|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have 'yippies' been doing at supermarkets since their inception?
2. On credit cards, what is the letter code for 1970?
3. What percentage of a charity's funds go to fund the organization itself?
4. According to Hoffman, what is the only reason you should be in college?
5. What can be used as fake marijuana?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you feel is the best way to achieve political change? What tactics do you agree and disagree most with in STEAL THIS BOOK?
2. Where can a person find food that needs to be disposed of?
3. What kind of person was Abbie Hoffman? Was he a villain, a hero, or neither?
4. How does Hoffman instruct readers to direct property damage?
5. Describe the explosive process of a concussion bomb or similar explosive device.
6. What do you feel is the role of the state in providing for its people? How is this issue dealt with in STEAL THIS BOOK?
7. What would happen if everyone followed the advice of STEAL THIS BOOK? What contradictions have you noticed?
8. What does Hoffman say about airlines? How valid are the advice and justifications that he gives?
9. How important are political demonstrations and protests in the democratic system? Is violence always a part of public political expressions?
10. Describe the 'general bomb strategy' recommended by Hoffman.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the topic of revolution. Be sure to address:
1) Violent and non-violent revolution.
2) Major revolutions in world history, and what can be learned from them.
3) The possibility and viability of a revolution in the United States.
Essay Topic 2
Research and write an essay on Abbie Hoffman's New Nation, addressing:
1) How the Nation would be established.
2) Pros and cons of the New Nation.
3) Barriers to achieving the New Nation.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing a modern version of STEAL THIS BOOK. Be sure to address:
1) Sections of the original that would no longer be relevant.
2) Important additions to a new version based on emerging technology and trends.
3) Political issues of the day that Hoffman would want to deal with.
This section contains 1,339 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)