|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many commercials is the average Amerikan exposed to every day?
2. What are 'springing up all over the New Nation?'
3. What is a common disease in the hip community?
4. On credit cards, what is the letter code for 1970?
5. Who's Register of Companies, Directors and Executives does Hoffman recommend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of person was Abbie Hoffman? Was he a villain, a hero, or neither?
2. What programs existed at the time of writing for distributing food to the poor? What criticism does he have for the way these programs were implemented?
3. Where can a person find food that needs to be disposed of?
4. What does Hoffman say about airlines? How valid are the advice and justifications that he gives?
5. How valid do you think Hoffman's advice in LIBERATE is today?
6. How does Hoffman describe those who would follow his advice? Do you think he takes his advice seriously?
7. How does Hoffman tell readers they should view the government and participate in the democratic process?
8. What are the main themes of STEAL THIS BOOK?
9. What advice does Hoffman give for getting welfare benefits?
10. How can one start an underground newspaper? What investments and expertise are required?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay topic of your choosing, based on the theme of democracy. The essay can focus on a specific aspect of democracy, deal with the functioning of the system as a whole, and so on.
Essay Topic 2
Research and write an essay comparing and contrasting the economic systems of capitalism and communism, using historical examples of nations' experiences with various versions of the two systems.
Essay Topic 3
Research and write an essay on Abbie Hoffman's New Nation, addressing:
1) How the Nation would be established.
2) Pros and cons of the New Nation.
3) Barriers to achieving the New Nation.
This section contains 1,936 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)