Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of a charity's funds go to fund the organization itself?
2. What should you do to all your cans before going to the cashier?
3. What religion of people hold particularly good parties for stealing food from?
4. What type of person is a good friend to have at the docks?
5. What destination does Hoffman recommend for a free vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think the New Nation described by Hoffman would look like? Is it possible to achieve?
2. According to Hoffman, what is the best way to steal? Is this still true today?
3. Do you feel that there is really a class war going on in America?
4. How do you feel about Abbie Hoffman's politics?
5. How does Hoffman instruct readers to direct property damage?
6. What does Hoffman recommend for unarmed defense?
7. What should the publishers of radical high school newspapers be aware of?
8. How does Hoffman feel about the use of violence for achieving political goals?
9. What does Hoffman recommend for free food in LIBERATE?
10. Where can a person find food that needs to be disposed of?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the political beliefs of Abbie Hoffman, based on evidence from STEAL THIS BOOK and your own research. Be sure to address:
1) Key complaints that Hoffman had with the political system of his day.
2) What Hoffman's 'ideal system' might look like.
3) Similarities and differences between your beliefs and those of Abbie Hoffman.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay topic of your choosing, based on the theme of democracy. The essay can focus on a specific aspect of democracy, deal with the functioning of the system as a whole, and so on.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on what you feel is the most important political demonstration/protest in American history. Be sure to address:
1) The goal of the demonstration.
2) A timeline of what happened at the demonstration.
3) How the event has influenced history and America as a nation.
This section contains 1,914 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)