|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many thousand square miles of desert are in the search area?
2. What did Evans hear that Kenner lied about?
3. What did Morton request of NERF?
4. What smell was strong?
5. What was the wealthiest area of Beverly Hills?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about a Twin Otter plane, and why does this attract Kenner's attention?
2. What is interesting about the National Security Intelligence Agency?
3. Why did Sarah begin to feel like a coward?
4. For what reasons didn't Sarah blend in with the crowd?
5. What are PTB's?
6. What change was made by the IPCC in 1995?
7. How is the man that Sarah is following described?
8. What is Kaolin?
9. Why doesn't Sarah want to go to the police?
10. Why was everyone so concerned about George?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Evans and Drake. What kind of characters are they? What kind of people would they be if they existed in real life? How do their personalities contrast each other? How could they compliment each other?
Essay Topic 2
How did you, as the reader, feel about this book? Which character did you identify most with? Why? Which character did you like the most/least? Why? Would you recommend this book to a friend? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How has university, or the intellectual world, been changed by industry? In what ways are scientific findings no longer unbiased? How have the scientists themselves changed?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)