|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hoffman, what caliber of cartridge is the bare minimum of acceptable power?
2. What does Hoffman suggest putting into a safety deposit box?
3. How many underground newspapers does Hoffman estimate exist at the time of writing?
4. What is important to any revolution?
5. What does a high pulse of over 100 beats per minute usually indicate in an injured person?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay topic of your choosing, based on the theme of democracy. The essay can focus on a specific aspect of democracy, deal with the functioning of the system as a whole, and so on.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the topic of revolution. Be sure to address:
1) Violent and non-violent revolution.
2) Major revolutions in world history, and what can be learned from them.
3) The possibility and viability of a revolution in the United States.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the topic of propaganda. Be sure to address:
1) The definition of propaganda.
2) The role (if any) of propaganda in a modern society.
3) The prevalence of propaganda.
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)