|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What the dimensions of a tabloid-style paper?
(a) 6 8/10" x 13 3/7"
(b) 10 5/7" x 12 1/2"
(c) 9 7/8" x 14 5/8"
(d) 16 2/3" x 16 2/3"
2. According to Hoffman, what should be the aim of every good high school newspaper?
(a) To make the principal happy.
(b) To produce 4-H Club members.
(c) To educate students about political issues and injustice.
(d) To destroy the high school.
3. What are the most widely used concussion bombs?
(b) Pipe bombs.
(d) Acme C-B 2000s.
4. What is the power limit for legal transmission on free AM bands?
(a) 100 milliwatts.
(b) 7 amps.
(c) 2 watts.
(d) 500 volts.
5. How many points did a person need under Canada's point system to become a landed immigrant?
6. What does Hoffman prefer over a mimeograph?
7. What does LACE stand for?
(a) Legal Attorneys for Collective Excellence.
(b) Lycergic Acid Crypto-Ethelene.
(c) Liquid Air Cycle Engine.
(d) Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions.
8. What word does Hoffman use to refer to police violence?
9. What does a high pulse of over 100 beats per minute usually indicate in an injured person?
(b) Heart or nervous system injury.
(d) Immediate risk of death.
10. What chemical is used in stink bombs?
(a) Butyryl phosphate.
(c) Sulphuric dioxide.
(d) Buteric acid.
11. What city has the longest and most extensive Switchboard operation?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) New York City.
12. 'It's ridiculous to talk about a revolution without a few words on...'
(b) 'What to do after the revolution is successful.'
13. How many basic types of TV systems are there?
14. What is the legal length limit for antennas of unlicensed radio stations?
(a) 9 feet.
(b) 12 feet.
(c) 11 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
15. 'As the revolutionary struggle intensifies, so will the number and severity of...'
(a) 'Legal penalties.'
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first rule of the New Nation prohibit?
2. How many underground newspapers does Hoffman estimate exist at the time of writing?
3. 'Living underground, like exile, can be extremely...'
4. What do police have to do before legally searching you?
5. What does Hoffman suggest putting into a safety deposit box?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)