|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the 'tar jungle?'
(a) The roofs of tall buildings.
(b) The spaces below overpasses.
(c) The modern city.
(d) Abandoned parking lots.
2. What is a good news item, if done right?
(a) Helping guerrillas escape from zoos.
(b) Guerilla shopping.
(c) Guerilla warfare.
(d) Guerilla theater.
3. 'Eternal vigilance and constant mobility are the passwords of...'
4. What have 'yippies' been doing at supermarkets since their inception?
(c) Picking up girls.
(d) Meeting with each other.
5. Who's Register of Companies, Directors and Executives does Hoffman recommend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where can you get a free umbrella?
2. What is a farmhouse with a small garden, some livestock, and maybe a pond?
3. What type of card is useful for people in their mid twenties?
4. According to Hoffman, what drugs should be avoided?
5. According to Hoffman, what is the only reason you should be in college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the main themes of STEAL THIS BOOK?
2. How does Hoffman feel about the use of violence for achieving political goals?
3. How does Hoffman attempt to justify stealing at supermarkets? Do you agree with him?
4. Do you think that the publication of STEAL THIS BOOK was ultimately a positive or negative event in the history of freedom of expression?
5. What do you think about violence during political demonstrations, protests, and rallies?
6. What advice does Hoffman give for getting welfare benefits?
7. How can television transmissions be hijacked?
8. What advice does Hoffman have for the layout of an underground paper?
9. What should the publishers of radical high school newspapers be aware of?
10. What should one take note of when buying a farm?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)