|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should you do to all your cans before going to the cashier?
2. What can you sew onto a t-shirt to aid in stealing?
3. Who's Register of Companies, Directors and Executives does Hoffman recommend?
4. What is it important to do before 'pulling a big rip off' at a grocery store?
5. When making 'road hog crispies,' how long should the millet be boiled for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Hoffman give for getting welfare benefits?
2. What does Hoffman recommend about organizing press conferences?
3. What does Hoffman recommend for free furniture, clothing, and other goods?
4. How have politics and mainstream society changed since Hoffman's day?
5. According to Hoffman, what is the best way to steal? Is this still true today?
6. How does Hoffman recommend organizing for the purpose of free food? What benefits does this organization provide?
7. What advice does Hoffman have for organizing a demonstration?
8. Do you think that the publication of STEAL THIS BOOK was ultimately a positive or negative event in the history of freedom of expression?
9. What advice does Hoffman have for the layout of an underground paper?
10. Where can a person find food that needs to be disposed of?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the target audience of STEAL THIS BOOK. Be sure to address factors such as socioeconomic status, age, education, reasons for buying the book, and so on.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the topic of authority. Be sure to address:
1) Forms of authority.
2) Common attitudes towards authority, and hypotheses on why these attitudes exist.
3) The role of authority in a modern society.
Essay Topic 3
Research and write an essay describing a political or revolutionary organization mentioned in STEAL THIS BOOK. Be sure to address:
1) The purpose and mission of the organization.
2) Organizational structure, hierarchy, and power structure of the group.
3) Achievements and accomplishments of the group, if any.
This section contains 1,833 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)