Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of a charity's funds go to fund the organization itself?
2. What should you do to all your cans before going to the cashier?
3. What religion of people hold particularly good parties for stealing food from?
4. What type of person is a good friend to have at the docks?
5. What destination does Hoffman recommend for a free vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think the New Nation described by Hoffman would look like? Is it possible to achieve?
2. According to Hoffman, what is the best way to steal? Is this still true today?
3. Do you feel that there is really a class war going on in America?
4. How do you feel about Abbie Hoffman's politics?
5. How does Hoffman instruct readers to direct property damage?
6. What does Hoffman recommend for unarmed defense?
7. What should the publishers of radical high school newspapers be aware of?
8. How does Hoffman feel about the use of violence for achieving political goals?
9. What does Hoffman recommend for free food in LIBERATE?
10. Where can a person find food that needs to be disposed of?
Write an essay on the topic of social welfare and the social safety net, making an argument for or against expansion of government spending on social programs. Be sure to use both logical, moral, and cited/researched arguments in your paper.
Write an essay on political attitudes in modern democracies. Be sure to address:
1) Generation gaps and political attitudes.
2) Trends and shifts in the dominant political ideologies.
3) Your own political views and how they fit in with the political landscape around you.
Research and write an essay on Abbie Hoffman's New Nation, addressing:
1) How the Nation would be established.
2) Pros and cons of the New Nation.
3) Barriers to achieving the New Nation.
This section contains 1,182 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)