|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in California did the author travel to meet with the Lee family?
(a) San Jose.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. What is a "txiv neeb" in the Hmong tribe?
(a) A midwife.
(b) A shaman.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An angel.
3. How many children does Foua Lee have before the childbirth we read about in Chapter One?
4. Why did the Hmong rebel as described in Chapter Two?
(a) Because of the prestige given to them.
(b) Because they did not agree with their morals.
(c) Because of the intrusion of the Chinese.
(d) Because they needed food.
5. What was Lia's condition when Anne first met the Lee family?
(a) She was mostly healthy, but having seizures.
(b) She was in a vegetative state.
(c) She had died.
(d) She was healthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the culture and fate of the Hmong people is seeped in?
2. What prompted the author to go and meet the Lee family?
3. What kind of connotation comes with the Miao or Meo name?
4. Why does that particular type of medicine seem OK to the Hmong?
5. Who called the Hmong Miao or Meo?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)