• Author summarizes a lawsuit promised by an environmental agency called NERF (National Environmental Resource Fund) and that organizations principle donator, George Morton, a billionaire who's cause is the environment.
• The suit threatens to hold the US, one of the biggest contributors of global warming, accountable for the evacuation of Vanutu, a low level island whose inhabitants are being forced to evacuate due to rising sea levels.
• The suit is inexplicably dropped after Morton disappears and a lack of media interest in the whole thing prompts the author to explain the events in State of Fear.
• Johnathan Marshal, a graduate student that has been studying tsunami-style waves at a facility in Paris, is accompanied by exotic and interested Marisa, who appears to be fighting with her boyfriend.
• Marshal takes her to the laboratory, where he explains all about the machines, and the recording equipment, where Marisa seems to...
This section contains 6,783 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)