeons began to dissect, when cadaver supply ran low?
(a) Their dead relatives.
(c) Their students.
(d) Street people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are researchers trying to determine by studying impacts?
2. What does Mary Roach say patients at teaching hospitals would get, before 1800?
3. Who was the 'father of anatomy'?
4. What were people called who stole bodies to sell them to scientists?
5. What position is UM006 placed in for the study?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)