|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes a pair of 'snappy casual shoes?'
2. 'Seize the...'
3. Who should you avoid freeloading from?
4. At the time of writing, what is the value of a stolen airline ticket around the world?
5. According to Hoffman, what is the only reason you should be in college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hoffman recommend for free furniture, clothing, and other goods?
2. Describe the explosive process of a concussion bomb or similar explosive device.
3. What does Hoffman recommend for free entertainment?
4. How should a demonstrator dress during a protest?
5. What is 'monkey warfare?' Who does it appeal to?
6. How does Hoffman attempt to justify stealing at supermarkets? Do you agree with him?
7. What advice does Hoffman have for hitchhikers?
8. How does Hoffman feel about the use of violence for achieving political goals?
9. What advice does Hoffman have for the operators of underground radio stations?
10. What advice does Hoffman have for the layout of an underground paper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay making a moral argument for or against the publication of books such as STEAL THIS BOOK.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on what you feel is the most important political demonstration/protest in American history. Be sure to address:
1) The goal of the demonstration.
2) A timeline of what happened at the demonstration.
3) How the event has influenced history and America as a nation.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the topic of recreational drugs, focusing on those mentioned by Hoffman in STEAL THIS BOOK. Be sure to address:
1) Issues surrounding the use and sale of drugs.
2) Issues with the prohibition of these drugs.
3) How you feel about the current state of narcotics laws in America.
This section contains 1,768 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)