|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for a trick package that can be used to hide stolen items?
2. What does CN gas smell like?
3. 'As the revolutionary struggle intensifies, so will the number and severity of...'
4. What does Hoffman say is the appropriate cost for an inch of advertising space?
5. What does a gas mask need for maximum effectiveness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the topic of social welfare and the social safety net, making an argument for or against expansion of government spending on social programs. Be sure to use both logical, moral, and cited/researched arguments in your paper.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the topic of revolution. Be sure to address:
1) Violent and non-violent revolution.
2) Major revolutions in world history, and what can be learned from them.
3) The possibility and viability of a revolution in the United States.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the topic of authority. Be sure to address:
1) Forms of authority.
2) Common attitudes towards authority, and hypotheses on why these attitudes exist.
3) The role of authority in a modern society.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)