|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did doctors fear would happen if they could not get Lia's seizures under control?
(a) She would lose her voice.
(b) She would never breathe properly.
(c) She would die.
(d) She would regress mentally.
2. What kind of life did Foua and Nao expect in America?
(a) The same.
(b) A worse one.
(c) A better one.
(d) They had no expectations.
3. Which hospital was Lia transferred to in Chapter 11?
(a) Lakeview Children's Hospital.
(b) Merced Children's Hospital.
(c) Valley Children's Hospital.
(d) General Hospital.
4. What kind of life were the Hmong people accustomed to before coming to America?
(a) Life in China.
(b) Life in a refuge camp.
(c) A life in the city.
(d) A mountain life.
5. Who became a very good resource for Anne when she was talking to the Lee's?
(a) Her colleagues.
(b) The translators.
(c) Foua Lee.
(d) Sukey Waller, a psychologist who worked regularly with Hmong clients.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides language, what else does the cultural barrier make difficult for doctors and Hmong patients?
2. Why did most of the Hmong people come to America?
3. How did the Lee's feel when Lia was returned home from foster care?
4. Why did Lia's family think she was transferred to a different hospital in Chapter 11?
5. In western medicine, what is "quag dab peg"?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)