|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does George quote?
2. Where were the mugs made?
3. How many bolts of lightning could a person take?
4. What activist group was expected to join?
5. Who is Drake worried is hanging out with George?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two things interested George Morton?
2. What were the threats made by Drake to Evans?
3. Why did Sarah get such eager help at the surplus store she went to?
4. For what reasons didn't Sarah blend in with the crowd?
5. Why is it important to the cause of global warming initiatives, that Per Einarsson change his research paper?
6. Why won't bug sweepers detect the implant in Evans' phone?
7. What things put Evans off about NERF?
8. What are PTB's?
9. Why are certain items tracked by the U.S., and what purpose does it serve to track them?
10. What was on the piece of paper beneath the statue and what were they expecting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which do you think is more important--fighting global warming or pollution. Why? What is it that one person can do for either? Do you support either cause? How or why not? What about your family?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think the aim of eco-terrorism is? In what ways are eco-terrorists actually present in our world? Explain at least one documented case in which someone did something that caused the death or serious injury of someone working in an industrial industry.
Essay Topic 3
How is the allusion to George Orwell made by Professor Hoffman incredibly accurate? How has our society shifted into one that greatly resembles George Orwell's 1984? In what ways has this kind of monitoring already taken place? How are we affected by such a social eye?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)