|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes a pair of 'snappy casual shoes?'
2. What is even easier to shoplift than food?
3. What are 'springing up all over the New Nation?'
4. What does the law of gravity also affect?
5. What have 'yippies' been doing at supermarkets since their inception?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can television transmissions be hijacked?
2. What advice does Hoffman give for getting welfare benefits?
3. What does Hoffman recommend for medical care?
4. Describe the explosive process of a concussion bomb or similar explosive device.
5. How does Hoffman recommend organizing for the purpose of free food? What benefits does this organization provide?
6. What is trashing?
7. Describe the type of printing equipment that Hoffman explains for readers. How can this equipment be acquired cheaply? What equipment is best?
8. How does Hoffman instruct readers to direct property damage?
9. Should Abbie Hoffman be held legally responsible for the actions of his readers if they follow his teachings literally and break the law?
10. What suggestions does Hoffman have regarding hair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the importance of the 1960's in the cultural history of the United States and the world. What aspects of the 60s still are with us today? What seems to have faded?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the role of media in politics. Be sure to address:
1) The relationship between major media outlets and political parties.
2) The role of independent media in politics.
3) Specific examples of where media and politics have mixed, with either positive or negative results.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the target audience of STEAL THIS BOOK. Be sure to address factors such as socioeconomic status, age, education, reasons for buying the book, and so on.
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)