|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Neil and Peggy feel about Lia's care by her parents after she was discharged from the hospital?
(a) They were impressed.
(b) They were angry.
(c) They were sad.
(d) They didn't care.
2. What relationship does the author describe in the preface?
(a) Her relationship with the doctors.
(b) Her relationship with the publisher.
(c) Her relationship with the Lee family.
(d) Her relationship with her daughter.
3. Besides language, what else does the cultural barrier make difficult for doctors and Hmong patients?
(a) Filling out forms.
(b) Calling on the phone.
(c) Talking to nurses.
(d) Non-verbal, interpersonal communication.
4. What kind of life did Foua and Nao expect in America?
(a) A worse one.
(b) The same.
(c) A better one.
(d) They had no expectations.
5. What is impossible to separate from the past for the Hmong people?
(b) Their current state.
(d) The war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which hospital was Lia transferred to in Chapter 11?
2. Why would Lia's parents place her on a soft mat on the floor when she was ready to have a seizure?
3. What diseases do Hmong people suffer from at a higher rate than others?
4. What would happen to Lia's breathing when she had seizures?
5. What was Lia's condition in Chapter 13 when she returned to MCMC?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)