Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take to learn the basics of operating a firearm?
2. According to Hoffman, what should be the aim of every good high school newspaper?
3. What is the most important institution in the 'New Nation?'
4. How many underground newspapers does Hoffman estimate exist at the time of writing?
5. What length of sentence can accompany a contempt or perjury charge?
Research and write an essay on Abbie Hoffman's New Nation, addressing:
1) How the Nation would be established.
2) Pros and cons of the New Nation.
3) Barriers to achieving the New Nation.
Write an essay topic of your choosing, based on the theme of democracy. The essay can focus on a specific aspect of democracy, deal with the functioning of the system as a whole, and so on.
Write an essay describing the political beliefs of Abbie Hoffman, based on evidence from STEAL THIS BOOK and your own research. Be sure to address:
1) Key complaints that Hoffman had with the political system of his day.
2) What Hoffman's 'ideal system' might look like.
3) Similarities and differences between your beliefs and those of Abbie Hoffman.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)