|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long could it take Greenland to lose its icepack?
(a) Ten years
(b) Fifty years
(c) A hundred years
(d) A thousand years
2. What is the name of the rebel leader?
3. Who shows up to rescue them?
(b) Ted Bradley
(c) George Morton
4. What are the two things that count?
(a) Knowledge and desire
(b) Knowledge and results
(c) Honesty and integrity
(d) Caring and desire
5. What would global warming result in?
(a) A net loss to the world
(b) A complete overturning of the present way of life
(c) A loss of everything humanity and nature holds dear
(d) A net benefit to the whole world
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours did they have to stop the tsunami?
2. What does Sarah mention that Kenner might not be good at?
3. How long do they have to stop the machines at Resolution Bay?
4. About how many acres is Yellowstone National Park?
5. What four languages did Sarah feel pretty confident about speaking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does George want to do with Sarah and Evans?
2. What is the purpose of Hoffman's research?
3. What signs showed the park ranger that there was a danger of a flash flood?
4. How did Evans determine where the thing that the detective wanted to give him was located?
5. What was said by the Russian-accented fellow that caught Sarah's attention?
6. How did Morton fake his own death?
7. Why was Ted Bradley turned on by Jennifer Haynes?
8. Why would the military fund weather research?
9. What are burns?
10. In what ways was Peter trying to identify George Morton's body? Why couldn't he?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)