|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should you do to all your cans before going to the cashier?
2. What is yogurt?
3. What time of year has the highest competition for rental housing?
4. What is still available in Amerika, 'despite what you may have heard?'
5. What percentage of a charity's funds go to fund the organization itself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hoffman recommend for free food in LIBERATE?
2. What advice does Hoffman have for organizing a demonstration?
3. What should the publishers of radical high school newspapers be aware of?
4. What advice does Hoffman have for the layout of an underground paper?
5. How do you feel about Abbie Hoffman's politics?
6. How does Hoffman instruct readers to direct property damage?
7. How can one start an underground newspaper? What investments and expertise are required?
8. Should Abbie Hoffman be held legally responsible for the actions of his readers if they follow his teachings literally and break the law?
9. What does Hoffman say about airlines? How valid are the advice and justifications that he gives?
10. What does Hoffman recommend about organizing press conferences?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing a modern version of STEAL THIS BOOK. Be sure to address:
1) Sections of the original that would no longer be relevant.
2) Important additions to a new version based on emerging technology and trends.
3) Political issues of the day that Hoffman would want to deal with.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the role of media in politics. Be sure to address:
1) The relationship between major media outlets and political parties.
2) The role of independent media in politics.
3) Specific examples of where media and politics have mixed, with either positive or negative results.
Essay Topic 3
Research and write an essay on Abbie Hoffman's New Nation, addressing:
1) How the Nation would be established.
2) Pros and cons of the New Nation.
3) Barriers to achieving the New Nation.
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)