Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take to learn the basics of operating a firearm?
2. According to Hoffman, what should be the aim of every good high school newspaper?
3. What is the most important institution in the 'New Nation?'
4. How many underground newspapers does Hoffman estimate exist at the time of writing?
5. What length of sentence can accompany a contempt or perjury charge?
Essay Topic 1
Research and write an essay comparing and contrasting the economic systems of capitalism and communism, using historical examples of nations' experiences with various versions of the two systems.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay topic of your choosing, based on the theme of democracy. The essay can focus on a specific aspect of democracy, deal with the functioning of the system as a whole, and so on.
Essay Topic 3
Research and write an essay on Abbie Hoffman's New Nation, addressing:
1) How the Nation would be established.
2) Pros and cons of the New Nation.
3) Barriers to achieving the New Nation.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)