|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On credit cards, what is the letter code for 1970?
2. What type of person is a good friend to have at the docks?
3. What should every movement have?
4. What does the law of gravity also affect?
5. How much money did the hijacker ask for when he 'got greedy?'
Short Essay Questions
1. What is trashing?
2. How does Hoffman describe those who would follow his advice? Do you think he takes his advice seriously?
3. Why were the 1960's such an important time in the cultural history of the world?
4. What advice does Hoffman have for the operators of underground radio stations?
5. How does Hoffman tell readers they should view the government and participate in the democratic process?
6. How should injuries be dealt with during a demonstration, protest, or riot?
7. How does Hoffman recommend organizing for the purpose of free food? What benefits does this organization provide?
8. What does Hoffman recommend for medical care?
9. What are the main themes of STEAL THIS BOOK?
10. How can one start an underground newspaper? What investments and expertise are required?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay topic of your choosing, based on the theme of democracy. The essay can focus on a specific aspect of democracy, deal with the functioning of the system as a whole, and so on.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the topic of revolution. Be sure to address:
1) Violent and non-violent revolution.
2) Major revolutions in world history, and what can be learned from them.
3) The possibility and viability of a revolution in the United States.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the life and times of Abbie Hoffman. Be sure to include:
1) Important moments in Hoffman's life.
2) Hoffman's greatest (or worst) accomplishments.
3) The legacy of Abbie Hoffman.
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)