|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hoffman, what should be the aim of every good high school newspaper?
2. What are the publishers of underground newspapers commonly busted for?
3. What is the power limit for legal transmission on free AM bands?
4. What does RF stand for?
5. At the time of writing, how much does it cost to set up a minimal printing workshop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the topic of recreational drugs, focusing on those mentioned by Hoffman in STEAL THIS BOOK. Be sure to address:
1) Issues surrounding the use and sale of drugs.
2) Issues with the prohibition of these drugs.
3) How you feel about the current state of narcotics laws in America.
Essay Topic 2
Research and write an essay comparing and contrasting the economic systems of capitalism and communism, using historical examples of nations' experiences with various versions of the two systems.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay topic of your choosing, based on the theme of democracy. The essay can focus on a specific aspect of democracy, deal with the functioning of the system as a whole, and so on.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)