|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Lia's parents place her on a soft mat on the floor when she was ready to have a seizure?
(a) They didn't have a bed for her.
(b) They didn't want to put her on a couch.
(c) They thought the floor was dirty.
(d) It would protect her from the hard services when she was thrashing during a seizure.
2. What is the Hmong tradition for delivery of babies?
(a) Babies are delivered in a hospital.
(b) Babies are delivered in their home.
(c) Babies are delivered in tents.
(d) A midwife delivers babies at the hospital.
3. How does a txiv neeb reach a diagnosis?
(a) He or she asks pointed questions.
(b) They ask the village for their feelings.
(c) He or she asks their colleagues.
(d) A txiv neeb senses things in the spiritual world.
4. What did the Lee's think of western medicine in Chapter Three?
(a) They were scared of it.
(b) They had no opinion.
(c) They were skeptical, but thought they would give it a try.
(d) They were in awe of it.
5. Where was Lia born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was giving Lia her medications difficult for the Lee family?
2. When asking someone who is Hmong a question, what will likely be part of their answer?
3. Why do the Hmong believe illnesses happen?
4. Why did the Hmong rebel as described in Chapter Two?
5. What happened when Lia's older sibling slammed the door as mentioned in Chapter Three?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)