|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the mugs made?
2. How many references are handed by Kenner to Evans?
3. How long is it until they land?
4. What does the sign say as they approach the airfield?
5. How many more pounds was Peter than Sarah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is interesting about the National Security Intelligence Agency?
2. What was on the piece of paper beneath the statue and what were they expecting?
3. What is ELF?
4. What does it become clear the people who robbed Sarah, Evans and Margo were looking for?
5. Why did Evans get so mad at Kenner?
6. What is Kaolin?
7. What are PTB's?
8. How is Iceland unique in regards to glaciers?
9. What is a Trojan program?
10. How was Marisa's boyfriend described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the segment on PLM, or Politico-legal-media complex affect your way of thinking? Examine what it is that the Professor talks about. Do you agree that Western nations spend way too much money on fear? Why or why not? How much money have you spent on fear? Was it ever justified? How or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How is beauty emphasized in the novel? Is this true of social standards? What aspects of human nature does beauty cater to? What aspect of human fallibility does the beauty industry cater to? Why? How?
Essay Topic 3
Who would you rather have on your side in a time of crisis; George Morton, or John Kenner. Why? Who would be more able to lead you through the crisis? Why? How is your selection more capable?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)