|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of connotation comes with the Miao or Meo name?
(c) Something not favorable.
2. What happened to six of the Lee children before the family immigrated to America?
(a) They were kidnapped.
(b) They died.
(c) They moved to Thailand.
(d) They were lost.
3. What was the prescription mentioned in Chapter Five that Lia took most often?
(d) Cough syrup.
4. When does the Hmong culture utilize a txiv neeb?
(a) If a hospital is needed.
(b) If the illness happens at home.
(c) In the event of illness.
(d) On Sundays.
5. What is impossible to separate from the past for the Hmong people?
(b) The war.
(d) Their current state.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Hmong believe illnesses happen?
2. What problem occurred when the Lee's first went to Merced Community Medical Center with Lia?
3. How does the author work through the barrier in interviewing the family?
4. When asking someone who is Hmong a question, what will likely be part of their answer?
5. When did the Lee's flee their homeland?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)