|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the physicians in the refugee camps in Chapter Six think of the how the Hmong people perceived them?
(a) They liked it.
(b) They hated it.
(c) They didn't care.
(d) They had no idea.
2. What did Hmong people generally think of American physicians in the 1980s?
(a) They thought they were evil.
(b) They distrusted them.
(c) They were in awe of them.
(d) They thought they were dumb.
3. Where are the Hmong thought to have arisen?
4. What happened to six of the Lee children before the family immigrated to America?
(a) They moved to Thailand.
(b) They were lost.
(c) They died.
(d) They were kidnapped.
5. What is the juxtaposition in beliefs is there in regards to touch between American doctors and a txiv neeb?
(a) Txiv neeb rely on touch in their practice.
(b) There is no touch in either pratice of doctors or txiv neebs.
(c) The Hmong people wish that txiv neebs would rely on touch.
(d) A txiv neeb does not touch his patients, where as doctors rely on a great amount of touch in their practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lia's family believe captured her spirit in Chapter Three?
2. Who is the author of this book?
3. As mentioned in Chapter Six, what would have been a more agreeable plan to the Hmong in terms of treating illness?
4. Do the Hmong people ever seek the advice of American doctors?
5. How did the Hmong view the Chinese?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)