|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the military, what does C.O. stand for?
2. What does LACE stand for?
3. What city has the longest and most extensive Switchboard operation?
4. How many basic types of TV systems are there?
5. What does a gas mask need for maximum effectiveness?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay topic of your choosing, based on the theme of democracy. The essay can focus on a specific aspect of democracy, deal with the functioning of the system as a whole, and so on.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on political attitudes in modern democracies. Be sure to address:
1) Generation gaps and political attitudes.
2) Trends and shifts in the dominant political ideologies.
3) Your own political views and how they fit in with the political landscape around you.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the topic of authority. Be sure to address:
1) Forms of authority.
2) Common attitudes towards authority, and hypotheses on why these attitudes exist.
3) The role of authority in a modern society.
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)