|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most effective foreign coin to use as a substitute for a quarter?
2. What can be used as fake marijuana?
3. 'Eternal vigilance and constant mobility are the passwords of...'
4. What number size of brass washer doubles as a dime?
5. What type of vehicle is easier to hitch a ride on at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What suggestions does Hoffman have regarding hair?
2. Has reading STEAL THIS BOOK changed your view of politics and the democratic system?
3. What does Hoffman say about the importance of a printing press? Why is it so important?
4. What do you feel is the best way to achieve political change? What tactics do you agree and disagree most with in STEAL THIS BOOK?
5. What advice does Hoffman have for organizing a demonstration?
6. What is trashing?
7. Describe the 'general bomb strategy' recommended by Hoffman.
8. How can the mass power of people be used to disrupt utilities and government?
9. How does Hoffman recommend organizing for the purpose of free food? What benefits does this organization provide?
10. What would happen if everyone followed the advice of STEAL THIS BOOK? What contradictions have you noticed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing a modern version of STEAL THIS BOOK. Be sure to address:
1) Sections of the original that would no longer be relevant.
2) Important additions to a new version based on emerging technology and trends.
3) Political issues of the day that Hoffman would want to deal with.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the target audience of STEAL THIS BOOK. Be sure to address factors such as socioeconomic status, age, education, reasons for buying the book, and so on.
Essay Topic 3
Research and write an essay comparing and contrasting the economic systems of capitalism and communism, using historical examples of nations' experiences with various versions of the two systems.
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)