|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduces herself to Melinda in "First Marking Period"?
2. To what does the art teacher welcome the students?
(a) The nest.
(b) The journey.
(c) The hive.
(d) The galaxy.
3. What is the new name of the school's "mascot"?
(a) The Trojans.
(b) The Eagles.
(c) The Blue Devils.
(d) The Lions.
4. How many clubs does Heather want Melinda to join?
5. What does Heather say is necessary for advancement?
(a) Knowing one's goals.
(b) Knowing one's limitations.
(c) Having lots of friends.
(d) Having lots of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the ninth graders go when they arrive on the first day of school?
2. What word does the art teacher write on the chalkboard?
3. Why does Melinda say Ms. Keen is chubby?
4. What does Melinda's mother forget to do on Thanksgiving?
5. What dress does Melinda think was distracting on her biology teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in algebra class that feels disastrous to Melinda?
2. After her parents are upset about her grades, what does Melinda do the next day?
3. Describe Melinda's visit to Heather's home after school.
4. How does Melinda continue to fix up her closet at school?
5. What does Melinda do after school on Columbus Day?
6. About what is Mr. Neck upset and what is one student's response?
7. Who are the Marthas and why does Melinda talk about them?
8. How does Melinda's former friend Rachel respond to Melinda in "First Marking Period"?
9. Why does Melinda decorate the faculty lounge with Heather and what do the Marthas say about Melinda?
10. Describe Melinda's first impressions of the art room.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)