|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Nine, who did the Lees begin to blame for Lia's condition?
(a) The government and her prescribed medication.
(b) The Kordas.
(d) The shaman.
2. Why did Foua rely on her children to shop at the market?
(a) Because she was afraid of Americans.
(b) She was intimidated.
(c) Because she never learned English.
(d) She was allergic to the food.
3. What was another reason to file the child protective services report?
(a) It was required by law if this person saw something questionable.
(b) It would mean name recognization for this person.
(c) The person's supervisor would be happy.
(d) It would lead to punishment for the Lees.
4. Because of what the Hmong believe about why illnesses happen, what do they question about doctors in Chapter Four?
(a) Why there are no shamans available.
(b) Why doctors must treat you at a hospital.
(c) Why doctors take blood and perform surgery.
(d) They don't understand what pills are.
5. Who in the Hmong culture has the highest rank?
(a) Elderly women.
(b) Young men.
(c) Elderly males.
(d) Young women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which hospital was Lia transferred to in Chapter 11?
2. Why did the Lee's flee their homeland?
3. Why did Neill and Peggy become doctors?
4. What complicated the process of putting a IV in Lia when she was taken to the hospital, as described in Chapter Five?
5. Who filed a report about Lia to Child Protective Services?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)