|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is farmland measured in?
2. What type of vehicle is easier to hitch a ride on at night?
3. What is still available in Amerika, 'despite what you may have heard?'
4. Where can you get a free umbrella?
5. What is a common disease in the hip community?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the 1960's such an important time in the cultural history of the world?
2. What legal advice does Hoffman have for those arrested?
3. What advice does Hoffman have for the layout of an underground paper?
4. What kind of person was Abbie Hoffman? Was he a villain, a hero, or neither?
5. Describe the type of printing equipment that Hoffman explains for readers. How can this equipment be acquired cheaply? What equipment is best?
6. Where can a person find food that needs to be disposed of?
7. What should the publishers of radical high school newspapers be aware of?
8. What does Hoffman recommend about communication from the underground?
9. What does Hoffman recommend for medical care?
10. How does Hoffman instruct readers to direct property damage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing a modern version of STEAL THIS BOOK. Be sure to address:
1) Sections of the original that would no longer be relevant.
2) Important additions to a new version based on emerging technology and trends.
3) Political issues of the day that Hoffman would want to deal with.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on political attitudes in modern democracies. Be sure to address:
1) Generation gaps and political attitudes.
2) Trends and shifts in the dominant political ideologies.
3) Your own political views and how they fit in with the political landscape around you.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay topic of your choosing, based on the theme of democracy. The essay can focus on a specific aspect of democracy, deal with the functioning of the system as a whole, and so on.
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)