|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city has the longest and most extensive Switchboard operation?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York City.
2. What do police have to do before legally searching you?
(a) Get a warrant.
(b) Ask your permission.
(c) Put you in handcuffs.
(d) Place you under arrest.
3. At the time of writing, how much did it cost to rent a safety deposit box for a year?
4. 'Random violence produces random...'
(a) 'Propaganda results.'
(d) 'Acts of kindness.'
5. What is the easiest and most productive method of stealing?
(a) With a weapon.
(b) At night.
(c) On the job.
(d) Utilizing distraction and theater.
6. How many underground newspapers does Hoffman estimate exist at the time of writing?
(a) In excess of 1,000.
(b) Around 600.
(c) Over 500.
(d) Almost 850.
7. What does Hoffman suggest putting into a safety deposit box?
8. What does RF stand for?
(a) Regulated Fundamentalism.
(b) Radical Freedom.
(c) Radio Frequency.
(d) Real Feed.
9. At the time of writing, how much does it cost to set up a minimal printing workshop?
(a) No more than fifty bucks.
(b) Less than a hundred dollars.
(c) Two hundred greenbacks.
(d) Around a thousand clams.
10. How can a closed circuit television be temporarily knocked out?
(a) With a baseball bat.
(b) With a bright light.
(c) By covering over the lens.
(d) By cutting the power.
11. In Hoffman's day, what machine was used to make almost all I.D. cards?
(b) IBM Selectric.
(c) Blickensderfer typewriter.
(d) Teletype 300.
12. How many points did a person need under Canada's point system to become a landed immigrant?
13. What is the power limit for legal transmission on free AM bands?
(a) 100 milliwatts.
(b) 500 volts.
(c) 2 watts.
(d) 7 amps.
14. According to Hoffman, what should be the aim of every good high school newspaper?
(a) To destroy the high school.
(b) To educate students about political issues and injustice.
(c) To produce 4-H Club members.
(d) To make the principal happy.
15. What should a person have hidden in case he/she is arrested?
(a) Any drugs they possess.
(b) A can of mace.
(c) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does CN gas smell like?
2. In the United States, what is the minimum age for owning a handgun?
3. What is mixed with sugar to create a smoke bomb?
4. Who held street protests against the Nazis during World War Two?
5. What is a 'knuckle sap?'
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)