|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most effective foreign coin to use as a substitute for a quarter?
(a) Uruguayan 10 Centismo.
(b) Danish 5 Ore.
(c) Icelandic 5 Auran.
(d) Peruvian 20 Centavo.
2. How many patients can the average free clinic handle in a day?
(a) One hundred.
(c) A couple dozen.
3. What does Hoffman recommend as the best method of birth control?
(c) The pill.
(d) An IUD.
4. What religion of people hold particularly good parties for stealing food from?
5. Which door is the best to use for sneaking into a theater?
(a) Loading bay door.
(b) Fire exit.
(c) Front door.
(d) Employee entrance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What allows you to get more information across than wall scribbling?
2. What type of vehicle is easier to hitch a ride on at night?
3. What is the maximum allowable range for a radio transmitter to not require an FCC license?
4. What type of suspension is preferable on a boxcar?
5. What destination does Hoffman recommend for a free vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that the publication of STEAL THIS BOOK was ultimately a positive or negative event in the history of freedom of expression?
2. What advice does Hoffman have for hitchhikers?
3. How have politics and mainstream society changed since Hoffman's day?
4. What kind of person was Abbie Hoffman? Was he a villain, a hero, or neither?
5. What should the publishers of radical high school newspapers be aware of?
6. Describe the 'general bomb strategy' recommended by Hoffman.
7. According to Hoffman, what is the best way to steal? Is this still true today?
8. What does Hoffman say about airlines? How valid are the advice and justifications that he gives?
9. Where can a person find food that needs to be disposed of?
10. What programs existed at the time of writing for distributing food to the poor? What criticism does he have for the way these programs were implemented?
This section contains 1,243 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)