|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did doctors fear would happen if they could not get Lia's seizures under control?
(a) She would die.
(b) She would regress mentally.
(c) She would never breathe properly.
(d) She would lose her voice.
2. What was the prescription mentioned in Chapter Five that Lia took most often?
(a) Cough syrup.
3. When did the Lee's flee their homeland?
4. What is the Lee's homeland?
5. Why do the Hmong believe illnesses happen?
(a) They arise from the spiritual realm.
(b) Because of physical reasons.
(c) Because you have done something wrong.
(d) They are hand picked people by the shaman to get sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the seizures as Lia got older?
2. How did the Hmong view the Chinese?
3. What did Lia do when she seemed to know a seizure was coming?
4. In the Hmong tradition, what is considered an illness of honor?
5. What question did the Hmong people have about surgery in Chapter Four, one that sounds absurd to American people?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)