|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hoffman prefer over a mimeograph?
2. What Western country provides asylum for draft dodgers and deserters?
3. According to Hoffman, what should be the aim of every good high school newspaper?
4. According to Hoffman, what is the most important part of a demonstration?
5. What does Hoffman recommend not to do with a Molotov cocktail or other bomb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the life and times of Abbie Hoffman. Be sure to include:
1) Important moments in Hoffman's life.
2) Hoffman's greatest (or worst) accomplishments.
3) The legacy of Abbie Hoffman.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the target audience of STEAL THIS BOOK. Be sure to address factors such as socioeconomic status, age, education, reasons for buying the book, and so on.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the role of media in politics. Be sure to address:
1) The relationship between major media outlets and political parties.
2) The role of independent media in politics.
3) Specific examples of where media and politics have mixed, with either positive or negative results.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)