|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hoffman, what should be the aim of every good high school newspaper?
(a) To make the principal happy.
(b) To destroy the high school.
(c) To educate students about political issues and injustice.
(d) To produce 4-H Club members.
2. What does Hoffman recommend not to do with a Molotov cocktail or other bomb?
(a) Smoke around it.
(b) Make it at home.
(c) Throw it.
(d) Use alcohol when making it.
3. At the time of writing, how much does a lightweight bullet-proof vest cost?
4. What word does Hoffman use to refer to police violence?
5. What does a high pulse of over 100 beats per minute usually indicate in an injured person?
(a) Heart or nervous system injury.
(c) Immediate risk of death.
6. 'As the revolutionary struggle intensifies, so will the number and severity of...'
(c) 'Legal penalties.'
7. In one of his songs, what does Joe Hill not guarantee when he picks up a gun?
(a) Which way he will point it.
(b) Whether or not it is loaded.
(c) How well he can aim.
(d) Whether he will shoot it.
8. What does Hoffman suggest putting into a safety deposit box?
9. What is important to any revolution?
(a) Printed matter.
10. Who held street protests against the Nazis during World War Two?
(a) The Ukrainians.
(b) The Danes.
(c) The French.
(d) The Russians.
11. What city has the longest and most extensive Switchboard operation?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York City.
12. What are the publishers of underground newspapers commonly busted for?
13. Where did two friends of Hoffman's hide a tape recorder fit with a loudspeaker?
(a) On the bottom of a police car.
(b) A church.
(c) A school auditorium.
(d) A supermarket.
14. How many underground newspapers does Hoffman estimate exist at the time of writing?
(a) Around 600.
(b) Almost 850.
(c) Over 500.
(d) In excess of 1,000.
15. What is the name for a trick package that can be used to hide stolen items?
(a) Lifter box.
(b) Magic box.
(c) Abracadabra box.
(d) Booster box.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hoffman, what will the FBI soon have?
2. At the time of writing, how much does it cost to set up a minimal printing workshop?
3. What Western country provides asylum for draft dodgers and deserters?
4. What are the most widely used concussion bombs?
5. What does LACE stand for?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)