|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would happen to Lia's breathing when she had seizures?
(a) She would wheeze.
(b) Her breathing did not change.
(c) It became labored.
(d) She would stop breathing.
2. What kind of prescription did the Neil and Peggy give Lia that they thought was best for her?
(a) One dose of one medication.
(b) Multiple doses of multiple medications.
(c) Multiple doses of one medication.
(d) No medication.
3. What did Lia do when she seemed to know a seizure was coming?
(a) Begin screaming.
(b) Run to a doctor.
(c) Crawl into bed.
(d) Run to her parents for a hug.
4. Besides language, what else does the cultural barrier make difficult for doctors and Hmong patients?
(a) Filling out forms.
(b) Talking to nurses.
(c) Calling on the phone.
(d) Non-verbal, interpersonal communication.
5. What did the medical chart at Merced say about Lia and her mother?
(a) It noted her close bond with her mother.
(b) It did not realize she had been to the facility many times.
(c) It said she was a problem patient.
(d) It said her parents could speak English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapter 13 say never occurs to Nao and Foua about their children in America?
2. What do Americans think of the ritual used in the Lee's celebration?
3. What was lacking in the refugee camp?
4. Why was giving Lia her medications difficult for the Lee family?
5. Where were the Hmong considered outsiders?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)