|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Melinda say Ms. Keen is chubby?
(a) From eating too many candy bars.
(b) From a lack of exercise.
(c) From eating doughnuts.
(d) She is actually very thin.
2. Where do the ninth graders go when they arrive on the first day of school?
(b) Their first period class.
(c) The auditorium.
(d) The gymnasium.
3. What is one career on Melinda's job day test results?
4. What list of ten items is given in "First Marking Period"?
(a) Five ways to begin to feel comfortable in high school.
(b) The the first ten lies told to you in high school.
(c) The three cardinal rules of high school.
(d) The ten most likely ways to succeed in high school.
5. How does Melinda get her potatoes and gravy on her blouse?
(a) She trips on a girl's backpack.
(b) The person next to her in line flips her plate onto her.
(c) A basketball player bumps into her.
(d) She trips over a blind boy's cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melinda remove from the wall of her room?
2. What at is the big question Melinda asks herself after she boards the bus?
3. What does Melinda's mother forget to do on Thanksgiving?
4. Why does the ecology club protest the new mascot name?
5. What does Rachel seem to say to Melinda as Melinda spies her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Melinda's state of mind on the first day of high school, and how do the students on the bus treat her?
2. How do Melinda and her parents usually communicate and why?
3. After her parents are upset about her grades, what does Melinda do the next day?
4. Why does Melinda decorate the faculty lounge with Heather and what do the Marthas say about Melinda?
5. What does Melinda notice in her mirror and why don't Melinda's parents seem to notice the change in her?
6. Who are the Marthas and why does Melinda talk about them?
7. What class would Melinda avoid if possible and why?
8. What do Melinda's parents order to do after school and how does Melinda "obey" them?
9. Describe Melinda's Thanksgiving Day.
10. About what is Mr. Neck upset and what is one student's response?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)