|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened during the Lee's first attempt to leave Laos?
(a) They were captured by Chinese soldiers.
(b) They were forced out of their camp.
(c) They got sick and couldn't make the journey.
(d) They were captured by Vietnamese soldiers.
2. Who in the Hmong culture has the highest rank?
(a) Elderly women.
(b) Young women.
(c) Young men.
(d) Elderly males.
3. How did Neil and Peggy feel about Lia's care by her parents after she was discharged from the hospital?
(a) They were impressed.
(b) They didn't care.
(c) They were angry.
(d) They were sad.
4. Who is the author of this book?
(a) Anne Fadiman.
(b) Jodi Picoult.
(c) Mai Neng Moua.
(d) Greg Mortenson.
5. Physicians did not recognize what in the Hmong culture?
(a) Their medical practices.
(b) Their age.
(c) Their language.
(d) Their beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author keep records of her interviews for the book?
2. What color was the chair the author sat in for her interviews with the Lee family?
3. What was the father of the translator Anne liked best?
4. How does a txiv neeb reach a diagnosis?
5. What were this person's feelings about filing the report to Child Protective Services?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)