|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Melinda end up sitting near the front?
(a) So she can see if any of her friends are going to make contact with her.
(b) To save a seat for her best friend.
(c) So she can be the first to get off.
(d) To talk to the driver.
2. What does Melinda do when the cheerleaders come into the gym during the pep rally?
3. About what is Melinda critical when she looks in the mirror from her bed?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her bedspread pattern.
(c) Her face.
(d) The wall color.
4. Why does Melinda see math as being easy?
(a) It requires little reading.
(b) It has definite rules.
(c) It is useful.
(d) There is no room for debate.
5. Why does Melinda feel sad for her biology teacher?
(a) Her dog died the day before.
(b) She is stuck with them as students.
(c) Her son is paralyzed.
(d) Her husband is killed in a car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the clan expensive to belong to?
2. Where does Melinda decide to spend her time after school?
3. What do Melinda's parents declare her as having outgrown?
4. On what team is Nichole?
5. On what is Melinda concentrating in art class in "First Marking Period"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Melinda go trick or treating, and what does she do on Halloween?
2. How does Melinda find a safe space for herself at school and what is the space like?
3. Describe Melinda's visit to Heather's home after school.
4. How does Melinda's former friend Rachel respond to Melinda in "First Marking Period"?
5. How does Melinda feel about Algebra compared to other math courses she has taken?
6. What class would Melinda avoid if possible and why?
7. Who are the Marthas and why does Melinda talk about them?
8. What is the topic of discussion at dinner after the interim reports come out, and how does Melinda respond?
9. How do Melinda and her parents usually communicate and why?
10. Who introduces herself to Melinda in "First Marking Period", and why is she friendly when no one else is?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)