|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author work through the barrier in interviewing the family?
(a) Gets her publisher to pay for travel.
(b) Works through rough deadlines.
(c) Takes writing classes.
(d) She uses an interpreter.
2. When did the Lee's flee their homeland?
3. Where were the Hmong considered outsiders?
4. Who is the author of this book?
(a) Mai Neng Moua.
(b) Greg Mortenson.
(c) Anne Fadiman.
(d) Jodi Picoult.
5. How did the Hmong view the Chinese?
(a) As fierce enemies.
(b) As ghosts.
(c) As kindred spirits.
(d) As meddling people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position do mother's use for childbirth?
2. What relationship does the author describe in the preface?
3. What is the Hmong tradition for delivery of babies?
4. What color was the chair the author sat in for her interviews with the Lee family?
5. Where are the Hmong thought to have arisen?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)