|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Lia transferred to a different hospital in Chapter 11?
(a) Her family requested it.
(b) It had a children's ICU that MCMC lacked.
(c) Neil was going on vacation.
(d) Jeanine was going on vacation.
2. What did Chapter 11 say was the day Lia's doctor's dreaded?
(a) December 25, 1986.
(b) November 25, 1986.
(c) November 25, 1988.
(d) December 25, 1988.
3. In Chapter 17, whose son is diagnosed with leukemia?
(b) Dang Moua's.
(c) Neil and Peggy's.
4. How did Foua carry Lia on her back in Chapter 15?
(a) With help of others.
(b) In a baby bjorn.
(c) With no help, just on her back.
(d) In a ornmental Hmong wrap.
5. In 1993, what happened to Jeanine Hilt?
(a) She suffered a severe asthma attack and lost brain function.
(b) She died of unknown causes.
(c) She was promoted.
(d) She suffered a heart attack.
6. How many days did Lia spend at Valley Children's Hospital?
(a) Eleven days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One day.
(d) Five days.
7. How many surviving children did they have when they arrived in America?
8. When did Merced's Health department complete training in advocacy and cultural skills?
9. When did the Lee family arrive in America?
(a) October 18, 1980.
(b) October 18, 1988.
(c) November 18, 1980.
(d) November 18, 1988.
10. How are the inhabitants of Laos characterized?
(a) By how they talk.
(b) By what kind of house they have.
(c) By the altitude at which they live.
(d) By what they eat.
11. What celebration occurred during Lia's time at MCMC in Chapter 13?
(d) The Hmong New Year.
12. What happened to the son who had leukemia?
(a) He lived in a vegetative state.
(b) He survived.
(c) He died.
(d) He was institutionalized.
13. Which hospital was Lia transferred to in Chapter 11?
(a) General Hospital.
(b) Valley Children's Hospital.
(c) Merced Children's Hospital.
(d) Lakeview Children's Hospital.
14. In Chapter 17, what kind of damage did Lia have to her brain?
15. What was Lia's condition when Anne first met the Lee family?
(a) She was in a vegetative state.
(b) She had died.
(c) She was healthy.
(d) She was mostly healthy, but having seizures.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lia returned to MCMC, who was taking care of her?
2. Why did most of the Hmong people come to America?
3. What kind of doctor might have made the Lees more comfortable?
4. Who died while the Lee's were in the refugee camp?
5. What kind of life were the Hmong people accustomed to before coming to America?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)