|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of a charity's funds go to fund the organization itself?
2. What type of person is a good friend to have at the docks?
3. 'Seize the...'
4. What destination does Hoffman recommend for a free vacation?
5. What is the maximum allowable range for a radio transmitter to not require an FCC license?
Short Essay Questions
1. What should one take note of when buying a farm?
2. What do you think about violence during political demonstrations, protests, and rallies?
3. What do you feel is the best way to achieve political change? What tactics do you agree and disagree most with in STEAL THIS BOOK?
4. What does Hoffman recommend for free furniture, clothing, and other goods?
5. According to Hoffman, what is the best way to steal? Is this still true today?
6. What advice does Hoffman have for the layout of an underground paper?
7. What are the main themes of STEAL THIS BOOK?
8. How does Hoffman instruct readers to direct property damage?
9. How can the mass power of people be used to disrupt utilities and government?
10. What does Hoffman say about airlines? How valid are the advice and justifications that he gives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the topic of propaganda. Be sure to address:
1) The definition of propaganda.
2) The role (if any) of propaganda in a modern society.
3) The prevalence of propaganda.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the role of media in politics. Be sure to address:
1) The relationship between major media outlets and political parties.
2) The role of independent media in politics.
3) Specific examples of where media and politics have mixed, with either positive or negative results.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the topic of social welfare and the social safety net, making an argument for or against expansion of government spending on social programs. Be sure to use both logical, moral, and cited/researched arguments in your paper.
This section contains 1,806 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)