|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what kind of damage did Lia have to her brain?
2. When Lia returned to MCMC, who was taking care of her?
(c) Her parents.
3. How does Chapter 19 open?
(a) With Neil receiving an award.
(b) With the family preparing for a traditional shaman healing ceremony.
(c) With Lia's 19th birthday celebration.
(d) With Lia's death.
4. Who was hit hard with what happened to Jeanine?
5. As stated in Chapter 15, how did Lia surprise her doctors?
(a) By overcoming her seizures and living a normal life.
(b) By overcoming her seizures.
(c) By living in a vegetative state for two years.
(d) By dying so quickly.
6. When they arrived in America, who did the Lee's seek help from?
(a) Their family in California.
(b) Their family in Oregon.
(c) Their family in Wisconsin.
(d) Their family in Hawaii.
7. What city housed the largest percentage of Hmong per area in California?
8. After how many more years did the Lee's consider leaving again?
9. In Merced, CA, how many residents are Hmong?
(a) One out of every five residents is Hmong.
(b) 90 percent.
(c) One out of every 12 residents is Hmong.
(d) One out of every six residents is Hmong.
10. What was different about Laos than all of its neighbors, as mentioned in Chapter 10?
(a) It was smaller.
(b) Its people spoke multiple languages.
(c) Its people all spoke the same language.
(d) It was the largest.
11. What helped communication between Foua and Lia's doctors?
(b) Western medicine.
(c) Love and understanding.
12. What did Chapter 11 say was the day Lia's doctor's dreaded?
(a) December 25, 1988.
(b) November 25, 1986.
(c) December 25, 1986.
(d) November 25, 1988.
13. How many surviving children did they have when they arrived in America?
14. When did Merced's Health department complete training in advocacy and cultural skills?
15. Which hospital was Lia transferred to in Chapter 11?
(a) Merced Children's Hospital.
(b) Lakeview Children's Hospital.
(c) Valley Children's Hospital.
(d) General Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could the doctors have done that would have shown respect for the Lees' religious beliefs?
2. As described in Chapter 19, what is one kind of tool used by a txiv neeb?
3. What kind of doctor might have made the Lees more comfortable?
4. Who died while the Lee's were in the refugee camp?
5. Why did Foua rely on her children to shop at the market?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)