|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hoffman recommend against when hijacking the mic at a concert?
(a) Being overly dramatic.
(b) Being too brief.
(c) Making threats to the building owners.
(d) Interrupting the music.
2. Who should you avoid freeloading from?
(a) Sisters and brothers.
(b) People with guns and bad attitudes.
(c) Your parents.
(d) The military.
3. What is a good news item, if done right?
(a) Helping guerrillas escape from zoos.
(b) Guerilla warfare.
(c) Guerilla shopping.
(d) Guerilla theater.
4. What is a common disease in the hip community?
(d) Dengue Fever.
5. What number size of brass washer doubles as a dime?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the 'tar jungle?'
2. What is it important to do before 'pulling a big rip off' at a grocery store?
3. According to Hoffman, what is the only reason you should be in college?
4. What should women never go grocery shopping without?
5. What should you do to all your cans before going to the cashier?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hoffman instruct readers to direct property damage?
2. What does Hoffman recommend for free furniture, clothing, and other goods?
3. What does Hoffman recommend for free food in LIBERATE?
4. How can a person get free food in 'Amerika?' Do you think this advice is still valid?
5. What would happen if everyone followed the advice of STEAL THIS BOOK? What contradictions have you noticed?
6. What advice does Hoffman give for getting welfare benefits?
7. What should one take note of when buying a farm?
8. Describe the type of printing equipment that Hoffman explains for readers. How can this equipment be acquired cheaply? What equipment is best?
9. What kind of person was Abbie Hoffman? Was he a villain, a hero, or neither?
10. Do you think that the publication of STEAL THIS BOOK was ultimately a positive or negative event in the history of freedom of expression?
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)