|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened during the Lee's first attempt to leave Laos?
(a) They got sick and couldn't make the journey.
(b) They were captured by Vietnamese soldiers.
(c) They were forced out of their camp.
(d) They were captured by Chinese soldiers.
2. What could the doctors have done that would have shown respect for the Lees' religious beliefs?
(a) Transfering to Valley Children's.
(b) Limited female doctor interaction.
(c) Limited shaman interaction.
(d) Limited blood draws.
3. What kind of doctor might have made the Lees more comfortable?
(a) Two male doctors.
(b) A female doctor.
(c) A Hmong doctor.
(d) A shaman.
4. In Merced, CA, how many residents are Hmong?
(a) One out of every six residents is Hmong.
(b) One out of every 12 residents is Hmong.
(c) 90 percent.
(d) One out of every five residents is Hmong.
5. Who was Dang Moua?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A local grocer.
(c) A shaman.
(d) A Hmong preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1993, what happened to Jeanine Hilt?
2. What was Lia's condition when Anne first met the Lee family?
3. Why did Foua rely on her children to shop at the market?
4. In Chapter 17, what kind of damage did Lia have to her brain?
5. What city housed the largest percentage of Hmong per area in California?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the care of Lia by her parents in Chapter 15.
2. Who did Lia compare to her younger siblings?
3. After the horrible journey to America, what did the Lee's expect for their children when they came to America?
4. Explain the hardships of the Lee family's journey to America.
5. After arriving in America, what were considered new concepts to Hmong people like the Lees?
6. Describe Dang Moua.
7. Explain Lia's condition after she is released from the hospital under the care of her parents?
8. Describe America's situation with Hmong immigrants.
9. How did Nao view Lia's medications in Chapter 13?
10. Explain how Neil and Peggy were drawn closer to the Lee family.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)