|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question did the Hmong people have about surgery in Chapter Four, one that sounds absurd to American people?
(a) They asked why one person would cut into another for the fun of it.
(b) They asked why doctors had to wash up before surgery.
(c) They asked if doctors used magic to perform surgery.
(d) They asked if doctors ate the body parts after surgery.
2. What was Lia's condition in Chapter 13 when she returned to MCMC?
(a) Her breathing was poor and she was in pain.
(b) She was in a coma.
(c) She was normal.
(d) She was throwing up constantly.
3. What was different about Laos than all of its neighbors, as mentioned in Chapter 10?
(a) Its people all spoke the same language.
(b) Its people spoke multiple languages.
(c) It was smaller.
(d) It was the largest.
4. What does Chapter 13 say never occurs to Nao and Foua about their children in America?
(a) They they would have to be treated at American hospitals.
(b) That they would be in danger.
(c) That language would be an issue.
(d) That they would get sick.
5. What was Lia doing when she hit her head severely in Chapter Nine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is impossible to separate from the past for the Hmong people?
2. How old was the best translator that Anne worked with?
3. What city housed the largest percentage of Hmong per area in California?
4. What did Chapter 10 say about the connection to the past life the Hmong were accustomed to?
5. What diseases do Hmong people suffer from at a higher rate than others?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)