|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Melinda receive a demerit?
(a) For wandering in the halls without a pass.
(b) For smoking in the bathroom.
(c) For hitting the person who ruins her blouse.
(d) For cursing.
2. How is Melinda feeling emotionally as she boards the school bus?
3. Why is the clan expensive to belong to?
(a) Their outfits must be coordinated.
(b) They produce a weekly newsletter.
(c) They have weekly dues.
(d) They do charity drives.
4. What amuses Melinda about her Spanish class?
(a) That the teacher speaks Spanish with a German accent.
(b) That the teacher intends to speak only Spanish.
(c) That the teacher believes the students should be learning French instead of Spanish.
(d) That the students speak better Spanish than the teacher.
5. What does Mr. Freeman say about Melinda's unique art piece in "Second Marking Period"?
(a) It is unusual.
(b) It has meaning.
(c) It is terrible.
(d) It shows no creativity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Spanish teacher write on the board in "First Marking Period"?
2. What does Melinda's family end up eating on Thanksgiving?
3. What is one career on Melinda's job day test results?
4. Why does Melinda see math as being easy?
5. What is Melinda's mother preoccupied with at work in September?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Melinda find a safe space for herself at school and what is the space like?
2. What is making it more difficult for Melinda to talk, and what does she wish to do about what is keeping her quiet?
3. Who introduces herself to Melinda in "First Marking Period", and why is she friendly when no one else is?
4. What are some names Melinda comes up with for groups of students in the auditorium, and to what group does she belong?
5. How does Melinda refer to her teachers?
6. What does Melinda notice in her mirror and why don't Melinda's parents seem to notice the change in her?
7. What class would Melinda avoid if possible and why?
8. Why doesn't Melinda go trick or treating, and what does she do on Halloween?
9. What happens in algebra class that feels disastrous to Melinda?
10. Describe Melinda's encounter with Rachel in the bathroom in "First Marking Period".
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)