|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a good news item, if done right?
2. What does Hoffman recommend against when hijacking the mic at a concert?
3. What characteristic of subway system cards is it important to note?
4. What type of person is a good friend to have at the docks?
5. What should every movement have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you feel that there is really a class war going on in America?
2. How does Hoffman feel about the use of violence for achieving political goals?
3. What are the main themes of STEAL THIS BOOK?
4. How can a person get free food in 'Amerika?' Do you think this advice is still valid?
5. What advice does Hoffman have for organizing a demonstration?
6. What advice does Hoffman have for the layout of an underground paper?
7. How can television transmissions be hijacked?
8. What should one take note of when buying a farm?
9. What should the publishers of radical high school newspapers be aware of?
10. What advice does Hoffman give for getting welfare benefits?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Write an essay topic of your choosing, based on the theme of democracy. The essay can focus on a specific aspect of democracy, deal with the functioning of the system as a whole, and so on.
Essay Topic 2Write an essay on the topic of recreational drugs, focusing on those mentioned by Hoffman in STEAL THIS BOOK. Be sure to address: 1) Issues surrounding the use and sale of drugs. 2) Issues with the prohibition of these drugs. 3) How you feel about the current state of narcotics laws in America.
Essay Topic 3Write an essay describing a modern version of STEAL THIS BOOK. Be sure to address: 1) Sections of the original that would no longer be relevant. 2) Important additions to a new version based on emerging technology and trends. 3) Political issues of the day that Hoffman would want to deal with.
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)