|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Evans hear that Kenner lied about?
2. What kind of person was expected to be there?
3. What was the law actually about?
4. About how many fake user accounts were created?
5. How many people were robbed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are certain items tracked by the U.S., and what purpose does it serve to track them?
2. Why did Sarah begin to feel like a coward?
3. Why does Drake express concern over George's drinking habits?
4. What two things interested George Morton?
5. What does it become clear the people who robbed Sarah, Evans and Margo were looking for?
6. What is a Trojan program?
7. What is Kaolin?
8. What is interesting about the National Security Intelligence Agency?
9. Why did Sarah get such eager help at the surplus store she went to?
10. Why did Evans get so mad at Kenner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has this book changed your outlook on environmental issues, or has it? What are the most important points to you that this book makes? Why do you think people don't focus more on garbage and pollution, instead of global warming, as garbage and pollution are something that each individual can make a difference with?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the fictional organization NERF to the real organization, ELF. How does the author spin the perspective of the reader from admiration of the cause and dedication of NERF to such a discontent radiation at the end of the novel? How is this change of view imperative to the progression of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character of Peter Evans. How is he a dynamic character? What is the impetus for his change of heart regarding environmental issues? What does this say for his intellectual standpoint? What do you think his psychological profiling would be? What kind of friend would he be, judging by his actions in the book?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)