|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Lee family arrive in America?
(a) November 18, 1988.
(b) October 18, 1988.
(c) November 18, 1980.
(d) October 18, 1980.
2. How many different clans existed in Merced?
3. Where does the healing ceremony take place in Chapter 19?
(a) The church.
(b) The hospital.
(d) The Lee home.
4. What was lacking in the refugee camp?
5. How much is the txiv neeb paid in Chapter 19?
(d) He gets to eat with the family every night for the next week.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Neil and Peggy feel about Lia's care by her parents after she was discharged from the hospital?
2. What helped communication between Foua and Lia's doctors?
3. In Merced, what kind of homes did the Hmong have?
4. What did Chapter 11 say was the day Lia's doctor's dreaded?
5. If healthy communication existed from the beginning, what does the author say in Chapter 18 might have been very different?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Lia's condition after she is released from the hospital under the care of her parents?
2. Describe the txiv neeb healing ceremony in Chapter 19.
3. Describe America's situation with Hmong immigrants.
4. Who did Lia compare to her younger siblings?
5. How did Nao view Lia's medications in Chapter 13?
6. Explain the misunderstanding about why Lia's parents thought she was being transferred to a different hospital in Chapter 11.
7. What is the point of the txiv neeb healing ceremony in Chapter 19.
8. Explain the hardships of the Lee family's journey to America.
9. After the horrible journey to America, what did the Lee's expect for their children when they came to America?
10. How is the importance of culture to healing being recognized on a wider basis?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)