|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the chair the author sat in for her interviews with the Lee family?
2. What kind of connotation comes with the Miao or Meo name?
(b) Something not favorable.
3. What prompted the author to go and meet the Lee family?
(a) A story of a sick girl.
(b) A strange medical collision.
(c) A doctor's malpratice.
(d) Rumors of a cultural collision.
4. Who is with Foua Lee when she goes through childbirth?
(a) A doctor.
(b) She is surrounded by her other sleeping children.
(c) A midwife.
(d) Her husband.
5. When does the Hmong culture utilize a txiv neeb?
(a) If the illness happens at home.
(b) If a hospital is needed.
(c) On Sundays.
(d) In the event of illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Lee's flee their homeland?
2. What relationship does the author describe in the preface?
3. Who is the author of this book?
4. How does the author keep records of her interviews for the book?
5. Where are the Hmong thought to have arisen?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)