|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Melinda think Heather got into the clan?
(a) She blackmails someone.
(b) She offers to do all their running around.
(c) Her father.
(d) A money bribe.
2. What is Rachelle reclaiming?
(a) Her African heritage.
(b) Her European heritage.
(c) Her Cajun heritage.
(d) Her Native American heritage.
3. What does Melinda nickname her English teacher?
(c) Lady Godiva.
(d) Four eyes.
4. What does Nichole make look easy?
(a) Taking tests.
(c) Talking to boys.
(d) Completing math problems.
5. Why does Melinda's Spanish teacher break the "no English" rule?
(a) To chastise a boy who swears in Spanish.
(b) To chastise a boy who is rude.
(c) To threaten the students with detention if they do not do their homework.
(d) To get the students out of the class when the fire alarm rings.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Melinda's English teacher threaten Melinda?
2. Why does Melinda say Ms. Keen is chubby?
3. What list of ten items is given in "First Marking Period"?
4. What is one career on Melinda's job day test results?
5. What dress does Melinda think was distracting on her biology teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what is Mr. Neck upset and what is one student's response?
2. Describe Melinda's visit to Heather's home after school.
3. Who are the Marthas and why does Melinda talk about them?
4. What happens to Melinda in the cafeteria at lunch on the first day of school?
5. What is making it more difficult for Melinda to talk, and what does she wish to do about what is keeping her quiet?
6. How do Melinda and her parents usually communicate and why?
7. Describe Melinda's encounter with Rachel in the bathroom in "First Marking Period".
8. What happens in algebra class that feels disastrous to Melinda?
9. Who is Melinda's lab partner and how does she feel about her lab partner?
10. Why doesn't Melinda go trick or treating, and what does she do on Halloween?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)