Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of a charity's funds go to fund the organization itself?
2. What should you do to all your cans before going to the cashier?
3. What religion of people hold particularly good parties for stealing food from?
4. What type of person is a good friend to have at the docks?
5. What destination does Hoffman recommend for a free vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think the New Nation described by Hoffman would look like? Is it possible to achieve?
2. According to Hoffman, what is the best way to steal? Is this still true today?
3. Do you feel that there is really a class war going on in America?
4. How do you feel about Abbie Hoffman's politics?
5. How does Hoffman instruct readers to direct property damage?
6. What does Hoffman recommend for unarmed defense?
7. What should the publishers of radical high school newspapers be aware of?
8. How does Hoffman feel about the use of violence for achieving political goals?
9. What does Hoffman recommend for free food in LIBERATE?
10. Where can a person find food that needs to be disposed of?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the role of media in politics. Be sure to address:
1) The relationship between major media outlets and political parties.
2) The role of independent media in politics.
3) Specific examples of where media and politics have mixed, with either positive or negative results.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the life and times of Abbie Hoffman. Be sure to include:
1) Important moments in Hoffman's life.
2) Hoffman's greatest (or worst) accomplishments.
3) The legacy of Abbie Hoffman.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the topic of recreational drugs, focusing on those mentioned by Hoffman in STEAL THIS BOOK. Be sure to address:
1) Issues surrounding the use and sale of drugs.
2) Issues with the prohibition of these drugs.
3) How you feel about the current state of narcotics laws in America.
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)